Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2016 2:34 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013

WE WILL ONLY DISCUSS ABOUT THE ANIME AND NOT THE MANGA. FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER, READ THE MANGA.

So this will be the first of several anime discussion threads. I'll be adding the ones that trending. Keep in mind that I don't watch every airing show, so I'll only add the ones I have watched.

So let's get started.

Let's talk about the characters. We have lots of characters that are very interesting. I personally liked Hisako the most. Underrated imo but her looks and cooking are very unique.
TaLoN_senpaiJan 7, 2016 9:39 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 6, 2016 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
Shokugeki no Soma !! i watched 10 episodes .. well i liked the general idea about cooking ..it's new for me but didn't like how the main character wins all the competitions easily ..was not exciting :/ .. so i dropped it.
Jan 6, 2016 7:24 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
TaLoN_sama said:
Shokugeki no Soma !! i watched 10 episodes .. well i liked the general idea about cooking ..it's new for me but didn't like how the main character wins all the competitions easily ..was not exciting :/ .. so i dropped it.

I recommend you watch the whole show because looks can be deceiving. You're not even into the good stuff.

Jan 6, 2016 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
it's been so long .. but i'll try to give it another chance :/
Jan 6, 2016 8:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I recommend you focus more on the rivals than how he;s good and all.

Jan 7, 2016 2:05 AM

Jan 2012
You definitely stopped with the show too fast, Talon.

I liked Alice A LOT. I love watching molecular gastronomy on TV, that's why I love Alice. It definitely has nothing to do with the fact that she's just THE BEST.

I also really liked the Aldini brothers. Can't wait for the day when Takumi and Souma battle for the first seat.
Jan 7, 2016 5:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Better than Iron Chef America.

Jan 10, 2016 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
This series was fun to watch on my opinion, it had the "wow" effect going on in every episodes... and I love how it draws you in and rile you up... over a cooking contest xD

I finished the whole series, loved it, hoping for a second season to come =3=

Only hated the glorious amount of fanservice added to the series... I believe it was already amazing, there is no need for so much fanservice into it xD

Alice is one of my favourite character in this series xD cooking using "science" is something slowly on the rise as of this era... I mean I found out a few restaurants that don't even use a stove to cook... her persona is something I find adorable yet with that elegant flair, something fresh on the menu you know, kinda tired of the whole - tsun and elegant hime dere esques =3= it is overused by now xD

Do satisfy my sapiosexual needs xD
Jan 10, 2016 3:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked Hisako's medical cooking style because in my opinion it's very underrated. When people hear the word medical they most likely assume food will be bland, like hospital food. But when I saw the type of ingredients Hisako uses I was amazed. She's got a very great understanding on what to use and how to use them.

Jan 10, 2016 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Hisako's cute :3

I wonder what kind of research the mangaka / writer went through o-o I mean, I've heard a few of those herbs they used, but the rest,... o-o nope... and I know for sure, to make something delicious out of herbs are usually out of the question xD

The kinds of medicinal food I'd have so far, most of them are bitter...

I had Chi kut teh - Chicken version of this

Bak Kut Teh Wiki

It slightly bitter-ish with sweetness of some of the herbs... o-o yum
Refreshing though... A very complex dish...

So I can only speculate, the taste is something akin to this dish...

Ah man, watching this makes me miss Yakitate Japan
Jan 10, 2016 4:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well medicinal herbs due tend to have a bitter taste. Most of the ones I use are bitter and a bit raspy.

Jan 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2015
I really loved the show and can't wait for the second season.. I finished last 12 episodes in one go without break. Couldn't resist it lol

Plus being an Indian, so many references to Indian dishes made me elated especially Hayama who made them in such a way I never heard of :P
Who can forget the "fragrance bomb" >_<
"GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Jan 11, 2016 12:09 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked the omelette dish. Simple type of dish yet full of vibrant flavor.

Jan 21, 2016 10:03 PM

Jul 2013
i just finished it .. well it's a good anime .. i like it and still waiting so see the reactions on Erina's face when she knows about soma's father xD that tsundere ... btw have anyone ever tried any dish of them ??
Jan 24, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2016
Almost takes the first place in my favorite list , watched it twice and just wait the second season.

I literally love Ikumi's food . such meat , much wow.
Jan 25, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2013
@sincrownN @LovelyHikari @Rayme @ZumBum
but i have to say .. whenever i watch that anime i feel hungry lol .. is it just me ?? :P
Jan 25, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
Nope.
I always have some food with me when watching food related anime. You can't survive those without any snacks.
Toriko also made me eat snacks whenever I was watching it.
Jan 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2016
Well im not feeling hungry , but I would love to eat some of them especially the meat , because its the best food as long as you do sports/gym mucho proteins and as long as it is tasty asf , you are in HEAVEN .
Jan 25, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
I always get some food ready before watching the new episodes, even if I were to re-watch, I'd ready with some snacks
Jan 27, 2016 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
@sincrownN yeah ... when i was going to gym i was picking meat meals without fat .. only protein ... but in the anime there is so much fat .. and it's delicious :P
Jan 28, 2016 12:36 AM

Jan 2012
sincrownN said:
Well im not feeling hungry , but I would love to eat some of them especially the meat , because its the best food as long as you do sports/gym mucho proteins and as long as it is tasty asf , you are in HEAVEN .

