Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2016 5:53 PM
May 2015
by "band" I'm more so referring to you and three friends with matching emo haircuts who can kind of play some instruments unsuccessfully attempting to create music, rather than the band where people spit into metal things and make noise as a group. I'm also not expecting for anyone to be a member of a professional and respected band that has sold thousands of albums, but if you are, do tell.

anyway, if you have been in a crappy garageband, what was it like? what was your band name? how old were you when you were in it? do you think you actually sounded decent, or were you shit?
and if anyone happens to have any pictures or recordings that they haven't burned yet, feel free to share those.

discuss

~this thread is sponsored by myspace. join today!~
Jan 11, 2016 5:56 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah, I played guitar in a "garage punk" band a couple years ago (just starting highschool). We were named after a place in Ireland (can't remember the name now that I think of it, started with a "K" I think)

We practiced like twice, then everyone moved away and here I am still playing on my own.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Jan 11, 2016 6:01 PM
May 2015
UAC_DeltaCompany said:
Yeah, I played guitar in a "garage punk" band a couple years ago (just starting highschool). We were named after a place in Ireland (can't remember the name now that I think of it, started with a "K" I think)

We practiced like twice, then everyone moved away and here I am still playing on my own.
alright which one is it
Kanturk Keadue Kealkill Keel Keenagh Kells Kenmare Kerrykeel Keshcarrigan Kilbarrack Kilbaha Kilbeggan Kilbeheny Kilberry Kilbricken Kilbrin Kilbrittain Kilcar (Cill Charthaigh) Kilclooney Kilcock Kilcogy, Kilcolgan Kilconly Kilcoole Kilconnell Kilclooney Kilcormac Kilcorney Kilcrohane Kilcullen Kilcurl Kildangan Kildare Kildavin Kildimo Kildorrery Kildysart Kilfenora Kilfinane Kilflynn Kilgarvan Kilglass Kilkea Kilkee Kilkelly Kilkenny Kilkerrin Kilkieran (Cill Chiaráin) Kill (Kildare) Killadysert Killala Killaloe Killanne Killarga Killarney, Killashee Killavullen Killeigh Killenaule Killeshandra, Killeshin Killimordaly Killinaspick Killiney Killinierin Killorglin Killucan Killurin Killybegs Kilmacanogue Kilmacduagh Kilmacow Kilmacthomas Kilmaine Kilmaley Kilmallock Kilmead Kilmeaden Kilmeage Kilmeedy Kilmessan Kilmichael Kilmihil Kilmore Kilmore Quay Kilmoyley Kilmuckridge Kilnaboy Kilnaleck Kilnamartyra (Cill na Martra) Kilpedder Kilquade Kilronan (Cill Rónáin) Kilrush Kilshanchoe Kilshanny Kilskeer Kiltale Kiltartan, Kiltealy Kilteel Kilteely Kiltegan Kilternan Kiltimagh Kiltormer Kiltyclogher Kilumney Kilworth Kincasslagh (Cionn Caslach) Kingscourt Kinlough Kinnegad Kinnitty Kinsale Kinvara Knightstown Knock (Clare) Knock (Mayo) Knockbridge Knockaderry Knocknahur Knockananna Knockanore Knockcroghery Knocklyon Knocknagoshel Knocknagree Knockraha, or Knocktopher
Jan 11, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2013
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

The feels hit me like a sack of bricks

I once contemplated joining a band but I didn't end up joining.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 11, 2016 6:03 PM

Nov 2013
Been in one band.

Was offered to join a couple others.

