Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 9, 2016 7:55 PM

Jun 2011
Love the characters and the atmosphere is so fun. Looking forward to the rest :)
「Icon credit to Milady666 ♡」
Jan 9, 2016 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
I like the OP. I dislike painted-nails psycho girls, ughh. Hopefully she won't paint them again.

An OK start overall.
Jan 9, 2016 9:47 PM

Aug 2013
What? You are telling me I have to choose between a beautiful and totally insane girl or a kawaii tsundere with ear-piercing? God, you're making this hard...

More seriously though, is the source well known or what? Reddit thread had more than 1000 upvotes, which isn't that common, and even here it seem pretty popular. I feel like I'm out-of-the-loop.

Anyway, that show sure look fun. I look forward to it. Laughed my ass off during that episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2016 10:07 PM

Mar 2013
Refreshing start. Main characters are really lovely! Both, the guy and the beautiful blue-eyed girl. Didn't feel too much sympathy for tsundere-chan though. Tatsuhisa's Tou character is hilarious, lmao.
Art is really something in this show... Wasn't expecting such quality. Anyway, it was really cool and fun overall. I definitely want to see more.
Jan 9, 2016 10:25 PM

Jun 2015
Quirky and fun first episode. Didn't have a lot of expectations going into this, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think this show could end up being really entertaining. Haven't had a decent comedy since Devil is a Part Timer, and I think this might fit the bill for me!
Jan 9, 2016 11:09 PM

Jul 2012
TATSUN!!!

MY BABY!!!!

OT: It was alright! I liked the snacks~ I've already tried a few of them. This is the most chill show I've seen this season.
Jan 9, 2016 11:44 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't even finish the episode this is just garbage.
Jan 10, 2016 12:08 AM

Jun 2013
Funny funny stuff. I love the goofy dad character trope, and You-san is no exception. Also, the constricted pupils is really distinctive. I kinda like it, actually. It's a simple detail that makes the characters feel more unique visually.
Jan 10, 2016 2:15 AM

Jun 2013
I don't see why this show is hyped. I only read manga if the subject it revolves around interests me in particular but a story about cheap candy is unappealing probably because I don't eat cheap candy or any kind of candy for that matter. I hate umaibo, it shouldn't even have the word umai in it. It's pretty disgusting. I don't know how long this premise would keep me interested.

I liked Hotaru Shidare, she's cute, weird, sexy and really funny. She reminds me of Kodachi Kuno in Ranma 1/2 with her ostentatious outbursts.

I also liked Saya, she's a good girl. I hope this won't end up a love triangle or harem (or anything remotely related to harem) because I will drop this motherfucker fast.

Coconuts is an average male character who is reminiscent of a NEET. Nothing new, you can find his character design and personality in almost all genres, his character is a dime a dozen and nothing special at all. He will probably be the reason I will drop this in the future.

The only characters keeping me interested are Saya, Hotaru and Yo Shikada.

The OP was so low-budget and completely forgettable, I'll be skipping the OP from now on. The character designs are ordinary but honestly speaking, an ordinary/recycled character patterned/inspired from other series CAN be interesting if that character's personality is memorable and stands out. However, that's not the case with this series, unfortunately. The jokes fell flat and the only times I laughed were when Hotaru were in the screen.
臭い-
Jan 10, 2016 3:07 AM

Nov 2014
Fuck this anime. I am so gonna drop this. It's not the MC that enters on the girl naked in bathroom, but a shitty side character. WTF? then just don't raise the obvious romance flag in the first episode and in the first meeting. I can already see tons of Ahego and NTR H-doujin being made in future.
Jan 10, 2016 3:13 AM

Oct 2010
My friend recommended this anime to me.

I love it
Jan 10, 2016 3:37 AM

Apr 2009
Can't say I enjoyed this much. Most of the episode I could only play a few minutes at a time before I used another tab to watch something else on youtube or browse the web.
Jan 10, 2016 4:23 AM

Jan 2013
I love the art, for me, it's something unique and original. I just hope that the story would also be good in the following episode.
Jan 10, 2016 4:43 AM

May 2009
Don't expect any romantic development, it's purely episodic comedy about dagashis
Jan 10, 2016 7:05 AM
Aug 2015
I was kinda curious about this anime, and decided to give it a go. Well I'm not disappointed, this looks nice so far. I had a couple good laughs at some scenes.

The art & animations are good, and the OP is pretty catchy. Also I love Kokonotsu's father & his hilarious personality.

