Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Who do you prefer? Haku or Hakuoro?
Jan 9, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
I personally like Haku better because he is always laid back and tries to skip works.
Jan 9, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
I like them both but Hakuoro is by far a more strong character, in the beginning of the first uta he was already a calm guy with a natural tendence to leadership, he start the history without any memory and yet don't seem afraid to take the lead in most part of the situations.. he seems to be more like a paternal figure taking care of everyone and becoming the leader of tsukuru, while haku still just...lazy.
Jan 9, 2016 9:42 AM
Oct 2015
PericlesD said:
I like them both but Hakuoro is by far a more strong character, in the beginning of the first uta he was already a calm guy with a natural tendence to leadership, he start the history without any memory and yet don't seem afraid to take the lead in most part of the situations.. he seems to be more like a paternal figure taking care of everyone and becoming the leader of tsukuru, while haku still just...lazy.

Pretty much the same feelings I have towards Hakuoro. Haku is more like a college friend you'd goof around and get wasted with.
Jan 9, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
PericlesD said:

This. Agree. Hakuoro>Haku
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 9, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2008
True Hakuoro more strong character but I really like laid back Haku.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 9, 2016 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
Who knows.. maybe until the end of the season haku become something else than a lazy dude fooling around with his harem, i read some spoilers about the visual novel ending but i want to see how things will happen for him, it will be nice see something traumatic happen and force him to mature his personality ( i doubt this will happen)
Jan 9, 2016 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
Hakuoro's VA still gives me nightmares even after few months of finishing the first Uta. But even without the VA, he's pretty shit :> At least Haku has some semblance of personality.
Oct 19, 2016 8:35 AM
Nov 2014
currently,who is the lord for tsukuru?is it hakuoro?but,he looks like someone else.
Jan 19, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
Hakuoro reminds me, for some reason, of one of those stoic characters from an old Hanna-Barbera adventure cartoon, yet he's rather kindhearted, and a great military leader when facing down evil.
Haku is much more fun though, but is a strong hero when he has to be. I would go with Haku, barely, over Hakuoro.
Mar 8, 2017 12:28 AM
Jan 2014
PericlesD said:

Eh, playing the game is quite different.
I'll be calling Hakuoro as H1 and Haku as H2 for less typing...
H1N1 is your generic MC who takes the lead in the early 2000's. He is perfect in morality, succeeds a lot, and has ugly or very generic antagonists. It's basically Akatsuki no Yona. Seriously, are any of the antagonists actually multi-dimensional? It starts with villain #1. He has beef with H1 because Villain #1 thinks that H1 is moving on his said to be girl. H1 puts up a fight instead of addressing the situation. Results in villain #1 getting his relative, villain #2, involved. The village suffers and they revolt. Villain #3 is some ass who burns down his city. Seriously, see what is happening here? Just like akatsuki no yona and really any other series with this sort of set up, they make their antagonist unlikable by being generic and obvious to the audience. This makes their character shine amongst the waste around them. The same thing happens to H2, but to a lesser degree. The first villain for H2 is a monster who has no real ill intent outside of snacking on H2. The second villain is a bandit. A bandit who has very little character, even for a one episode antagonist. Then we meet several other antagonists and sort of friendly enemies??? They only do bad things because they were ordered to, but it's not really resolved in any way.

So. which is better? I would say H2 for having less stuff being given to him. H2 was living a regular life before war started and he was simply dragged into the conflict. His villains had a purpose and a reason to fight him. They weren't really designed to make him look better or to simply progress the storyline. H1 had too much 1D characters that were made to make him look better and never made any attempts to change things up. No real reason why he ever participated. Why does he fight? What reason beside cute girl in trouble does he have?
BadReviewMar 8, 2017 12:33 AM
Mar 8, 2017 12:35 AM
Jan 2014
InabaKai said:
currently,who is the lord for tsukuru?is it hakuoro?but,he looks like someone else.

It's the ex-bandit bro who had a blind sister who got knocked up by Hakuoro.
Mar 8, 2017 12:38 AM
Jan 2014
PericlesD said:
Who knows.. maybe until the end of the season haku become something else than a lazy dude fooling around with his harem, i read some spoilers about the visual novel ending but i want to see how things will happen for him, it will be nice see something traumatic happen and force him to mature his personality ( i doubt this will happen)

It's a dead harem in the end. Haku takes Hakuoro's place as sealed god and only Kuon waits for him. The other girls didn't really have much of a reason to like him. They were sort of just there.
He does mature, but he's still a bumbling idiot. He didn't even confirm his feelings for anyone and just died.
Jan 26, 2018 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
Nobody can best world leader Hakuoro.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

97 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.