Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2016 9:15 AM

May 2010
This show has such good atmosphere that I can forgive some of the cringeworthy lines. The backgrounds are beautiful and the OP/ED remind me of Aria (maybe the director was inspired by Aria? Or maybe some of the staff is the same?) Nevertheless, I feel like this will be a refreshing reverse harem. Already loving Koharu (finally innocent heroine done right) and Nanmi (she slays) Among the guys, Ron (Jolly v2), Akito (his dynamic with Nanmi is great), Kakeru (he's definitely two-faced, or has a hidden side), and Tooya (he's so serious and diligent, like with his "I don't like sweets" No one else bothering saying anything yet was like "so m8 you know I hate sweets, feel my pain..") seem interesting.

This episode was 8/10, mostly due to the atmosphere and the soundtrack (also, the fact that girls are already showing some personality, good ones, too) This should have been a slice of life, its so good. I feel like sci fi might be a hit or miss? I mean a boy from 2016 in 1919... come on, the technology is better than ours (Well, I'm willing to neglect this as it is set in a fantasy world) Let's just hope its good, the VN has good ratings so yeah, I'm looking forward to what they deliver nexy episode. I wish it was 2-cour tho, would definitely been great. It's still not too late, maybe it will get a split cour *fingers crossed*
TragicRomanceJan 15, 2016 9:24 AM
Jan 15, 2016 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
Time for the title nutshell!

>The Melancholy of Peach Trees Suzumiya
>Braves of the Otome Flowers/Everything Becomes Otome: The Perfect Otome/Otome Wars: The Otome Awakens
>Neon Genesis Nanamivangelion
>Avatar: The Last Koharubender
>Steins;Koharu
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2015
It was a decent episode. I'm glad we got to see Koharu's ability and I loved it! Now I want to see the others abilities........

It was kinda annoying how Koharu only cared about a god damn peach tree...........
The guys that attacked the ship, sure ran away fast after Koharu used her ability which was strange....

But other than that I liked this episode, forever ship Koharu x Kakeru <3
Jan 15, 2016 12:10 PM

Jan 2015
i cri
This anime is so good.
Jan 15, 2016 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm that was a pretty good episode! Seems like it's getting better. So pretty clear who the canon pairs are going to be, and there's definitely something happening in the "past" with Mikoto and Sakuya and Akito and the white-haired girl. We get to see two other powers too - mind reading (it seems) and magical barriers! Interesting, I wonder who was behind the attacks? Then the part at the end where the boy from 2016 shows up is interesting too ... I mean they're back in 1919?! O_O Wow ... this show is getting better! I still don't like Koharu that much but her ability's clearly very strong. Just her personality ... sigh >_<
Jan 15, 2016 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
Durarara said:
I kept laughing while watching this, mostly because I found it really cringe worthy.

Couldn't agree more. I laughed at so many of the scenes during the first two episodes because they were all so ridiculous and improbable. This is going to be another train-wreck just like the rest of the anime based on otome games.
Jan 15, 2016 3:36 PM

Mar 2014
Tokoya said:
If there really is a traitor in the group I kinda think that its gonna be Kakeru

My thoughts exactly, even though I'm still not quite sure about it.
Jan 15, 2016 3:56 PM

Jun 2013
bitch are you serious worrying about some stupid tree and what the fuck are those little chickens!!
Jan 15, 2016 5:01 PM

Dec 2015
I hope it actually gets interesting~

I'm glad that the MC is now here~ well, I THINK he's the MC. I feel like he is :D

Tbh, I don't really like Koharu. Wayyyyy too innocent and happy and stuff. I honestly like Mikoto and the whiteish-purpleish haired girls best. The tsundere and the mysterious one~ >w<

But yeah :D I hope this becomes interesting.

