Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
God dammit yellow subs, did Horriblesubs rip from Hulu again or something?

Overall, it was alright, nothing special and none of the current characters are appealing so far.
Jan 7, 2016 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
Paul said:

Overall, it was alright, nothing special and none of the current characters are appealing so far.

Yes, hulu. But if translation is much better than CR, not mentioning about Funi then what's the problem ;)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2016 3:21 PM

Sep 2014
Main guy is likeable, and his friends seem pretty cool. I hope that girl he's going to make a game with shows more of her personality soon, since she seems pretty bland at the moment.
Jan 7, 2016 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
The animation is kinda old school , yet THE OPENING IS UBERBBB. Gotta watch it.
Jan 7, 2016 4:02 PM

Jun 2011
As a VN reader, this series was made for me. G-Senjou, Baldr Sky, Sharin no Kuni, Pretty Cation 2 etc. Oh, and her assessment of the 500 yen VN's is so true. I've played a couple of those and they were pretty bad.

Of course, if you're looking for the next SNAFU, this isn't it. It's written by Minatosoft so expect something along the lines of Majikoi!

SuperRed said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
Alright that was garbage.

Exaggeration much? If you think this is garbage then Saekano must have made you want to commit suicide.

TheNaturalPerm said:

Guy:" Let's go get some ice cream!"
Girl:" WOW as expected of Guy-kun. Master of communication.

The reason she thinks he is good at communicating is because she saw him stop the fight between the girls in the classroom and how he managed to get everyone to help.

TheNaturalPerm said:

Final dialogue about bishoujo games might've been even worse.
Guy:" Woah there are games that sell better than others and are therefore more expensive?"
Girl:" Yes it's a harrrsh world!"

What exactly is wrong with what she said? she's an aspiring writer, plenty of writers like to talk about their passions in a weird or exaggerated way.

TheNaturalPerm said:
Stop these shitty light novels please. Adapt the good ones! I'm sure they are out there somewhere!

It's a visual novel adaptation not a light novel, wow you couldn't even get that part right?

Try harder mate.

He's obviously hatewatching. Ignore his ilk.
AhegyaoJan 7, 2016 4:10 PM
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 7, 2016 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
So this is like what Saekano would have been if Aki was a girl huh?

Liking it so far and lol @ that G Senjou no Maou reference.
Jan 7, 2016 4:46 PM

Jun 2009
This isn't really my flavor of tea, but, eh... I think I'll give it another episode or two.
Jan 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Sep 2013
This feels like a romance anime that came out over 6 years ago, and I quite like that.
I'm liking this MC and the rest of the cast, the aesthetic is nice even if the art isn't all that great, I think I'm going to enjoy this a lot.
Jan 7, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2014
Mascera said:
The moment I saw Yuuka... I was like "I know I've seen that face somewhere. I should not remember that face".
*cropped for NSFW reason. :P

pretty much reminded me of her as well, cuz that H show is pretty much replayed on my pc every now and then...
Jan 7, 2016 5:02 PM
Jun 2015
Pretty mediocre so far, the main male lead is bland along with the female lead. I am guessing this was made to capitalize of Saekano.
Jan 7, 2016 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
It was awesome, the main girl voice actor really sound like Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari, the setup remind me a bit of and hentai i've since a while ago, where they where making a game, but still if there is actual romance included in, this anime could be freaking great !
Jan 7, 2016 5:18 PM
Nov 2013
Pretty nice first episode, very similar to Saekano, yet manages to be different from it. This should be a fun series~
Jan 7, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2015
Decent episode but I don't think it has what it takes to top How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend. Hope there's more comedy to come.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 7, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Basically Saekano.
I liked it, nice bit of misdirection, I see why it wasn't labeled as a romance.
Jan 7, 2016 6:56 PM

Sep 2014
Saekano version 2.0

7/10
Jan 7, 2016 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
This was pretty good so I'll be sticking with it
Jan 7, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
good start
that G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo
GONNA STICK WITH THIS
Jan 7, 2016 7:49 PM

Nov 2015
Title: Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu

Story: The story was quite unexpected, due to the fact that I usually forget what the anime is about before it starts airing. It has a daring plot, and it seems like it may be a fun experience.

