Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
 
May 28, 2016 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 519
» Read a manga about food, music or art

suggestions??

i'm 4 mangas away from completing the challenge, but i have like 345142 ongoing series i have to catch up to so no long ones pls (4 volumes max) thank
 
May 28, 2016 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1188
 
May 28, 2016 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
Yaoi said:
» Read a manga about food, music or art

suggestions??

i'm 4 mangas away from completing the challenge, but i have like 345142 ongoing series i have to catch up to so no long ones pls (4 volumes max) thank


Kakukaku Shikajika is art

Solanin for music
Antique bakery is food
 
May 28, 2016 8:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 519

i've already read Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan, but i'll try the first one thanks

AudioTsunami said:


Kakukaku Shikajika is art

Solanin for music
Antique bakery is food

ok man i'll try Kakukaku Shikajika and Solanin thank
 
May 28, 2016 8:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
You only need 1. Kakukaku Shikajika is literally the best.
 
May 31, 2016 12:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 519
AudioTsunami said:
You only need 1. Kakukaku Shikajika is literally the best.

yea i've been meaning to read it but it totally slipped my mind that it can also be used for the art category; thanks for the push man
 
Jun 2, 2016 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 218
Can I use this manga (http://myanimelist.net/manga/48025/Magi__Sinbad_no_Bouken) to fill the tag
» Read a manga based on a one-shot that got serialized
since before it, there was this one (http://myanimelist.net/manga/59231/Magi__Sinbad_no_Bouken_-_Prototype)?
Or the prototype doesn't count as "one-shot"?


"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
 
Jun 2, 2016 9:05 AM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3926
Lady_Nera said:
Can I use this manga (http://myanimelist.net/manga/48025/Magi__Sinbad_no_Bouken) to fill the tag
» Read a manga based on a one-shot that got serialized
since before it, there was this one (http://myanimelist.net/manga/59231/Magi__Sinbad_no_Bouken_-_Prototype)?
Or the prototype doesn't count as "one-shot"?

I'm pretty sure it counts.




challenges

forum sets
listen
source
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
 
Jun 2, 2016 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
Yeah, I'd say it counts.
 
Jun 4, 2016 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1188
@Lady_Nera It counts. I'll add it to the list we have in the FAQ section.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
 
Jun 4, 2016 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 218
@DeadlyRaven, @AudioTsunami, @tsuyokunaru

Thank you! Then I'll read that manga for the challenge :)


"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
 
Jun 5, 2016 7:25 AM
Mistress of Fate

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1613
Hiya I need a manga for the challenge, I don't mind if its ongoing but preferably less then 100 chapters.
No ecchi, harem, yuri, RomComs plss
thx
 
Jun 5, 2016 7:49 AM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3926
fatebleach said:
Hiya I need a manga for the challenge, I don't mind if its ongoing but preferably less then 100 chapters.
No ecchi, harem, yuri, RomComs plss
thx


I saw Skip Beat in your favorite so I think you'd like Cat Street. It's not a romcom even if there's a romance tag on it.
Vampire Juujikai




challenges

forum sets
listen
source
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
 
Jun 5, 2016 8:01 AM
Mistress of Fate

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1613
Arigatou ^^
I might use both hehe
 
Jun 5, 2016 8:03 AM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3926
@fatebleach No problem, good luck with the challenge. ^_^




challenges

forum sets
listen
source
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
 
Jun 9, 2016 4:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 40
Alright I need a recommendation for something to read, really leaning towards seinen and shonan but up to trying new things. Longer series are ok also
 
Jun 9, 2016 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

^ Would appreciate any recs, completed only please. No preferences of any kind :)
 
Jun 9, 2016 5:06 PM
Forum Moderator
got any shinies?

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3926
Sacred said:
Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant

^ Would appreciate any recs, completed only please. No preferences of any kind :)


Wow, you read so many manga! (・о・) It's a bit hard to find something you haven't read but I found a few.
Beck Might be a bit long at 103 chapters though.
Comic Studio
Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi Really sad so I'm not sure if you'll like it.
Smuggler Pretty dark and violent.




challenges

forum sets
listen
source
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
 
Jun 11, 2016 4:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 2973
DeadlyRaven said:
Wow, you read so many manga! (・о・) It's a bit hard to find something you haven't read but I found a few.
Beck Might be a bit long at 103 chapters though.
Comic Studio
Onnanoko ga Shinu Hanashi Really sad so I'm not sure if you'll like it.
Smuggler Pretty dark and violent.

Thanks so much! I look forward to reading these c:
 
Jun 12, 2016 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2514
 
Jun 12, 2016 10:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20873
I'm fairly certain it's a doujinshi.
 
