Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2016 5:05 PM
Dec 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well we finally get more focus on the headphone girl..

Probably the most mysterious character in this series so far besides Kirby
Her power with sonic scream was pretty obvious though as evidenced in the OP song.

I thought second half was really weird with the fan service stuff. That Phantom though....was not expecting that.

I would honestly love to see more development on Minase, she seems pretty interesting after watching this episode.
Jan 13, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
Nice episosode with lot of fanservice

That finger scene was... amazing xD 10/10 would watch again
It was supposed to be a demon, not a dog haha
Mai is so sexy, damn :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 13, 2016 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
Well it wasn't any better or worst than the first episode so not really expecting anything else.

Watched Free for Gou watching Phantom for Mal and the animation :P sad her hi ougi got cut short
Jan 13, 2016 5:34 PM

Aug 2012
The episode was so-so. I kinda don't like how everyone is ridiculing Haruhiko Ichijou for no apparent/valid reason. The way they mock him is getting annoying and will probably continue to happen, unfortunately. Hope he doesn't become just a simple comic relief character. His "useless" trivia is actually more interesting than any of the characters so far and they shouldn't interrupt him when he's talking.

The fanservice is too forced and unnecessary... I guess they need to feel the gaps somehow and please one part of the viewers.

Also - got my hopes up for a second there, but that summon was a huge disappointment. He must draw the phantom properly in order to seal it but when he wants to summon one it doesn't come out the way he drew it? What, why?

"Nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted."
-Vladimir Bartol, Alamut
Jan 13, 2016 5:39 PM
Jul 2018
Another day, another fanservice aah..
Jan 13, 2016 5:46 PM

May 2014
Drumrug said:
paraze said:
The animation isn't awesome. Learn to make the difference between "animation" and pretty colors, fluidity, or special effects.

Guess I'll bite.
I doubt anyone can be this oblivious as to what animation means on a site about animation but this is MAL.
https://sakuga.yshi.org/post?tags=myriad_colors_phantom_world
This should kinda show that this show has great animation.

Sure Phantom World has some good looking moments an nice animation, especially in the first episode. But I wouldn't call it awesome, or if this show really has great animation in some scenes, there definitely aren't much of them in the second episode (the one I was talking about).

Drumrug said:
As for the still shots, well, that's just stupid. More shots =/= better animation. It's directors choice and has little to do with animation, they could've had 10 different shots from crazy angles like in Monogatari and that still wouldn't make "animation" any better.

Unless you're Hideaki Anno, or at least pretty good, this kind of shot shouldn't appear much in this kind of series, especially without a purpose. Ultimately, not a single shot shouldn't have be thoroughly thought and have a meaning, but hey. I wasn't exactly talking about animation there btw, even though it's really poor animation wise... and why. Sure it's directors' choices... but why? Did he think putting a long boring shot where nothing happens for no reason was a good idea? Why did he decided to put such a bland background during yet another still shot (two actually) with such a basic directing (wow great camera angle so imaginative, and the awesomeness of characters' expressions / body language talk for themself... wait)? Do you imagine him saying to the staff "Nothing! Nothing must move in the classroom! I want nothing moving! It's the best I can do for telling my story, immersing the viewers, symbolizing characters emotions and development, and of course making the scene good-looking cause we're notably famous for that after all".

Drumrug said:
Oh and forgot to mention and this is kind of a general thing but people should stop putting KyoAni on some pedestal for being most pure anime studio. Free pandered to gay boys audience, Hibike pandered to gay girls audience, Amagi had brilliant ass cheeks, FMP had a beach episode and K-On while more innocent compared to others still pandered to moe SoL demographic.