5/5, looking forward to the 2nd episode :)
Jan 10, 2016 7:18 AM

Nov 2014
Great with everythings! :3 Simple storyline but still go well! I had a good laugh throughout first ep!
*waiting mode*
Jan 10, 2016 9:31 AM
Oct 2009
Seems really interresting anime, the anime is definitely in my watchlist this season!!
Jan 10, 2016 9:34 AM

Nov 2012
most likely there won't be any romance on this series, but if there will be any I am for Saya x Kokonotsu......
Jan 10, 2016 9:38 AM

Oct 2009
Come for the eyes, stays for Saya.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 10, 2016 11:16 AM

Aug 2014
LOL! This was really fun.

Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 10, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
I wasn't expecting to much of this anime when I saw the sinopse, but I'm really surprise. I laugh too much all fun times, I loved the girl spirit, I loved the father You-san... I really like it! Was a great first episode.
"maybe nothing in this world happens by accident. As everything happen for a reason, our destiny slowly takes forms..." (Reyleigh, One piece)

Jan 10, 2016 2:10 PM
Mar 2013
I was expecting it to be okay, but it's really funny. The zany hijinks are hilarious. My favorite parts were probably Saya's brother being smacked (Which is weird, I usually dislike tsunderes), and Hotaru being in love with the dude on the candy wrapper. Very fun and high energy.
Jan 10, 2016 2:36 PM
Dec 2015
Hotaru and Saya. ♥.♥
Jan 10, 2016 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
hilarious, love it :)
Jan 10, 2016 3:36 PM
Oct 2015
RarestProGamer said:
Fuck this anime. I am so gonna drop this. It's not the MC that enters on the girl naked in bathroom, but a shitty side character. WTF? then just don't raise the obvious romance flag in the first episode and in the first meeting. I can already see tons of Ahego and NTR H-doujin being made in future.
What? You're dropping this because it presented a novelty instead of an overused cliche? Such a weird reason to drop a show.
Jan 10, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2011
Man i completely missed this knew i was missing something from friday's lineup,was quite the enjoyable watch,now i see how Shidare is pretty high on the Waifu-tier ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) joking aside didn't expect to be hearing Kirino out of her though.

+1 for the walking in Cliche used on a Supporting character lol.

something about the fish eyes man it still works oddly enough i can't stop staring at Shidare's swirly ones~!
Jan 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Oct 2007
I generally don't like things that seem cliche and moe, but the voice actors and the character design hits a chord with me. Hotaru and Saya are adorable xD
Jan 10, 2016 8:12 PM

Apr 2013
As good as I hoped it would be. Really looking forward to the rest of this one.
Jan 10, 2016 8:38 PM
Oct 2012
Bibimbapski said:
Coconuts is an average male character who is reminiscent of a NEET. Nothing new, you can find his character design and personality in almost all genres, his character is a dime a dozen and nothing special at all. He will probably be the reason I will drop this in the future.

Worry not, Coconuts has hidden strengths. He is sort of like Dagashi, unappealing at first because he is so plain, he grows on you over time. Because he is the straight man he remains a bit underwhelming, but he is the necessary tsukkomi for the series. He is what makes Hotaru so wonderful.

Bibimbapski said:
I only read manga if the subject it revolves around interests me in particular but a story about cheap candy is unappealing probably because I don't eat cheap candy or any kind of candy for that matter. I hate umaibo, it shouldn't even have the word umai in it. It's pretty disgusting.

Only reading things that "interest" you is admitting you have neither curiosity or imagination. What makes the show (and Dagashi) interesting is exactly that dagashi are cheap and disgusting. It's like cotton candy, Twinkies, circus peanuts, moon pies, or a myriad of other disgusting western candies that children eat because it is all they can afford and as such provide nostalgic trip for adults. For me, botan ame (though I have never eaten it) reminds me of my first solo walk in Japan, visiting a small storefront near in rural Japan that never seemed to have customers (except for me buying a Kirin Lemon), but which made my walking home from work an exotic adventure. I can still visualize the packaging, and the probably one or two decade old expiration date (not that this mattered) on it. That is the charm of the show.
Jan 10, 2016 8:41 PM
Oct 2015
I loved first episode and getting some Shokugeki No Soma vibes from it. Also main characters are great. Art is good.
Jan 10, 2016 9:14 PM

Oct 2013
That 1st episode was okayish.
Hotaru is great and hot, and I really love that kind of character.
But animation seemed pretty cheap. And basic comedy.

I haven't been convinced yet to be honest. Waiting for episode 2.
Jan 10, 2016 11:02 PM
Jun 2009
Jan 11, 2016 1:54 AM

Mar 2015
Interesting start. Since I came here for Taketatsu Ayana.

