Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Post New Reply
Poll: Ajin Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 14, 2016 4:16 AM
How I wish this isn't CG, but oh well. It doesn't look bad.
Awesome opening and nice ending song. So far so good.

Apr 15, 2016 7:04 PM
The story and sound track are pretty nice, but the animation style (CGI?) Took away from the action

Apr 16, 2016 5:35 PM

I have been very excited to marathon this and glad to see the first episode hasn't disappointed!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Apr 17, 2016 2:50 PM
I was excited about this after getting a Netflix notification. It sounded interesting and I watched it during my work break. Can I say I was disappointed? It was just okay..., but I really was put off with the CGI style animation. I prefer 2D animes. Anyways, the pacing felt a little rushed to me.

Apr 18, 2016 6:14 PM

A new Supernatural/Horror anime that sounds interesting....aaannnnndddd they just had to go with full CG animation. Was about to put it on hold and check out the manga instead but it's still publishing so might as well leave that for some other time.

As for the episode itself, not bad. Was turned off by the CG in the first minutes but got used to it by the end of the episode. A bit hard to watch but I'll trudge on through. Story seems interesting and I'm really looking forward to some good doses of horror.

Apr 24, 2016 10:50 PM
the framy cg was a bit annoying,but not enough to ruin the episode. I kinda like the fact that ajins are well known things and not rumor or magical type of situation that noone believes. It seems our MC has family problems with his mom and sis. Also it seems like he and his best friend ether kept the friendship on the down low or he just has really good memory of this guys number after all these years.

May 1, 2016 2:48 PM

I'm in the minority, but I actually liked the CGI. I find it refreshing compared to all the other anime. Makes the show stand out.

I wonder if it's cheaper to produce CGI animes, because I would be all for it if it helps the industry create anime that they'd otherwise avoid.

May 1, 2016 3:50 PM
Yeah the CGI kind of made me laugh. Certain scenes have such stiff animation, especially ones where a character is walking and it's a long-distance shot, like the scene where everyone is walking towards the school. I kept on thinking about MMD animation... But the actual compositions of each shot are like SUPER nice and it's clear and easy to follow (esp b/c I'm watching it in German to practice so if it wasn't so clear I would have a lot of trouble)

May 11, 2016 5:06 PM

I don't think the CGI was that bad and the story is quite intriguing, So I'm liking it so far!

May 15, 2016 5:45 PM

The CGI needs a higher frame rate, it looks choppy.

May 20, 2016 1:01 AM

CGI wasn't bad at all. Obviously prefer regular art, but it wasn't bad.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Aug 31, 2016 5:33 AM

op is nice , fits the anime kinda make u ready
the cci isn't that bad compared to others show like berserk
as a manga reader this was quite adapted

Tengai said:
How I wish this isn't CG, but oh well. It doesn't look bad.

same here , i guess this anime would have got a even higher score if it wasn't for CG.

Sep 20, 2016 5:17 AM

This released in 2016? It looks bloody disgusting. I searched everywhere for a better version but nope it's the actual anime.

I don't know how anyone could say it doesn't look bad I'm seriously considering just dropping it now, It's not even because it's CG I don't mind Berserks CG.

Sep 23, 2016 11:25 AM

I'm not against CGI, but I'm against 3FPS CGI

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●
      Felix best Waifu
         Rem is Shit
      There's no Laifu
      And You Know It
●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Sep 24, 2016 11:20 PM

I like the OP but I don't quite feel the ED.

Good start. I like how Kai was willing to help out Kei even though Kei sort of ignored him and focused on studying, which in itself isn't bad but avoiding people just to maintain a facade is pretty stupid.

Low key was hoping Kai and Kei would kiss.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.

Oct 10, 2016 8:59 AM

Good start, liked it

Nov 9, 2016 9:32 PM
I'm just sitting here thinking throughout the whole episode - BUT HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!! HE IS JUST A FLIPPING KID WHO GOT HIT BY A TRUCK. HE GOT HIT BY A TRUCK! HELLO?? WHY ISN'T ANYONE THINKING ABOUT HELPING HIM?? (T^T)

Dec 3, 2016 11:59 PM

This first episode was great, with surprise, althoug the animation style don´t lke!!!