It sucked, we couldn't agree on shit. Everyone wanted to be the star, so we quit.
Jan 11, 2016 6:03 PM

Apr 2013
Just wondering, does being in a band member count?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 11, 2016 6:04 PM

Jan 2015
Anna_Cats said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

alright which one is it
Kanturk Keadue Kealkill Keel Keenagh Kells Kenmare Kerrykeel Keshcarrigan Kilbarrack Kilbaha Kilbeggan Kilbeheny Kilberry Kilbricken Kilbrin Kilbrittain Kilcar (Cill Charthaigh) Kilclooney Kilcock Kilcogy, Kilcolgan Kilconly Kilcoole Kilconnell Kilclooney Kilcormac Kilcorney Kilcrohane Kilcullen Kilcurl Kildangan Kildare Kildavin Kildimo Kildorrery Kildysart Kilfenora Kilfinane Kilflynn Kilgarvan Kilglass Kilkea Kilkee Kilkelly Kilkenny Kilkerrin Kilkieran (Cill Chiaráin) Kill (Kildare) Killadysert Killala Killaloe Killanne Killarga Killarney, Killashee Killavullen Killeigh Killenaule Killeshandra, Killeshin Killimordaly Killinaspick Killiney Killinierin Killorglin Killucan Killurin Killybegs Kilmacanogue Kilmacduagh Kilmacow Kilmacthomas Kilmaine Kilmaley Kilmallock Kilmead Kilmeaden Kilmeage Kilmeedy Kilmessan Kilmichael Kilmihil Kilmore Kilmore Quay Kilmoyley Kilmuckridge Kilnaboy Kilnaleck Kilnamartyra (Cill na Martra) Kilpedder Kilquade Kilronan (Cill Rónáin) Kilrush Kilshanchoe Kilshanny Kilskeer Kiltale Kiltartan, Kiltealy Kilteel Kilteely Kiltegan Kilternan Kiltimagh Kiltormer Kiltyclogher Kilumney Kilworth Kincasslagh (Cionn Caslach) Kingscourt Kinlough Kinnegad Kinnitty Kinsale Kinvara Knightstown Knock (Clare) Knock (Mayo) Knockbridge Knockaderry Knocknahur Knockananna Knockanore Knockcroghery Knocklyon Knocknagoshel Knocknagree Knockraha, or Knocktopher

It was this one, lol

Fuchsia said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

The feels hit me like a sack of bricks

I once contemplated joining a band but I didn't end up joining.

Yeah, they were all my really close friends so I was pretty sad about everyone leaving. I lost all contact and I really wish I could show them how much i've improved over the years and talk about old times.

Geez, I sound like an old man. Anyways, its not for everyone. Not even sure it was right for me, everyone fought over everything lol
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Jan 11, 2016 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
ive never been in a band but my ex is so I knew the local scene pretty well. Villain of the Story is their name lol. They do okay. Working their way up, maybe.Still listen to them too haha.
Jan 11, 2016 6:13 PM
May 2015
iSheep said:
not if the only instrument you played was the skin flute
Jan 11, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
I tried out for a band :0 they liked my voice but I couldn't scream worth shit so there is that
Jan 11, 2016 6:28 PM
May 2015
afaptoremember said:
ive never been in a band but my ex is so I knew the local scene pretty well. Villain of the Story is their name lol. They do okay. Working their way up, maybe.Still listen to them too haha.
if your username is a pun, it's very fitting
Jan 11, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2016
I've smoked pot with a band before and hung out at their practice sessions, does that count?

They went by the cringe worthy name of "Pimpy Sexy". Needless to say, they sucked ass.
Jan 11, 2016 6:45 PM
Jul 2018
what do you expecting from beta????
Jan 11, 2016 6:48 PM

Apr 2013
Anna_Cats said:
iSheep said:
not if the only instrument you played was the skin flute

OT: no...............................................
Jan 11, 2016 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
I had this experience as a guitarist or drummer in various local bands.
I even had my own boring indie quartet which was very short-lived.
Now I study DAW production by myself and don't want to form a band.
Jan 11, 2016 8:37 PM

Dec 2014
Nah. I never had time for it; neither did my other friends. It's never too late though. I can get start on it now. First, I need to get an emo haircut.
Jan 11, 2016 11:51 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah and it's a fucking chore. Playing music is nice, managing 5 men-children lemmings isn't.

