Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2009 9:51 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems that Inuyasha has no interest in anything other than the Shikon Jewel, I guess being a Youkai is always better than a half-demon^^ At least Kagome can still return between both worlds so the adventure continues :D
Mar 14, 2010 9:57 AM
Aug 2009
This episode was way better than the first so I may contiue watching the rest. Inuyasha cares only about two things
1. Himself
2. The Jewel
Jun 27, 2010 7:42 AM

Nov 2008
I think he is starting to care about Kagome too.
Mar 17, 2012 6:58 PM

Jun 2009
KenShiRo-Sama said:
I think he is starting to care about Kagome too.

Well, it's obvious that is going to be the case eventually I don't think there was very much any indication in this episode. Except for, maybe, when he reacted to her snubbing him for not helping the child.

Speaking of the scene with the kid, I thought that was some pretty great quick thinking by Kagome when she figured out how to kill the crow. Not to mention how she generally kept her head when she was attacked by the possessed Bandit leader. I'm not going to delude myself into thinking she'll be much of a factor in combat in the future, but I still appreciate that she is a cut above other characters of her type from what I've seen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 19, 2014 9:25 AM
Mar 2013
Another very interesting episode. I have to admit, some of the later episodes of Inuyasha are incredibly boring but these initial ones are really good.

I like how Kagome didn't freak out when the bandits kidnapped her and that troll/crow was attacking her. Still, it was kind of a stretch of disbelief that she didn't panic at all, but I've seen to many anime with characters like that so I'm not complaining.

Kagome using the crows foot was smart but in hindsight it was incredibly dumb ^^ Now the jewel shard is in 1000 pieces. Looks like we got a long road ahead of us. I can imagine Inuyasha's anger though. He had the jewel in front of him and now he has to go on a cross-country adventure to find over 9000 shards xD
emeraldrosaryJun 14, 2014 1:38 AM
Jun 13, 2014 11:03 PM

May 2013
Entertaining episode, I loved this one. I really love InuYasha in the earlier episodes, he's very entertaining well he's always entertaining but he's very different in the beginning. Good episode, I'm glad I restarted again from episode 1.

Apr 9, 2015 3:55 PM

Oct 2013
insan3Inquisitor said:
Speaking of the scene with the kid, I thought that was some pretty great quick thinking by Kagome when she figured out how to kill the crow. Not to mention how she generally kept her head when she was attacked by the possessed Bandit leader. I'm not going to delude myself into thinking she'll be much of a factor in combat in the future, but I still appreciate that she is a cut above other characters of her type from what I've seen.

True stuff.

I forgot how different InuYasha is compared to the typical shounen protagonist. It is quite refreshing.

The plot begins!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 9, 2015 3:59 PM

Jan 2014
Kagome is really coool, I like her already ^___^
Apr 9, 2015 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
If I were Kagome I wouldn't stop crying tbh she is strong in her own way
Jul 19, 2015 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
Eh, that was clever to use the foot to hit her target. She not really dumb, just extremely confused as to what she's doing there. And I can understand, as I'm confused too.

InuYasha isn't really likable so far. But he show some nice moves. He's just really hard to understand. She'll have to tame him... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 25, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
"Sit!" hehehe... love it! Where can I get one of those subjugation necklaces? I know some people I wouldn't mind using it on. :P

I love Kagome so far! She's obviously got a big heart, but also pretty clever too. Also, it seems to me they might have just set up the whole plot of the show, since they probably need to search for all of those Sacred Jewel shards.

I think I might really enjoy this show! ✿ 4/5
Sep 15, 2015 5:07 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I love this anime *-*

Apr 27, 2016 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
So from now i guess the anime will be them going a quest to find all the piece of the jewel
Apr 28, 2016 9:50 PM
Apr 2016
Probably better in pieces, Naraku at that time would not only have easily bested them, but got the whole thing untimely.
Aug 1, 2016 10:10 PM

Jul 2013
Fragments of a jewel shattered? This is like watching Cardcaptor Sakura/Groove Adventure Rave all over again.
May 16, 2019 7:33 PM
Apr 2016
Well, their world is more bizarre than I thought it will be... After the vulture got away from the man, he literally transformed into a skeleton, damn. Inuyasha has no interest in anything besides the jewel, interesting personality he has. Good episode.
Aug 6, 2019 2:46 PM

Jul 2015
*Sees jewel being shattered into fragments and spread all over the place*

*Picks up bag*

"Well we all know what is going to happen next, a journey to collect all pieces!"

