Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2016 6:14 PM
Jan 2016
Do you think Nana will be back this year? I think it's been seven years (you know the number 7 is always mentioned in nana). I also read that Ai Yazawa made a 2016 nana calender.

Edit:someone posted a link of Ai yazawa saying she is going to continue Nana. So keep reading! It doesnt say when but Im still very happy maybe it will be in 2017 on 7/7 who knows 😄 im just glad that there is still hope!
Lola_LaLokaAug 28, 2016 3:23 AM
Jan 10, 2016 8:29 AM
Sep 2015
I rally hope so 😊
NANA is my favorite manga. It is a masterpiece! 😊
It woud be wonderfull if it comes back this year after 7 years. Everybody is waiting for a long time already.
I need answers to my questions...
I will wat patiently ☺
Jan 12, 2016 2:51 AM
Jan 2016
TaeWithSuga said:
I rally hope so 😊
NANA is my favorite manga. It is a masterpiece! 😊
It woud be wonderfull if it comes back this year after 7 years. Everybody is waiting for a long time already.
I need answers to my questions...
I will wat patiently ☺

I know i need answers too!! Im always checking if there is any updates. Nana is my favorite too. Ever since I read Nana is like no other manga will do. I still read others but none are like Nana.
Jan 23, 2016 8:10 AM
Dec 2012
Nana is the best drama media has ever appeared, but tbh the Mangaka is really unprofessional, I mean it has been 6 years after she left the hospital wtf does she need to complete? I doubt that she is still ill otherwise it would have become public immediately. I really wish I could travel to Jap and ask her why in the world she ain't completing this Masterpiece
Jan 23, 2016 2:42 PM

Jul 2008
IMTLD said:
Nana is the best drama media has ever appeared, but tbh the Mangaka is really unprofessional, I mean it has been 6 years after she left the hospital wtf does she need to complete? I doubt that she is still ill otherwise it would have become public immediately. I really wish I could travel to Jap and ask her why in the world she ain't completing this Masterpiece

That sounded really rude. No matter what is the reason it is up to her if she will continue or not. And I suppose people being unpleasant about hiatus don't give her motivation to get back.

I would be happy to see Nana competed, I absolutely love this series, but I will not hold it against the mangaka if she will never finish it.

It's not like she is infamous for dropping her mangas out of the blue like certain artists *cough* DNAngel's author *cough*.
Jan 27, 2016 12:02 PM
Dec 2012
Glandire said:
IMTLD said:

That sounded really rude. No matter what is the reason it is up to her if she will continue or not. And I suppose people being unpleasant about hiatus don't give her motivation to get back.

I would be happy to see Nana competed, I absolutely love this series, but I will not hold it against the mangaka if she will never finish it.

It's not like she is infamous for dropping her mangas out of the blue like certain artists *cough* DNAngel's author *cough*.

As you can see I said "unprofessional", and yes leaving her work undone, without a reason, is totally disrespectful toward her fans who had been supporting her for 10 years, Nana has APX 43 million sales which is very good for a manga that has only 21 volume.
Jan 27, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2015
IMTLD said:
Glandire said:

As you can see I said "unprofessional", and yes leaving her work undone, without a reason, is totally disrespectful toward her fans who had been supporting her for 10 years, Nana has APX 43 million sales which is very good for a manga that has only 21 volume.

She isn't forced to continue, just because people complain about it. If she wants and can continue, she will. You are showing lack of respect toward this artist. Wanting to force someone is counterproductive : I rather have no end, than some badly done work. If she continues, I'd be glad, if she doesn't then alright her choice.
Jan 27, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
There are no news so far. The only thing we do know I guess is that she isn't dead.

I personally don't think we will ever get any closure. I think she is either too ill to write, or she is just over the manga.

It is a shame, but what can you do.

Also, to all the people who are saying "you are rude" or similar bullshit, I can tell you that it wouldn't kill her to share some news.

