Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 9, 2016 7:32 PM
Sep 2015
saltncheese said:
It doesn't bother me much that Aquarius lived because it makes sense with the general mechanics of summoning stuff, but how it was presented seemed like she died that's why I understand people being disappointed.

The Layla payoff was underwhelming. It could've been presented better. To think that all this time, the celestial summons knew of this great mystery was just disappointing, and to why the celestials didn't even bother telling Lucy was just blarg. So where does Lucy's story go from here?

maybe there are still secrets. Look at that, if from the start, the spirits said to Lucy her mother's flashback, maybe Lucy is greater than the present arc. But they did not tell the Heartfilia's mission. Maybe they are loyal to their previous master for them not to say those secrets easily. Maybe.
Jan 9, 2016 8:58 PM
Oct 2014
It's true this chapter is anti-climatic. I expected Layla to have so many secrets & she's so powerful... but opening the gate without the complete keys could be feat in itself. However, I don't think that's the complete Layla backstory. There must be some reasons on why.... she would give the keys.. to her servants in the first place (not just because she wants to retire knowing that she needs to open the gate)...so there are still missing info and still couldn't make a judgment if this chapter is good or not. I am more curious on what aquarius is about to tell lucy... I feel like we would get a power up for lucy really soon... We didn't even see layla's deathbed.. lucy should have been near her.. which is typical but we don't get any flashback scene on layla dying..only a grave...which really makes me doubt..

Now, i am more interested on anna... from the moment she was introduced in the manga, i knew she was a heartfilia.. i feel like lucy is the reincarnation of anna ( hahaha, pls don't bash me).. the heartfilias could have some innate power or something.. there genes are too strong... they all look like carbon copies... I am even more curious why CSK is too helpful to Lucy.. well she could just be a friend.. It just makes me think why lucy is called an old friend by CSK.. I think Mashima leaves several clues. In one of the chapters in the afterword lucy is kneeling to zeref.. and there is a part there which was written" lucy is...." so lucy must have something special that would make her impact the final battle.. haha anyway sorry for the long post
Jan 9, 2016 9:40 PM
Oct 2014
aos10 said:
why layla opened the door without the key ?
can't she waited for brandish's mother to return ?
they didn't say there is a time limit for that.

Technically there was a time limit. The, gate was suppose(/designated) to be open exactly 400 years later. Anna opened the door 400 years ago, so someone needed to open it exactly 400 years later. Otherwise, they said something like what happened at the Grand magic Games would happen (those dragons coming out incident)
Jan 9, 2016 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
I wonder what brandish is going to do now that she knows the truth. Kind of wished she stayed an enemy so we could see more of her contribution to the war against ishgar, but it looks like thats not going to be happening at this rate.

Natsu being unconscious probably means that something that happened during his fight with zeref is having an effect on him.
sweet5Jan 15, 2016 9:18 PM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 10, 2016 12:45 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
So.....Brandish has joined the party?

Calm down Happy, Natsu has plot armor, so you don't have to worry

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jan 10, 2016 1:51 AM

Jan 2015
Now I wonder what'll Brandish do after know the truth. Will she stay an enemy?

What I want to know more is the Heartfilia family.

What I think what happened to Natsu can be cause Igneel power left him, his book was damaged or something happened with Zeref.
Jan 10, 2016 1:58 AM

Apr 2008
alchemist54 said:
Now I wonder what'll Brandish do after know the truth. Will she stay an enemy?

What I want to know more is the Heartfilia family.

What I think what happened to Natsu can be cause Igneel power left him, his book was damaged or something happened with Zeref.

She has no reason to stay an enemy.
Jan 10, 2016 3:15 AM

Dec 2013
Jicetus said:
Natsu is an critical state and Aquarius need to tell Lucy something, but will she wont get the time, will she.

Yeah this basically means something will happen... and then we'll get to know.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 10, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2014
I wonder what is that 1 thing that Acquarius failed to tell Lucy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2014
Another thought occurs: If a Aquarius, and by extension possibly every other Zodiac Spirit plus the King, know about Eclipse, Zeref and Anco...why did they say/do nothing during the GMG when Arcadios and Hisui explained their plan?
Jan 10, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Another thought occurs: If a Aquarius, and by extension possibly every other Zodiac Spirit plus the King, know about Eclipse, Zeref and Anco...why did they say/do nothing during the GMG when Arcadios and Hisui explained their plan?