I'm pretty sure FMP aired +10 years ago and didn't have the famous "KyoAni feeling" yet. I didn't watch Amagi but I probably won't disagree with you in the future. Can't pronounce myself of Free! right now. And come on, I already responded to the "Hibike had yuri-bait", please answer to that if you want to mention it. Keion definitely was moe pandering stuff in the first season, but the second season really changed lots of things. I don't have the courage to find the multiples quote where Naoko Yamada and other members of the staff stated that K-On!! was aimed at a much larger demographic than only otaku (plus the first season didn't have a large amount of "moe moe kyun" moments... they even totally disappeared in the second one, and Sawa-chan's passion for otaku-directed-cute was less intrusive). It's not surprising if lots of japanese young woman love Keion cause this show reminded them of their youth, since despite the moe, characters interactions feel natural and even realistic to some point.

And now we have Phantom World.
parazeJan 13, 2016 5:51 PM
Jan 13, 2016 6:07 PM
Jan 2016
The small flying girl character friggin irritating. The voice girl has to say the chant everytime she wanna use her power, which is quite retarded. lol. But the rest of the episode is good :)
Jan 13, 2016 6:16 PM

Oct 2012
Well that was....not very good. I expected more after the first episode...Whole bunch of fan service moments which is fine in moderation or if it was little more subtle at least sometimes then it would be okay. Then there was cliche after cliche after cliche which is fine if it's at least interesting but this really wasn't...the characters really need to be something a little more...idk for the second episode it feels like it took a few steps back from the first one. Also the little teal haired fairy thing is so goddamn annoying, I don't even. I'd take Navi from Zelda floating around my head saying "HEY" LISTEN" any day of the week over giving her more screen time..
5/7

Pretty much my reaction by the end of the episode
NerorexJan 13, 2016 6:19 PM
Jan 13, 2016 6:40 PM

Jan 2014
Dat finger licking man...Ty KyoAni...
Jan 13, 2016 6:58 PM

Apr 2011
Please stop throwing Haruhiko out the window.
Jan 13, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
Smudy said:
This show has nothing going for it besides the fanservice (which i don't like anymore, but i'm sure others will) and the animation (which isn't that important).

Really disappointing.
Signed. Really wish the industry would grove out of this shit. But it [i[is[/i] probably what makes them a big chunk of their money while getting away with less work.
Jan 13, 2016 7:31 PM

Sep 2015
Episode 2! Still loving the art and animation (Guess you could call it finger licking good) and looking forward to episode 3. In my opinion, there wasn't as much fanservice as last episode which is a good thing from my view, but its still there which I don't mind too much about. However, I found Minase Koito's parole kind of annoying...Hoping the next episode either gives more background or something more eye-catching!
Jan 13, 2016 7:32 PM

Nov 2008
paraze said:
Chiibi said:

Lawl who cares?

Me, and lots of other anime fans. This kind of details can make a world feel alive, and create a deep sense of immersion.

I feel immersed in Phantom's world when I watch it....so we'll just have to disagree. Things don't have to be moving at EVERY moment, especially when you're trying to follow what the characters are explaining to you.

However, I found Minase Koito's parole kind of annoying...

I did too. She's so negative....like really, what is your problem, bitch? lol

Jan 13, 2016 7:50 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This anime is and would be full of light fanservices I see, oh well

I hope Minase would at least shorten her Parole chant....it would be quite annoying if she had to say those words every time she attacks

I still don't understand why they still had to rely on Haruhiko on sealing that Phantom on the factory, Reina was activating her abilty but.....no effect? or just to stop that Phantom's movement?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 13, 2016 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
Chiibi said:
paraze said:

Me, and lots of other anime fans. This kind of details can make a world feel alive, and create a deep sense of immersion.

I feel immersed in Phantom's world when I watch it....so we'll just have to disagree. Things don't have to be moving at EVERY moment, especially when you're trying to follow what the characters are explaining to you.

However, I found Minase Koito's parole kind of annoying...

I did too. She's so negative....like really, what is your problem, bitch? lol

She's the typical aloof loner who has a special power/top grades/checkered past. Who, of course, opens up to the MC no matter how bland he is while hinting telltale signs of attraction. At least they didn't play this with the MC jumping in and taking a blow followed by some crappy speech about how she doesn't have to do it by herself, followed by of course his groupies explaining what a wonderful guy he is. But then again I haven't even watched the entire 2nd episode yet, it's that uninspiring.
Jan 13, 2016 8:14 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Hmm, I'll definitely keep watching. It picked up a little more in this episode.

