Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 2016 2:27 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Three spriggans? ARe you seriously considering Wahl's puppet as a spriggan? The only one who was actually defeated and even that is not fully certain, he might come back, is Ajeel

Brandish took a bath, got knocked out, strangled, turned into Lucy's pet doggy.
Ajeel got teamrocketed by "Because She's Erza"
Wahl's main ability got rekt by fucking Ichiya....
Another spriggan is too busy cutting clothes off people instead of doing anything that actually matters.

Now let me remind you that each of those people are supposed to rival ten wizard saints in power....

Yet, I am sorry but so far they feel more like "filler enemy guild of the week" moments in the anime adaptation than a genuine threat. Especially after how efficient and ruthless Tartaros was. By this far into Tartaros, we already had people like Jackal blowing up the council and destroying things, etc, laxus down, Mira and Erza kidnapped, Erza tortured, etc.

Magnolia's stills standing, nothing on note has happened, yet brandish already got humiliated and turned into a joke and Lucy already lost her entire plot(should have guessed that when Lucy's "major fight" ended up being a bath and then knocking brandish out with fucking cana), not to mention her character development("let's free the person who can destroy islands and hates my guts because we took a bath!!~ Hi Aquarius!")

Dare I say, this feels no different from Avatar "arc"

Wahl's main ability? That was the puppet's main ability. Look at the freakin cannon he shot at Fairy Tail. You do not count a remote controled puppet gettign destroyed as defeating Wahl when everything he's done since has done WAY MORE DAMAGE
Jan 12, 2016 3:13 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

Brandish took a bath, got knocked out, strangled, turned into Lucy's pet doggy.
Ajeel got teamrocketed by "Because She's Erza"
Wahl's main ability got rekt by fucking Ichiya....
Another spriggan is too busy cutting clothes off people instead of doing anything that actually matters.

Now let me remind you that each of those people are supposed to rival ten wizard saints in power....

Yet, I am sorry but so far they feel more like "filler enemy guild of the week" moments in the anime adaptation than a genuine threat. Especially after how efficient and ruthless Tartaros was. By this far into Tartaros, we already had people like Jackal blowing up the council and destroying things, etc, laxus down, Mira and Erza kidnapped, Erza tortured, etc.

Magnolia's stills standing, nothing on note has happened, yet brandish already got humiliated and turned into a joke and Lucy already lost her entire plot(should have guessed that when Lucy's "major fight" ended up being a bath and then knocking brandish out with fucking cana), not to mention her character development("let's free the person who can destroy islands and hates my guts because we took a bath!!~ Hi Aquarius!")

Dare I say, this feels no different from Avatar "arc"

Wahl's main ability? That was the puppet's main ability. Look at the freakin cannon he shot at Fairy Tail. You do not count a remote controled puppet gettign destroyed as defeating Wahl when everything he's done since has done WAY MORE DAMAGE

You mean the shot that got trolled by FT fodder members? That's even worse lol.
Jan 12, 2016 3:15 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

You mean the shot that got trolled by FT fodder members? That's even worse lol.

It got trolled? =_= the christina was destroyed and they could have really used that against the army that's rolling over to them like a wave so that's one less powerful weapon at FT's disposal. You're just extremely cynical =_=. In every encounter with Wahl, the Fairy Tail side lost some of their fighting power. First the Raijinshu and then Christina. Meanwhile Wahl himself is untouched. Heck he didn't even get in a fight with anyone on the Fairy Tail side and no the expendable puppet DOES NOT count. Considering that he's actually done the best out of the Spriggan.

Wahl can always just make the cannon again and fire another shot and then the guild would be vaporized. But he's busy fighting in Hargeon right now.
Darklight0303Jan 12, 2016 3:18 AM
Jan 12, 2016 4:11 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:

Wahl can always just make the cannon again and fire another shot and then the guild would be vaporized. But he's busy fighting in Hargeon right now.

that kind of describes the problem with this arc.