Hotaru and Saya are interesting girls. The comedy is also good. I hope it delivers, the randomness are just funny lol.

Jan 11, 2016 5:06 AM

Apr 2009
@Darklord Horatu and Saya of Dagashi Kashi will beat the girls from Shomin Sample of last year just because they are both sexy :P
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 11, 2016 5:49 AM

May 2014
Very funny
The art style is unique
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jan 11, 2016 6:49 AM

Jun 2012
I think the voice actors do an excellent job at portraying the characters, but it's expected with the experience they have, some of which are in the exact same character archtypes.

Shikada Kokonotsu - Abe Atsushi: Kamijo Touma (A Certain Magical Index) and Mashiro Moritaka (Bakuman)

Shidare Hotaru - Taketatsu Ayana: Shimizu Miharu (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu), Nakano Azusa (K-ON!), Takahara Ayumi (The World Only God Knows), Kousaka Kirino (Oreimo), Tsugumi (Guilty Crown), Itsuka Kotori (Date A Live), Kirigaya Suguha (Sword Art Online)

Shikada Yoh - Fujiwara Keiji: Nohara Hiroshi aka Shinnouske's Father(Crayon Shin-chan), Maes Hughes (Fullmetal Alchemist & Brotherhood), Tatsuya Kimura (Hajime no Ippo), and Rindo Takumi (World Trigger)

Endo Tou - Suzuki Tatsuhisa: Sakamoto Yuuji (Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu), Tachibana Makoto (Free!), Sugata Eishiro (Heaven's Lost Property), and Takao Kazunari (Kuroko no Basuke)

Endo Saya - Numakura Manami: Nakamura Rio (Assassination Classroom), Todo Yurika (Aikatsu!), Kohata Arata (Black Rock Shooter), Narberal (Overlord)
Jan 11, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2011
RarestProGamer said:
I can already see tons of Ahego and NTR H-doujin being made in future.

About that... you're a bit late ;)
Jan 11, 2016 9:38 AM

Sep 2015
Wow! I can tell this is going to be a really fun show :D
The art styles amazing, pretty different too x)
Jan 11, 2016 11:15 AM

Oct 2008
what a very fine and meaty newest chick! the only problem is her obnoxiously weird personality.
At the end of this anime series, Hotaru gonna have diabetes not to mention those ahegao eyes!
5/5.

crevette said:
RarestProGamer said:
I can already see tons of Ahego and NTR H-doujin being made in future.

About that... you're a bit late ;)

About that... i just fapped to all of them ;)
matias067Jan 11, 2016 12:32 PM

Jan 11, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Genuinely surprised by how funny this episode was, cast is great.
Jan 11, 2016 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
Didn't expect to, but I really enjoyed this episode, I didn't expect it to be as funny as I did. Really liking the art style and the way the characters interact with one another.
That body pillow substitution jutsu though...
and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 11, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
Thanks to MC-kun I was reminded of this song and can't get it out of my head.

Jan 11, 2016 3:57 PM
Jan 2016
Lots of over-the-top zaniness here, may be the sleeper hit of this season. OP & ED didn't impress, that's the only (-). If I had to compare to other over-the-top comedies... then... it would be Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, School Rumble, and Yakitate!! Japan as cited examples.
Jan 11, 2016 4:06 PM

Mar 2014
Well, I exepcted it to be more funny. First episode left some strange aftertaste. I liked character design but art was not pretty good. OP and ED was too simple.

Hotaru seems to be heavily brain damaged, but she`s not boring. Kokonotsu`s dad is crazy too. Other characters are so-so.

3 of 5 for the first episode.
Jan 11, 2016 4:18 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So happy I finally get to watch this. I enjoyed the episode a lot. Very funny and fast paced. This is on my radar as best comedy of the season.

Can't tell if Hotaru or Saya is best grill.
Jan 11, 2016 5:04 PM
Oct 2015
This show is basically an ad right?
Jan 11, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
Bigod1981 said:
This show is basically an ad right?

That's what I basically got out of it too.
Jan 11, 2016 5:38 PM

Oct 2010
MoeGod said:
Almost like the love child of Non Non Biyori and Barakamon.

HOLY SHIT, NO THIS WASN'T.
Jan 11, 2016 6:07 PM

Apr 2012
thumbnail made me think it was gonna be a sarcastic, sharp tongue comedy still good tho
Jan 11, 2016 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
SAYA X COCONUTS OTP!

(on another note that goldfish is too big for that bowl. Poor thing)
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

174 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

99 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

106 by Doutei-kun »»
Mar 24, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2016

143 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.