Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2011
I don't even want to say that here, but I just don't get why this arc is supposed to be that exciting. I have been rather bored the last couple of episodes.
I seem to have outgrown Gintama unfortunately...
I mean everybody loves this, really I don't want to destroy your mood here and I will just believe it is great, but for me...really not.

I just don't care much for it anymore, was similar the whole season. Some comedy stuff was good but it never got me to the same enjoyment level as the very first season, ever.

Really I don't understand it myself! :-(
Jan 13, 2016 6:38 AM

Mar 2014
Joy4ever said:
Warrior3 said:
Yea I don't like Takasugi either. He had decided to destroy everything (why everything?) and kill his comrades just because Gintoki didn't have a choice - as if he was happy to chop their sensei's head off, in fact Gintoki had felt way much pain than Takasugi and he should have been thankful to Gintoki for preferring to save his comrades' (including himself ofc) lives. The problem is that Takasugi was too stubborn to understand Gintoki's pain.

true, a most badass character turned out to be a immature stubborn guy, kind of remind me of sasuke
Except characters like Sasuke believe themselves -- the actions, their ambitions -- to be just and correct. In that respect, Takasugi is different.
Jan 13, 2016 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
ziggy_Z said:
Joy4ever said:

true, a most badass character turned out to be a immature stubborn guy, kind of remind me of sasuke
Except characters like Sasuke believe themselves -- the actions, their ambitions -- to be just and correct. In that respect, Takasugi is different.

yeah, Takasugi is just a child who refuses to grow up...
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 13, 2016 6:48 AM

Feb 2008
Damn, I was hoping that Oboro bastard were dead... So like him to intervene in a situation like that, though. The drama level was definitely off the charts this week.
Jan 13, 2016 6:49 AM

Dec 2015
KevinRammstein said:
I don't even want to say that here, but I just don't get why this arc is supposed to be that exciting. I have been rather bored the last couple of episodes.
I mean everybody loves this, really I don't want to destroy your mood here and I will just believe it is great, but for me...really not.

I just don't care much for it anymore, was similar the whole season. Some comedy stuff was good but it never got me to the same enjoyment level as the very first season, ever.

I think I get this, I was into OP a lot but after the time skip I don't feel it anymore, don't know why maybe cause the waiting for the next chapter is too long, but somehow Gintama's not the same
Jan 13, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
Gintoki is a

in Takasugi's eyes
Jan 13, 2016 6:52 AM

Mar 2014
Argyre said:
Damn, I was hoping that Oboro bastard were dead... So like him to intervene in a situation like that, though. The drama level was definitely off the charts this week.
We saw him alive & well at the end of Courtesan.
Jan 13, 2016 6:53 AM

Jan 2015
I was warned but nothing could have warned me for this.
Who would've thought Gintama could be the saddest anime as well as the funniest.
This episode had me crying and towards the end I was literally screaming and yelling at the top of my lungs. Takasugi! Shoyou! This episode was too much for me to handle.
Saddest and most shocking episode I've ever seen. That twist was so unexpected and so depressing, not even Steins;Gate can be this unpredictable and sad.
That fight was unbelievable, Gintoki VS Takasugi is by far the best anime scene I've seen (episode 304 and 305, flashbacks included).
But yeah, I was crying for probably around twenty minutes after the episode ended, heaps loud too.
WizilizJan 13, 2016 9:23 PM
Jan 13, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2012
Many thanks both to the studio and the voice actors for a perfect anime episode. The really saved their budget for the best animation parts and the seyiuess are so godly.

The next ep will probably be the last ep of the arc since there are only barely 4 chapters left to adapt, and consider the pace that they are in right now its very unlikely that they do two more ep with it.

Now, please do it just as good as in the next arc, please!
How I love a game
Jan 13, 2016 7:25 AM
Jun 2015
Joy4ever said:
ziggy_Z said:

yeah, Takasugi is just a child who refuses to grow up...
Rolfmao! If you actually deduce that, then it is beyond bewildering why Lelouch is in your favorites.
Jan 13, 2016 7:40 AM
Dec 2013
I thought I was ready for this. Man, I'm bloody wrong. SENSEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIII! 😭😭
Overall, the fight is topnotch. Nothing can compare to this.