"Because nothing makes one happier than being with the one you love."
~ Isla, Plastic Memories

Click my signature for my list ^^
Jan 15, 2016 5:36 PM
Feb 2008
Mascera said:
ShiningNinja said:

Trivia: In the VN, Mikoto doesnt recognize that it's a gun (It doesn't exist in their timeline)- but she has the insight to still put up a barrier when it was pointed at her. She called it a "strange weapon" and Sorata was the one that told her what it was really called.

Slight VN changes, but IMO it really helps the flow of the story along.

Some tidbits: To get the Natsuhiko route, Mikoto chooses not to pair up with anyone and goes solo in her investigation. The anime pairs her up with Sakuya (for the sake of his route) and adds in the anime-original part where she severely friendzones him lmao (Still fits her tsun, so it works out)

They also incorporated some background info from the recent Norn9 Last Era Fandisk like Akito's dislike of the Hiyokos, which is fun to see

I really like this adaptation so far :3
Sounds complicated. I never play the VN, so I know nothing about this Anime at all. Now that you mention about "Akito's dislikes of Hiyokos" which like the scene in the OP, does it mean that Mikoto will have "relationship" with the "Weaopn" guy just like the OP scene?

The OP strongly suggests that Mikoto will end up with the weapon guy, yes. It's going to be interesting how it plays out, because their route is one that takes place mostly off-screen the ship and away from the other characters. However, the PVs show that Mikoto seems to stay on the ship longer with the others, so It'll be interesting how it gets adapted
Jan 15, 2016 10:30 PM

Feb 2010
The Hiyokos are still the best thing to have turned into anime tho they're so cute omg

Anyways eps 2 wasnt too bad tho, there were some perks that i cringed at and it's really amusing to read everyone else thoughts about the traitor :P

still very curious to see how the anime will go since anime-wise i feel like its still all over the place :s
Jan 15, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2015
ShiningNinja said:
Mascera said:
Sounds complicated. I never play the VN, so I know nothing about this Anime at all. Now that you mention about "Akito's dislikes of Hiyokos" which like the scene in the OP, does it mean that Mikoto will have "relationship" with the "Weaopn" guy just like the OP scene?

The OP strongly suggests that Mikoto will end up with the weapon guy, yes. It's going to be interesting how it plays out, because their route is one that takes place mostly off-screen the ship and away from the other characters. However, the PVs show that Mikoto seems to stay on the ship longer with the others, so It'll be interesting how it gets adapted

Okay, so I guess it's just "wait and see" moment for the right episode. Whether Mikoto be together forever and ever with the "weapon" guy or just together for a moment and then the "weapon" guy suddenly disappear just like the OP scene. Damn, I wonder why I always had extra attention for this "cold" lady type
MasceraJan 15, 2016 11:05 PM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 16, 2016 4:57 AM

Jun 2014
If they made Kakeru the traitor, I would flip my shit. Does he not have a true good ending or something? xD
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 16, 2016 7:18 AM

Sep 2007
Hmm...This episode was definitely better than episode 1.

The only moment that I caught that they sort of "messed up" was the fact that Mikoto knew the 'attacker' was using a "gun"...though it's a little odd she was researching it with Sakuya later....but I guess it's minor thing most might not catch/seem weird...

Ahh I like the "angles" (referring to the pairs) that they used for Mikoto & Nanami here, but deep down so so so wished Koharu wasn't paired with Kakeru...but that was pretty much decided in ep 1 already....
Well....can't get all my wishes I guess ;-;

Yay for random Sorata appearing at the end! =D Though it was very random....but surprisingly probably less random than the game, strangely enough.
I hope
IkanoJan 16, 2016 7:23 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 16, 2016 8:30 AM

Aug 2014
The Peach Trees are probably like the town in Clannad. I guess it must be something magical. :P

But so far, this is my favorite anime of Winter 2016. Cant wait to see where this world building is taking us. Dont really care about the romance or shipping though since the chicks are really bland.
Jan 16, 2016 1:13 PM

Aug 2010
Gotta admit the Koharu wondering about taking a bath with Kakeru part was cute
Jan 16, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, the main girl and the Kaji character are so annoying :/ I hope they'd focus more on the 2 other girls and guys they seem way more interesting.
Also I'm tired of hearing about these peaches.... -_-
Except that I still haven't remembered most of the characters name and still don't have a clue what is happening, hope it starts making sense soon...
Jan 16, 2016 8:06 PM

Feb 2013
Fire beats lasers.