Sworn to secrecy? It's a thing
Jan 10, 2016 7:53 AM

Oct 2013
I'm dropping my score for FT, these last 2 chapters were garbage. Thank god we're finally done with Brandish for now.

Lucasloco91 said:
I really don't give a shit about lucy and her mother, just give Gray more screen time.
And you think Gray is better? Honestly his backstory isn't even good when compared to Mavis' backstory.
Jan 10, 2016 8:01 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

Why? What's the harm in saying, "Hey, this is how the gate actually works. You're using it wrong." If anything given the circumstances, secrecy would be the worst choice to make, because the alternative is a massive dragon invasion.
Jan 10, 2016 9:14 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

"Oh they are about the end the world as we know it and our owners are about to be murdered horribly...Oh well, we promised no to tell, whatevs~"
Jan 10, 2016 9:36 AM

Feb 2010
AllenNoah said:
Also, I'm sure Hiro was hoping we'd be two distracted by the thought of a bikini-clad woman on all fours acting like a dog to notice, but isn't the implication here that this is how Aquarius treated a...what, ten year old child this way? No wonder she treated Marin like dogshit. Also what the fuck is your problem, Aquarius? With Lucy it kinda made sense since she saw her a a sort of Replacement Scrappy for Layla, but what was her beef with Brandish, who she apparently treated even worse? I kinda wish we get another Layla flashback so we could see what their relationship was like.

That did seem messed up and awkward even though it was probably supposed to be funny...

Hmm, if they could show that memory, wonder if that means the celestial spirits knew about who the dragon slayers were from the past. I imagine Anna or Layla must've come across them when dealing with this eclipse business. Though I suppose they aren't actually watching all the time.
cloud8100Jan 10, 2016 9:43 AM
Jan 10, 2016 11:24 AM
Apr 2013
There's no point in trying to figure out anything from the Eclipse gate, because Mashima has shown consistently he has had zero idea what to do with any plot elements from the grand magic games arc. Minerva, Jiemma, Gray killing Frosch, the Eclipse gate. Has any of these had some sort of satisfactory explanation or resolution?
Jan 10, 2016 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
MCAL said:
There's no point in trying to figure out anything from the Eclipse gate, because Mashima has shown consistently he has had zero idea what to do with any plot elements from the grand magic games arc. Minerva, Jiemma, Gray killing Frosch, the Eclipse gate. Has any of these had some sort of satisfactory explanation or resolution?

Minerva conclusion was okay. Otherwise trainwreck.

Its more like Mashima lost control of the plot after Tartaros.
Jan 10, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2010
Fai said:

I think he wanted to do too much at the same time and failed quite miserably. The War and the current topics should have been separate arcs, so that once he got the personal stuff out of the way, he could have concentrated fully on the war arc.
Jan 10, 2016 2:23 PM
Jan 2016
been wondering what the reason behind brandish joined the alvarez empire/ zeref's side
Jan 10, 2016 2:25 PM
Sep 2012
Fai said:
MCAL said:

I am fine with the Minerva conclusion as well. Only problem I have, is the same thing some people are saying about Aquarius this chapter which she came back to soon. I would have had her be missing after the GMG much longer. Her big reveal at the end of chapter 343 was suppose to be some sort of big deal like she is a character we haven't seen in years, when really here last appearance before that was only 21 chapters early.

That is one thing you have the anime improved on with that Eclipse Spirits arc, building a bigger time gap.
Jan 10, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
MCAL said:

Even the part where Porlyusica cured her demonization? I figured that'd be an issue with you.
Jan 10, 2016 3:45 PM

Jul 2007
AllenNoah said:
Fai said:

Even the part where Porlyusica cured her demonization? I figured that'd be an issue with you.