NANDESUKA KORE?
Jan 13, 2016 7:41 AM

Dec 2011
Oh the feels, especially when Takasugi mentioned that before his left eye is blinded, "the last thing it saw is your crying face". My goodness, the emotions when Takasugi pleaded. Really good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2016 7:46 AM

Oct 2014
That was a really good episode, conclusion of the flashback, Gintoki/Takasuki shaping as the best fight of 2016 so far.

2016 starting off with the right foot for the Anime Industry.

Next week looks like Kagura vs Kamui is gonna be a bit extended, makes sense since the fight is now a filler match thanks to the atmosphere that surrounded Gintoki/Takasuki.

I also forgot Kondou and Hijitaka were still fighting, lol.

Jan 13, 2016 7:57 AM

Sep 2013
Takasugi is still their bro, he just strayed of the path :'(
Gintoki beheading Shoyo :O
Jan 13, 2016 8:12 AM

Jul 2014
I cried at the Takasugi part asking why Gintoki chose them over Shouyo. The feels that led them to their different paths and seek revenge for sensei in their different ways.

Gintoki deserves happiness. Takasugi deserves happiness.
Jan 13, 2016 8:22 AM

May 2014
Probably one of the best episodes in the franchise thus far. The visuals were so much better than last episode(loved that OP change).

This is probably my favorite episode of this entire arc, and probably any serious arc in Gintama. It's bloody fantastic.

Finally, the SA arc is reaching it's final episode(s).
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jan 13, 2016 8:23 AM

Dec 2015
read the manga people, oh man Sorachi is a damn genius, the flow is even much better in manga
Jan 13, 2016 8:29 AM

Aug 2008
What a shocking revelation in the flashback. Gintoki the one killing Shoyo.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 13, 2016 8:33 AM

Nov 2013
Gintama the best thing ever created.

I was sure the Anime would top the Manga with the amazing visuals and voice actors.. but damn, never would have thought it would be like this. The damn feels and Gintoki vs Takasugi will be one legendary fight.
Jan 13, 2016 8:56 AM
Nov 2014
Insane stuff from this episode, Takasugi is a real bro.
Jan 13, 2016 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
I can't handle this shit man.I've read the manga but the anime handled the fight so well and you can really feel the emotion and pain bursting from Takasugi and Gintoki.I have the feeling that their voice actors really did beat each other up while recording this.

10/10
10 outta fucking 10
You’re Thinking in Japanese, if you must think do it in German. - Askerr
Jan 13, 2016 9:02 AM
Jun 2008
Best anime this season ?
By far
Jan 13, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2016
One or probably two episodes left for this great arc.

Hopefully they animate my favorite arc of gintama next (FS Arc :( ) or maybe some 4th wall recap by Shigeshige (to kill the mood hhahahaha) and proceed with some episodic or comedy arcs from the manga before calling another hiatus
Jan 13, 2016 9:17 AM
Oct 2011
Joy4ever said:
Warrior3 said:
Yea I don't like Takasugi either. He had decided to destroy everything (why everything?) and kill his comrades just because Gintoki didn't have a choice - as if he was happy to chop their sensei's head off, in fact Gintoki had felt way much pain than Takasugi and he should have been thankful to Gintoki for preferring to save his comrades' (including himself ofc) lives. The problem is that Takasugi was too stubborn to understand Gintoki's pain.

For me Gintoki, Kagura, Kamui, Umibozu are the most badass/strongest characters and *spoiler*.................Utsuro. lol
btw Takasugi doesn't remind me of Sasuke (i kinda hate Sasuke tbh), he somehow reminds me of some Akatsuki members (Pain, Sasori, Obito) in that case. The motives are almost the same
Jan 13, 2016 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
KevinRammstein said:

I get you

To me its the new lead director and studio change. I feel the comedy is not as impactful as before and the art has been inconsistent. the good ones are really good but its more inconsistent than the last seasons and they made the art too shiny and bright for me. The main arcs has been weak for me apart from this which Im enjoying.

I still love Gintama but I really do miss the old director.
Jan 13, 2016 9:26 AM

Oct 2009
treedude said:
Tyrel said:
I don't think so. Picking between two people: Friends + Master, and choosing one over the other... I wouldn't really put that in the category of an antagonist. Maybe if you think of it as Takasugi's side, he may feel that, especially from this episode we just saw.

Well i can't say something that kinda spoils people a little.