Art: The art is quite attractive. There are highly detailed backgrounds and vivid colors.

Character: The MC is quite likable, but he does not follow the simple "Fun but stupid" formula. Unfortunately, the female lead is a very define kuudere.

Music: The standard pumped tracks were fine, but there was nothing special nor anything I may remember that caught my eye.

Enjoyment: It was alright, nothing amazing yet something unique. The best part of the entire episode was when Kuroda revealed her dream; I died in laughter.
"Talent is something you make bloom, instinct is something you polish."
Jan 7, 2016 8:27 PM

Dec 2014
So mc will be like a male version of Utaha?

Hanakana's character looks cute. <3
Jan 7, 2016 8:27 PM

Sep 2014
Fun episode. Mainly watching this for Yuuka atm since her performance and personality won me over.

I also like the face designs for the girls.. So cute.
KonoetanJan 7, 2016 8:31 PM
Jan 7, 2016 8:32 PM

May 2010
Barion-Zara said:
What's the agreed upon abbreviation to this series tho (like Saekano, Danmachi...etc)? Shotachi or something? lol
Either "ShoKoMeza" or "Kouya".
Jan 7, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2013
It seemed quite interesting, first part showed the protagonist's personality and his relationships with those close to him, already the second part showed him approaching Sayuki and given beginning to the plan to create a game, the characters seemed interesting and I'm curious to see the development of this anime ..
Jan 7, 2016 8:51 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, wonderful. It's Saekano all over again.

...but, that's not completely fair. There's at least more than one male character. It's not a harem...yet? And the characters do seem to have some depth to them. Not to mention, there's no rampant fanservice.
A little bland, but we'll see where this one goes. I like the HanaKana tomboy character, btw.
Jan 7, 2016 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
That was fun. The characters personalities vibrate and shine. I like Kuroda a lot, her personality so far is appealing and man I'm a sucker for pale girls with long black hair. I like her and this episode, will keep watching.

PS: I lol'd my ass off at Bitch Queen and she proclaiming that real bitchiness comes from acting innocent, LOL!!
Jan 7, 2016 9:07 PM

Aug 2012
The only scene that made me laugh was when they were in his room, taking about the date or w/e. Not sure how I feel but I'll see how the next episodes are.
Jan 7, 2016 9:37 PM
Nov 2013
@ TheNaturalPerm

Are you stupid or something? The whole things like "The world is harsh/vast" or "The world is wasteland (Sayuki's ver)" is usually how the philosophers express their words. Calling that stupid just show how retarded you are.
Jan 7, 2016 9:48 PM

Jan 2011
I liked it. It is basically Saekano 2.0 but I think I like this cast more. Really Kana Hanazawa can't do wrong by me and her character in this is perfect.

Seriously though the streams for this both raw and Hulu are awful.
Jan 7, 2016 10:08 PM

Aug 2015
I liked this episode , Great OP, Average art as expected from Project No. 9, so we go Saekano all over again huh, energetic Yuuka is just :D , even better since she's voiced by HanaKana, Kuroda's an interesting one for her to propose to the MC to create a bishoujou game and besides she kinda reminds me of Yukino in a way, gotta love her reactions though.
Jan 7, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
Nah, not really into this at all. Even with Toshi voicing secondary main male. :/ Saekano at least had an interesting male lead + different art style. This has nothing. Putting on hold until people give me better feedback.

Paul said:
I fucking hate yellow subs omg
Norn9 already had them, now this?! UGH
Jan 7, 2016 10:19 PM
Nov 2013
Mayuka said:
Nah, not really into this at all. Even with Toshi voicing secondary main male. :/ Saekano at least had an interesting male lead + different art style. This has nothing. Putting on hold until people give me better feedback.

Paul said:

This one has Tanaka Romeo as the writer. Have you played Cross Channel? The psychological in that one is so good. This is also diirected by Steins;Gate director.

