Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2016 10:38 PM

Aug 2014
I'm so hyped I hope it doesn't suck and I wonder how many episodes its going to be.
Jan 7, 2016 10:51 PM

Jun 2012

I'm thrilled...
No really...
Absolutely thrilled...
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jan 7, 2016 10:53 PM

Apr 2015
"As a sourcefag purist." Go read the VN you filthy secondary.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 10:55 PM
Jan 2013
I expect at least 11 "IGIARI!" per episode thanks
gone bai bai
Jan 7, 2016 10:55 PM

Feb 2013
Please don't end up like Danganronpa.

Has there actually been an Anime based off a non-VN game franchise that was well rated?
Persona the Animation and the Tale of series were pretty underwhelming.

Edit- Yeah Ace Atourney is kinda a VN but the point still stands, especially because of God Eater.
Jan 7, 2016 10:56 PM

Aug 2014
I expect it to be 12-13 ep (like most stuff at this point)

I haven't played the VN, but great from what I hear so I'm definitely excited to see it.
Jan 7, 2016 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
eturnity said:
Please don't end up like Danganronpa.

Has there actually been an Anime based off a non-VN game franchise that was well rated?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/267/Gungrave
Just skip the first episode

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 7, 2016 11:03 PM

Mar 2014
With Yuki Kaiji as Phoenix Wright and Blue Whatsherface as Mayoi?

I am terribly sorry but no not really
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 7, 2016 11:05 PM

Mar 2015
Do I need to read the source material to understand it and to post in the subforum?
Jan 7, 2016 11:13 PM

Jul 2013
I'm so used to the english name, hearing the jap names in the anime will be weird. That aside, I am going to watch it and I hope its actually good.
Jan 7, 2016 11:16 PM

Jul 2009
I'm gonna keep my excitement in check, especially after how UBW's adaptation was handled last year. But hey, Capcom's Sengoku basara anime turned out to be surprisingly decent so hopefully they'll pull it off again with Phoenix Wright.
Jan 7, 2016 11:35 PM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion
Jan 7, 2016 11:46 PM

Nov 2013
I already lost my hype when I knew A-1 is the studio.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 7, 2016 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
Luxun said:
It doesn't even matter because A1 is a good studio.

Yuki Kaji though...
Jan 8, 2016 12:08 AM

Nov 2013
Mayuka said:
Luxun said:
It doesn't even matter because A1 is a good studio.

Yuki Kaji though...

I'm not complaining about the art or animation quality, I just haven't any great experience with the studio. Although I'll watch it whatever happens.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Jan 8, 2016 12:13 PM
Jun 2013
I'm replaying Justice for All right now(sadly now its time for the circus case), so I'm as hyped as I can be.
Jan 8, 2016 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
Comic_Sans said:
With Yuki Kaiji as Phoenix Wright and Blue Whatsherface as Mayoi?
I am terribly sorry but no not really
what do you mean??
Jan 8, 2016 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
Hype only ever leads to disappointment. I'm expecting it to suck.
Jan 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Aug 2014
ChairmanLmao said:
Hype only ever leads to disappointment. I'm expecting it to suck.
I guess u have a very good point
Jan 10, 2016 9:38 PM
Aug 2010
The Ace Attorney games are my favorite... So I'm hoping it won't be rushed, but I know I'll enjoy seeing the story animated even if it doesn't meet my expectations.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Jan 10, 2016 9:40 PM

Nov 2014
It can't be worse than a Movie and the movie was Good/Fine

Jan 17, 2016 2:26 AM

Jan 2014
I just started to get into this game so (almost finished the first 1) so i like it as it is now
Jan 24, 2016 12:15 AM

Dec 2013
My favorite DS game series of all time being animated?
Of course I'm hyped as hell.
This is the one anime I'm really looking forward to along with Rewrite anime.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jan 27, 2016 3:50 PM
Oct 2015
Looking foward to when Phoenix cross-examines the parrot :P
Mar 15, 2016 7:30 PM

Feb 2016
Fingers crossed they dont mess this up
Mar 20, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2011
I'm a little hyped solely because I like the games. Just hoping it turns out to be good... will be weird with the japanese names
Mar 21, 2016 6:28 AM

Sep 2009
Even if i wasn't okay with Phoenix Wright's voice at first, tried to avoid myself by don't judging a book by it's cover but now... i think i'm right. His unfitting voice will be a problem for me forever, dammit. =_=

don't ever mention about simple and cheap art though

Mar 21, 2016 8:36 AM

Apr 2015
Holy shit, it's Ace Attorney anime! I'm not going to miss it
Mar 21, 2016 8:52 AM

Nov 2012
This shit getting a anime is like a dream come true. Still it's very easy to mess up game adaptions. I'm going to pray to got ever night for the hype being it real.
Mar 25, 2016 7:40 PM

Feb 2015
look i love the game! i think its great but... to be honest i think the anime is gonna totally Titanic... for one the animation looks, really bad, especially for 2016, i mean look at One Punch Man, id expect more.... the Trailer gave off a feel, a feel saying that its gonna be boring and long with no plot... That game is kinda like that as well in terms of ideas, no plot you can really grab to... so my hopes are as high as Levi's height
Mar 25, 2016 8:29 PM
Jan 2016
Kaneki-Uta said:
look i love the game! i think its great but... to be honest i think the anime is gonna totally Titanic... for one the animation looks, really bad, especially for 2016, i mean look at One Punch Man, id expect more.... the Trailer gave off a feel, a feel saying that its gonna be boring and long with no plot... That game is kinda like that as well in terms of ideas, no plot you can really grab to... so my hopes are as high as Levi's height

What do you mean by "no plot"? The trilogy is one giant story about the Fey family, and even though the anime adapts the first two games, the second game's ending can be a really nice conclusion to the series. Although we should hope that this adaptation is not going to mess up in terms of pacing and we shouldn't be discouraged by its "bad" animation. Look at Baby Steps for example, it has way worse animation than the trailer but it is interesting and has realistic plot.
Mar 25, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2014
hedla12 said:
Kaneki-Uta said:

What do you mean by "no plot"? The trilogy is one giant story about the Fey family, and even though the anime adapts the first two games, the second game's ending can be a really nice conclusion to the series. Although we should hope that this adaptation is not going to mess up in terms of pacing and we shouldn't be discouraged by its "bad" animation. Look at Baby Steps for example, it has way worse animation than the trailer but it is interesting and has realistic plot.

