Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 9, 2016 7:18 AM

May 2012
Worst anime I've seen in winter so far. So boring.

It might have been watchable if it had some echii/fanservice scenes
Jan 9, 2016 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
the character just plain flat and unreasonable. i mean, what? also soo many chringeworthy dialogue.kinda feel all overplace and incosistant for character. 6/10 for starter. hope better
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 9, 2016 8:38 AM

Nov 2012
Saekano reverse version. Not bad and turned out really enjoyable imo.
Jan 9, 2016 9:26 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Yuuka reminds me of Misaki from Pet Kanojo. Both are so energetic and hyper.

Kuroda, Yukino 2.0 xD
This show will be interesting. A mix of Saekano and Oregairu. The art is pretty good, especially those school uniforms.

Power Puff Girls make a cameo in the form of a poster, they appear at 16:05 of the episode top left.

Jan 9, 2016 12:04 PM
Oct 2012
Surprisingly entertaining, also decent characters. The MC and his two friends are fun, Bunta is a little bit too nice for his own good to become a writer, but that may change. Enjoyed the writer and director knowing that the amusement park was a bit boring and having one of the characters comment on that.

The question now is whether they can breathe enough life into these characters to make the series worthwhile.
Jan 9, 2016 12:59 PM

Jul 2014
Reverse Hachiman with similar problemsolving methods, Yukonishoita's clone and a gender-flipped SaeKano proposition.

The similarities to OreGairu/ SaeKano are too obvious.

It was good though, but I'm going to put the rest on hold until the VN is translated to judge it properly.
Jan 9, 2016 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
Red_Tuesday said:
Reverse Hachiman with similar problemsolving methods, Yukonishoita's clone and a gender-flipped SaeKano proposition.

It was good though, but I'm going to put the rest on hold until the VN is translated to judge it properly.

You'll be waiting a long time since the VN itself hasn't even been released for the public yet.
Jan 9, 2016 3:11 PM
Apr 2014
I think this anime is a result of Saekano's popularity and great sales, the VN for it isn't even out yet.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made it in hope to have the same success, that's how the industry works sadly, just look at all these SAO clones and magic highschool harem.
Jan 9, 2016 3:28 PM

Feb 2014
To be honest, This anime is way better than Saekano at least so far simply because the characters especially the MC are 1000x more likable or less annoying would be more accurate.
Gonna watch it if it but wont expect anyhting.
Jan 9, 2016 5:15 PM

Oct 2014
This looks like Oregairu + Saekano...
Looks good..

read from right to left
Jan 9, 2016 5:20 PM

Jul 2014
SuperRed said:
Red_Tuesday said:

You'll be waiting a long time since the VN itself hasn't even been released for the public yet.

VN and Anime were announced to have a simultaneous release, which means it'll be on shelves on monday in Japanese. Since there's an anime already, expect a translation to happen at lightspeed.

Though I don't mind waiting, if I have to choose to spoil the VN or spoil the anime, I'll spoil the anime 100 out 100 times as VNs are the richer medium.
Red_TuesdayJan 9, 2016 5:24 PM
Jan 9, 2016 5:40 PM

Dec 2012
The Heroine is a generic long hair short haired black girl huh? ugh
Date on the first ep? well that escalated quickly >.>
2nd half redeemed itself, This certainly caught my attention...
Lmao Sharin no Kuni & G Senjou Maou cameos!!!! Madoka!?
Jan 9, 2016 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
Kuroda Sayuki - Good outside But inside... Uhm, still need to watch to find out more LOL (I reminisced about Yukino when i saw her :3)
Houjou Buntarou - Not bad
Storyline - Ehm...A little bad...
Yup! Still watch it because of the heroine and still want to know what they'll do in future :3
Jan 9, 2016 9:56 PM
Sep 2015
what kind of game they are planning to make?
a yuri VN ?
i don't like how the anime started out with a yuri play lol
gives me a feeling that there might be yuri in future eps
coz i don't like watching yuri anime. if yuri does occur
it be an insta drop
Jan 9, 2016 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
^ oh dear

It's only about a minute into the episode when there's a quick cut to Sayuki Kuroda standing in the back of the gymnasium. She hasn't spoken a word, and the first thing that comes out of my mouth is "shut up."

I like Yuuka. She reminds me of Hinata, what with all the "BAM, BABANG, THUMP".

Also: "A true bitch clads herself in innocence for the sake of her bitchiness." *clap* *clap* *clap*
-Trippwire-Jan 9, 2016 10:54 PM
Jan 9, 2016 11:43 PM
Jan 2014
Looks like a reversal of SaeKano. Not sure how it will turn out based on ep 1.
The bitch queen VA sounded so monotone :|
Jan 9, 2016 11:45 PM

Nov 2012
jucheck said:
a yuri VN ?
it be an insta drop

They're gonna make a bishoujo game, for Christ sake :))

It's hard for this anime to be good due to being a VN adaptation. But source wise, I do believe this game is much more better than Saekano. Saekano is just shameless waifu bait with an obnoxious beta MC.
Jan 10, 2016 12:00 AM
Sep 2008
pretty cation 2 OuO
Jan 10, 2016 4:38 AM

May 2009
Plutia said:
This looks like Oregairu + Saekano...
Looks good..

renaiyuusha said:
Axelucard_ said:
Saekano Version 2.0

saekano x oregairu

GosuGian said:
Not bad not bad reminds me of yahari.