Blancchet said:
Marchosias demands ur souls (and cuddles)

Lmao
-renn-Jan 13, 2016 8:18 PM
Jan 13, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2013
Inugirlz said:
Is dissing the MC supposed to be a running gag or something. He's the most useful one there.

Knowledge is power. The only character I like (besides Rurutiaruru something blah blah)

People have been doing it so often, I think they think it's normal. I haven't watched many male-targeted shows with male mc's that don't get hated on.

My favorite scene was the scene where everyone leaves his house including the fairy and they just cut to silence with the serious face as he's home alone clacking away at his keyboard.

His personality makes a lot more sense now. No family or external interaction so he's trying really hard. He doesn't want to be useless to Mai because he doesn't want to be alone anymore.

He's currently my favorite. 2nd would be Reina, because while she's clueless she brings the positivity. Third would be the fairy. I'd be lying if I didn't say those antics didn't get me to smirk. Fourth would be Mai, and third's this new chick. Her chant's really annoying, and getting that voice actor to yell like that was a bad idea.

QWERTYFish25 said:
Smudy said:
This show has nothing going for it besides the fanservice (which i don't like anymore, but i'm sure others will) and the animation (which isn't that important).

Really disappointing.
Signed. Really wish the industry would grove out of this shit. But it [i[is[/i] probably what makes them a big chunk of their money while getting away with less work.

What kind of uppity ass talk is that!?

Can animators not have fun anymore? Why are we talking about money when it comes to KyoAni anyway? They make money no matter what they do so they only pick projects THEY'RE interested in.

In fact, they're so dedicated to their hometown that a lot of the works they make either take place there, or are made by writers who live there. If that doesn't mean they give no fucks I don't know what else does.

I hate when people say hypocritical shit like, "grow out of this shit." I bet someone's said that to you about watching anime, but you're still doing it. Probably because it's fun.
TitanAnteusJan 13, 2016 8:24 PM
Jan 13, 2016 8:40 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Is Reina's VA the same as Onodera's? The y sound alike.

1st half was good, Koito's chant is too long imo. Nice triple combo, Koito uses her sound attack, Mai with her groping her breast attack and Reina finishes the job with her vacuum attack.

The 2nd half felt meh. The 3 could not stop the ufo, it took a small dog to capture it.

Anyway, Mai sure had some funny moments. Like when she goes up to Ichijou and hits him for going all professor on them.

Jan 13, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
I did state that's what sells and/or what they like. Not my cup of tea. I didn't say I was gonna write them an open letter explaining my distaste. Much like how they like the work they put in for whatever ends I'm not particularly a fan of this so far. My "wish" is just wishful thinking.
Jan 13, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2008
SweetKotomi said:

Heh, no. Onodoodoo is Kana Hanazawa. Reina is Saori Hayami. (Shinoa and Shirayuki)

I haven't watched many male-targeted shows with male mc's that don't get hated on.

Well um....there's....
......um......
.......UM........
.....haha this is kind of disturbing.....

Kirito and Tatsuya? But then the FANS hate them.......so......can't win.
ChiibiJan 13, 2016 8:49 PM

Jan 13, 2016 8:49 PM

Jul 2015
I wished Koito's chant was a bit shorter..
Ohh that was definitely finger licking good <3
Ruru's name though lol

Jan 13, 2016 8:56 PM

Jan 2016
This show is extremely interesting in the way it presents itself. The fan service is weird. It isn't in your face. In stead it is very subtle, for instance when all the girls do yoga/stretching exercises. I also love how different every phantom encounter is. Some are intense, others are laid back, some are just plain weird. Looking forward to the next episode!
“Don't think about what you need to do. Just follow your desires.” - Aoi Ryuuhei (Baby Steps)
Jan 13, 2016 8:57 PM

Jan 2011
Chiibi said:
SweetKotomi said:

Heh, no. Onodoodoo is Kana Hanazawa. Reina is Saori Hayami. (Shinoa and Shirayuki)

I haven't watched many male-targeted shows with male mc's that don't get hated on.