That's an issue with Avatar arc.
I fully expected Gray to freak out at her(come on - devilslayer magic going wonky and a half demon in presence) or something.
Jan 10, 2016 7:20 PM

Jun 2010
LOL fairy tail has just gone to hell.
What the F is going on Mashima?
I can see you're already tired of this shit, but at least put some effort when you wing it.

i think i need to take a break reading this or else i might just drop this for good.(ToT)
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 10, 2016 7:51 PM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
AllenNoah said:

That's an issue with Avatar arc.
I fully expected Gray to freak out at her(come on - devilslayer magic going wonky and a half demon in presence) or something.

That's not what I meant. According to a Q&A, Porlyusica cured her deminozation at the end of the Tartaros Arc. That's why she was normal when she got back to Sabertooth.
AllenNoahJan 10, 2016 7:56 PM
Jan 11, 2016 1:36 AM

Sep 2014
Dem mermaid outfits <3
Brandish and Aquarius interractions lul, such an M xD
Welp, that was fast, guess they're best friends now ^^
Goddammit Happy way to ruin it!
Jan 11, 2016 3:45 AM
Oct 2013
I didn´t wanna respond because everyone was writing those walls of text and the chapter was obvious to create some controversy.

1. Aquarius coming back was convenient, but at least Hiro had the dignity to not reunite them permanently out of the blue again, the sacrifice is still diminished because Aquarius is obvious to return to her.

2. It was obvious that Aquarius key would get restored somehow, because the CSK was summoned in the past as well, but as others mentioned one year is too short of a timeframe for something that was build up as a "sacrifice" 100 years would have been perfect, long enough that it would be unlikely for them to see each other consistently for funs sake.

3. That´s a personal nitpick.

Their relationship was never that deep, it was always a love-hate relationship that was nearly abusive, usually played for laughs and Hiro actually had to squeeze in some tearjerker moments just to make the sacrifice convincing.
Everyone who feels for them, more power to those people.

4. The chapter had so much out of place fanservice Brandish barking like a dog, half naked girls hugging, several assshots from Brandish (I´m sure Hiro couldn´t use a different angle there).

For the people who will defend it, I do not mind fanservice it´s just out of place, we are in a "WAR" right now, where does this all fit? It´s an all out war the tension should be high not the nudeness.

5. *Contains Ravemaster spoilers* Star memory confirmed to exist in this universe too, for those familiar with the capabilities of Star memory (this will be important because plot device for the endgame of Fairy tail).
Lucy will be the key plot device to every problem Fairy Tail will face in the future.

And Btw, called that shit!

3/5 chapter
IsterioJan 11, 2016 4:48 AM
Jan 11, 2016 4:36 AM
Nov 2015
So another female turning good. Can Hiro do something different with a female villain FOR ONCE?

And of course....a misunderstanding, who would have ever thought about that?
Typical Hiro, building up and then trolling.

And Hiro loves his fanservice. This guy should do hentai, this is the field he belongs to.
Jan 11, 2016 5:04 AM

Jun 2013
After this long, people are still gonna shit how Fairy Tail story is bad. No, it is not. It is well constructed and really interesting. Still, haters gotta hate I guess.

As for Natsu, I bet my ass he simply overexerted himself. Still, if it is something more that would be awesome. I simply can't wait to see how this will unfold.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 11, 2016 5:11 AM

Jan 2011
dam that ending natsu ....
Jan 11, 2016 6:39 AM

Aug 2014
Isterio said:
2. It was obvious that Aquarius key would get restored somehow, because the CSK was summoned in the past as well, but as others mentioned one year is too short of a timeframe for something that was build up as a "sacrifice" 100 years would have been perfect, long enough that it would be unlikely for them to see each other consistently for funs sake.

Especially when you realize that for Aquarius it's only been four days. Couldn't even be a week or a month in the Celestial World, which would be 1.75 to 7.5 years I believe (Hey look at that, another 7). That would give the sacrifice some weight.

Isterio said:
3. That´s a personal nitpick.

Their relationship was never that deep, it was always a love-hate relationship that was nearly abusive, usually played for laughs and Hiro actually had to squeeze in some tearjerker moments just to make the sacrifice convincing.
Everyone who feels for them, more power to those people.

Well, least she treated Lucy better than Brandish.

Isterio said:
4. The chapter had so much out of place fanservice Brandish barking like a dog, half naked girls hugging, several assshots from Brandish (I´m sure Hiro couldn´t use a different angle there).

