Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty good start as expected of KyoAni. Just hope the plot won't go downhill later on. Haven't check the novel yet but can we expect some romance here?
Keep moving forward
Jan 6, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Animation as usual of KyoAni is beautiful, I enjoyed the action but the fanservice was way more than I thought it'll be (It felt weird at times as well), hopefully it gets better as we go on.
Jan 6, 2016 2:00 PM
May 2015
First episode really looked generic...This episode also reminded me of Charlotte, Kyoukai no Kanata and Railgun (Onee-sama). I would have dropped this show by now but Kyoto Animation is one of my favourite companies so I'll give this show a chance.

Jan 6, 2016 2:03 PM
May 2015
So much fanservice...
Jan 6, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
GenT-san said:
Pretty good start as expected of KyoAni. Just hope the plot won't go downhill later on. Haven't check the novel yet but can we expect some romance here?

There isn't really much. Not enough to consider it part of the genre. Also to anyone who didn't know, the whole limbo scene is anime original, and Kyoani (for better or worse) has been adding fanservice.
Jan 6, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
I was expecting a lot of cliche (and there is some here and there) but the limbo dance was fun to watch at least
Jan 6, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
Ophis said:
GenT-san said:

There isn't really much. Not enough to consider it part of the genre. Also to anyone who didn't know, the whole limbo scene is anime original, and Kyoani (for better or worse) has been adding fanservice.

And here I thought they had to because of LN.

Jan 6, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2015
I didn't find anything interesting within the first 10 minutes and the fanservice bothered me too much. Drop.
Noragami reading/watching order: http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/noragami-guide

"2016 will be the year of Sanji" - Eiichiro Oda
Jan 6, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode and I doubt the fanservice is going to be as heavy later, they should focus more on the story... unless KyoAni wants otherwise.

Also, the story actually seems interesting, unlike some LN adaptations.
Jan 6, 2016 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
GuidedCursor said:
Ophis said:

And here I thought they had to because of LN.

I personally don't have much of an issue with it but I can see how some people could I guess.
Jan 6, 2016 2:20 PM

Dec 2015
Yay! Fanservice as I expected :P
Looking forward to more Limbo with Mai :D
Jan 6, 2016 2:26 PM

Jan 2015
I enjoyed the art ,characters and comedy so far. Looks like it'll be enjoyable.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 6, 2016 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
Damn this episode is gold XD
Since KyoAni animated the Endless Eight, I have understood that I can expect pretty much ANYTHING from them...
Jan 6, 2016 2:31 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
6/10 at best for the first episode.
Great animation but its expected from KyoAni.
Might be the ''its so fuckin stupid but still entertaining'' of the season.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 6, 2016 2:35 PM

Apr 2013
animation is great, art is great, ruru reminds me of puck from berserk

really entertaining and that is all that matters
Jan 6, 2016 2:37 PM

May 2013
Dat fanservice. KyoAni pls.

Also nice start though kinda weird. It was nice to hear Keima and Haqua interact again (here I go again). The limbo scene 11/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jan 6, 2016 2:40 PM

Jul 2011
Kyoukai no Kanata 2.0
Jan 6, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2014
I just pressed random anime from site i watch, and this popped in. Did not expect to like this this much. Nice start. I'm looking forward to see more of this.
Jan 6, 2016 2:42 PM

Jan 2014
Wow that episode was hilarious...
Jan 6, 2016 2:44 PM
Mar 2013
looks pretty good so far. I liked the visuals at the start where the graphics of the world slowly improved. I liked the youkai stuff too. Especially haruhiko's questioning of the morality between humans and youkai. Could lead to some interesting developments down the road. I feel like Reina's introduction was a little rushed, I would have preferred if they spend this episode on world-building. Overall, good first impression though.
Jan 6, 2016 2:47 PM

Jun 2015
I enjoyed this first episode! Will continue watching. Not sure why everyone is hating on Ruru thought she was pretty funny.
Jan 6, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2015
the Smooth animation makes fanservice even better :3

Jan 6, 2016 2:58 PM
Dec 2012
All I can say is that Mai girl is surprisingly nimble and that I like.
OP is really catchy. Listened to it a few times already.
The fan service with comedy was a nice touch.

