Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2009 3:27 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best Rupan film by far, absurd ending and all. There are some amazing one-liners in the sub, too.

I'm Jigen, a monster with a .3 second quick draw!

I cannot cut flowers with my Zanketsu.

Nobody said I'm not in... we're out of cognac.

IMPRUDENCE!!

Secret technique - Lightning Cut!

Once again, you've cut something worthless.

An occidental beggar? (lolwut)

Hiding the secret of the gold of Babylon in a Mother Goose rhyme... The babylonians did some stylish things.
Sep 11, 2011 7:35 PM

Sep 2008
The ending was totally a wtf moment, especially with that kiss.
That Lupin disguised as Fujiko balloon was total yumminess though.
Still, not as good as the second movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2013 7:17 AM

Oct 2012
Best moment for me

Fujiko: I think I get it now, God is an alien?

Lupin: Uh-huh.
May 31, 2015 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
This was particularly fun for me. I loved it more than I thought I would.
Mar 10, 2018 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
We return to the sparkling, the chameleon and the extravagant Lupine, in all its splendor. Very similar to the first movie, the narrative unfolds amid a thousand mishaps, also losing the way sometimes, a chaos of situations always full of action, bullets and destruction. Very sui generis the story, although very far-fetched, but we always talk about a film starring Lupine 3rd. Good realization, but I always prefer the movie directed by Hayao Miyazaka.
May 5, 2019 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
Okay movie with a nice theme song. The bike chase in the beginning dragged on for too long, and poor Zenigata didn't even get his kiss. lol Rosetta was an interesting and somehow funny character, and you can't blame her for falling for Lupin either. xD Jigen had some moments to show just how cool of a gunman he is too, but even though Fujiko and Goemon had their moments as well, I felt like they were a bit lackluster.

Zenigata was the leader of a squad of beauties this time, but they were dropped suddenly after feeling removed from the main story from the start, only to appear as suddenly in the end, and poor Zenigata only got badmouthed and didn't do much either, just like them. Goemon's crush was nice though? The bit with alien beings coming for the gold was crazy, but still better than actual gods I guess. lol I laughed when Fujiko said: "It belongs to the humans, it belongs to me!" XD Welp, pretty much all of the gold fell in the sea, but they still have all of those bars they got earlier so it wasn't a total waste. And that mafia was pretty much annihilated so one is going to look for it.
Oct 3, 2020 8:48 AM

Nov 2016
Lol @ the beauty contest.

This Lupin movie was really fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2022 1:56 AM

Oct 2018
- Manhattan Joke ain't a joke. This song is groovy as hell
- If I had a nickel for everytime Hitler shows up in Lupin I wouldn't have much, but it's weird that it happened more than once.
- Bald Lupin is cursed
- What's not to love about this movie? Non-stop slapstick gold, pops getting a groupie, Lupin vs the mafia, bonkers finale that surpasses the Mamo ending. My gripe is that all the gags dragged too long and overstayed their welcome.
~Spiritual Healing~

Dec 14, 2022 8:21 PM

Dec 2021
After having finished Part 3, I had to check this out, one of the lowest rated Lupin III movie. First, fake Jigen struggling to light a non-crumpled cigarette was pretty funny. Second... reality... there's no connection to it and the Lupin here and now. Things just happen, and you have to accept it. It's why this movie is rated as low as it is, it's a ton of nonsense tied together with decent comedy and very little else.

While this movie was a... challenging watch... I didn't hate it. As I said before, the comedy is really good here, but the whole movie feels like the writers of Part 3 had a big list of leftover jokes/gags they couldn't fit into the TV series, and tried to write a story for the sole purpose of using said jokes, while also getting lost in some serious drugs.

I'll abruptly end my criticism here. If you liked that one episode of Part 3 where Lupin eats a crow and (I think) Fujiko fucking kills herself (I barely remember it, that episode was a fucking trip), then you'll probably like this movie. I'm still not sure I get it, so it's going below Lupin VIII in terms of enjoyability. Moments of fun were had, but I was just getting lost watching this, not in a good way. 6.5/10
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

More topics from this board

» Mamoru Oshii's plans for this film

Haneken2086 - Jan 3, 2016

0 by Haneken2086 »»
Jan 3, 2016 9:41 AM

» Where to Watch It

arnoldc64 - Oct 4, 2015

0 by arnoldc64 »»
Oct 4, 2015 2:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.