Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2016 5:10 AM
Nov 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An episode about golem is always a great episode. I loved the one in the first season about his background. This episode shows again what a great character Golem is.

Funny to see him blush because he fell in love.
And finisher tho
May 8, 2022 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
The difference between Monster Rancher and other similar shows like Pokemon and Digimon is that in Monster Rancher, the monsters are seemingly more autonomous. While Genki wanted to implement strategy into his fights, the monsters don't actually listen to him outside of Mochi. They all have their own personalities and fighting styles, albeit it boils down to "wail on the enemy until they drop."

Since the beginning, the setup reminds me strongly of Digimon with Genki getting pulled into his game, but the actual world reminds me more of Pokemon with how the monsters aren't digital beings, but more akin to animals that are cared for by humans. Yet, in the case of Genki, he doesn't actually take care of any of his friends, as they more so just happen to travel together. The rest of the world functions more similar to Pokemon, with humans commanding their monsters directly. In this episode, Genki realized that strategy is worthless and it's better just to default to his original methodology: believe hard enough until he wins. In Monster Rancher, Genki can actually weaponize courage, so I guess it works out, regardless of how cheesy it is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Farm: Legend e no Michi Episode 4 Discussion

EyepatchKK - Jan 12, 2016

2 by Skydis »»
Yesterday, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Monster Farm: Legend e no Michi Episode 1 Discussion

EyepatchKK - Jan 10, 2016

2 by Skydis »»
Apr 20, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Monster Farm: Legend e no Michi Episode 25 Discussion

EyepatchKK - Jan 23, 2016

2 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 14, 2022 5:26 PM

Poll: » Monster Farm: Legend e no Michi Episode 24 Discussion

1 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 14, 2022 11:07 AM

Poll: » Monster Farm: Legend e no Michi Episode 23 Discussion

2 by GarouWolf »»
Oct 14, 2022 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.