For the people who will defend it, I do not mind fanservice it´s just out of place, we are in a "WAR" right now, where does this all fit? It´s an all out war the tension should be high not the nudeness.

Dude...not to defend it, but we had Battle of Naked. I think that train has sailed. Hell, what was Dimaria's big display to showcase her Spriggan power? Stripping Kagura.

Isterio said:
5. *Contains Ravemaster spoilers* Star memory confirmed to exist in this universe too, for those familiar with the capabilities of Star memory (this will be important because plot device for the endgame of Fairy tail).
Lucy will be the key plot device to every problem Fairy Tail will face in the future.

Probably won't be utilized. After all, Mavis has a mage that can summon Crux, a fortuneteller and a psychic and was still caught off guard by Zeref. If Lucy even brings up Star Memory to anyone, I'll be impressed.
Jan 11, 2016 7:11 AM

Aug 2014
Aquarius, stop ruining Brandish's image for me please lol.

But of course it had to be a misunderstanding but I'll admit, i did like the connection with Zoldeo (i totally forgot about hm)
Jan 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2014
i dont usually fanboy, but when i do. OMFG BRANDISH WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABLE? YOU LOOK LIKE A WAIFU MATERIAL!
(ps i used that word for the first time)
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jan 11, 2016 8:05 AM

Jul 2015
Lol, Aquarius tamed Brandish :D Well I do hope they become good friends with Lucy.

Oh and Happy, you ruined a happy moment :/ Shit, I should be more concerned about Natsu now... :(
Jan 11, 2016 8:09 AM
Mar 2015
Ok chapter. I think Zeref will team up with Natsu to defeat Acnologia in the end. Despite what has happened in the prevoius chapters I don't think Zeref is a bad guy.
Natsu probably just exerted himself. Even if it is something serious his plot armor will protect him. Overall 3/5.
Jan 11, 2016 8:49 AM
Oct 2013
AllenNoah said:

Isterio said:

Probably won't be utilized. After all, Mavis has a mage that can summon Crux, a fortuneteller and a psychic and was still caught off guard by Zeref. If Lucy even brings up Star Memory to anyone, I'll be impressed.

The Star memory of Rave Master had other capabilities too, and i´m willing to bet my ass on it that it´ll have the same abilities here as well.

Star memory was the plot device for everything in Rave master and it has the potential to be used here as well.
Jan 11, 2016 9:06 AM

Mar 2008
In the end I think it's fine. It would have been more surprising if Aquarius never could return. Eternally losing a key is a pretty massive thing for the whole world. Not surprising the spirit king would save that kind of loss only for the punishment of a great crime, not summoning him.

A year is a bit short, but oh well. It's still a long time for Lucy who had to spend that year accepting that she'd never see Aquarius again. All that she went through still happened.Of course personally would have saved the news that there was a new key for near the end of the series just so Lucy could have an excuse to go on her own adventure to find it and we could put off that news as long as possible.

As to Layla, well it kind of seems where they were hinting at for a long time. That she was somehow connected to the dragon slayers in some way. And certainly ended up being just that. Paid a heavy price to pull this off, but one that probably needed to be paid. The need for the dragon slayers in the future was too great.
Jan 11, 2016 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
ah...new Key has been born...and it is in Some where.... "My KEY? If you want It, SEARCH It...X) I Left it in that Place!!" wait..oops Wrong series.

So she won't return just like that, good it was because of SK power...Lucy has to find that Key if she wants it.

Wait...Brandish was Aqua's pupil? O_O What the hell....what is exactly Aqua's and Brandish relationship?

Oh, boy...So lucy will know about the Truth...about Dragon Slayers...about Zeref...and what her ancestor and Mom were part of...holy shit this turn to be bigger and bigger.

HOLY SHIT LAYLA WAS BAD ASS MAGE!!!! Lucy inherited her mothers Kindness...like Mother like a Daughter.

...this was Fall of the Zoldio huh...fell into darkness because he loved Layla her master that much huh. and her death broke him.. did not expect that.