Guys, she's more like Kuroyukihime than Yukino. She's isn't cold.
Jan 10, 2016 6:25 AM
Sep 2015
fourberie said:
pretty cation 2 OuO
great game but LxC 2 is far superior
Jan 10, 2016 12:29 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Not impressed with the first episode. I feel like I've seen this show 20 times before.

The main guy is especially boring because he's practically Mr. Perfect. Everyone knows and loves him, he can solve any problem, and so on. This is why characters like Hachiman are a million times better.

Let's see if this gets any better when they actually start making the game. At least the short haired girl is cute.
Jan 10, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2008
The series is a mix of Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata and Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku:

Too much talk; you also need as much patience!

The drawing is mediocre!
Jan 10, 2016 3:24 PM
May 2011
It has a similar plot to Saekano, but is much more fun to watch.
Jan 10, 2016 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
That song that plays when they were in the bathroom talking about meeting up. That song sounds mystical. I must have its sheets!!
Jan 10, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2014
I really hope this one goes fucking somewhere..
Jan 10, 2016 10:40 PM

Nov 2012
I thought I'll watch this after it's completed, but after seeing the first ep, watching it weekly might not be so bad.

Also, that Rias Gremory-look-alike hook me up to this show.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Jan 11, 2016 12:41 AM

Aug 2014
Fai said:
BlurredVision18 said:

And the poster and the reference is not about Shinbou.
Its about Urobuchi. Who was writing novels like Saya no Uta, which pretty much opened roads for him.

All that went way over your head, lol.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Jan 11, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
hmmm, maybe i ll try stick with this one...
Well Duh...

Jan 11, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
Red_Tuesday said:

Well I was about to post something like this.

Anyway, not sure what to think about this show yet, so let's see how things will go in the next episode.
Jan 11, 2016 11:01 PM

Oct 2008
Saenai v2!
Kuroda just looks like Yukinon!
haven't heard VA Hanazawa-san lately, glad to hear from her again.
4/5.

Jan 12, 2016 12:42 AM

Nov 2008
billybob300c said:
i like how plain kuroda is

6/10
She's a Kuudere, to she reminds me of Shizuka Sangou.
Jan 12, 2016 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Todd_ said:
Not impressed with the first episode. I feel like I've seen this show 20 times before.

The main guy is especially boring because he's practically Mr. Perfect. Everyone knows and loves him, he can solve any problem, and so on. This is why characters like Hachiman are a million times better.

Let's see if this gets any better when they actually start making the game. At least the short haired girl is cute.

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Also, Socially competent = Perfect?

You, my friend, are retarded.

Hoshino_Maria said:
jucheck said:
a yuri VN ?
it be an insta drop

They're gonna make a bishoujo game, for Christ sake :))

It's hard for this anime to be good due to being a VN adaptation. But source wise, I do believe this game is much more better than Saekano. Saekano is just shameless waifu bait with an obnoxious beta MC.

I like Houjou more than Saekano's MC, Tomoya, but you seriously need to look up the word Beta if you think he's one. Yeah, he's not competent at anything, unlike this protagonist who's a good writer, but Tomoya still brings the most crucial element to the table. Drive, and determination.

Also, Tomoya doesn't really get pushed around by the girls. Love Hina's protagonist would be a beta. He gets pushed around by girls in situations that are literally 100% unfair to him. Even if he's right he's wrong. Tomoya isn't like that. He calls out Eriri when she goes full idiot, and just plays along with Utaha. He never even gets physically hit, like the protagonist of Toradora.

I've never understood the hate for Tomoya. It's never made any sense.
Jan 12, 2016 11:59 AM

Dec 2010
Fai said:
Hm, so far so good

Love how we start with seeing a bit of main character's life. Writing a school play, working a job at the local cafe, going through the day, living and eating alone - it creates a nice sense of every day generic life and succeeds at establishing the main character as maturing teenager questioning his future. The show also does a great job at establishing the MC's leadership qualities without it feeling too on the nose.

Kuroda also stands out a lot and is the star of the second half of the episode. Loved how she keeps talking and thinking about tropes. Her personality also feels natural as she does not fall into tsundere tropes or klutz tropes but still has elements of both.

And its not just the MCs - all the characters are established as lively different people, without feeling too tropey. They eat chips and hang out, they play video games, they banter - the show manages to establish them as existing beyond the "role of the story" and that is nice. The characters feel like teenagers without being too much of "anime teenagers". They feel normal.

The show also presents itself as surprisingly self aware, referencing and talking about various tropes common within visual novels and anime, which fits since the first characters we are introduced are into drama club.