"Hey faithful fans who have been supporting the manga/anime even without any news for all these years. My health is getting better/deteriorating, so I plan/do not plan to continue the manga. Thank you all for your support throughout this ordeal!".

Is that too much to ask? That is all I need. As a fan, who has bought everything related to nana.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Jan 27, 2016 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
IMTLD said:

Agree, a simple "Yes I'll continue/No/Maybe" would be enough from her, even without disclosing the reasons for this hiatus. 7 years of silence is way too fucking long.
Jan 28, 2016 12:25 AM
Dec 2012
Nyarlathothep said:
IMTLD said:

She isn't forced to continue, just because people complain about it. If she wants and can continue, she will. You are showing lack of respect toward this artist. Wanting to force someone is counterproductive : I rather have no end, than some badly done work. If she continues, I'd be glad, if she doesn't then alright her choice.

YES she is forced, she is not publishing privately so that she can do whatever she wants, she is doing a profession, and she must have excuses to stop abruptly. What would you say to those who had bought all volumes and spent a lot of money as a gratitude for her great work then she just respond to them with the rudest way. I am not asking for instant completion, just SAY SOMETHING.
Jan 28, 2016 12:59 PM

Feb 2008
I have just finished reading the manga. I don't know how you guys managed to wait until it's return since I don't know how I would do that!

I really hope this year Nana will continue, I wonder what's going on with Yazawa's condition...
The manga ended with so many questions , Nana is a masterpiece , I don't think that a Jousei (or any other type) manga will ever be able to get to that level .
So I hope that for at least there will be an ending.
I think that it can be completed with few chapters, so if the mangaka doesn't want to keep it long ,she can finish it quickly >__<
Jan 28, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2013
Lola_LaLoka said:
I think it's been seven years (you know the number 7 is always mentioned in nana).

You have a good point. I have this dream that Ai Yazawa will return will multiple volumes as a surprise to fans as a thanks for being so patient! I hope 2016 will be her year.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Feb 23, 2016 1:04 AM
Jun 2010
I think it will return this year, we each year, see some sort of calender and she even made a junkou's room chapter one year. I was also thinking about the number 7, 7 years in May, hope for good news then.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Apr 15, 2016 2:59 AM
Oct 2015
MM_the_mystery said:
Hi guys. I'm new here. I read NANA for the 1st time when being in secondary but maybe since I was young at that time so I didn't feel much for it. But lately I re-read the manga accidentally and really struggle with my feeling now.
Ai Yazawa made it too painful letting Ren die. I even cried my heart out and feeling depressed lately since the series is postponed and I myself can't even find the way out for O. Nana after Ren's death. If only Ai-sama would continue the series and save me T.T
I also hope that Satsuki-chan is Ren and Nana's daughter while Ren Ichinose is really Takumi and Nana's son. It's sad thinking that Ren's gone without any traces left. And Takumi seems somehow overcome his womanizer character and has more respect for K. Nana

You should use a spoiler alert/button on that comment. Maybe somebody who is not up to date with the manga (maybe somebody who is considering starting the manga and first wants to check its current state) stumbles on to your comment which is really full of spoilers from the last chapters. Just saying.
May 5, 2016 6:09 PM
Mar 2014
It's May and there has been no chapters yet... I'm almost finished reading and I hope there will some new chapters later this month. Do you think there will be new chapters on the day it last released which will make it officially 7 years?
May 5, 2016 7:27 PM

May 2014
I gave up hope quite a few years ago tbh, so I'm not expecting anything...but I want answers damn it!!
Why do the good manga always have hiatuses??!

At this point I don't even care if Yazawa just wraps it up in one really long chapter, it's better than leaving everything up in the air for over 6 years -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 8:45 PM
Jun 2010
The page apparently says it's been on hiatus since July of 09, not may. If that's true, maybe it won't return this month but in July.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
May 13, 2016 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
The hiatus is all Dai Maou's fault!!! But maybe the manga will resume on the 7th of the 7 (July) : ) Or in 2017...