I'll just say that Gintoki could have chosen something else other than those two options. He was weak in the past. So while he may not be villainous in his actions, i think you could call him an antagonist (someone is in direct opposition to others - usually the main protagonist)......or maybe not...or maybe...idk i'm still mulling it over aha

Anyone can confirm to me if Gintoki was ever captured, or did he give himself up in order to save Katsura and Takasugi who were captured. I don't remember Gintoki ever losing to someone in the war other than that he drew with Oboro.
Though Gintoki was going to break one of his promises, so he kept the one he thought was best. I feel for both Gintoki and Takasugi. Takasugi didn't know about Gintoki's promise to Shoyo, but also couldn't understand Gintoki's choice. The one person they wanted to protect, the one thing that meant the world to them, was the one they chose to sacrifice in order to survive. Takasugi just had so much self hatred at his own weakness more than anything that caused the death of Shoyo. Gintoki understood Takasugi and wanted to save him, by allowing himself to become Takasugi's target so to speak, so that Takasugi would survive and have a meaning to continue living, after losing everything. Gintoki bore that crest, so long as he lives, Takasugi would live too. Gintoki understood that Takasugi was on a two way path of either self-destruction, or destruction of his alter ego, due to his character and hatred. Takasugi couldn't forgive himself, so he took out his hatred upon Gintoki and the world, he probably understood that Gintoki let himself be his target and took on the task. While Gintoki had suffered some mental scarring being the one who had to kill his teacher, Shoyo, but he continues to keep his promise to his teacher. The reason Gintoki has been able to keep going all this time. Takasugi was right in a sense that their paths (Gintoki, Katsura, and Takasugi himself) diverged from the start when they entered the school. They had different motivations. Their personalities at times seem straightforward yet also complex at other times, this shows they're just human beings.
On another note the animation was really good this episode imo.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Jan 13, 2016 9:35 AM

Oct 2009
Joy4ever said:
Warrior3 said:

imo Takasugi isn't stubborn to understand Gintoki's pain. Rather Takasugi viewed himself very similar if not the same as Gintoki; but he was missing something Gintoki had. Their ideals or motivation in the war were similar but distinct/different. Takasugi has too much self hatred for his own weakness at the time. Had Gintoki not attempted to save him by giving Takasugi another target to aim his sword at. Takasugi probably would have killed himself, after being driven insane by the loss of Shoyo, or even now he chooses to seek to destroy Gintoki and everything else, since Shoyo was everything to him.

As for Shoyo, he must have his reasons, though i don't know what they are. As for Gintoki's choices, it was difficult to know what choices he had. And whether or not it was the best choice, it was a choice based on his own emotions and character.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Jan 13, 2016 9:37 AM

Jun 2015
The voice actors did a stellar job and the action was so intense. great episode!
:)
Jan 13, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2014
Joy4ever said:
Warrior3 said:

Oh hell no! Don't compare him to that Sasuke shit.
Takasugi actually does what he says he's gonna do, not like Sasuke who doesn't know what to do....at all and spouts random shit. xD
Jan 13, 2016 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
Can someone tell me what's this character's name?

Jan 13, 2016 10:05 AM

Mar 2013
Gintoki vs. Takasugi just officially became my third favorite anime fight of all time, right after after Kenshin vs. Saito and Kenshin vs. Shishio.
Jan 13, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2014
AntonKutovoi said:
Gintoki vs. Takasugi just officially became my third favorite anime fight of all time, right after after Kenshin vs. Saito and Kenshin vs. Shishio.

Then u clearly havent watched enough anime.

If only this fight was longer I couldve rated around Takamura vs Hawk level.

The worst part of this episode, is how they were repeating Shojo being beheaded, felt like I was watching Naruto Shippuden.

Jan 13, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2010
Oh, Oboro that bastard was still alive huh, his arc was so long time ago now I could barely remember if he was alive or not but I thought he was dead.
Jan 13, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
LordPerucho said:
AntonKutovoi said:

Then u clearly havent watched enough anime.

If only this fight was longer I couldve rated around Takamura vs Hawk level.

The worst part of this episode, is how they were repeating Shojo being beheaded, felt like I was watching Naruto Shippuden.

Maybe he was referring to Samurai fights.