This anime has a certain beauty to it's atmosphere.
Jan 17, 2016 7:58 AM
Jun 2014
It really annoyed me that the main girl for some reason thinks "Better go make sure the peach tree is safe" when there are explosions going off.
Jan 17, 2016 8:16 AM

May 2012
Episode 2 is better than 1st one because has some action, but it still horrible.
Jan 17, 2016 8:50 AM
Mar 2010
Much better than episode 1. Thank goodness.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jan 17, 2016 9:20 AM
Mar 2012
Hm. Not sure about this.
The main girl is unbearably stupid. I guess it was to be expected. There's some other characters who seem interesting though.
I guess I'll give it another chance before dropping it.
Jan 17, 2016 7:20 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, I don't know about this anime right now. . . .

The characters give you no real reason to care for hem,
They all truly feel like onedimensional harem characters, stuck in a ship for reasons that are still comepletely unknown- they just claim they have to protect this ship and we have no idea why. What is The World? Why does it send the kids to protect this ship? What is the criteria to be chosen toprotect this ship? Why are we protectingthe ship?

Isthis a Bokurano like deal where the ship represents Earth or maybe the time of the UNNNNNNNNIIIVVVVEERRRRRSSSEE?

Well the boy finally showing up at the end being genuinely confused and seeming not as wiling to just settle in as the girl was seems to show promise that thes qustions will be forced to begin being answered, so I'll stick around.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 18, 2016 7:30 AM

Jun 2010
There's something sketchy about Mr. Blondie... He is way too perfect. I cannot.
Jan 18, 2016 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
Hey! I know the show isnt even over but in your opinion do you guys think this is going to be one of those reverse harems where the girls dont end up with any of the guys in end?

Just wanted to hear your outlook/predictions! I can't help but need some sort of romantic closure when I watch shows. Thanks!
Jan 18, 2016 7:01 PM

Sep 2015
^ no. I think it will end with OTPs at the end. Whether or not the couple(s) will end up with happy ending is another matter...

Also, I've just noticed this.. but aren't the cast essentially looking for Koharu because she 'helped' blowing the wall from the inside. They're concluding that the 'traitor' was the one who destroyed the wall from the inside but actually Koharu was the one who did it in the process of deflecting the beam.

People are complaining about Koharu being stupid worrying about peach tree of all things. Well, this is the case of me reading too much between the lines but I understand why she acted the way she did. I'm such a sucker for angst, lol.
Jan 18, 2016 8:52 PM
Feb 2008
Ioryogi-kun said:
^ no. I think it will end with OTPs at the end. Whether or not the couple(s) will end up with happy ending is another matter...

Also, I've just noticed this.. but aren't the cast essentially looking for Koharu because she 'helped' blowing the wall from the inside. They're concluding that the 'traitor' was the one who destroyed the wall from the inside but actually Koharu was the one who did it in the process of deflecting the beam.

People are complaining about Koharu being stupid worrying about peach tree of all things. Well, this is the case of me reading too much between the lines but I understand why she acted the way she did. I'm such a sucker for angst, lol.

Nope. The traitor made a hole first, then Koharu made the hole bigger (it's kinda hard to tell when the ship has stylistic 'openings' that look like holes lol).

