Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2016 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought the episode was somewhat fun but also silly.

Yuuka probably has the most energy out of the characters so far. They introduced most of the main cast though along with the OP song. Sayuki reminds me of Yukino for some reason. They have a similar voice tone as well. Well idk, episode felt slow and I'm not sure I like Buntarou either yet. Hope it will improve but not impressed so far. Yuuka's quite an energy ball though.

Looks like Buntarou is going to get involved in some game stuff with Sayuri.
Jan 7, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2009
Hummm not sure if i appreciate it or not. Fun at start and boring the last 10 minutes. We will see.
Jan 7, 2016 8:16 AM

May 2015
Yuuka's so energetic, lol. Second half felt pretty slow. Sayuki somehow reminds me of Yukino too, which is a plus. Look at that G-senjou when that door to the store opens, lol. Music was decent. Alright first episode. Hopefully this one will be a nice ride.

Jan 7, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2014
@Meikazu_Teki
It's on hulu

during first half I was thinking that it was going to turn into a harem, but the second half got me interested. good first episode, I'm going to keep watching
Jan 7, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
Great first episode, Yuuka best girl, Kuroda is pretty cool too, MC isn't annoying either.
Jan 7, 2016 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Decent episode, liked the idea, really feels like watching SNAFU all over again. So far the best episode of this season that I watched.
6/10
Jan 7, 2016 9:25 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was fucking great watch...My God the show starts off with a yuri play even lol

"A true bitch clads herself in innocence for the sake of her bitchiness" I am fucking DEAD LMFAOOOO

Not only was the main cast more than likable, but the premise was handled very well and add the comedy, interactions and dialogue, this was very interesting to watch. Plus the visuals are really really good too with the OP being great as well

I think it's safe to say that we have our two contenders for best boy and girl with our two leads and holy shit does the female lead reminds me of Yukino mixed with Utaha minus the lewdness

Oregairu meets SaeKano is what I would describe this as but with its own flavor mixed in and I absolutely loved this

P.S. I died seeing that the restaurant was named Shoryuken LMAO
TokoyaJan 7, 2016 1:46 PM
Jan 7, 2016 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
The moment I saw Yuuka... I was like "I know I've seen that face somewhere. I should not remember that face".
*cropped for NSFW reason. :P
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jan 7, 2016 9:46 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
KanaHana's genki voice as Yuuka is enough of a reason for me to continue this, despite the bland route it's sure to follow as SaeKano, even without the harem or meta element.

Sayuki is very much like Utaha, except that she lowered her valuation quite a bit with constant compliments towards Bunta. "Sasuga this! Sasuga that!" when nothing the guy was doing out of the ordinary. It's almost like his destiny was predetermined (well, it actually is but still feels forced) as the MC who'd create galge with a bunch of other guys and gals.

There's also her laughable motivation to make games. "Ayy LMAO, this sekai is kuzu where innocents can't survive. Only ambitionfags can live their dreams." She makes it sound like a mothereffing battlefield. Why so serious?

Such a waste, since I actually thought the character designs and the soundtracks are pretty neat. Some moments have been genuinely funny as well, like the bitch queen scene.
VindstotJan 7, 2016 10:28 AM

Jan 7, 2016 10:06 AM

May 2010
Arse said:
So far the best episode of this season that I watched.

huge accomplishment considering what trash got released this season sofar ;)
Jan 7, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Best first ep from the 5 series I've seen so far. Lots of fun and really interesting. Loving all the characters too. What's the agreed upon abbreviation to this series tho (like Saekano, Danmachi...etc)? Shotachi or something? lol

When I saw the OP I thought I saw Rias and Shirayukihime XD

Yuuka's really great. HanaKana rarely does Tomboys. And that was pretty damn fun seeing her play as one. Liking Yuuka a lot. I'd say best girl from what I've seen and dem thighs :L

LOL'd at Bitch queen and her reply to "U don't seem like much of a bitch"
"A true bitch clads herself in innocence for the sake of her bitchiness" SO MUCH LOL

Bunta's awesome. Probably my fav male character of the season so far. His personality is really refreshing and u can feel the charisma dripping from him. His interactions with Sayuki were fun. Obligatory "reminds me of Yukino" but I actually like Sayuki more right now. The way she was making that sound after the free drop ride was cute.
Jan 7, 2016 10:18 AM