The so called "strongest wizards of the world" COULD be causing actual damage and showing why this is a war, but majority of them just end up fucking around or even worse, barking like dogs(yes this whole trainwreck with brandish makes it incredibly hard to take this arc seriously)

It would be "meh" if we did not have Tartaros arc where a far less powerful force actually managed to make a lot more impact than a whole continent so far.
AhenshihaelJan 12, 2016 4:16 AM
Jan 12, 2016 4:18 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

The so called "strongest wizards of the world" COULD be causing actual damage and showing why this is a war, but majority of them just end up fucking around or even worse, barking like dogs(yes this whole trainwreck with brandish makes it incredibly hard to take this arc seriously)

It would be "meh" if we did not have Tartaros arc where a far less powerful force actually managed to make a lot more impact than a whole continent so far.

Tartaros didn't nuke Bosco off the face of the map.

Dimaria isn't messing up and Wahl has yet to be genuinely threatened by anyone. Then there's the guy Yukino met with who has been killing her guildies left and right apparently. You are jumping to conclusions before this arc has even started in earnest.

Brandish became an uncertainty the moment she started going wobbly lipped over a destroyed stand. Doesn't matter how cool she acted after that, it was her true character at the core.
Jan 12, 2016 5:22 AM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Dimaria isn't messing up and Wahl has yet to be genuinely threatened by anyone. Then there's the guy Yukino met with who has been killing her guildies left and right apparently. You are jumping to conclusions before this arc has even started in earnest.

Brandish became an uncertainty the moment she started going wobbly lipped over a destroyed stand. Doesn't matter how cool she acted after that, it was her true character at the core.

Gotta give credit where it belongs he is right with everything he said during this discussion.

It´s debateable how valueable Christina is as I think it´s become a running gag since she gets destroyed every arc they face any sort of danger immediately, starting with Oracion seis, that horse has more lives than a cat.

However outside of Brandish turning out to actually be the predictable goofball she was introduced as in the first chapter we saw her and Ajeel losing nothing is set in stone yet. Overall it was mentioned how they conquered several cities and killed countless fodder, we just don´t know all those guys so it doesnt matter.
IsterioJan 12, 2016 5:54 AM
Jan 12, 2016 5:51 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

They did nuke Fairy Tail/Magnolia itself however, which is more important than a city that we've never seen and was only mentioned once. And the only reason that didn't work is because Cana met Sho offpanel and he said "Wanna see a magic trick?"
Jan 12, 2016 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

They did nuke Fairy Tail/Magnolia itself however, which is more important than a city that we've never seen and was only mentioned once. And the only reason that didn't work is because Cana met Sho offpanel and he said "Wanna see a magic trick?"

Bosco is not a city. It's an entire kingdom

Darklight0303Jan 12, 2016 9:41 AM
Jan 12, 2016 9:52 AM

Mar 2011
Sooo Arakitashia is USA?
(XD) Subtle, very subtle.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jan 12, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2008
Kanic said:
Sooo Arakitashia is USA?

Hahaha yeah seems so.
Jan 12, 2016 11:57 AM

Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
AllenNoah said:

Interesting. Where's that from?
Also, my point still stands that it's a place we've never seen and know nothing about besides they practice human trafficking (or a really aggressive modelling industry) over there. Without knowledge of its military or mage calibur I can't see destroying Bosco as an impressive feat.. It was shocking, for sure, but it didn't make me think "Albareth ain't nuthin' to fuck with," know what I mean?

Kanic said:
Sooo Arakitashia is USA?

I figured it was supposed to be the Middle East at first.
Jan 12, 2016 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
AllenNoah said:
Darklight0303 said:

Interesting. Where's that from?
Also, my point still stands that it's a place we've never seen and know nothing about besides they practice human trafficking (or a really aggressive modelling industry) over there. Without knowledge of its military or mage calibur I can't see destroying Bosco as an impressive feat.. It was shocking, for sure, but it didn't make me think "Albareth ain't nuthin' to fuck with," know what I mean?

Kanic said:
Sooo Arakitashia is USA?

I figured it was supposed to be the Middle East at first.

It's from one of the earlier Tankoubon volumes. Just someone colored it.

That is all baseless nitpicking on your part at this point.
Jan 12, 2016 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:

That is all baseless nitpicking on your part at this point.