(Also, for some reason, I'm liking this anime MC better.)
Jan 7, 2016 10:25 PM

Jul 2012
TsukiCrasher said:
This one has Tanaka Romeo as the writer. Have you played Cross Channel? The psychological in that one is so good. This is also diirected by Steins;Gate director.
Nah, I don't play VNs and I don't plan to ^^
Jan 7, 2016 10:33 PM

Apr 2015
Bitch queen best grill.
Kuroda reminds me sooooo much of Yukino..
First ep quite enjoyable.. gonna give it a try
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Jan 7, 2016 10:50 PM

Mar 2013
Lovely first experience! Setting and character design is really refreshing. Got many oregairu/saekano vibes from this. I love both so that might be why. Also, Yukinoshita Yukino's twin sister Kuroda heads to be best girl. And Hanazawa Kana's character is really energetic. I like her. Both males are attractive but i'd like to know more about them. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 7, 2016 10:53 PM

Apr 2013
Mayuka said:

Paul said:

I love Saekano but I think the MC in this one is a breath of fresh air compared to wimpy MC Aki is.

his inability to make Utaha happy kills me inside
Jan 7, 2016 11:02 PM

Oct 2011
Sentai Filmworks Sub OMG. Just like Norn9
Jan 7, 2016 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode!
How is it that literally every show this season is either good, really good, or great?
Jan 7, 2016 11:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I really need to see who's Bitch Queen.
Mayuka said:

The MC in Saekano was the worst fuckin thing in this anime.
He kinda killed it for me.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 7, 2016 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
DatRandomDude said:
Mayuka said:

He was quite interesting and he wore glasses. He's one of the few Matsuoka characters I'm satisfied with.
Jan 7, 2016 11:54 PM

Mar 2015
Pretty decent. I hope it stays decent.
Jan 7, 2016 11:56 PM

May 2015
pretty much interesting
I liked the bitch queen she sounds awesome XD
kuroda's character is interesting she really resembles yukino even the va though she's more straightforward and has a lil bit of chuni
mc is decent
Jan 7, 2016 11:59 PM

Jun 2012
Why is the quality so bad? I watched with Ohys raws and senketsu subs and it still was pretty low qual.

Other then that I like the character designs and the story seems simplistically fun.
Jan 8, 2016 12:01 AM

Apr 2009
SAEKANO:Shokomeza version LOL :D
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 8, 2016 12:18 AM

Nov 2012
Nice episode....
I love Kuroda. She is an interesting character
Jan 8, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
well romeo i am disappoint, like most of the stuff youve been doing lately
Jan 8, 2016 1:18 AM

Oct 2015
This first episode was kinda slow for me, it started somewhat interesting but just dropped of a bit towards the end. Though it still looks quite promising and i definitely going to keep watching this.
Someone whos not played bishoujo game before is all of a sudden going to be writing an entire script for one. I'd like to see how this plays out.

I'm not sure I like Yuuka very much. I mean, in my opinion, shes kinda annoying.
As soon as I saw Kuroda I was thinking: Is that Yukino? They look exactly they same as sound almost the same as well.
Jan 8, 2016 1:42 AM

Jul 2007
Mayuka said:
DatRandomDude said:

He was quite interesting and he wore glasses. He's one of the few Matsuoka characters I'm satisfied with.

> Saekano's wimpy MC aka The-Guy-You-Want-to-Punch-in-the-fac-with-a-hammer-and-pour-some-acid-on-him.
> Good male Lead

KEK
Jan 8, 2016 2:14 AM

Jun 2015
It was pretty decent, I'll stick with it for now.

Those who have played the VN, how much romance is involved?
ok :p
Jan 8, 2016 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
This was a relaxing episode.

LOL I recognized two of the visual novels that were in the background.

(that G-senjou no Maou cameo tho)

And did I see a motherf*ckin selfie stick at that amusement park!
Jan 8, 2016 2:32 AM

Aug 2014
The one bad thing with this show. is if it is a ending girl in this, it so obvious hwo it going to be... Animes now days never screws you over :(
Jan 8, 2016 2:39 AM

Jul 2007
Sweanime said:
The one bad thing with this show. is if it is a ending girl in this, it so obvious hwo it going to be... Animes now days never screws you over :(

Why is the promise of less harem elements bad?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

57 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

46 by cableguyjay »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:33 PM

Poll: » Question/s about the Visual Novel

CrazyButNot4U - Nov 16, 2022

1 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 6, 2023 10:32 PM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

99 by Adrian_Kun007 »»
Sep 6, 2022 1:05 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

70 by White_Alice »»
Aug 10, 2022 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.