Sep 2015
The HanaKana's "suki" at the beginning ^o^
I'm curious to watch the next episode, it was fun
Jan 7, 2016 10:18 AM

May 2010
Well the show lost me around the end. no intereset in this kind of story/setting. no pickup.
Jan 7, 2016 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
Seems pretty good, I liked Saekano so I'll probably like this.
Jan 7, 2016 10:25 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty decent introductory episode, if a bit on the plain side. Need to see more to form more concrete opinions. The girls look nice enough and seem quirky enough to enjoy so far anyway. Awkward CG was apparent sometimes, but not too bad. Hope it'll be a Saekano where I don't hate the mc's.
Jan 7, 2016 10:34 AM

Oct 2014
Basically Saekano without meta and thankfully an actually decent MC... It was fairly enjoyable nonetheless, as there were some good humor, but nothing really outstanding. Either way it deserves a couple more episodes to see where its heading.
Jan 7, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2011
That was fairly decent. The MC is ok and Kuroda is like the weird otaku cousin of of Yukino.
Jan 7, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2009
seems... refreshing. it was funny and MC doesnt seem dumb. gonna keep watching cause i like the tone and the pacing and the animations and it seems different than most vn adaptations.

if he doesnt pic a girl at the end im gonna burn this away from my memory :)
Jan 7, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2013
Quality is bad as hell, and yellow subs, wtf?! Translation is not bad at least.
Story looks interesting. I like main characters. Good start, I want more.
rsc-plJan 7, 2016 1:24 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 7, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Semms fun. Can't wait to play the VN but gotta finish Majikoi first.
Jan 7, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2015
Tokoya said:
I think it's safe to say that we have our too contenders for best boy and girl with our two leads and holy shit does the female lead reminds me of Yukino mixed with Utaha minus the lewdness

Oregairu needs SaeKano is what I would describe this as but with its own flavor mixed in and I absolutely loved this

This pretty much sums up. Nice first episode. Bitch queen was awesome. She is actually Sayuki right?
Jan 7, 2016 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
All those references <3

So far this feels like Oregairu meets Saekano, which isn't a bad thing at all. Looking forward to how this pans out.
Jan 7, 2016 11:23 AM

Jun 2008
Ok first episode. Atomu is my fav so far :3
Jan 7, 2016 11:26 AM

May 2014
Hmm, it was really interesting series. Opening song and it's visual were decent. Main male protagonist, Buntarou Houjou seems like he's very sociable and active, where as, female protagonist, Kuroda Sayuki was more of a mysterious-like and inactive person.

Bathroom scene was quite unexpected, yet was funny. Already loving Kuroda Sayuki's personality and of course her appearance too and also shipping her with Buntarou Houjou. Really looking forward to this.

3.5/5 - Can't wait for more.

Note: I rarely give episodes 4 and 5 which indicates excellent and masterpiece.
NoctisJan 7, 2016 12:01 PM
Jan 7, 2016 11:29 AM
Nov 2013
When I watch the OP I thought I watch the same show with different genre :)
Loved the episode.
Sayuki is my favorite :3
Jan 7, 2016 11:31 AM

Apr 2010
Last time i saw subs like this was 6 years ago, these subs are oldschool and i am loving it.

As for the anime itself the start seemed a bit overly happy to me the second part was ok.
I have to say that Kuroda is a Yukinosshita Yukino clone tho, they look a lot a like.
As for the main he seems way to popular and very busy.
Will he even have time for Kuroda's plan.
Jan 7, 2016 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good start! It is so similar to Saekano.

The Bitch Queen part was a lol!
Jan 7, 2016 11:49 AM

Nov 2010
Not bad, there something there.

Hmmm, i don't know, gonna keep watching.
Jan 7, 2016 11:52 AM

Oct 2009
Nothing new but it's watchable.
Jan 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
I've been waiting! I'm loving it so far. Very hilarious interactions from the characters. I know I'm gonna love it!
Jan 7, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2015
Good first episode. the character personality was interesting and funny. the story was insteresting too imo. obviously i didn't expect that turn out of event in the end. my first reaction like "WTF?!" but it still looked interesting to me so i will definetely gonna keep watching this.
i'm looking forward to the next episode.