7/10.

Hello, my litte boy!

Dec 26, 2016 5:20 AM

Interesting so far.
I didn't like his mother, he made him delete his friend's address just because she thought that he was wasting his time instead of studying.

Dec 28, 2016 6:37 PM

Oh, MAL, you never disappoint me.

When an anime comes out that only has occasional semi-okay CGI, everyone hates on that.
Then, this CGI abomination appears, and the comments are all: "Eh, CGI was average".

Feb 11, 2017 9:26 AM

Dayum this shit looks fire *_* , really hope that it doesn't go downhill from here.

Mar 29, 2017 8:34 PM

Okay. We were in the middle of a storm when I decided to watch this. The electricity was out when I decided to waste half of my battery on the opening song. The opening song is really good. I kept repeating it.

This is my first time watching an anime with this kind of art style and at first I was a little hesitant but it turned out actually pretty good.

Kei was a really good friend. He didn't even hesitate when he found out that Nagai was in trouble. He knew that his friend needed help and he was there to help. No question asked.

Good start. It made me curious.
Sorry for my English.

Apr 11, 2017 1:25 PM

Was this made by the guys who made Sidonia? The 3D looks very similar.

Anyway it seems they are following the manga story faithfully.
Although his friends seemed a lot cooler here while he seemed more wimpy. Maybe it's the voice acting or maybe i have a bad memory.

Apr 11, 2017 4:50 PM

I wasn't expecting the CG, not very fan of it but I cannot say it was bad. It made me feel I was playing a videogame.
I love the opening, is very good!

That said, the first episode was very distressing. Imagine Ajin was a thing, would you be able to calmly say is ok to torture them because they are "not human"? It, ironically adds few more levels of inhumanity to the human race.
Just the thought of it made me sick.
Good approach tho.

Apr 26, 2017 8:10 PM
I'm kinda late to the party, but I'm really enjoying this so far. And I don't understand why everyone is upset about how wonky the CGI looks, I think it's pretty neat looking in my opinion. It adds to the art style in a way. This is a fantastic first episode to a series; it really pulls you in and makes you want to watch more with the suspense that's building.

May 30, 2017 3:48 AM

Watching this on Netflix. Doesn't feel any different when I'm pirating anime.

Anyway, first impressions: CGI on people I'm fine with but this style, look at the surroundings. It's like they're water-colored shit. Crappy details. Intrigued by the story though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 6, 2017 9:21 PM

Woah, GOD. I had given Ajin a try a few months ago, I gave up once I saw that the animation wasn't good at all within a few minutes and that I probably wouldn't enjoy it.
Just today, I watched the first episode... I am in awe of how *GOOD* this episode was, I like the animation! Wtf, was I crazy? Everything... And Nagai is just the perfect protagonist, he already interests me a lot. I was so lost after the ending, though I knew that the episode would be the same 20-minute length I felt that it had gone so fast. OH MY LORD. I just stared at the screen while the ending music played and only when the Netflix timer halted to go to the next episode did I stir. An amazing first episode. Of course I would cry a bit watching it! (Then again, when do I not..)
Modified by Cazqui-09, Jun 6, 2017 9:25 PM
watashi wa, bara no ~ sadame ni ~ umareta

Jun 29, 2017 4:55 PM
Nekogirl~

I think the story could be fine but the cgi is aaaaaaaawul. I could not concentrate on the anime because my brain was just thinking how not natural everything was looking. Before dropping it, I will try to watch this while playing PlayStation maybe without the graphics it works out better. Just the story pary.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 20, 2017 7:41 PM
Kept this on hold ever since this show's S2 announcement.
CGI's fine, I've seen worse. OP's good.
Kai though, what a bro.

Aug 14, 2017 10:13 PM

I am hating this art and animation style. I didn't it expect to be like that when I decided to watch it. I am seriously considering dropping it.

Sep 2, 2017 12:19 AM
This series kinda pisses me off. Humans are not so morally bankrupt, yet it tries to make it look like everyone on earth wants to use and abuse them. In the real world, or any reasonable recreation of it, there would be protest groups, sympathisers and people wouldn't immediately hate an Ajin in every form. The main character is also a little unrealistic. No human is capable of functioning normally while labelling his friends with numbers

Sep 5, 2017 9:09 AM

I like the story pretty similar as TG tbh and the Kai looks as Hide as well.