Jun 13, 2016 1:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 2514
O-okay, then. Then what could you suggest to me any webmanga or 4-koma that is worth reading and already finished? Thanks a bunch
 
Jun 13, 2016 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 20873
@Joms
Hanged Doll
Pet Diary
Annarasumanara
Nineteen, Twenty-One
My Heart Is Beating
B-gata H-kei
Echo-Pun
 
Jun 14, 2016 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1188
@Joms
Seconding Nineteen, Twenty-One if you like cute stuff! Annarasumanara is quite deep and has very cool art.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
 
Jun 18, 2016 7:42 PM
Lord Potato

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 652
Anyone got any suggestions for a novel I can read online? Preferably something horror.~
 
Jun 18, 2016 9:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
I suggest you check Baka tsuki. You only need 1 volume too.

@Rojo
 
Jun 19, 2016 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1188
@Rojo hmm I guess this would count as horror? I'm not sure how you'll like it though. It's already completely translated, but you only have to read 1 volume for the challenge, not the whole series.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/55215/Utsuro_no_Hako_to_Zero_no_Maria
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
 
Jun 19, 2016 6:00 AM
Lord Potato

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 652
@AudioTsunami @tsuyokunaru Thanks both of you.~ I'll give them both a look up. ^_^
 
Jun 19, 2016 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8387
I have trouble with these two... couldn't find anything suitable at all.

Children as main cast.
Based on real event/person.
 
Jun 19, 2016 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
yurkin said:
I have trouble with these two... couldn't find anything suitable at all.

Children as main cast.
Based on real event/person.


Real Event/Person is fairly easy. You could go with Chikan Otoko, Densha Otoko, Adolf, Innocent, or even something as long(and ridiculously good) as Vagabond.

Children as main cast is much more difficult, but luckily, you have Bokurano on your PTW. So I highly suggest using that one.
 
Jun 19, 2016 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 8387
@AudioTsunami
Then I'll go with Innocent and Bokurano. Thanks.
 
Jun 19, 2016 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 275
Hello everybody, well I need help with this:
- A collection of short stories
- Webmanga or 4-koma
- Children as the main cast
- A recommendation by another participant
 
Jun 19, 2016 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
User-01 said:
Hello everybody, well I need help with this:
- A collection of short stories
- Webmanga or 4-koma
- Children as the main cast
- A recommendation by another participant


I'm reasonably sure Subarashii Sekai works for short stories
ReLife or Annamasumanara for web
Bokurano for Children
Hoshi no Samidare or Crows for rec.
 
Jun 19, 2016 1:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 275
@AudioTsunami

I already have Bokurano, any other series with children as the the main cast?
 
Jun 19, 2016 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 123
User-01 said:
@AudioTsunami

I already have Bokurano, any other series with children as the the main cast?


Incidentally, for a series to count, does the main cast have to be exclusively children? I'd say try Non Non Biyori, but I think only 3 of the 4 main girls are 12 or under (assuming Komari is 13).

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
 
Jun 19, 2016 6:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
Gohan Shiyo
Gogo Monster
PuiPui
 
Jun 20, 2016 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 355
Hey guys, would like some recs for manga that started at the same year I joined up (2015, not on-going please) and general recs for completed manga.

Thanks in advance.
 
Jun 20, 2016 5:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
TakeruChan said:
Hey guys, would like some recs for manga that started at the same year I joined up (2015, not on-going please) and general recs for completed manga.

Thanks in advance.


There just aren't that many options for completed manga that started publishing in 2015, but I did find Gokiburi Buster(it's a one-shot by ONE). Also, ●REC by Mizu Asato which is really really and I've suggested it before for other categories.

As far as general recommendations go, I went and looked up your sign up sheet and came up with; Half & Half, Sidonia no Kishi, Tetsugaku Letra, Innocent.
 
Jun 20, 2016 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 275
@Horkus @AudioTsunami

Thanks for the recs, I'll keep them in mind!
 
Jun 20, 2016 11:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 355
AudioTsunami said:
TakeruChan said:
Hey guys, would like some recs for manga that started at the same year I joined up (2015, not on-going please) and general recs for completed manga.

Thanks in advance.


There just aren't that many options for completed manga that started publishing in 2015, but I did find Gokiburi Buster(it's a one-shot by ONE). Also, ●REC by Mizu Asato which is really really and I've suggested it before for other categories.

As far as general recommendations go, I went and looked up your sign up sheet and came up with; Half & Half, Sidonia no Kishi, Tetsugaku Letra, Innocent.


One shot are more than fine, thanks man, and thanks for the other recs.
 
Jun 21, 2016 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
It's never too late to catch up on a good challenge, I guess.
Anyway, I was wondering if I could choose a manga that I've started reading since this year but not yet finished? Since I started reading it before my starting date, I have some doubts. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Also, send some recs please!
 
Jun 21, 2016 12:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
uitbreken said:
It's never too late to catch up on a good challenge, I guess.
Anyway, I was wondering if I could choose a manga that I've started reading since this year but not yet finished? Since I started reading it before my starting date, I have some doubts. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Also, send some recs please!


You can read stuff that you started THIS year prior to your start date. You can't use anything you started prior to January 1.

Also, reading the FAQ on the first page is a good way to clarify a lot of the rules.