Kinda misogynistic of Kakeru to suggest pairing up a Guy/Girl so the girl can be protected, when Mikoto and Koharu are the strongest Offense/Defense of the ship, but eh, for the sake of the shippings. With that said, Koharu ran out to check on the peach tree cuz even though she's been epic sheltered and essentially a hermit her whole life, she knows that she's powerful and not in any real danger and can protect herself /o/
Jan 18, 2016 9:48 PM

Sep 2015
ShiningNinja said:

Kinda misogynistic of Kakeru to suggest pairing up a Guy/Girl so the girl can be protected, when Mikoto and Koharu are the strongest Offense/Defense of the ship, but eh, for the sake of the shippings. With that said, Koharu ran out to check on the peach tree cuz even though she's been epic sheltered and essentially a hermit her whole life, she knows that she's powerful and not in any real danger and can protect herself /o/

Lol I was really amused when Kakeru suggested the pairing, like you said, the three girls are on a different level of badassery than the guys. Then when I think it's probably Kakeru's ploy to get closer to Koharu the whole thing became all the more amusing XD

Lol, I wouldn't be able to come up with this reasoning in my first watch. I did thought she was kinda dumb when she went there, at first. Then again, this might also be from me reading too much into things.
Jan 19, 2016 7:45 AM

Oct 2008
Ioryogi-kun said:

In my opinion they're kind of making a bad portrait of Koharu in the anime. She was always the purest sounding and looking heroine of the bunch, but in the anime's case she basically seems like a bland saint. The peach tree isn't even that relevant in the game (except when Senri, Masamune, her and Kakeru fall in the water. Correct me if I'm mistaken, played this in japanese some years ago)

If the directors decided spending more time explaing why she lacks common sense and her innocence with something that isn't peach trees then people wouldn't have such negative opinions. There was a bunch of flashbacks here and there, but they're so minimal compared with her concern about the damn tree and already being all over Kakeru (when she just met him). She really seem bland for those who never played it.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Jan 19, 2016 8:57 AM

May 2009
Wow it's 1919 and such technology exists? Future traveling boy from 2016? Woaaah what's going on?!

Anyway the episode was fine. I was kind of suprised such a "lame" ship could actually do so much damage to the mother ship. I was expecting a tougher defense gheh.
I don't really like Koharu. I can see how this is an otome game based on her. I felt the same way watching Amnesia. I hope her character will become more secure about herself.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 19, 2016 9:08 PM
Feb 2008
Ioryogi-kun said:

Lol I was really amused when Kakeru suggested the pairing, like you said, the three girls are on a different level of badassery than the guys. Then when I think it's probably Kakeru's ploy to get closer to Koharu the whole thing became all the more amusing XD

Lol, I wouldn't be able to come up with this reasoning in my first watch. I did thought she was kinda dumb when she went there, at first. Then again, this might also be from me reading too much into things.

Very good analysis! you pretty much got all of it :)

and yeah, too much focus on the peach trees. Give us more of the story!
Jan 22, 2016 3:14 AM
Mar 2012
chicken little
Some funny moments. Nice complex backstory/relationship hints. Kakeru too busybody to like, kind of suspicious.
If focus on finding the insider, could be cool like rokka no yuusha.
boy who lept thru time...1919? WW1 just ended?
gophercgJan 22, 2016 3:19 AM
Feb 1, 2016 10:49 PM

Dec 2012
The pair are formed and a new character appeared.
I love the design and the mysteries of this anime. Their power are impressive. Koharu's power seems to be a reflector.
Feb 4, 2016 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
OnoD's character is kind of a dick. But hopefully he turn out better later.

This is a really slow show but I'm still intrigued to see more. Fantastic art direction, music and scenery.
Feb 8, 2016 9:01 AM

Feb 2014
Why is there always a small annoying animal >.<
Sep 22, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
I yawned = O =

Only the last part is interesting.

2/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

163 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Best Couple

Uchiha_Risma - Jul 14, 2021

0 by Uchiha_Risma »»
Jul 14, 2021 9:39 PM

» So Romance, what about the romance here?

samsann - Dec 24, 2018

1 by Sakurashoujo »»
Dec 27, 2018 4:32 PM

» Norn9: Norn + Nonet

iMaUtIsTiC - Jan 28, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Jan 28, 2018 2:16 AM

Poll: » Norn9: Norn+Nonet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

69 by aboghost_ghosst »»
Dec 2, 2017 1:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.