I don't think you need to do sports or go to the gym to love meat. ;o
Jan 28, 2016 6:34 AM

Jan 2016
ZumBum said:
sincrownN said:

Didn't mean that xD It doesn't matter if you do sports or gym , the love for meat is still the same but if you just stay on a chair all the day and you eat a lot of meat you might get fat , maybe not when you are a teenager but later around 26+ you might get really fat xD so if you do sports/gym you can eat almost as much meat as you want because it helps you a lot .
Jan 28, 2016 9:14 AM

Jan 2012
sincrownN said:
ZumBum said:

Didn't mean that xD It doesn't matter if you do sports or gym , the love for meat is still the same but if you just stay on a chair all the day and you eat a lot of meat you might get fat , maybe not when you are a teenager but later around 26+ you might get really fat xD so if you do sports/gym you can eat almost as much meat as you want because it helps you a lot .

I know what you meant. Just teasing ;D
Jan 28, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2016
ZumBum said:
sincrownN said:

I know what you meant. Just teasing ;D

y u do dis ? stahp .
Jan 28, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
sincrownN said:

@ZumBum @Rayme @LovelyHikari @Himadri-kun
that's not me -,- ... i dont get fat because i cant eat to much if i dont do any sports it's not because i'm not hungry .. but i dont have an appetite :/

so what meat do u prefer? for me i like sheep :P the smell, the taste and everything .. i remember that the anime has used sheep meat but don't remember what dish it was :/
TaLoN_senpaiJan 28, 2016 3:57 PM
Jan 28, 2016 4:01 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I don't remember them using sheep meat. Personally I prefer beef since chicken can get pretty dry if not marinated properly. Meat cuts like skirt steak are my favorite. Season them in orange/pineapple juice and chipotle peppers.

Jan 28, 2016 9:19 PM

Dec 2010
This is making me want to move the show back into my "watching" list, especially cause @ZumBum mentioned molecular gastronomy. I have it on-hold.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 29, 2016 2:14 AM

Jan 2012
@Hinaaa Better do!!! Unfortunately there isn't that much molecular gastronomy in SnS. The only one doing it is Alice (just the best girl).

Ugh, meat..meat... I remember that I've tried horse meat once. I pretty much couldn't eat it, cause I kinda like horses :||||. It just didn't feel right to me to eat a horse ._..
Otherwise, I like chicken, beef, pork, turkey,..... But tbh, I don't like that many sorts of meat. Some just have a weird taste :/.
Jan 29, 2016 4:38 AM

Jan 2016
the most i prefer chicken and fish

@talon_sama , I don't really get fat too but well I do sport , I think I eat like 5-6 times a day even night I eat a lot xD Can't get over 86kilos only in my dreams >.>
Jan 29, 2016 5:10 AM

Jul 2013
sincrownN said:

I don't really get fat too but well I do sport , I think I eat like 5-6 times a day even night I eat a lot xD Can't get over 86kilos only in my dreams >.>

lol i cant get over 63kilos xD
Jan 29, 2016 8:18 AM

Jan 2016
TaLoN_sama said:
sincrownN said:

I don't really get fat too but well I do sport , I think I eat like 5-6 times a day even night I eat a lot xD Can't get over 86kilos only in my dreams >.>

lol i cant get over 63kilos xD

meh my height is 1.95 so xd
Jan 29, 2016 12:17 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm 6ft 4 in or so. Like today I ate 3 slices of pizza, felt full + Dr.Pepper can. While my co-worker at like 6 slices and he was still eating after that as he bought 3 boxes of pizza to my department.