Edit: LOL that madoka magica reference in the end.
Jan 7, 2016 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty solid. Liking it so far.
Jan 7, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 2012
I saw G-senjou no Maou I'm glad.
Jan 7, 2016 12:23 PM

Dec 2010
Good first episode. I'm glad it doesn't seem like it will be a harem. Looking forward to next week!
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 7, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
Hm, so far so good

Love how we start with seeing a bit of main character's life. Writing a school play, working a job at the local cafe, going through the day, living and eating alone - it creates a nice sense of every day generic life and succeeds at establishing the main character as maturing teenager questioning his future. The show also does a great job at establishing the MC's leadership qualities without it feeling too on the nose.

Kuroda also stands out a lot and is the star of the second half of the episode. Loved how she keeps talking and thinking about tropes. Her personality also feels natural as she does not fall into tsundere tropes or klutz tropes but still has elements of both.

And its not just the MCs - all the characters are established as lively different people, without feeling too tropey. They eat chips and hang out, they play video games, they banter - the show manages to establish them as existing beyond the "role of the story" and that is nice. The characters feel like teenagers without being too much of "anime teenagers". They feel normal.

The show also presents itself as surprisingly self aware, referencing and talking about various tropes common within visual novels and anime, which fits since the first characters we are introduced are into drama club.

The last portion was especially interesting as they were discussing VN sales and what sells and what does not. I hope we see more of that in the future. The whole monologue about wasteland was also a brilliant introspection into the fiction market.

The directing is onpoint most of the time(the WC scene and the scene where they are imagining situations about Kuroda, stand out the most). The classical music OST also adds a refined feeling to the whole package.

Surprising. So far 7/10 but might grow if the quality continues.
Jan 7, 2016 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
Well, this is really interesting if I do say so myself.
Kuroda...I kind of like her personality.
Yuuka and MC other friend is funny as well...seem nice.
This is just an introduction to the story and we will have a group of friends making a game.
OP and ED and good in my opinion. Overall, I like it.
Jan 7, 2016 12:31 PM
Jan 2016
nice episode liked it!
Jan 7, 2016 12:33 PM

Jul 2007
D3pthCharge said:
Basically Saekano without meta

Would not be so sure. They already references various romance tropes and the generic date structure, etc. It is only bound to get more intense as the actual work starts.
Jan 7, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2014
G-senjo no maou make this show the best already. Think if they sometime can make a stupid anime fo the damn game already! nah. we show the game on a door.
Jan 7, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2015
That black-haired girl (Forgot her name) should invite Keima from "The world God only knows".
It would be Epic!
Jan 7, 2016 12:43 PM
Nov 2013
It was...a little bit boring but I think things will get interesting in time. And Yuuka's nice
I' m looking for an Ultimate Artist to help me creating some Danganronpa manga :-)
No experience required. Why don't give it a try?
If you can do anything manga-creating related you also would be a great help!
Just simply write to me, I don't bite ;-)
Seriously
Jan 7, 2016 1:07 PM

Sep 2015
Wierd but in a good way.
I think this show has a lot of potential, the art is very nice and the music really adds its own vibe to the episode.
I can´t say a lot about the plot doe, I think it won´t really start before the 2nd or 3rd ep.
Also meet the Bitch Queen, the best Wingman(woman) 2016!
Jan 7, 2016 1:08 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Pretty fun episode! Yuuka's pretty nice. Kuroda is totally Yukino, lol. OP/ED are great!

4/5
GoldenDevilGamerJan 9, 2016 3:44 PM
Jan 7, 2016 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Alright that was garbage.
These dialogues are killing me. So many bad ones in there especially when the black haired girl gets screentime.
Guy:" Let's go get some ice cream!"
Girl:" WOW as expected of Guy-kun. Master of communication.

Final dialogue about bishoujo games might've been even worse.
Guy:" Woah there are games that sell better than others and are therefore more expensive?"
Girl:" Yes it's a harrrsh world!"