I disagree with the second game ending being a good point to end it. Of course if it's announced that the third game will be adapted later on (either in 1-cour or perhaps in another 2-cour session that adapts PH:TT and AP:AA), then I could live with it. But it would be quite a shame if we never see 17 cups of coffee animated. Also I really think the 3 first games simply belong together, so, again, leaving out 1 of them would really be a shame.
Grey-ZoneMar 25, 2016 8:51 PM
Mar 25, 2016 8:59 PM

Feb 2015
@Grey-Zone

look bro i do agree with you in that sense... just overall i do find the game plot to be in a way.... not that interesting? I mean im crazy perceptive so i see all the holes in everything so i can be bored with many animes/mangas/games/... i just think (just speculating from the trailer) that this anime will be... just another one to add to the mountain of animes in which never got that recognized because they werent... original... hell im a sucker for CSI/police/investigation stuff i mean Psycho Pass man... amazing.... but you know Psycho Pass if known for be crazy, high strung, original and amazing overall... but this... looks.... so.... plain.... but i gotta admit im picky on animation, due to the fact im an artist, i just cant look past it XD i enjoyed the game but in personal opinion the plot etc were, nothing new to me.... i think i watch to much CSI
Mar 30, 2016 5:13 PM
Feb 2016
I played the nintendo games so I'm hype for it. But I don't expect much since games turned anime are much harder to do than a manga turned anime.
Apr 1, 2016 3:27 AM

Jul 2008
I hope the show is good, something different this season at least :D
Apr 1, 2016 5:44 AM

Apr 2012
Has been a PW fan for like at least 7 years
I just hope that the actual thing will look better than how it seemed in the PV and not give out a huge trainwreck aura
I wonder why they decide to adapt 2 games though
It's weird to end at that case :o
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 1, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
It's a fact that the art and animation look really cheap and mediocre for 2016. The AA games are my favorite games in the whole wide world and I'm kinda bummed out because of that.

But when it comes to things that I really like, I take the place of the proud mother, you know? Any role that my son gets in the play, whether is tree #3 or the main protagonist, will make me proud and I'll happily watch it.

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Apr 1, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
as an Ace Attorney fan I don't like that PV and most game adaptations already sucks anyway even with ufotable animation. I'll still watch but I'm expecting it to be just fine at best and I love the games.
They'll adapt the 2nd game at least, the cases there are much more interesting than the 1st, specially the last one.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 1, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2012
Wow after so many years, I'll definitely see this no matter how bad it turned out. I hope they'll make it until Trials & Tribulations, I really wanna see those cases animated because it's my favorites. And maybe animated the sequel Apollo Justice too, so many mysteries there regarding the previous main characters.

I'm used to "Objection!!!" but I'm fine with the original "Igi Ari!!!" too.

And for those who haven't play Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series, play it on NDS or emulator because it's great games and series. I suggested you to play also Miles Edgeworth/Gyakuten Kenji series too, don't worry those games had been translated in english ^‿‿^
Apr 2, 2016 1:34 AM

Jun 2011
I don't give a damn how shitty and rushed this adaptation will turn out.
I have played the VN and it started my interest in anime.
I know for sure that goofy moments will look awkard as fuck and it may turn some people off.
If this adaptation cuts some content which I know it will. I wouldn't mind as long as epic scenes are kept uncut.
Apr 2, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
Well I was gonna watch this, but after seeing the OP... it's a pass

Right now all I'd really want is a (good) anime adaptation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2.
Apr 2, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
It was hilarious when they give a 'magic power' oomph when Phoenix screams Objections! I'm looking forward for the breakdown of each suspect's cases like Manfred's!
Apr 2, 2016 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
How did this go from being rated 8.5 to being rated lower than Trigger Shit season 3? I can only assume that this anime royally screwed up in some way.
Apr 2, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
How did this go from being rated 8.5 to being rated lower than Trigger Shit season 3? I can only assume that this anime royally screwed up in some way.

For some reason game purists are mad that a certain scene where a villain throws his wig at the main character was cut out... meanwhile I couldn't even remember that scene, but it seems for some that scene is like some kind of deity and removing it is to those purists like "heresy" against their sacred wig throw scene.

Honestly, that scene in the original game was stupid and I am glad it's gone.
Apr 2, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
zombie_pegasus said:

Animation quality and that the first case was extremely simple.
Apr 2, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Animation quality and that the first case was extremely simple.

The people who say this better only be those who haven't played the game yet. Because anyone else should know that the first case was never complicated. It was never even about finding out who did it. They tell you who did it right from the get go. The point is to prove it - that's often the case in the whole series. More often than not it's easy to see who the culprit is, but it's not always easy to prove they committed the crime. And that's where a lot of the enjoyment of the series can be found.
Apr 10, 2016 3:34 AM
Apr 2016
I've really enjoyed the first two episodes of this new anime for this new Spring season ^^

I've been looking forward to the arrival and start of this one so much ^^

I just knew I was gonna really end up enjoying it ^^

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.