Gotta catch them all

Feb 1, 2020 12:24 PM
Aug 2014
This anime is super nostalgic for me. I watched it a ton back in the day, but I never finished it. So this is a rewatch, but also kind of a first watch.
May 14, 2020 11:15 PM

Oct 2012
That corpse crow was creepy when it zombified the big guy. Uh, oh jewel broke and we all see where this is going (defeating the monster of the week and collecting shards). I like how InuYasha and Kagome have quite the rocky start to their relationship.
Jun 3, 2020 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
That cursed beads XD

Inuyasha is such a Tsundere. I'm sure he'll open up later on with Kagome.

Those bandits are quick to turn to Kagome when they're leader became crazy as fuck.
Aug 20, 2020 4:53 AM

Dec 2007
the role of inuyasha didn't defined in this ep, though it seems he cares only about himself, he's acting nicely around the villagers, sure that he want the shikon jewel, but it doesn't seems to want to take it by force by kagome or make a scene, for example, he could take it at night when she was a sleep.

on the other hand, kagome acting really naive and stupid, first she's being friendly and all to inuyasha who just attacked her, and helping the men who kidnapped her, second she just threw away the jewel stupidly like she has given up. the only smart thing she did was attaching that crow foot to that arrow, though it made the jewel to break.

not that's bad and all, that's the good thing about inuyasha, the characters just making themself evolve through the cases.

now the story has begun.
Dec 24, 2020 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
“I would take you out if you didn’t already look half dead.” 💀 😂

I’m liking this story so far.
Mar 3, 2021 1:24 PM

May 2016
Another interesting episode though didn't like the idea of shattering the Jewl.
Aug 9, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
Ah right, that's how they lost the jewel... couldn't remember that part.
Oct 28, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 2018
Adorable pair.
The animation of INUYASHA running/chasing after jewel... makes me wanna run like that too.
Oct 28, 2021 10:29 AM
Apr 2018
People, she's not Kappa. XD
Apr 1, 2022 1:41 AM
Feb 2015
Inuyasha is such a tsudere! He cares about Kikyo's death but doesn't want anyone to know, he is protecting Kagome but says he is doing it for the sacred jewel. I think he is putting a tough front because people think of him only as a demon.

A very funny and ironic ep, espesially when Kagome ordered Inuyasha to sit, the way one orders a dog, with him being a half dog demon!
Jul 27, 2022 8:27 AM

Jan 2018
So Kagome is the reincarnation of Kikyo. I wish Kagome was voiced by Hidaka Noriko too but that's probably my bias. It'll take time to get used to Satsuki Yukino's voice acting cause Kagome reminds me a lot of Akane. Not saying her voice acting is bad by any means though.

Aw man. The jewel thingy had to shatter into thousands of pieces? This is going to be a long-ass journey. Hope it's going to be entertaining at least instead of repetitive and boring.

Kagome is courageous but she also made a lot of stupid mistakes. But she's in an unfamiliar environment and wants to go home asap so it's understandable. I wonder if she'll ever go home?
Apr 3, 2023 4:18 PM
May 2021
i was vv sleepy whilst watching this but it was an all round good episode, liked the reveal that the sacred jewel can be broken
Apr 3, 2023 4:19 PM
May 2021
i was vv sleepy whilst watching this but it was an all round good episode, liked the reveal that the sacred jewel can be broken
Apr 11, 5:30 AM
May 2018
Kagome you just had to shoot at it's body...
Welp looks like the main plot begins, time to look for the dozens or hundreds of pieces of the jewel, I'm sure things won't be complicated at all.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.