New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 26, 2016 11:20 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theres usually too little, and never too much
Jan 26, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2009
If an anime has an interesting enough premise with good characters then there isn't a need for fanservice to catch the interest of the viewer.
Jan 27, 2016 12:03 AM
Jan 2015
I don't really have a problem with fan service at all, because I'm mature about it and can handle it. Being a 20 year old male, who doesn't mind seeing tits and ass probably plays a part in it as well.
My Queens

Jan 27, 2016 12:04 AM

May 2014
If it's supposedly a "romance" but the most they do is hold fucking hands, then yes.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Jan 29, 2016 7:27 AM

Nov 2014
El_Psy said:
Well that depends, are you a thristy motherfucker? Then obviously yes.
Are you more interested in an actual plot and not getting your dick hard? Then no.
Argument concluded, back to masturbating people.

Thirsty mother fuckers aren't the only ones who enjoy fanservice. There are non-thirsty people who also like ecchi. The really absurd ones like Prison School can be fun to watch. I also enjoyed Haibane Renmei, which has an "actual plot."

TheFilthyCasual said:
If it's supposedly a "romance" but the most they do is hold fucking hands, then yes.

Kimi ni Todoke, basically.
Feb 23, 2016 8:38 PM

Aug 2009
It depends on what kind of story they're trying to tell, but for the most part I can do without some fanservice. I expect a comedy series to have at least some fanservice unless they're going for a dark/satirical comedy thing. Also at the same time it kinda depends on what you mean by "fanservice" like I love my ridiculously complex "fanservicy" mecha fights with unnecessary amounts of lazer beams, missiles and explosions.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah, I have seen anime series that are a little boring and could use a little fan service!
Mar 3, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
Why people dislike fanservice that much? I mean, everything in excess is bad but, what's the problem with some panty shots?
Mar 3, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
is anime that is not intended for little kids capable of having no fan service?
Mar 3, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
Omfg YES! There r so many that have an ecchi tag but has very little fanservice and usually feature a rly boring story, like Asterisk.
I even question why it has an ecch tag in the first place..
Mar 3, 2016 3:41 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't know an anime was REQUIRED to have fan-service; whether the amount be too much or little. Some anime have none at all and are great; so fan-service isn't a necessity.
Mar 3, 2016 4:03 PM
Aug 2015
Can an anime have too little fanservice?

"uses gangsta voice" hellz naw!
Mar 3, 2016 6:40 PM
Oct 2014
Since I'm a big ecchi fan, my answer is ABSOLUTELY!

In shows where the ecchi isn't the point, I'm perfectly happy with no fanservice. But there are shows that are unashamedly just a string of boobie jokes, yet for some reason the boobs are always covered in hair or scraps of cloth or objects in the foreground. What's the point of that?

(I'm talking about you, Amaenaide yo!)
Mar 3, 2016 6:47 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
lol i can't believe most the people commenting here

OF COURSE IT CAN

the more tits and ass the better, don't fucking lie

its extremely annoying when a girls panties should be showing, and they aren't
Mar 3, 2016 6:51 PM

Sep 2015
I dont remember watching show with too little fan service but I have watched show with too much of it. So my conclusion is "No"
Mar 3, 2016 10:23 PM

Nov 2009
scruf4ls said:
is anime that is not intended for little kids capable of having no fan service?

Yes, there is no rule that mandates fanservice.
I have never finished NHK ni Youkoso, but it didn't have fanservice as far as I can remember.
A number of cute girls doing cute things shows didn't have fanservice either.
For an anime made of sex jokes, Seitokai Yakuindomo unexpectedly lacked in visual fanservice.
Mar 3, 2016 10:31 PM
Sep 2015
Yeah, too little fan service you say? Then must speak out the name of Attack on Titan and Maid Sama...
Mar 3, 2016 10:33 PM
Sep 2015
metsujin said:
I really don't care that much about fanservice. It's literally everywhere, whethere we're talking about sexual fanservice, or romance or whatever.

I hate ecchi animes actually, would prefer romance over harem or ecchi anime...
Mar 3, 2016 10:40 PM

Jan 2015
Hard to say. I would say yes, because some anime are based on fan server, although I find many anime are perfectly fine without it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Would your husbando wash your dirty feet?

Catalano - Yesterday

4 by Maou_heika »»
2 minutes ago

» Is "Magnetic Rose" considered a masterpiece?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

1 by alshu »»
3 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 7 minutes ago

1 by Spunkert »»
3 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

33 by EastIndiaCompany »»
6 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

52 by alshu »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.