But really, I just hope that everything is okay with Yazawa-sensei <3
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
May 13, 2016 7:53 AM
Mar 2012
I hope so. I love NANA! It''s such a good anime to watch.
May 19, 2016 3:53 PM
May 2016
I heard there was a Nana 2 so could that possibly be the problem? I mean if you look up Nana 2 series it'll show pictures in images and it'll show picture in anime and in normal form whatever you call it in human form or whatever but could that possibly be why?
May 19, 2016 4:00 PM
May 2016
I think it's some movie I'm not sure right now i just saw nana 2 when I went online to look I'm not sure if it's an anime series or in so I called it "human form" but...
May 21, 2016 12:48 AM
Jun 2010
Nanalover09 said:
I think it's some movie I'm not sure right now i just saw nana 2 when I went online to look I'm not sure if it's an anime series or in so I called it "human form" but...

nana 2 is most likely the second Nana live action movie, haha, human form.

Jul 14, 2016 5:13 PM
Jul 2016
The TV show was pretty good I watch it on Netflix and love the TV show only if I have one problem the TV show the end
episode I didn't like it I was hoping hachi and nobu go back together and and they get married
Jul 14, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 2016
I was hoping they make it this year nana I hope it turned out good
Aug 5, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
I've been waiting ever since the start of the hiatus in 2009... And over the years there have been rumours but still, nothing has came out since. At this point, her not dropping this project is good enough for me, knowing that at least it is still "to be continued", though idk when T____T sighs
Aug 15, 2016 5:56 AM
Aug 2016
Honestly i don't think that she will continue the Story. I watched Nana again and i read manga again and i think she makes it too complicated with this future stories thigs. maybe she wants to make an unusual manga and she done it in some sens but c'mon Nana is really hard this is really feel strong manga/Anime you can feel there every single Feeling and it doesnt metter if you read a manga or you watch the Anime.

I don't know what Kind of illness she had in some Polnish Forums People said that it was or still is a Depression and if its true then she won't finish it. :(

Of course i wish that she will make it. Every year in August between 11-12 by the Shooting stars Show i make some wishes "please make Nana to be continued, please make that Hachi will be with Nobu :P etc." (which is quite egoistic) but i lose hope now :( or maybe she will give us a Christmas gift who knows...
MalwkaAug 15, 2016 6:12 AM
Aug 17, 2016 12:21 PM
Aug 2014
Ai Yazawa during an interview for ROLA fashion magazine: "I'll come back and finish NANA"
'
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/4y71xp/ai_yazawa_during_an_interview_for_rola_fashion/
Aug 18, 2016 1:38 PM
Aug 2016
Omg! I hope this ist true! But i will first believe wenn i will read a new chapter ;) but this ist already something...somehow it made my day ^_^
Aug 19, 2016 3:27 PM

Apr 2013

It's finally happening.
Aug 19, 2016 7:08 PM

Apr 2009
It's true! It's finally happening *tears of joy*
Sep 17, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2015
I've been waiting for years and I'LL continue to wait for a couple more.
Oct 4, 2016 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
This makes me so happy!!!
I LOVE NANA, but I wan't Hachi to be with NOBU! Not Takumi... ;_;
Oct 12, 2016 4:15 AM
Dec 2012
2 months, still no news. damned Ai
Nov 11, 2016 3:48 PM

Sep 2009
Cookie magazine!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMoSeHkj6_I/?taken-by=ai_yazawa !!!

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Nov 14, 2016 8:27 PM
Mar 2013
Oh my god, I really hope she'll return soon!
Nov 14, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2016
Here's to hoping we'll see the end to this manga in our lifetime! And a possible continuation from MadHouse?