As far as Recs go, You have a lot of good stuff that will probably work for different categories on your PTR, Slam Dunk(which is where your avy is from so it's weird you haven't read it), The asano stuff is ok, Real, Rookies, Omoide Emanon, Orange, My Girl, Pluto, Ping Pong, Kokou no Hito, Koe no Kitachi, Kiseijuu, Holyland is ok, Gunnm, Gantz, Crows, Bokurano, all the adachi stuff, Gunnm, 21st century boys are all worth reading. That's like.. 23 recs. More than enough to complete Easy.
Modified by AudioTsunami, Jun 21, 2016 12:31 PM
 
Jun 21, 2016 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
AudioTsunami said:
uitbreken said:
It's never too late to catch up on a good challenge, I guess.
Anyway, I was wondering if I could choose a manga that I've started reading since this year but not yet finished? Since I started reading it before my starting date, I have some doubts. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Also, send some recs please!


You can read stuff that you started THIS year prior to your start date. You can't use anything you started prior to January 1.

Also, reading the FAQ on the first page is a good way to clarify a lot of the rules.

As far as Recs go, You have a lot of good stuff that will probably work for different categories on your PTR, Slam Dunk(which is where your avy is from so it's weird you haven't read it), The asano stuff is ok, Real, Rookies, Omoide Emanon, Orange, My Girl, Pluto, Ping Pong, Kokou no Hito, Koe no Kitachi, Kiseijuu, Holyland is ok, Gunnm, Gantz, Crows, Bokurano, all the adachi stuff, Gunnm, 21st century boys are all worth reading. That's like.. 23 recs. More than enough to complete Easy.



Yup, that should do!
Haha, as for Slam Dunk I only watched the anime but planned to read the manga as well.
Thanks a lot!
 
Jun 23, 2016 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 349
Can I use Gunslinger Girl for the Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships challenge?
 
Jun 23, 2016 5:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 370
Hershel_Layton said:
Can I use Gunslinger Girl for the Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships challenge?
Since I don't think tsuyokunaru read the manga in the past , I'll take the responsability to respond instead (I've read the manga for last year challenge , in fact).

I think you can . While it is true that there is some "romance" aspect , and it does hold a meaning in the plot too (without spoiling) , I think the relationship between each agents duo is very specific , and can be view in many ways : Father/Daughter ; Brother/Sister ; Master/Slave ; Love/Hate ?
The manga is all about that in my opinion , and question those relationship a lot . It is "romanticize" , but not in a typical way , that's for sure .
In the end , I think it's your choice . If you're not sure about it , then you could use the manga for "Read a manga with children as the main cast" (that would add a little twisted flavor to it ^^ )

I didn't watched the anime version , but I like the manga a lot personaly , so I hope you'll like it as well
Modified by Dullboy, Jun 23, 2016 5:37 AM
 
Jun 23, 2016 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
I think the relationships between the girl's themselves also plays a role in the story and is arguably just as important as the relationship between the handlers and the girls(forgot the exact terminology)
 
Jun 23, 2016 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 349
Dullboy said:
Hershel_Layton said:
Can I use Gunslinger Girl for the Read a manga that focuses on non-romantic relationships challenge?
Since I don't think tsuyokunaru read the manga in the past , I'll take the responsability to respond instead (I've read the manga for last year challenge , in fact).

I think you can . While it is true that there is some "romance" aspect , and it does hold a meaning in the plot too (without spoiling) , I think the relationship between each agents duo is very specific , and can be view in many ways : Father/Daughter ; Brother/Sister ; Master/Slave ; Love/Hate ?
The manga is all about that in my opinion , and question those relationship a lot . It is "romanticize" , but not in a typical way , that's for sure .
In the end , I think it's your choice . If you're not sure about it , then you could use the manga for "Read a manga with children as the main cast" (that would add a little twisted flavor to it ^^ )

I didn't watched the anime version , but I like the manga a lot personaly , so I hope you'll like it as well


I planed to read the manga from the start so I would have found an empty slot for it somewhere. It surprised me that the main cast consists of only the girls. I thought at least Jose or Hirscher would be also included in it.

The various fratello pairings would have been the non-romantic relationships for the challenge, but i don't know if I can simply ignore Henrietta's or Triella's (?) romantic feeling towards their handlers, although they're in the end one-sided. As you suggested, it's better to just use it for another challenge, probably the "Read a manga with children as the main cast".
 
Jun 23, 2016 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 500
Can I use Zero-In for "read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field" if the mains are both private policemen and high schoolers?
 
Jun 25, 2016 9:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 320
Hi! I need a manga for "Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant". Please do recommend me something! Any genre is fine. :)

Also, for "» Read a manga published before 1990" -- does the manga have to be finished before 1990 or can it be like, it started publishing in 198x and finished publishing in 1990+?
Modified by emanime, Jun 25, 2016 9:29 AM
 
Jun 25, 2016 7:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1507
the the pre 1990 challenge, you can do one that ends in the 90s but it has to be around 1990. So if something starts in 87 and ends in 91 or 92, that's probably fine. but something like Ippo that started in 88 and is still running today wouldn't count. First part of JoJo counts.

My rec is Gunnm or Bambino!
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (19) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »