Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Oct 2015
Yes, example being Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches, I saw it had an ecchi tag, had little to no ecchi was disappointed and dropped it.
Jan 16, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2015
This thread needs more titties

PoeticJustice said:

You know fanservice is more than tits right?

This is very very true. Even super bloody action scenes can be considered fanservice.

I just think the vast majority likes bewbs.
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 16, 2016 1:40 PM

Sep 2015
Dimethylanime said:
THERE IS NEVER TOO LITTLE. This may seem hypocritical coming from my profile picture and forum avatar/sig, but fan service is so annoying in anime. I find that it really has no other purpose. #stopfanservice2k16

I'm kinda liking Dagashi Kashi's fanservice, to be honest. It isn't overt or in your face. Other than Hotaru having big boobs, there's not really much there. And even then, she doesn't really wear attractive clothes that flaunt her junk or anything. Nor does she have jiggly tits.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jan 16, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2014
I don't like ecchi fanservice anime, but I also don't like it if romance animes are too prude, there can be intercourse at a suitable time
Jan 16, 2016 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
aikaflip said:
Vivie said:
Fanservice/ecchi in the likes of Shokugeki no Souma is utterly unnecessary and makes it harder to watch for me.

Which fanservice? It had some from both sexes.

Pretty much all of them. It has a good story, nice arts, decent characters. Why would they feel the need to add such fanservice... I don't mind the extreme foodgasm, but showing the characters naked every freaking time with it is too much. It's kinda a turn-off for fans who are uncomfortable with ecchi. And don't get me started on the "tentacles"... Scared the hell out of me first time I saw it (wasn't aware) -(゜Д゜;)-ン!
Jan 16, 2016 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
I personally don't like fan-service so I don't care.

I could see some people getting mad if an Ecchi anime didn't have much fan-serivce though.
Jan 17, 2016 12:38 AM

May 2015
ZettaiRyouiki said:
flannan said:
All anime adaptations of Ken Akamatsu's works (Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima) have too little fanservice. What's the point of adapting a hyper-fanservicey manga if you're going to be prudish about it?

This, this, this. So much this.

Also love how this title should bring the fanservice lovers yet most of the replies are the typical hardasses acting like fanservice is evil because sex is evil. MURICA!

What does your anti-American racist sentiment has to do with fanservice?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jan 17, 2016 8:20 AM

Nov 2014
Vivie said:
aikaflip said:

Pretty much all of them. It has a good story, nice arts, decent characters. Why would they feel the need to add such fanservice... I don't mind the extreme foodgasm, but showing the characters naked every freaking time with it is too much. It's kinda a turn-off for fans who are uncomfortable with ecchi. And don't get me started on the "tentacles"... Scared the hell out of me first time I saw it (wasn't aware) -(゜Д゜;)-ン!

I sometimes forget that there are wholesome people who haven't been desensitized yet. It takes a lot to bother me nowadays.

ItsMaz said:
Dimethylanime said:
THERE IS NEVER TOO LITTLE. This may seem hypocritical coming from my profile picture and forum avatar/sig, but fan service is so annoying in anime. I find that it really has no other purpose. #stopfanservice2k16

I'm kinda liking Dagashi Kashi's fanservice, to be honest. It isn't overt or in your face. Other than Hotaru having big boobs, there's not really much there. And even then, she doesn't really wear attractive clothes that flaunt her junk or anything. Nor does she have jiggly tits.

Hotaru's "resting ahegao face" is the fanservice of that show.
Jan 17, 2016 8:41 AM

Nov 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
ZettaiRyouiki said:

This, this, this. So much this.

Also love how this title should bring the fanservice lovers yet most of the replies are the typical hardasses acting like fanservice is evil because sex is evil. MURICA!

America is well-known for being more prudish than Japan. For example, I've heard there is no official translation of Kodomo no Jikan, because the publishers didn't have the balls to publish it.
And of course, so many people complaining about fanservice here. You know, I would have understood that if they were all girls (who don't get enough fanservice targeted at them), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

badwolf45f said:
Old_Raven said:

You bet your ass it did. 30charactersbullshitturd

Im a zombie lover person i've seen all the possibly shitty movies with zombies in existence and yet couldnt stand watching 5 minutes of that.

If you want to do comedy with zombies do it, but dont mix that dumb fanservice with a supposed "serious" story it only yells "Im not confidence this story is good so i'll make this fanservice so horny weebs sticks to it and buy it"

Zombie movies are "mature". And "mature" means "sexy" right?
At least, that's what the authors seemed to be thinking.

Also, fanservice in HotD may be disturbing, may be over-the-top funny, may make for really sexy scenes (for pacing reasons), may be appropriate, but I wouldn't call it dumb.
(but everyone's breasts were too damn big. Normally, that short genius girl should be flat-chested, but the author doesn't like it, it seems)
Jan 17, 2016 8:52 AM

Jul 2015
^I have to agree about the character design. All the main cast is plain boring big eyes big boobs funky hair colors, and everybody else has a decent art style.

My problem with HotD wasn't the fanservice, it was actually pretty tame (and why would you watch HotD for anything else than boobs?) but ep 2 to 4 were hard to stomach. I'm not particularly fond of guro zombie gangbangs on poor female japanese students.
Jan 17, 2016 9:40 AM
Mar 2014
Vivie said:
aikaflip said:

But that's the point.
The very purpose of Shokugeki no Soma using the ecchi is to emphasize the foodgasms and how ridiculous and over-the-top they are. It's what makes it so much fun.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jan 17, 2016 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
Yes, especially in the ecchi genre.
Jan 17, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2015
flannan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

America is well-known for being more prudish than Japan. For example, I've heard there is no official translation of Kodomo no Jikan, because the publishers didn't have the balls to publish it.
And of course, so many people complaining about fanservice here. You know, I would have understood that if they were all girls (who don't get enough fanservice targeted at them), but it doesn't seem to be the case.

badwolf45f said:

Im a zombie lover person i've seen all the possibly shitty movies with zombies in existence and yet couldnt stand watching 5 minutes of that.

If you want to do comedy with zombies do it, but dont mix that dumb fanservice with a supposed "serious" story it only yells "Im not confidence this story is good so i'll make this fanservice so horny weebs sticks to it and buy it"

Zombie movies are "mature". And "mature" means "sexy" right?
At least, that's what the authors seemed to be thinking.

Also, fanservice in HotD may be disturbing, may be over-the-top funny, may make for really sexy scenes (for pacing reasons), may be appropriate, but I wouldn't call it dumb.
(but everyone's breasts were too damn big. Normally, that short genius girl should be flat-chested, but the author doesn't like it, it seems)

I don't see how being prudish necessarily means being American, or how it's a bad thing and so forth. Aren't you a little too old for Anti-Americanism? I thought it stopped selling records long ago.
Jan 17, 2016 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
Japan has way weirder censorship and sexuality laws than America, btw.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
RahXephon would have been better with fan service. It would have kept my attention during the boring parts.
Jan 17, 2016 1:41 PM
Sep 2014
berserk. attack on titan. if i wasnt familiar with anime, i would never notice that they were japanese anime.
Jan 17, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
Yes, for instance To Love Ru's (the first series) self-censoring fanservice wasn't as good as the sequels' level of fanservice.

Plus we have all those quasi-hentai out there that feature characters having sex but don't show genitals that would benefit from being upgraded to real hentai.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 17, 2016 3:12 PM

Jul 2015
Kruszer said:
Plus we have all those quasi-hentai out there that feature characters having sex but don't show genitals that would benefit from being upgraded to real hentai.

WUT? Are you for real? Why the fuck would you want a fat mosaicu in the middle of your screen? 720p is too much, you enjoy your chinese cartoons in 32p?

Damn, whyyyyyyyy???
Jan 17, 2016 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
I don't see how being prudish necessarily means being American, or how it's a bad thing and so forth. Aren't you a little too old for Anti-Americanism? I thought it stopped selling records long ago.