The last portion was especially interesting as they were discussing VN sales and what sells and what does not. I hope we see more of that in the future. The whole monologue about wasteland was also a brilliant introspection into the fiction market.

The directing is onpoint most of the time(the WC scene and the scene where they are imagining situations about Kuroda, stand out the most). The classical music OST also adds a refined feeling to the whole package.

Surprising. So far 7/10 but might grow if the quality continues.

Great post it sums up the way i feel about the show,i like the fact that its not a harem and the characters are not boring as everyone else says but to me they feel real and not stereotypical [like many other shows]i like how his childhood friend is not the typical jealous type but is more supportive instead. They act like teens not anime teens as u said,simple things like that makes me like this show ,i just hope it stays like this or gets better.
hack5Jan 12, 2016 12:38 PM
Jan 12, 2016 8:27 PM

Dec 2009
Hot damn that was fresh.

I feel like i'm stretching out on the late spring grass after a long bus ride, stretching my wings... All these lively new anime.
Another excellent anime season without having that riding the formulaic bus feel. There's plenty of decent anime all the time, but sometimes the same old happens just a bit too much.

And we're starting to get more stuff with lively dynamic characters too. Again, i love the archetypal characters at times, but we really need more fluid characters like these.
Getting all the greetings on the way to and fro was nice too. Granted he earns it all by being perceptive and friendly with everyone, but it makes a nice community atmosphere. Frankly everyone should get along and acknowledge eachother like that in the real world.

To those somehow unimpressed by a character who actually is liked by everyone, as opposed to the typical awkward whatever you see in most anime, are probably the same people who gripe that things are too typical, and thus are hypocrites who just want something to complain about.
GenesisAriaJan 12, 2016 8:36 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 12, 2016 8:40 PM

Nov 2012
Found some inconsistencies in Kuroda's character, found it hard to watch.

Art doesn't look half bad, music is typical, character seem like-able. Nice to see a "normal" main character for once.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Jan 12, 2016 9:32 PM

Dec 2009
Humans are inconsistent. Get over it :P

Jan 13, 2016 12:35 AM
Mar 2012
1st watch thru dialogue more thoughtful, like oregairu, but maybe too tired they flew past me. Rewatching a few scenes they've some nice comedy. Animation good for this genre. Yuuta & Bitchqueen seem interesting.
What wasteland?
Jan 13, 2016 12:40 AM

Jul 2015
Oregairu and Saekano got a Hybrid, but i'm quite amazed that there's a Legit Alpha male in this anime, so I think this anime can be applied in real life
Jan 13, 2016 2:33 AM

Aug 2012
The directing was really good. The characters were more in touch with their environment than the typical anime and it ended up feeling more like a movie.

Not too sure about the story itself, but I'm sticking around for the directing and pacing if anything.
Jan 13, 2016 3:14 AM

Nov 2007
I really liked the first episode. I'm pretty excited for this xD
Jan 13, 2016 3:43 AM

Mar 2014
This is interesting I definitely want to see more
Jan 13, 2016 7:39 AM

Dec 2009
Van_Alex said:
but i'm quite amazed that there's a Legit Alpha male in this anime, so I think this anime can be applied in real life
He's popular for a reason. Justified chick magnet.

Sasuke said:
The directing was really good. The characters were more in touch with their environment than the typical anime and it ended up feeling more like a movie.
This.

Jan 13, 2016 9:23 AM

May 2009
Not sure if I will finish this anime or not. I will give it a couple of episodes.
I like the MC the most out of the anime since he seems like "the perfect guy".
Never had that perspective before.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Jan 14, 2016 9:53 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure what to think about this just yet. Will have to watch more.
Luckily in the next 30 minutes the second episode will be out for me.

Jan 15, 2016 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
Kuroda is so pretty :). Interesting story, the concept is similar to Saekano and I loved this show.
Jan 15, 2016 9:38 AM
Jun 2010
I don't want this, I want Saenai S2
Jan 15, 2016 6:30 PM

Aug 2012
ExoticBankai said:
It was awesome, the main girl voice actor really sound like Senjougahara from Bakemonogatari, the setup remind me a bit of and hentai i've since a while ago, where they where making a game, but still if there is actual romance included in, this anime could be freaking great !

Same, that's All I could think about when she talked, was how much she sounded like Senjyougahara, like she was gonna whip out a bunch of deadly school supplies.
Jan 16, 2016 6:14 AM

May 2015
aah making gal games.
I am sold

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 16, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2013
I forgot this was the "dating sim" anime when I started watching the episode. It was actually decent through the "date" and everything.
Jan 21, 2016 7:11 AM
Jun 2015
Why does she look like Yukinon from Oregairu?
Nice Evangelion reference by the way
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

57 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

46 by cableguyjay »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:33 PM

Poll: » Question/s about the Visual Novel

CrazyButNot4U - Nov 16, 2022

1 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 6, 2023 10:32 PM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

99 by Adrian_Kun007 »»
Sep 6, 2022 1:05 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

70 by White_Alice »»
Aug 10, 2022 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.