Stop these shitty light novels please. Adapt the good ones! I'm sure they are out there somewhere!
Jan 7, 2016 1:44 PM

Dec 2015
Color me surprised. This was actually a lot better than I was expecting. The poster just screams of a crap harem anime with tons of fan service, but this actually had quite a bit of dialogue and character development. We learn what we need to know about the protagonist, and while his design is pretty generic, he seems like he as potential to develop throughout the series.

The characters seem like they have some hidden depth that I hope they explore. Kuroda is already interesting to me, which is a great thing when it comes to the main girl. The three other girls are nothing special thus far, but I do sense that they'll become more likable as the show goes on. I just really hope that one girl arguing with the red-head isn't as tsundere as she seems.

OP is okay. I seems like it'd be enough to hype me up for each episode, but I feel like it was nothing special. Animation is okay. I chuckled at a few parts, so I hope that means the show will get a bit funnier as it goes on. Also, it had hints that it'll get heavy in the last few episodes, and I hope it does get heavy. Overall, it was a pleasant surprise. I hope it'll improve as the series goes on.

EDIT:

Oh yea, um, the writing. It's awful, but I cross my fingers it'll get better. If it doesn't... Well this show is gonna be awful the rest of the way through.
PabloTheOffenderJan 7, 2016 2:08 PM
Anime sucks.
Jan 7, 2016 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
Alright that was garbage.

Exaggeration much? If you think this is garbage then Saekano must have made you want to commit suicide.

TheNaturalPerm said:

Guy:" Let's go get some ice cream!"
Girl:" WOW as expected of Guy-kun. Master of communication.

The reason she thinks he is good at communicating is because she saw him stop the fight between the girls in the classroom and how he managed to get everyone to help.

TheNaturalPerm said:

Final dialogue about bishoujo games might've been even worse.
Guy:" Woah there are games that sell better than others and are therefore more expensive?"
Girl:" Yes it's a harrrsh world!"

What exactly is wrong with what she said? she's an aspiring writer, plenty of writers like to talk about their passions in a weird or exaggerated way.

TheNaturalPerm said:
Stop these shitty light novels please. Adapt the good ones! I'm sure they are out there somewhere!

It's a visual novel adaptation not a light novel, wow you couldn't even get that part right?

Try harder mate.
Jan 7, 2016 1:58 PM

Sep 2010
Sweanime said:
G-senjo no maou make this show the best already. Think if they sometime can make a stupid anime fo the damn game already! nah. we show the game on a door.

G-senjo no maou anime is a dream! Unfortunately not all dreams come true. (or maybe this was the hint that it might come true, although there were other real titles there as well)

The anime seemed pretty normal at first. I liked the protagonist who instead of being an usual whimp was the refreshing popular (but in a good way) type of guy. Someone that you can't just hate. Generally the type of person that people should aspire to be (at least in my opinion).

Anime continued and I enjoyed it a lot, in the back of my head wondering whatever there will be any plot in it or not.

Then there is a date, and it was pretty funny to watch MC and Kuroda's interaction.

But then... BOOM,

"let's do the bishojo game together!"

When she said that, still without any emotion in her usual way, I couldn't hold it, burst in laughing and had to stop the episode for a moment. Then I remembered that there was indeed hint for this to possibly happen at the beginning of the story.

I can't say how will this turn out, there used to be a similiar anime about this topic recently but this time the MCs aren't hard core otakus. I wonder how those "normal people" will go about making VN.

In the end though after the first episode I feel like I just got promo to the series, I got to know some characters and what the story will be about but not whatever I will actually like it in the end... kind of episode 0. Still I have a good feeling about it in general so I look forward to the next episode!
Jan 7, 2016 2:09 PM

Jan 2009
i like how plain kuroda is

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jan 7, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2015
To be fair, it wasn't as garbage as it seemed. At least to me, which thought it was going to be the worst anime of the season.
Anime sucks.
Jan 7, 2016 2:19 PM

Aug 2015
Pretty nice episode. I'll stick with this one.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2016

57 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

46 by cableguyjay »»
Aug 24, 2023 8:33 PM

Poll: » Question/s about the Visual Novel

CrazyButNot4U - Nov 16, 2022

1 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jan 6, 2023 10:32 PM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

99 by Adrian_Kun007 »»
Sep 6, 2022 1:05 AM

Poll: » Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

70 by White_Alice »»
Aug 10, 2022 1:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.