NATSU!?!
JarjaxleJan 11, 2016 11:26 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 11, 2016 11:26 AM

Jan 2015
Fai said:

Even Grand Magic Games did not feel this awful.

lol Let's not get crazy here, I know this arc hasn't been that great so far but GMG was a special type of awful that can't be beat....Avatar came close though.

So, I honestly have nothing to say about this chapter....everything was kinda predictable, even Zoldio killing Brandish's mother. I'm just relieved Aquarius isn't back permanently.
Does anyone else find Brandish being reverted a little too soon and forced by the way? Like, I feel like there was really no reason for her to be reverted to the good guy side. Yeah sure, the whole thing was a misunderstanding but....I don't know, I just would've preferred them keep her as some sort of rival to Lucy.
Jan 11, 2016 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Holy fuck. Mashima what have you done to Brandish?

She was the complete enigma of this arc. Badass. Cool, calm, collective. Fearsome. Intimidating. Laid back. She's the reason why I'm still reading this manga. She's the reason why absolutely everyone here was so hyped for this arc at the beginning, when the Spriggan 12 was first introduced.

Now she's... this? Literally ever since the Lucy and Brandish plot line initiated, her character is dropping bit by bit. She's slowly losing her original charm. The Spriggan 12 are absolute trash and didn't live up to their name. Natsu is being dumb as per usual. This is a fucking war yet it feels like no one is dying. The atmosphere feels like every single other arc.

It's weird, but I'd expect learning MORE about a character (Brandish) would advance them forward, make them more interesting. But, she's regressing? She's moving backwards...

Where are my Tower of Heaven arcs? Tartaros arcs? Possibly Edolas arcs? A shame, really.
"Hi!"
Jan 11, 2016 12:21 PM

Aug 2014
ExtraCheeky said:
Now she's... this? Literally ever since the Lucy and Brandish plot line initiated, her character is dropping bit by bit. She's slowly losing her original charm. The Spriggan 12 are absolute trash and didn't live up to their name. Natsu is being dumb as per usual. This is a fucking war yet it feels like no one is dying. The atmosphere feels like every single other arc.

I think that's the issue I have with this "war" compared to the Tartaros Arc. There's a distinct lack of tension and suspense here. I mean, last chapter Badd shot Beth from Mermaid Heel dead on with a rocket, and no one even entertains the possibility of her or the nameless fodder that were also hit being dead. Not to mention we've had three Spriggans lose already and not a single one has actually achieved anything this war.

I'll say what I said after they fended off the first wave: When you have a background character shout "What now, Zeref?" and get no repercussions for it I can't help but feel something is wrong.
Jan 11, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
So looks like the happy moment was ruined by Happy's moment. Oh well
Jan 11, 2016 1:20 PM
Dec 2010
wait , if Aquarius knew all along the true history , why she didn't tell anyone ?
Jan 11, 2016 2:22 PM

Oct 2014
Everyone in here keeps wondering what's wrong with Natsu. Did people forget that Zeref shot the book of END with a beam of sorts. It's finally happening.

Also, I'm really hoping Brandish joins Fairy Tail but knowing Mashima, he'll end up making her join Crime Sorcerie or some bullshit to retcon here out of the story in the end.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jan 11, 2016 5:12 PM

Mar 2011
ExtraCheeky said:
Holy fuck. Mashima what have you done to Brandish?

What do you mean?

She was the complete enigma of this arc. Badass. Cool, calm, collective. Fearsome. Intimidating. Laid back.

Really? She seemed like a total snobby bitch to me.

She's the reason why I'm still reading this manga. She's the reason why absolutely everyone here was so hyped for this arc at the beginning, when the Spriggan 12 was first introduced.

Everyone? Speak for yourself mate. She was my 12th most interesting among the spriggans. Hell I'm much more interested in the two newest additions one being the deathbringer and the one that just doesn't give a fuck. Not to mention Wahl is a total badass firing canon and missiles from kilos afar. And the wizard that knows everything??? And the X-god of ishval? And the sword-chick?

Now she's... this? Literally ever since the Lucy and Brandish plot line initiated, her character is dropping bit by bit. She's slowly losing her original charm.

I'll aggree on this one.

The Spriggan 12 are absolute trash and didn't live up to their name.