Sure, not only americans can be prudish. But they're the people most likely to force their stupid laws down everybody's throats, so everybody is on the lookout for them. Do you know that when americans took over Japan after WWII, they gave them censorship, not free speech? And as a result - they're partly to blame for the whole lolicon thing?
Jan 17, 2016 9:53 PM

Nov 2015
This is how I feel about Saki Zenkoku-Hen. Its just lacking to me. All the chemistry between characters and implied girls love goodness from the first season is absent and the mahjong isn't nearly as punchy, exciting and interesting.
Jan 17, 2016 11:28 PM

Jan 2016
I hate shoe-horned fan service with a passion. Its pointless, wastes screen time, and is an insult to my intelligence. I dont need tits in my face non stop to stay interested in a show, nor will it ever keep me interested in one.
Manyuu Hikenchou does fan service right by making the entire story and world revolve around it. and even then that show was pretty bad overall. i respect it a lot more than anything else though.
Jan 18, 2016 12:09 AM

May 2015
flannan said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Sure, not only americans can be prudish. But they're the people most likely to force their stupid laws down everybody's throats, so everybody is on the lookout for them. Do you know that when americans took over Japan after WWII, they gave them censorship, not free speech? And as a result - they're partly to blame for the whole lolicon thing?

Currently, plenty of Muslims force their Sharia thing on everyone else. In fact, all of Africa has Sharia imposed on it (Yes, it's an occupied territory).

So no, this is not unique to America.
Jan 18, 2016 12:17 AM

Jan 2016
000000000000 said:
berserk. attack on titan. if i wasnt familiar with anime, i would never notice that they were japanese anime.

brings up berserk.
that has literal sex and rape scenes.
Has a character that walks around naked like its normal.
Has a literal orgy of over 40 people at one point.
Did you even finish the anime or read the manga?
Jan 18, 2016 3:59 AM

Mar 2015
flannan said:
All anime adaptations of Ken Akamatsu's works (Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima) have too little fanservice. What's the point of adapting a hyper-fanservicey manga if you're going to be prudish about it?
it's not like it original source has many fanservice to begin with thou. but UQ Holder probably will go overblown looking how ecchi anime this days.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 18, 2016 4:10 AM

Dec 2015
Yes I wanted some more of Revy back then

Jan 18, 2016 4:10 AM

Nov 2009
Kuma said:
flannan said:
it's not like it original source has many fanservice to begin with thou. but UQ Holder probably will go overblown looking how ecchi anime this days.

UQ Holder has a lot less fanservice than Negima (where "girls get naked if the protagonist so much as sneezes") or Love Hina (hot springs episode: the manga).
Jan 18, 2016 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
flannan said:
Kuma said:

UQ Holder has a lot less fanservice than Negima (where "girls get naked if the protagonist so much as sneezes") or Love Hina (hot springs episode: the manga).

Well nowadays UQ Holder has lost a lot of its momentum .It used to be awesome but the fanservice or rather lack of plot progression is killing it .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 18, 2016 4:17 AM

Nov 2009
EvilDragon16 said:
flannan said:

Well nowadays UQ Holder has lost a lot of its momentum .It used to be awesome but the fanservice or rather lack of plot progression is killing it .

I guess I need to catch up on it. A lot.
Jan 18, 2016 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
flannan said:
EvilDragon16 said:

I guess I need to catch up on it. A lot.

It turned into a harem............
Not that I'm complaining .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jan 18, 2016 4:21 AM

Mar 2015
flannan said:
Kuma said:

i would agree that UQ holder has less fanservice (thou in lately chapter, the fanservice kinda increase), but even like that, negima and love hina has obvious fanservice like "only" every 5 chapter or more. it's more few compare to most ecchi title out there. thou quality wise, they are not lose with another ecchi title.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 18, 2016 1:47 PM

Aug 2009
It depends on the anime. IF we are talking about cleavage and underwear shots as fan service then obviously a show like To Love Ru or KissXSis can have too little.But a show like Ergo Proxy then Cleavage and underwear shots would probably be out of place. Then again cleavage and panty shots are not the only type of fan service.So the type of fan service and whether there is too little or not enough fan service depends entirely on the type of show.
Jan 18, 2016 2:08 PM
Mar 2014
Imagine Kill la Kill with no fanservice.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jan 18, 2016 11:32 PM

May 2015
omfgplzstop said:
Imagine Kill la Kill with no fanservice.

It as a lot less fanservice than I expected.
Jan 18, 2016 11:39 PM

Apr 2013
Add Mayo Chik! to my list, watched 9 episodes and there was definitely not enough fanservice so far.
Jan 23, 2016 9:11 PM

Mar 2015
The less fanservice there is the better
Jan 24, 2016 12:35 AM

Apr 2015
It depends on what the anime sets out to achieve and it's audience.

If it's an ecchi anime that intends to make you erect, too little fanservice is obviously not going to cut it.