Not really. Its just a pointless hype.

There's a difference between changing or destroying something that matters to narrative and a hype talk. Inventing a country and destroying it is a hype talk.
We never saw that place, that place never mattered, for all intents and purposes it does not exist within the narrative - just in the lore.
Bosco started and stopped existing the moment it was destroyed.

Its no different than the claim that Nirvana was more dangerous than Dragon/Human war or "army of dragons ending an alternate future". In those cases hype was bigger than an impact, but impact WAS there.

Tartaros was something on other hand that had both hype and impact - lore-wise they were hyped up books of zeref, while narrative-wise they destroyed council(something that was there since the start of the manga), led to the breaking of aquarius key, inflicted mental damage to Erza by bringing up her memories of her torture, caused Gray's obsession with END, not to mention indirectly leading to deaths of all the dragon slayer parents and destruction of FT's guild building.

In this case, hype was built up and the spriggans have yet to do anything that matters. Everything they did was just random comedic bs(ex: Brandish) or got Erza'd or got dealt with by fodder. We get it, they each of them can match 10 saints, they destroyed a country, they have huge army, blah blah. Lore checks out. Narrative wise? One took a bath, one flew to the moon, one started stripping people. Wow, such stakes...

They should have at least destroyed Magnolia or killed off Blue Pegasus or defeated Erza(yea right, like that would happen) or something. Something that could theoretically stick and raise the stakes to the war. None of that happened. We had two of them be dealt in completely bullshit fashion and third is literally cutting people's clothes off(instead of you know murdering Kagura or killing off those around Kagura and raising the stakes? It IS war)

This is it - the confrontation between two continents, the hyped up dragon king festival, the war with wizards that are above ten wizard saints in power, the war against country that everyone in the continent feared(even tho it was never mentioned before this arc but hey...)...and yet it feels more like anime original filler arc than a thrilling confrontation that will change the face of the world... Between avatar's fodder marching upon that town and this? I frankly see no real difference.
AhenshihaelJan 12, 2016 4:15 PM
Jan 13, 2016 4:07 AM

Nov 2015
It was fantastic how Natsu was knocked the fuck out. Wonder which hero did that much damage to him. Terrible state he's in ftw ;D

Darklight0303 said:
Lucasloco91 said:
I really don't give a shit about lucy and her mother, just give Gray more screen time.

Hahahahahahah fuck no

Hahahaha fuck yes. Atleast it would be much better than giving Natsu the plotneel more screentime for his BS.

Lucasloco91 said:
I really don't give a shit about lucy and her mother, just give Gray more screen time.

Agreed man. Gray needs more screentime and focus. Hes Much better character than these so called number one main characters.
Jan 13, 2016 4:08 AM

Nov 2015
Nuvi said:
I'm dropping my score for FT, these last 2 chapters were garbage. Thank god we're finally done with Brandish for now.

Lucasloco91 said:
And you think Gray is better? Honestly his backstory isn't even good when compared to Mavis' backstory.

Way better duh, it's not even a fair comparison at all in terms of depth.

1)Gray's backstory is one of the best in this series, arguably better than Mavis's.
2)His comment has nothing to do with backstory and more to do with screentime if you bothered to read properly.

Give your head a shake for even posting such rubbish cringe worthy content.
Rex_ConnorJan 13, 2016 4:13 AM
Jan 13, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2011
Fai said:

There's a difference between changing or destroying something that matters to narrative and a hype talk. Inventing a country and destroying it is a hype talk.
We never saw that place, that place never mattered, for all intents and purposes it does not exist within the narrative - just in the lore.

Its no different than the claim that Nirvana was more dangerous than Dragon/Human war or "army of dragons ending an alternate future". In those cases hype was bigger than an impact, but impact WAS there.

Tartaros was something on other hand that had both hype and impact - lore-wise they were hyped up books of zeref, while narrative-wise they destroyed council(something that was there since the start of the manga), led to the breaking of aquarius key, inflicted mental damage to Erza by bringing up her memories of her torture, caused Gray's obsession with END, not to mention indirectly leading to deaths of all the dragon slayer parents and destruction of FT's guild building.