Jan 29, 2016 12:54 PM

Jan 2016
ez
Jan 29, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2012
I can't get over 60kg lol. I'm about 168/169 tho ~.~. And like talon, I don't do any sport.
Jan 29, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
@sincrownN
wah .. lol u r tall .. i'm just 1.70 :P

@ZumBum
i stopped doing sports 2 months ago ... but before that i was a good runner and used to go to gym everyday ... i hope i can do sport soon but i got really bad injury now and may be that last for long time :(

@LovelyHikari
someone like him will make u try to eat more .. be careful man xD
Jan 29, 2016 1:28 PM

Jan 2016
Mhm , i played handball 5 years till 3 years ago >.< broke my leg's muscle with some complications and had to stay 1 year on bench , lost too much , was too mad that I can't play and i gave up QQ thinking about my future and now I regret it because idc anymore , I miss the feel of winning and shooting and having a team and going all over the country and in some other countries and all the fun QQ
Jan 29, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2012
Injuries fuck you up so hard :/
Jan 29, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2016
when i was 13-14 I mean when I broke my leg's muscle i was fat asf 1.80 and 100kilos so there was a really big pressure on my legs , so when we had to run 12km on a mountain and after that we had to do some jump exercises , rip muscle.

ps: i could be him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ut0PWJKXY xD but now im just sitting on a chair drinking some beer.
sincrownNJan 29, 2016 1:36 PM
Jan 29, 2016 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
ZumBum said:

oh you have no idea ... i played soccer last week and was running like one legged pirate xD

@sincrownN sports can be scary sometimes i guess:/
Jan 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2016
@talon_sama if you do them for performance they fk u up so hard. But if you just do them for having fun i guess its funny xd
Jan 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2013
@sincrownN i always have fun with sports even when i play hard untill get dizzy
Jan 29, 2016 3:46 PM

Jan 2016
well you have the fun after the pain xd
Jan 29, 2016 4:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
TaLoN_sama said:
ZumBum said:

oh you have no idea ... i played soccer last week and was running like one legged pirate xD

@sincrownN sports can be scary sometimes i guess:/

Of course. Look at Derrick Rose from the Chicago Bulls. He's like the most injury prone player. And I also remember watching a video where a Mexican news reporter called Randy Orton from WWE fragile because of what he ate. I was like really?

Jan 29, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2016
@LovelyHikari Randy Orton was the "retarded" guy which was trying to kill them xd? The one with the RKO ,right ? Well thats what reporters have to do , eat lot of shit .
Jan 30, 2016 5:44 PM

Jul 2012
Do you know that one of the reasons that we have such a large brain ratio is because our predecessor were so addicted to Fat? That addiction is passed down to us, which is why we just can't help wanting fat in our diet. Also, the fact we crave salty food is because sodium is an important part of our meal but its rare for our predecessor thus is why once we manage to use salt in food, our brain just go - Hey... that's good stuff, sthuff is down ur mouth - and we have a hard time to stop =-=

^ Unfortunately our brain is not wired well enough to know how to stop xD thus is why we can't stop once we have anything salty... ( Fried chicken, Potato Chips etc )

^ According to science

Jan 31, 2016 2:46 AM

Jan 2016
Rayme said:
Do you know that one of the reasons that we have such a large brain ratio is because our predecessor were so addicted to Fat? That addiction is passed down to us, which is why we just can't help wanting fat in our diet. Also, the fact we crave salty food is because sodium is an important part of our meal but its rare for our predecessor thus is why once we manage to use salt in food, our brain just go - Hey... that's good stuff, sthuff is down ur mouth - and we have a hard time to stop =-=

^ Unfortunately our brain is not wired well enough to know how to stop xD thus is why we can't stop once we have anything salty... ( Fried chicken, Potato Chips etc )

^ According to science

Well im not "addicted" to salt/salty food , I can eat even without it , but my mom uses a lot of salt when she cooks so xD
Jan 31, 2016 11:08 AM

Jul 2013
sincrownN said:

Well im not "addicted" to salt/salty food , I can eat even without it , but my mom uses a lot of salt when she cooks so xD

i don't like salty food ...neither the sweets :/
Jan 31, 2016 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
Well not everyone have the same quirks :3 Blame genetic mutation and personal environment, etc

If for me, I love food in general - I accept all 4 main tastes - just that I'm not good with certain culture's taste... Like mexican xD Too much potato manngg

Shokugeki no soma's food are nyamazing o-o I want to try to make some.. but I don't have enough ingredients =3=
Feb 1, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2013
@Rayme same thing with me .. i really want to try new dishes like japanese's and italian's ... but can't find that easily here :( .. even if i do they are expensive :/
Feb 1, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah I don't know for sure how the local taste would be like and how close to original the food are too, so I don't wanna try yet xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 🍓 Count to 100,000,000 v2 🍓 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetKiichigo - Jan 12, 2021

4037 by omorashi »»
3 hours ago

» [GAME]👑Count to 25 Before Discussion Creator Comments👑 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

electricmoon - Nov 15, 2016

6517 by omorashi »»
3 hours ago

» [GAME] First Thought ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dead_Dragon - Nov 16, 2013

5690 by Serafos »»
Apr 19, 9:07 PM

» [GAME] ABC ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetKiichigo - May 14, 2016

9613 by Serafos »»
Apr 19, 4:16 AM

Sticky: » Official Member and Staff Badges ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetKiichigo - Mar 27, 2016

380 by hanakoxbby »»
Mar 9, 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.