The phantoms designs are kinda, eh. Then again no one is watching this for the phantoms. Aside from Ruru, perhaps?

Above average. Mostly for the music, animation and art design.
Will most likely continue watching for the lighthearted fan service and comedy.
Jan 6, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2015
Some interesting chart I found lying around.

Jan 6, 2016 3:04 PM

Jan 2015
Tylaen said:

Oh very interesting, seems like there's a lot more depth going on than the first episode showed off. Good find.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 6, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2015
More action than what I expected in this first episode. Love the animation, though not a big fan of the fan service.
Jan 6, 2016 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
i like it so far the fan service was kinda mild compared to what ive seen but i can understand why it would bother some. the brief fight scene was well animated im not really familiar with kyoani looks like they do mostly slice of life comedies so not sure if an action harem is unprecidented for them. will keep watching for sure.
Jan 6, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
jc9622 said:
First episode really looked generic...This episode also reminded me of Charlotte, Kyoukai no Kanata and Railgun (Onee-sama). I would have dropped this show by now but Kyoto Animation is one of my favourite companies so I'll give this show a chance.

Same here but too much boobs for me.
Jan 6, 2016 3:10 PM

Jun 2015
Could barely make it through the first episode. Dropped, which is unfortunate because I like KyoAni.
Jan 6, 2016 3:15 PM

Jun 2011
Kyoani doesn't give a fuck what anyone says. They make what they want as evidenced with this.

This looks like a less pretentious Kyoukai no Kanata. Kyoani does best when they're doing things light and fun.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Jan 6, 2016 3:15 PM

Mar 2014
Kirby has reincarnated to a high school girl.

The fanservice in this show is pretty obvious but,,

This show is really fun!

Can't wait to see wehre they go with this! I really like all of the characters already!

Dat self groping though . . .

Th girl with headphones reminds me of Iwasawa from Angel Beats.

-Such a fangirl.

The concpt for this show is a really intresting and cool one. Nice work KyoAni
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Jan 6, 2016 3:16 PM

Apr 2015
bobzanny said:
Tylaen said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/RoqD4SL.png[/ig]

Oh very interesting, seems like there's a lot more depth going on than the first episode showed off. Good find.

Well...whomever wrote the light novel found an odd place for inspiration for trivial things such as showing off breasts.
Jan 6, 2016 3:25 PM
Dec 2012
So wait wait, you're saying there was an actual reason she was touching her Lungs(breasts) and Kidneys?

Spleen, Heart and Liver is next? Can't wait.
Jan 6, 2016 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
Great OP!
And i really like the concept of the world :3
Kyoani doesn't disappoint.
Jan 6, 2016 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
Reading all these complaints make me think you're all Puritan prudes or something. Kyoani makes beautiful fanservice whenever they include them (Amagi, Euphonium, even Hyouka). When will people learn to turn off their brains at appropriate times?
Jan 6, 2016 3:28 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, this is one of the first KyoAni shows I like abnd half the people are really not into it, when usually mos people like KyoAni's stuff.
Jan 6, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
StardustNyako said:
Wow, this is one of the first KyoAni shows I like abnd half the people are really not into it, when usually mos people like KyoAni's stuff.
ppl just like to hate whats popular

ive seen madhouse, shaft, pa works, kyoani and many studios that used to get all the praise get random hate.

its from these hipsters and new members who dont know anything about anime and just started watched 2 years ago.

notice the hate is coming from ppl with small ass lists and no anime experience.
Jan 6, 2016 3:33 PM

Jun 2011
moodie said:
StardustNyako said:

ive seen madhouse, shaft, pa works, kyoani and many studios that used to get all the praise get random hate.

its from these hipsters and new members who dont know anything about anime and just started watched 2 years ago.

notice the hate is coming from ppl with small ass lists and no anime experience.