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Nov 15, 2016 12:20 AM

May 2016
I think Nana will be forever on hiatus. Damn it
BAKAYARO!
Nov 18, 2016 5:00 AM
Dec 2012
vriskabell said:
Here's to hoping we'll see the end to this manga in our lifetime! And a possible continuation from MadHouse?

I am pretty sure that she is coming back. I don't know why she hasn't yet, maybe she is struggling to find a proper continuation, or she doesn't respect her loyal fans who has supported her for more than ten years, or maybe commercial reasons. however, she will definitely come back and finish the manga. What I very very very doubt is that MadHouse, or any other studio, will adapt a long seinen manga. see what happened to d-gray man
Jan 7, 2017 10:35 PM
Feb 2016
still waiting...ill wait as long as i need to i use want to know its coming back PLZ...MANGA ONLY IDC
Feb 13, 2017 3:30 PM

Jun 2015
At this point I have completely stopped caring. It's obvious she doesn't care enough to share some news. Even something very quick and small. Thus, as I said, I have stopped caring and gotten over the manga. I wish her the best concerning her health but that's pretty much it.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.
Feb 17, 2017 3:20 AM

Apr 2015
I just completed Nana and its my favourite manga ever, though I've not read much manga but nothing can top this! So it's been on hiatus since 2009?? Are there any chances of it returning??
Mar 19, 2017 2:12 PM
Mar 2017
Started a petition to Ai Yazawa please get as many signature as you can get to get Yazawa to restart NANA, spread the word!!!!

https://www.change.org/p/ai-yazawa-to-re-start-nana
Apr 14, 2017 11:38 PM
Jan 2016
aliudreamer said:
Started a petition to Ai Yazawa please get as many signature as you can get to get Yazawa to restart NANA, spread the word!!!!

https://www.change.org/p/ai-yazawa-to-re-start-nana

I like the idea of the petition to ask her to finish it ....but sorry if i sound rude but i do not agree with your message of telling her how to end it. That would not be right she should end it how she wants to.

Also in my opinion. Takumi cheats on Hachi all the time and in the manga he did in fact actually have some type of romance back then with Reira. So no i wouldnt like takumi to be with Hachi. But i also dont want Hachi to be with Nobu because Nobu is to good for her. That's just my opinion though i wouldnt ask Yazawa what to write. She is able to do what she wants.
Apr 17, 2017 1:27 PM
Aug 2015
I just finished the anime (and i loved it!though the ending brought more questions than answers) and I decided not to read the manga with all these hiatus or break... I won't raise my expectation. I just hope that the manga artist will continue it. If not, then I'll consider the ending of the anime the real ending. No offense but I don't want to read a manga with no proper ending from its creator.
Apr 22, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2007
AceDRoger said:
I just finished the anime (and i loved it!though the ending brought more questions than answers) and I decided not to read the manga with all these hiatus or break... I won't raise my expectation. I just hope that the manga artist will continue it. If not, then I'll consider the ending of the anime the real ending. No offense but I don't want to read a manga with no proper ending from its creator.

you should still read it. i think. although there's no guarantee she will end it one day, but the manga is just to good. yazawa is still my favourite mangaka even though she doesn't write since 2009

i get the feeling i'll die waiting for Nana, but i'll wait, i'm not giving up on this
Feb 5, 2018 6:37 AM
Oct 2015
Dayan said:

i get the feeling i'll die waiting for Nana, but i'll wait, i'm not giving up on this

2018 and I still cry for a proper ending
May 27, 2021 2:50 PM
Dec 2017
2021 and sadly nothing ever new came out.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Chapter 37 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 36 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 23, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 35 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Sep 10, 2018

1 by Safrichh »»
Apr 22, 10:38 AM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 34 Discussion

accela - Jun 11, 2008

3 by Safrichh »»
Apr 21, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Nana Chapter 33 Discussion

ichiban_alex - May 5, 2017

2 by Safrichh »»
Apr 20, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.