If I ever do that kind of shit again it'll be a dictatorship, I've had enough democracy.

kuuderu said:

+++++++ keep that kind of shit away.
Jan 11, 2016 11:54 PM

May 2015
Lol yes, in fifth grade or something.
Jan 12, 2016 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
I have never been in a band because I am the most boring person ever
Jan 12, 2016 4:03 AM

Sep 2009
I've been banned, does that count?~
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 12, 2016 4:06 AM

Sep 2015
Of course, I'm the lead guitarist of Metallica.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Jan 12, 2016 4:16 AM

Jan 2016
Never, I prefer my gigs solo most bands today gives bad influence like drugs or alcohol.
“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.”
― Ed Sheeran
Jan 12, 2016 5:31 AM

Jul 2015
Pesticyde said:
Of course, I'm the lead guitarist of Metallica.

I'm really sorry. I give guitar lessons if you want (well, I don't, but I can make an exception).

Tell Lars I can find him a drumming teacher too ;).

(I'm just butthurt they stole the best metal bassist :'x)
Jan 12, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
I'm the drummer of 5 seconds of summer
I'm feelin' normal, I'm feelin' myself ♪♪
Jan 12, 2016 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
Clebardman said:
Yeah and it's a fucking chore. Playing music is nice, managing 5 men-children lemmings isn't.

If I ever do that kind of shit again it'll be a dictatorship, I've had enough democracy.

kuuderu said:

+++++++ keep that kind of shit away.

I like the idea of being able to perform alone while having just a laptop with controller.
A band would be great, but it's always a compromise and possible unwanted "surprises".
Jan 12, 2016 6:03 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah I've been in two bands so far, just for fun though, no gigs.
Jan 12, 2016 8:24 AM

May 2014
Anna_Cats said:
UAC_DeltaCompany said:

alright which one is it

One of those places I live in, lol

Ot; never been in a band though it sounds pretty cool.
I've been here way too long...
Jan 12, 2016 8:54 AM

Jan 2015
Yes. We sucked. We played five shows to minimal audience. Two of the members died of overdose. There were photos. I threw mine out.
Jan 12, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2010
I played rhythm guitar for a band a few friends and I started back in undergrad. We performed like once and then got too busy to continue practicing. :/
Jan 12, 2016 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
Yea in like elementary school. I sucked but I made as much noise as possible.
Jan 12, 2016 10:14 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah i was a drummer in a heavy metal band called Element, From when i was around 15 through to 17.
Jan 12, 2016 10:18 PM

May 2014
Nah, I always wanted to be tho

I was one of those kids who wanted to be able to sing/play instruments so badly but I don't even have musical talent lmao.. All of my talent is in my art
Jan 12, 2016 10:32 PM

Jul 2014
yee we performed at the talent show. I was the vocalist 16y/o
Jan 13, 2016 10:55 AM
Jul 2015
I'm not sure if this counts, but I ran the soundboard and projector for a band in my later high school years.

I still remember on April Fools I changed the band's name on the opening card to "Team Satisfaction." Good times.
Jan 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Apr 2015
I was a singer in a 6 person band for about just over a year until I left the country, good memories, we always did stuff Friday nights and that was usually the highlight of my week. I'd like to think we weren't too bad.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Oct 10, 2020 6:10 PM

Oct 2019
I kind of jammed out with friends before I moved. I’ve been playing guitar for 8 yrs so I’m MUCH better than before, because only as of recent(maybe a year or two) have I really been practicing hard. It’s fun to play my fav anime themes. Lol they used to say I played like shit, look at me now!
I also did School of Rock this year, does that count =p

More topics from this board

» Top 10 most iconic manga creators objectively ranked

AlphaMaleScotty - 2 hours ago

2 by Theo1899 »»
44 minutes ago

» How much of the world is autistic

LenRea - Apr 4

47 by JKKH »»
1 hour ago

» Has the internet been taking away our free speech?

purple_rayn - Apr 13

36 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you?

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

20 by FFandMMfan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

soniyay - Apr 14

27 by Adnash »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.