Well um....there's....
......um......
.......UM........
.....haha this is kind of disturbing.....

Kirito and Tatsuya? But then the FANS hate them.......so......can't win.

Cause what they did and what the audience would've done are totally different. They would've fucked that girl, they would've killed that chick, they would've said that instead.
Jan 13, 2016 9:05 PM

Nov 2011
this episode pretty much confirms my initial impressions from episode 1.
seems like the company making the series desperately wants to appeal to the otaku.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jan 13, 2016 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
Mai has a mole on her left inner thigh...
Jan 13, 2016 9:13 PM
Jul 2018
> She's called K O I T O
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Their speeches made me cringe. Average episode.
Jan 13, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Mai should just get her own hentai anime already smh

Real talk here.

She's very hot, but there's too much fan service in that anime.
Jan 13, 2016 9:20 PM

Nov 2011
-Trippwire- said:
Mai has a mole on her left inner thigh...

>main character explaining about stuff
>viewers only paying attention at the girls thigh
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

Jan 13, 2016 9:29 PM

Oct 2013
PW is just a "Monster of the Week" show with lots of fan service and great animation.

Pretty average in my opinion, but still fun to watch.
Jan 13, 2016 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
Satoshi said:
PW is just a "Monster of the Week" show with lots of fan service and great animation.

Pretty average in my opinion, but still fun to watch.

seems spot on, but "average" seems like giving it too much credit.
then again, it barely started, so there's still a chance they will impress me somehow.

Jan 13, 2016 10:10 PM

Jul 2015
The episode was good although I don't like how the male MC gets dissed

Nothing wrong with having knowledge and being smart
Jan 13, 2016 10:27 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Koito warms up to the others

Hmm dat fanservice. Great shots from the UFO

OMG CUTE DOG <3333

OMG 0____0 Finger scene
Jan 13, 2016 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
OMG 0____0 Finger scene

i can imagine how awkward it must be if you're watching that scene and your parents walk by.

Jan 13, 2016 11:05 PM
Nov 2015
DreamingBeats said:
AnimeFan500 said:
OMG 0____0 Finger scene

i can imagine how awkward it must be if you're watching that scene and your parents walk by.

I think it'd be more awkward if you had a younger sibling sees it though. (Not like I experienced something similar with Ranma 1/2 when I was younger.)

Anyway, Reina master race! Anyone who thinks otherwise gets an all you can eat buffet with Marchosias.(Not the winged puppy)
Jan 13, 2016 11:42 PM

Aug 2013
boob animation continues to be A+
wow gay
Jan 14, 2016 12:32 AM

Apr 2009
the guy of This anime is just like Sakura Kinomoto woul like to capture phantoms
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 14, 2016 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
terminador_2397 said:
I don't like how the male MC gets dissed

mc is the typical very skilled but under appreciated male character.
they seem to be using reverse psychology: the main character is bashed for having "useless knowledge", but that knowledge is exactly what makes him useful in the fights (he literally knows the weakness of every monster-of-the-day, and is the mastermind for defeating the enemies). the people will of course realize the usefulness of his knowledge and sympathize with the under appreciated mc, which is exactly what the creators were hoping for (probably anyways)

Jan 14, 2016 1:44 AM

Sep 2014
bastek66 said:
Nice episosode with lot of fanservice

That finger sucking, best scene ever 10/10 Reina <3

GPAD said:
DreamingBeats said:

I think it'd be more awkward if you had a younger sibling sees it though. (Not like I experienced something similar with Ranma 1/2 when I was younger.)

