Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2016 7:39 PM

Mar 2014
Ok, so I have yet to watch the anime of OPM but I have read the manga that covers the chapters in which the anime aired. I've always viewed this series as something simple so it was a shock when I found out that ever since the anime released, there are people who have found great depth within this series.

Jan 12, 2016 7:47 PM
Jan 2013
Looks like someone took a dictionary and picked words at random to make up phrases.
gone bai bai
Jan 12, 2016 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
Sounds like a fanboy trying to find deeper meaning in his favorite chinese cartoon.
Jan 12, 2016 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
I don't see anything wrong with it.
Only the haters will hate as usual.
Jan 12, 2016 7:56 PM

Jul 2015
I don't see a problem with that
Jan 12, 2016 7:58 PM

Apr 2015
So deep, it's almost a puddle on its own.
Jan 12, 2016 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
Tatsu765 said:
I don't see a problem with that

So Murata just drew this
Jan 13, 2016 2:00 AM

Dec 2013
This is some pretty deep shit.
Jan 13, 2016 8:36 AM

May 2009
That's just rediculous.
Jan 13, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
All y´all know that the dude isn´t serious?
Jan 17, 2016 9:06 AM
Mar 2014
Not only is there nothing wrong with someone enjoying something others don't see in a story, but the guy also takes the time to explain, whenever asked, exactly what made him see each of these themes in the show and give examples of where they come into play. I'm sure this would turn into ad hominem now, but I share the same opinion.

There's much more to the series than is conceived at first glance (some things are so fucking obvious I just can't fathom how people don't realize them), and it disgusts me to see the absurdly hostile stances people take against this idea. You literally don't have anything to lose by trying to understand what we see in the show. If you end up sharing his opinion, you'll only appreciate and enjoy it more -- and if you don't, quite literally, NOTHING HAPPENS.

What a terrible community.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jan 17, 2016 10:20 AM

Mar 2014
omfgplzstop said:
Not only is there nothing wrong with someone enjoying something others don't see in a story, but the guy also takes the time to explain, whenever asked, exactly what made him see each of these themes in the show and give examples of where they come into play. I'm sure this would turn into ad hominem now, but I share the same opinion.

There's much more to the series than is conceived at first glance (some things are so fucking obvious I just can't fathom how people don't realize them), and it disgusts me to see the absurdly hostile stances people take against this idea. You literally don't have anything to lose by trying to understand what we see in the show. If you end up sharing his opinion, you'll only appreciate and enjoy it more -- and if you don't, quite literally, NOTHING HAPPENS.

We are of one mind. I don't think the youtube comment in the OP is well written, but it does get the points across, and these are definitely things present in this particular Chinese cartoon. One Punch Man absolutely deals with dispassion, the media "rewiring" us, and "tribal warfare". It's the same type of group psychology in used in sports marketing and politics, the heros concerned with becoming popular focus on garnering fans, not on doing good deeds. This allows them to turn their rabid fan base on anyone who threatens them in the same way overzealous sports fans, staunch members of a political alignment, or butt hurt anime fans like to fling shit at eachother. OPMs attitude towards celebrity culture is is interesting as well, probably my favorite aspect of the show.

omfgplzstop said:
(some things are so fucking obvious I just can't fathom how people don't realize them)
You and me both buddy.
merryfistmasJan 17, 2016 10:33 AM
Jan 17, 2016 10:30 AM
Oct 2012
Oian said:
All y´all know that the dude isn´t serious?

Overall he is serious, the show does have those themes, but I also know that he is having a bit of fun in writing it up in such a way to annoy the people who said the show was just stupid.

I would like to have a beer with the writer, they would be entertaining as hell.
Jan 17, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
sullynathan said:

3deep5me
Banner credit to @turnip
Jan 17, 2016 10:49 AM
Mar 2014
merryfistmas said:
omfgplzstop said:

We are of one mind. I don't think the youtube comment in the OP is well written, but it does get the points across, and these are definitely things present in this particular Chinese cartoon. One Punch Man absolutely deals with dispassion, the media "rewiring" us, and "tribal warfare". It's the same type of group psychology in used in sports marketing and politics, the heros concerned with becoming popular focus on garnering fans, not on doing good deeds. This allows them to turn their rabid fan base on anyone who threatens them in the same way overzealous sports fans, staunch members of a political alignment, or butt hurt anime fans like to fling shit at eachother. OPMs attitude towards celebrity culture is is interesting as well, probably my favorite aspect of the show.

omfgplzstop said:
(some things are so fucking obvious I just can't fathom how people don't realize them)
You and me both buddy.

Glad to hear that. Go check your profile lol.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Jan 23, 2016 6:45 AM
Aug 2012
his real life must suck so much
Jan 23, 2016 6:57 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Yeah, ONE probably didn't think about it like that while making OPM, so it's best not to take that comment seriously.

More topics from this board

» Live Action Movie gets new writers (Rick and Morty writer and creator)

OvergrownRover - Apr 14

2 by Kadano »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2015

346 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Yesterday, 2:24 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2015

986 by larryfirst »»
Mar 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2015

337 by Mobesho-SAN »»
Mar 18, 12:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2015

791 by Jiborjas »»
Mar 13, 8:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.