Oct 8, 2017 12:28 AM
By the people's reaction,I thought it would be like handshakers CG,but in the end the CG was decent and overall a great start to the show.

Nov 3, 2017 2:14 PM

Good thing he said the tree where they caught stag beetles.

Apr 12, 2018 1:37 AM

He killed him, but he won't die?
Headshot! +150
WTF are they fighting?
He's alive?
A boy wakes up. He has exams.
His name is Nagai.
Kai?
Ajin?
Immortal?
lol at timelymotion.
Dat flashback.
He has a imouto. Of course.
Dat flashback. Nagai's name is Kei. Kai's name is Kaito. They played together as kids. Deja vu?
lol at Eri saying throw out the flowers.
OH SHIT! KEI GOT HIT BY TRUCK-KUN!
WTF! Kei is an Ajin!
Dat scream.
lol at Kei naming his contacts "Friend"
Kei calls Kaito after not talking to him in forever.
Dat kick.
Damn. His whole face is on every screen.
OMG! Who is that woman driving the car? She is perfect.

Good start. Nice OP and ED song. Wish this was 2D, but it didn't look that bad. So the MC's name is Kei and he had a friend named Kaito. They were best friends as kids then got distant. Then Kei gets hit and killed by a form of "transportation" then is revived. Fans of Oku, huh?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Oct 26, 2018 1:56 PM
CGI Tokyo Ghoul..

jk that's a prety interesting anime

Dec 23, 2018 9:17 AM
The CGI is pretty shitty at times, but good writing/story is so rare in anime, it outweighs the art. The characters aren't all complete cliches, and they actually manage to injct some realism into the world, which are both things I wasn't expecting from this series.

Overall I'm kinda of impessed, despite the weak CGi (but possibly that's because I had petty low expectations).

Feb 1, 2019 2:23 PM

What's with the CGI.. well good start anyways I also feel a bit of Tokyo Ghoul vibe

Feb 8, 4:46 AM

Haven't seen the movies before this because I've read that they are somewhat the same as this series but this looks pretty good so far

Shit went down real quick there, Kai's reaction to the situation makes me think he knew about Kei and had some escape plan prepared
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
o̶̱͂r̶͎̎e̴͉͝ ̴̹͌w̸̝͐a̷͔̚ ̷̱̓c̷̖͌h̴͍͒i̴̖̅n̴͜͝ ̵̦̇c̴͕̈́h̴͍̍ī̸̖ņ̵́ ̵͍̓g̶͍̔a̵̧̾ ̵͖̍d̴̥͛a̴̰͑i̴̻͂s̸̳͘u̶̻͝k̴̻͋i̷̙͗ ̶͚̌n̷̦̋a̴̯̋n̵͔̔d̷̯͋a̵̅ͅý̴̞o̵̱̓

Apr 25, 12:19 PM
The CGI bother me so much, for some reason I can handle all kinds of subpar animation but something about the 3d movements just throws me off

Jun 21, 5:35 AM

Kei = Kaneki
Kai = Hide
Glasses guy = Arima
Woman(? (lol) ) besides glasses guy = Juuzou

Looking at the Opening there'll be Yoshimura (with a hat) as well.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.

Jul 11, 10:50 AM

Hm.. I don't really like CGI so there's a high chance that I'll drop this...

Aug 3, 12:50 PM

This was a solid first episode. The OP and ending were both good. I wasn’t sure about the animation but now I’m really liking it. Also Takahiro Sakurai’s character gives me Makishima vibes, lol, especially because they both have white hair. Does anyone know if this is the right place to start for the Ajin series, because there are also movies which came before this? Anyways I’ll keep watching this show.

Aug 24, 2:45 AM

Well, the animation and CGI are still unusual to me (it feels like I’m watching GTA lol) but the story is interesting and the start was done well. OP and ED is also good.
Modified by Soraaaxii, Aug 24, 3:06 AM

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

Preview MangaManga Store