Anyway, Reina master race! Anyone who thinks otherwise gets an all you can eat buffet with Marchosias.(Not the winged puppy)

Reina master race! (luckily I started loving reina since ep 1).
Jan 14, 2016 2:27 AM

Nov 2015
Musaigen no Phantom World - Episode 3 Preview :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nquuL0KxNs
Jan 14, 2016 2:43 AM

Apr 2012
I thought the boob touching scene in episode one was ridiculous, but the pandering in this episode was worse. This show is trash. It makes Kyoukai no kanata look like a masterpiece. Incredible tbh.
Jan 14, 2016 3:10 AM
Sep 2014
aikaflip said:
Koito's "Break, break, break, break into the tune of creation! Tune, tune, tune, tune, control the key! Ahhhhhhh!" chant was unique and a little awkward. That's going to take some getting used to.

The fanservice is still rather light, and not nearly as lewd as it could be. That finger suck was surprising though.

Entertaining overall. I liked this episode about as much as the last one.

It's also extremely inconvenient for her. Considering they think up these phrases themselves, couldn't she have picked something less cumbersome to say? >.>
Jan 14, 2016 3:21 AM

Jun 2015
This is getting more and more ridiculous. Nothing so far about the story has been interesting...

Although there are some enjoyable scenes..
ok :p
Jan 14, 2016 3:27 AM

Nov 2015
ExxBlack said:
Musaigen no Phantom World - Episode 3 Preview :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nquuL0KxNs

is that master asia?!
Jan 14, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2015
DreamingBeats said:
terminador_2397 said:
I don't like how the male MC gets dissed

mc is the typical very skilled but under appreciated male character.
they seem to be using reverse psychology: the main character is bashed for having "useless knowledge", but that knowledge is exactly what makes him useful in the fights (he literally knows the weakness of every monster-of-the-day, and is the mastermind for defeating the enemies). the people will of course realize the usefulness of his knowledge and sympathize with the under appreciated mc, which is exactly what the creators were hoping for (probably anyways)

Yeah he deserves to be recognized for that
Jan 14, 2016 4:00 AM

Mar 2014
Things just keep getting better and better
Jan 14, 2016 4:01 AM

May 2012
Very nice episode. I want to see the "bunny Loli" doing something too.
I despise woke people.
Jan 14, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2015
When they came in to get rid of that peeping phantom and it didn't come I went "Ohhh boy time for that Japanese weirdness again" but hey I actually was surprised that they didn't wank all in with the fanservice and kept it fairly moderate with towels (well finger lickin thing was over the top obv, they couldn't resist it) But yeah, clap clap to them, it could of been waaaay worse.
Jan 14, 2016 4:52 AM

Jun 2014
Izumi Reina, why would you suck somebody another person's blood? Not normal >.<

Fighting the UFO thing was kind of dull, you kind of knew what was going to happen to Haruhiko every time he entered, as well as the failed summoning (or incomplete?). The fanservice is evident, like I can't take my eyes off of Mai who is apparently more interesting that the parole magic or whatever being explained.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 14, 2016 5:20 AM

Feb 2012
Everything about the UFO catching scene was absolutely hilarious. It was great how Haruhiko looked seriously badass when summoning his demon, just to get disappointed by a cute pup with angel wings. It was nice to get some Reina fanservice, too, although I prefer Mai's lapse dancing and acrobatics.

The art and animation are obviously superb, same with voice acting and comedy elements. I also really like the world concept and supernatural powers. However, so far the characters seem to be quite shallow and hence they're not very intriguing, especially the Haruhiko who couldn't be even more generic. Ruru is very annoying, too. However, since I enjoy a good laugh, I will continue watching this series. I am really interested in how this story will unfold.
Jan 14, 2016 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
A pretty entertaining episode. Plenty of fanservice shots and humorous moments to take in from this episode, although I believe it'll still be sometime before the plot of the show really thickens.........as long as not one takes these words out of context that is. ^_^'

Ichijo's demon dog turning into a puppy with wings was adorable, especially the face it had on it's face when the UFO ruined it's nap. XD

Izumi surprised me when she placed Ichijo's finger in her mouth to that it would heal completely. Nice usage of her power there, although most fans, including me, will drop the 'Finger lickin' good!' motto from KFC when seeing the scene either for the first time or if they view it again in the future.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.