How are they trash when only one of them has been defeated so far and 2 of them are soloing the whole of Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel?

Natsu is being dumb as per usual.

By being half-dead?

This is a fucking war yet it feels like no one is dying. The atmosphere feels like every single other arc.

Aggreed on the first but not on the 2nd. Zeref's revelation alone made this different.

Where are my Tower of Heaven arcs? Tartaros arcs? Possibly Edolas arcs? A shame, really.

Right where you left them.
Arround
Ch.60, ch.370. ch. 160. Hope that helps.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jan 11, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
ExtraCheeky said:

I think that's the issue I have with this "war" compared to the Tartaros Arc. There's a distinct lack of tension and suspense here. I mean, last chapter Badd shot Beth from Mermaid Heel dead on with a rocket, and no one even entertains the possibility of her or the nameless fodder that were also hit being dead. Not to mention we've had three Spriggans lose already and not a single one has actually achieved anything this war.

I'll say what I said after they fended off the first wave: When you have a background character shout "What now, Zeref?" and get no repercussions for it I can't help but feel something is wrong.

Three spriggans? ARe you seriously considering Wahl's puppet as a spriggan? The only one who was actually defeated and even that is not fully certain, he might come back, is Ajeel
Jan 11, 2016 7:21 PM
Jan 2016
I think you guys are a bit misleaded with the hidden sub plot. If Layla fulfilled her mission doesn't that mean she managed to send someone into the future who has the potential to beat acnologia. This person must have been important enough for her to sacrifice her life for.

And before you are wondering what happened to natsu didn't Aquarius want to tell lucy one more thing?
Jan 11, 2016 8:53 PM

May 2012
I guess Im the only one emotional in this ch..

Jan 11, 2016 9:19 PM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

Three spriggans? ARe you seriously considering Wahl's puppet as a spriggan? The only one who was actually defeated and even that is not fully certain, he might come back, is Ajeel

It was created via his magic, had magical power comparable to that of Brandish and Azir, plus it was heavily implied to have been directly controlled by him (he was apparently talking like the robot before switching back), so I feel like it's only far to count it. As for Azir, even if he comes back that doesn't mean he didn't lose. I mean, Jackal, Tempesta and Seilah came back after their initial defeats, did that negate those loses? Also, why doesn't Brandish count?
Jan 12, 2016 1:55 AM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

It was created via his magic, had magical power comparable to that of Brandish and Azir, plus it was heavily implied to have been directly controlled by him (he was apparently talking like the robot before switching back), so I feel like it's only far to count it. As for Azir, even if he comes back that doesn't mean he didn't lose. I mean, Jackal, Tempesta and Seilah came back after their initial defeats, did that negate those loses? Also, why doesn't Brandish count?

It was created via his magic but then he went to showcase much more impressive magic. You can't count the puppet as a spriggan. It didn't cost Wahl anything and he actually managed to do the most damage by crippling most of the Raijinshu before it was destroyed not to mention learning valuable intel during the exchange. Wahl came out on top in that encounter by proxy
Jan 12, 2016 2:13 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

Brandish took a bath, got knocked out, strangled, turned into Lucy's pet doggy.
Ajeel got teamrocketed by "Because She's Erza"
Wahl's main ability got rekt by fucking Ichiya....
Another spriggan is too busy cutting clothes off people instead of doing anything that actually matters.

Now let me remind you that each of those people are supposed to rival ten wizard saints in power....

Yet, I am sorry but so far they feel more like "filler enemy guild of the week" moments in the anime adaptation than a genuine threat. Especially after how efficient and ruthless Tartaros was. By this far into Tartaros, we already had people like Jackal blowing up the council and destroying things, etc, laxus down, Mira and Erza kidnapped, Erza tortured, etc.

Magnolia's stills standing, nothing on note has happened, yet brandish already got humiliated and turned into a joke and Lucy already lost her entire plot(should have guessed that when Lucy's "major fight" ended up being a bath and then knocking brandish out with fucking cana), not to mention her character development("let's free the person who can destroy islands and hates my guts because we took a bath!!~ Hi Aquarius!")

Dare I say, this feels no different from Avatar "arc"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.