Completely aggree up to this point but....

In this case, hype was built up and the spriggans have yet to do anything that matters. Everything they did was just random comedic bs(ex: Brandish) or got Erza'd or got dealt with by fodder. We get it, they each of them can match 10 saints, they destroyed a country, they have huge army, blah blah. Lore checks out. Narrative wise? One took a bath, one flew to the moon, one started stripping people. Wow, such stakes...

They should have at least destroyed Magnolia or killed off Blue Pegasus or defeated Erza(yea right, like that would happen) or something. Something that could theoretically stick and raise the stakes to the war. None of that happened. We had two of them be dealt in completely bullshit fashion and third is literally cutting people's clothes off(instead of you know murdering Kagura or killing off those around Kagura and raising the stakes? It IS war)

This is it - the confrontation between two continents, the hyped up dragon king festival, the war with wizards that are above ten wizard saints in power, the war against country that everyone in the continent feared(even tho it was never mentioned before this arc but hey...)...and yet it feels more like anime original filler arc than a thrilling confrontation that will change the face of the world... Between avatar's fodder marching upon that town and this? I frankly see no real difference.

I will aggree with Darklight that this war hasn't begun in earnest. And quite frankly Azeel was stomping Erza if it wasn't for Bisca/Jupiter. His sand world wichi engulfed the whole city was , in part, showing and not telling. I mean we don't even have the full list of the spriggans yet. I do aggree that Brandish and her girlfriend though were handled pretty miserably buuut.. imagine the knight-chick murdering Brandish for turning to FT. Maybe not that much of an impact but I'm half-expecting it.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jan 13, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2007
Kanic said:

I will aggree with Darklight that this war hasn't begun in earnest. And quite frankly Azeel was stomping Erza if it wasn't for Bisca/Jupiter. His sand world wichi engulfed the whole city was , in part, showing and not telling. I mean we don't even have the full list of the spriggans yet. I do aggree that Brandish and her girlfriend though were handled pretty miserably buuut.. imagine the knight-chick murdering Brandish for turning to FT. Maybe not that much of an impact but I'm half-expecting it.

And I am just comparing what we have now. Tartaros arc "started" with them blowing up the council and sending half the FT to the hospital even before the actual arc got going. Before first Demon Gate fell, they already did a lot that makes them look dangerous and ups the stakes.
With Spriggan we already have "war going on" through whole place, we already have two out of three defeated(and one in completely humiliating character destroying fashion) and yet we have nothing that would make them a threat.

Am I hoping I am wrong and they DO end up doing a come back or something(ex: would it not be cool is Brandish did 180 and started blaming dragonslayers for deaths of both layla and her mother?)? Sure I am.

But with Avatar "arc", gray whitewashing, Aquarius coming back and Lucy's development and sacrifice being undone, and Lucy's plot being cut short for sake of Natsu and Gray's(with her mother literally ending up a plot device) and Brandish being turned to a fucking doggy and Ajeel getting teamrocketed and Any sort of damage to Magnolia being null and void, let's just say my hopes are lowering with every chapter.
Jan 13, 2016 7:42 AM

Aug 2014
Kanic said:
Fai said:

Completely aggree up to this point but....

For an ultimate trump card, Azir's Sand World was more flash than substance to me. I mean, what exactly did it do besides set up Bradish's allergy attack? The actual storm itself didn't damage anyone/anything despite the hype of it enveloping the entire town and the excuse of it caused Erza fear since she couldn't see rings hollow when you remember that the last major fight she was in she was unable to see, hear, smell, taste and feel anything but pain and showed no such fear/hesitation. Also, the guy still proved to be unable to finish or even deal significant damage to Erza when Marin was cancelling her power.
Jan 13, 2016 8:16 PM
Nov 2015
I get why people are upset about Aquarius coming back, but when you think about it, it's completely logical for her key to reform. To open the eclipse doors, a celestial spirit Mage would need the keys of all 12 zodiacs, and this door was crucial to a plan that could span for who knows how long. The ability for the keys to reform was an important factor for the likelihood of the plan succeeding. Also, it is a zodiac key, 12 of a kind. Eventually they all would probably be lost forever if once they broke they could never recover. I think Mashima should've just kept Aquarius out and kept her "dead" anyway though because it was good character development for Lucy.
Jan 14, 2016 2:03 AM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
Kanic said:

And I am just comparing what we have now. Tartaros arc "started" with them blowing up the council and sending half the FT to the hospital even before the actual arc got going. Before first Demon Gate fell, they already did a lot that makes them look dangerous and ups the stakes.
With Spriggan we already have "war going on" through whole place, we already have two out of three defeated(and one in completely humiliating character destroying fashion) and yet we have nothing that would make them a threat.

Am I hoping I am wrong and they DO end up doing a come back or something(ex: would it not be cool is Brandish did 180 and started blaming dragonslayers for deaths of both layla and her mother?)? Sure I am.

But with Avatar "arc", gray whitewashing, Aquarius coming back and Lucy's development and sacrifice being undone, and Lucy's plot being cut short for sake of Natsu and Gray's(with her mother literally ending up a plot device) and Brandish being turned to a fucking doggy and Ajeel getting teamrocketed and Any sort of damage to Magnolia being null and void, let's just say my hopes are lowering with every chapter.

>Mentions Avatar arc's flaws

>Doesn't include Natsu's rubbish asspull victories over Bluenote and War God

toplelfail

Atleast have the decency to be consistent more so than using your own Natsu fanboy favouritism over objectivity heh

>States Lucy's plot was short and taken by Natsu/Gray?

Do you compute with what you said?
Jan 14, 2016 4:40 AM

Mar 2015
That Mermaido appearance O o O

Aquarius return was temporary, okay.
Jan 14, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
- Aquarius is still alive....

- Aquarius from the beginning knows about THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN THE SERIES....... so random.....

- where exactly Layla open the Gate? Just bullshit.

- if keys are so important then why the hell Layla gave someone keys? Just a plot device for her death.

1/5

New year...same old Fairy Tail.
Jan 14, 2016 3:45 PM

Aug 2014
Speaking of Layla and the Gate: Does anyone have a raw of Leo and Caprico/Zoldeo's fight? I recall it saying Capricorn had disappeared for 18 yrs, but that would contradict this chapter (Layla was able you use Capricorn's key and Zoldeo's in his original body), so my theory is that it was a typo and that he was gone for 8 yrs, which would put Capricorn's possession around the time of Layla's death.
Jan 17, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
I really hope Aquarius tells us what she was about to say.. and i didn't see that coming at the end with natsu, is it because Zeref damaged the book or both power and the book.
That wound shouldn't have healed so easily it was a pretty big hole for a book :p

Does Natsu even function normally when zeref erased some rules about natsu himself with his shot 0.0 (Probably healed the book, or just damaged natsu only, don't think he would go so far as to say because this rule is erased natsu can/can't use:.... that would be even more random as that shot to the arm: you are a member of Fairy Tail! ;O shoots at arm> see i just put this emblem on your shoulder but i tell you you always where a member.. no really!
Apr 22, 2016 2:12 AM

Feb 2016
I think brandish gonna join fairy tail
Sep 25, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2016
NOOOO freaking way!! Anna Heartfilia??! What /well after hearing befor by zeref that she was a celestial mage u could only guess. but WHAT! hottie and looka like to lucy as well. :3 (sweetlooking mermaid outfits <3)
So as expected.. Layla didn't kill Brandish's mom,(thb i agree with Aquarius on this one, i mean i dont think Layla could kill anyone and specially her own servants..)but it was Zoldeo, you insanely dead bastard... :(
Have a really bad feeling for Natsu...how was he hurt so bad?The book?? i bett its zeref!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 6, 2016 6:16 PM

Dec 2015
Haha I can only imagine what Brandish had to go through with Aquarius lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 10, 2017 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
So who is Zodio again......
Aug 15, 2018 10:52 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, Brandish is Aquarius's pet!
The guy who killed her mother has to be that lame guy's father.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.