PS: Takasugi channeling his inner Spike Spiegel was the best part. (An eye looking to the past and other to the present and bla bla bla)
Jan 13, 2016 10:35 AM

Sep 2011
Please don't spoil people with names of characters not yet introduced~

This goes for any other info not yet introduced past this episode.
Jan 13, 2016 10:37 AM
Dec 2013
Napok said:

I'm pretty sure he's never been referred to by name
Jan 13, 2016 10:39 AM

Jan 2016
Warrior3 said:
Katsurap-da-yo said:
tbh I don't like Takasugi, he's too stubborn, they wouldn't even in this mess if he realised it earlier
I know the choice Gin make wasn't the best but in the time what more can he did (even Shouyo didn't do anything which I find really piss since he was so strong), he made himself an antagonist and carried all the sins
and of course Oboro what a good time!

i initially felt the same way too, but when i found out abt takasugi's motivation i actually sympathize with him because considering how much he loved shoyo and the one to take away the most important thing in his life was his best friend and the only person he could relate to, and it's not just Gin it's the tendoushuu and the bakufu so I think the hatred fueled revenge and all the destruction he's done is relevant. for me it's easier to understand takasugi's point of view than Gintoki's, because even Katsura is doing something to fight for their country but Gin is just loitering around playing pachinko everyday...maybe i'm missing something

Jan 13, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
joa12222 said:
Napok said:

Thanks, I thought his name was mentioned before and I wasn't paying attention.
+
Thanks for the guy who told me his name. I saw the comment before it was deleted.
Jan 13, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2010
One of the best episodes of Gintama.Bravo.
I'm literally shaking AF now.
Jan 13, 2016 10:55 AM
Dec 2013
Napok said:
joa12222 said:

+
Thanks for the guy who told me his name. I saw the comment before it was deleted.

That wasn't actually his name, he was just making a spoilery joke (don't look it up). The green guy hasn't been named in the manga yet as far as I remember
Jan 13, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
joa12222 said:
Napok said:

+

That wasn't actually his name, he was just making a spoilery joke (don't look it up). The green guy hasn't been named in the manga yet as far as I remember
Pretty much this. We got zero info on the guy. And the name you saw earlier is a spoiler for later on in the series.
Jan 13, 2016 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was amazing, their back story was sad depressing and dark
Jan 13, 2016 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
joa12222 said:
Napok said:

+

I see. And sadly I searched that name and I though that would make a good plot twist lol
NapokJan 13, 2016 11:11 AM
Jan 13, 2016 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
Our Gintoki who killed his master, how sad
Apparently this arc is moving towards the end'll miss
Jan 13, 2016 11:11 AM

Aug 2015
what a time to be alive....2016...oh lord
Jan 13, 2016 11:14 AM

Mar 2008
Katsurap-da-yo said:
KevinRammstein said:

I think I get this, I was into OP a lot but after the time skip I don't feel it anymore, don't know why maybe cause the waiting for the next chapter is too long, but somehow Gintama's not the same

The reason why you're no longer into OP is because it's become such a shitty anime after the time skip.

Blame Toei Animation. Worst studio in the industry by far.
TERRIBLE pacing, WORST animation.. turned nami, robin etc. into 90% boobs and nothing else. They don't even put any efforts into the fights or anything anymore.

It's simply a bad anime now.

Gintama is just as amazing as it's always been <3
Jan 13, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
This arc <3
So intense.
Jan 13, 2016 11:23 AM

Jan 2016
Zapredon said:
What a shocking revelation in the flashback. Gintoki the one killing Shoyo.

i already knew this around the time of benizakura arc (before I read the manga), it was already hinted then if i'm not mistaken

Jan 13, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
Romeo said:
Katsurap-da-yo said:

The reason why you're no longer into OP is because it's become such a shitty anime after the time skip.

TERRIBLE pacing, WORST animation.. turned nami, robin etc. into 90% boobs and nothing else. They don't even put any efforts into the fights or anything anymore.

Romeo said:
Katsurap-da-yo said:

I say the manga not only the anime(the anime just made it worse) went downhill for OP after the time skip and its one of my faves.. All the arcs failed to live up to the hype and Dressrosa arc really draged big time.
Jan 13, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
the music and voice acting was just top quality, thank to the studio and Sugita and Koyasu

thank you *sheds manly tear*
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tyrel - Mar 30, 2016

251 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2016

113 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 20, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jan 27, 2016

241 by HyperNova06 »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

» Thoughts on this season (Spoilers)

RahulSenpai - Mar 8

13 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Gintama° Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Dec 23, 2015

140 by Nymbris »»
Mar 10, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.