If it is a more serious (and perhaps dark) anime though, even the least bit of fanservice could feel out of place.
Jan 24, 2016 1:54 AM

Nov 2014
Gator said:
Add Mayo Chik! to my list, watched 9 episodes and there was definitely not enough fanservice so far.

A harem with inadequate fanservice is pointless.

Is the MC the "allergic to love" type, too?
Jan 24, 2016 2:48 AM

Apr 2013
aikaflip said:
Gator said:

Worse, he's even allergic to girls in general xD
Though that's kind of the point of the show.
Jan 24, 2016 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
Old_Raven said:
Nope. The less fanservice, the better.
This. I watch anime for the story and good characters, not to see panty shots and girls with fucking watermelon sized tits.
Jan 24, 2016 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
sadly a lot of no echhi anime have a lot of fanservice
Jan 24, 2016 2:53 AM

Sep 2009
No. I've watched plenty of anime that have absolutely no fanservice, and they're incredibly refreshing; fanservice has a tendency to be contrived, and often detracts from the actual show.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 24, 2016 3:41 AM
Sep 2015
I can't focus watching if an anime have too much fanservice. That's why i gave DxD a 5/10
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Jan 24, 2016 3:59 AM
Dec 2015
Ive never watched doraemon and said: "this needs more fanservice"

Apr 2014
Programmer69 said:
I can't focus watching if an anime have too much fanservice. That's why i gave DxD a 5/10
than you should rewatch the show and rate it higher since the show is godlike.

Nov 2015
Talim said:
Old_Raven said:
Nope. The less fanservice, the better.
This. I watch anime for the story and good characters, not to see panty shots and girls with fucking watermelon sized tits.
Fan Service includes more than just T and A tho. As an example I gave earlier, take Saki Zenkoku-Hen. Fanservice in this show would entail the subtext lesbians and the fx-heavy mahjong. Saki Zenkoku-Hen. Because both of these were lacking and this newer season of Saki had less fanservice than its prior season, I felt the show was worse as a result.

You're definitely right about the T and A tho. There's only so much boobs and ass I can see before I become immune to its titilations.
RyothaticJan 24, 2016 4:13 AM
Jan 24, 2016 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
I really don't care that much about fanservice. It's literally everywhere, whethere we're talking about sexual fanservice, or romance or whatever.
Jan 24, 2016 5:31 AM

Nov 2014
Gator said:
aikaflip said:

Worse, he's even allergic to girls in general xD
Though that's kind of the point of the show.

Oh god. I'll skip that one then. I don't want to waste another 4 hours watching a show where the guy is freaking out around everyone. #2beta4me

tragedydesu said:
sadly a lot of no echhi anime have a lot of fanservice

Which ones? I can only recall a few. The Monogatari Series, K: Return of Kings, and Cross Ange should probably be tagged as ecchi.

Programmer69 said:

High School DxD is an ecchi anime, so fanservice is to be expected. Personally, I didn't really like that show. With or without fanservice, it didn't work for me. Maybe the sequels are better. I don't know.
Jan 25, 2016 3:43 AM

May 2014
Well that depends, are you a thristy motherfucker? Then obviously yes.
Are you more interested in an actual plot and not getting your dick hard? Then no.
Argument concluded, back to masturbating people.
There’s no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable, the accidental
and the things we do.
Jan 25, 2016 4:14 AM

Feb 2015
Too much fanservice = Shinmai maou no testament. but it's a good one and nesecarry XD. i mean, what's the problem with that. if the anime is ecchi and harem, then it will have many fanservice. if you don't like anime that have many fanservice then don't watch it.
YizelTroJan 25, 2016 4:19 AM
Jan 25, 2016 4:16 AM

Nov 2009
El_Psy said:
Well that depends, are you a thristy motherfucker? Then obviously yes.
Are you more interested in an actual plot and not getting your dick hard? Then no.
Argument concluded, back to masturbating people.

Well, that depends, do you relate to characters as people? Then obviously yes.
Do you see them only as sockpuppets used to tell a story? Then no.
Argument concluded.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 16 minutes ago

3 by M_MASTER »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 9 hours ago

14 by LNW_R92CP »»
8 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

39 by ryzxgum »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

161 by Otakupervert890 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 10 hours ago

38 by InsomniacBastard »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.