Or hypocrites who enjoy fujoshi pandering like Prince of Stride as some "guilty pleasure."
TyrelJan 6, 2016 4:41 PM
Jan 6, 2016 3:39 PM

Jun 2008
Guys! The ''fanservice'' that you're all complaining about is most likely there just for comedy value.
Jan 6, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2014
A huge disappointment for me so far.
The story didn't seem interesting at all
OP and ED was bellow decent
WAY to much fanservice for my taste. (I have always appreciated the fact that KyoAni tends to not have that much fanservice in their anime.)
I will probably still end up watching the entire season even if the next episode fails to make me interested
Maybe I overhyped this anime as I have been expecting and waiting for it for a long time. Hopefully next episode will be better although I don't think it will..
Jan 6, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
moodie said:
StardustNyako said:

Hm, interesting.

I never lok at people's lists but if that's the case then I hope thy change their view.
Jan 6, 2016 3:41 PM

Nov 2014
Watching for the fanservice.
Jan 6, 2016 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
After watching Haruchika and come watch this, boy I feel much better.
Start off good so far in my opinion.
This is somewhat funny too and the art and sound/music is real nice as well.
This will be an enjoyable series this season along with Gate.
OP and ED are meh.
Jan 6, 2016 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
Judging from just this episode, this is the worst KyoAni show Ive watched so far. All it had going for it were the visuals and even those were all over the place in terms of colors (those fucking Lighnovel uniforms). Most Kyoani shows have what I´d call "tasteful" fanservice but in this one its just way to obvious that they want us to look at tits n butts. The magicstuff sounded like it came right out of rikka takanashis mouth, only that in chuuni it was supposed to be funny and here they're dead serious.
The OP is typical kyoani sensory overload both in terms of music and visuals. The ED was alright. Overall... meh... I really wanted to like this show and I usually love what KyoAni produces, I guess Ill give it a couple more episodes to get to me
oh well... whatever happens, happens
Jan 6, 2016 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Well that was ok I guess. I'm not gonna share my complaints about the fanservice or generic stuff or anything like that since most people in this thread have pretty much mentioned the stuff I wanted to say. But yeah, the animation is damn good. Unfortunately, pretty colors can't make up for an uninteresting story, so hopefully that aspect gets better (not really expecting it to, but whatever).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 6, 2016 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Kyoto Animation: saving anime one season at a time
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jan 6, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2011
It's really funny actually. When you get a post whining about fanservice this, fanservice that, no one bothers to reply. At most, it's just a requote and them saying, "I agree fanservice sucks XD" but when someone calls them out, then all bets are off.
Jan 6, 2016 4:01 PM

Apr 2013
Chibi-Alice said:
Guys! The ''fanservice'' that you're all complaining about is most likely there just for comedy value.

shaking my head when a silly scene like the limbo stuff is seen as purely fanservice...

some people seem to be incapable of seeing humour in something if it even remotely involves fanservice.
Jan 6, 2016 4:02 PM
Jul 2018
>no one complains about Free! fanservice
>this is being nonstop shitted on
Equality is a beautiful thing, is it not?
Jan 6, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2011
Tokoya said:
Ophis said:
>that fucking bouncing
Kyoani does it again.
LMFAOOOOOOO

10/10

The only good thing of this first episode.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is the most attractive Musaigen no Phantom World character?

Shizuna - Apr 16

16 by shawnfoster »»
Apr 17, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Who do you think Haruhiko should end up with? ( 1 2 )

Matsurichan - Feb 14, 2016

73 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Nov 20, 2023 6:16 PM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

235 by esolcdneirf »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:10 PM

» How was it?

kurumidesu22 - Nov 2, 2023

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:41 AM

Poll: » Musaigen no Phantom World Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2016

240 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.