Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

Jan 11, 2016 11:46 AM

midnight_jade said:
Hi, I have a quick question. Not sure if it's been asked though. If a series has 1 or 2 sequal seasons can it still count? For instance I'm currently watching Junjo Romantica 3 and I was thinking of using it for "Shounen Ai" but I wasn't sure if it was possible. If anyone has any suggestions that would be good too. I've already watched Love Stage so that's out.
Also for "Watch an anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game" I was thinking of using Log Horizon's second season but wasn't sure on that either. Could use some suggestions here too. I'm not that good with this topic. SAO and Toradora have already been watched so they're out.
Thank you.

From my understanding, you can use a series you have already started as long as you started watching the series after Jan. 1, 2016. Shouldn't matter if it's a sequel or not. The only thing sequenced series do not count for are the challenges asking for multiple cours; these must be a single running title.

As for the "Watch an anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game" ... Log Horizon: Second Season should be fine.

Jan 11, 2016 11:47 AM

MisaChan93 said:
Hey all!
Anyone got any recommendation for anything interesting (excluding mecha genre)? :D

Check out Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (Asterisk War) :D Happy viewing

Jan 11, 2016 12:28 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Naru-chan said:
Hi, made some badges for the challenge, maybe some of you will like or use them. ^^ I hope it's okay that I used only this anime. ^^" If you like the pattern but not the anime and have a specific image you'd like, I'll try to make it if you PM me. Of course if it's not against the rules or anything. x'D I've never participated in something like this.

Thanks lots! Will add them~
Yeah, it's okay to have made them with what you wanted~ They are lovely.

Jan 11, 2016 1:13 PM

Hey, I am not really familiar with all the jargon used here, so I was wondering about this point in the challange - Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours. What does this imply?

And also, would be nice to get some recomendation anime for the chalange pont. Any genere will do, as I am tryng to broader my experience

Jan 11, 2016 1:18 PM

YoungD said:
Hey, I am not really familiar with all the jargon used here, so I was wondering about this point in the challange - Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours. What does this imply?

And also, would be nice to get some recomendation anime for the chalange pont. Any genere will do, as I am tryng to broader my experience

"One of the four conventional three-month periods of television broadcasting in Japan (January to March; April to June; July to September; October to December): Noragami aired during the first cour of 2014."

Try Noragami.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.

Wise words.

Jan 11, 2016 1:49 PM

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
does this mean small children or everyone until 18?

Jan 11, 2016 1:52 PM

katsaroulhs said:
YoungD said:

"One of the four conventional three-month periods of television broadcasting in Japan (January to March; April to June; July to September; October to December): Noragami aired during the first cour of 2014."

Try Noragami.

To help expand on that a bit as well; a 'cour' is generally 12-13 episodes which run in a three month period as katsaroulhs mentioned. So a 2 cour series would be 24-26 episodes, 3 cour series would be 36-39 episodes, and so forth. A cour generally runs under a single title as well (number sequencing normally does not fall into the multiple cour category).

For the challenge, depending on the difficulty you chose would determine how many cours you would need to watch.

Jan 11, 2016 1:56 PM

KimmyChii said:

Pretty sure small children. Something like Non Non Biyori

Jan 11, 2016 3:06 PM

I was hoping somebody could help me with the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another participant" item. Any genre is fine. Movies and OVAs are welcome, too.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 11, 2016 3:21 PM

Sethlans said:
I was hoping somebody could help me with the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another participant" item. Any genre is fine. Movies and OVAs are welcome, too.

Thanks in advance.

Aoi Bungaku Series
Seirei no Moribito
Eve no Jikan
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Jan 11, 2016 3:45 PM

MinKr said:
katsaroulhs said:

Try Noragami.

To help expand on that a bit as well; a 'cour' is generally 12-13 episodes which run in a three month period as katsaroulhs mentioned. So a 2 cour series would be 24-26 episodes, 3 cour series would be 36-39 episodes, and so forth. A cour generally runs under a single title as well (number sequencing normally does not fall into the multiple cour category).

For the challenge, depending on the difficulty you chose would determine how many cours you would need to watch.

Thanks, I misunderstood cour as season.

Jan 11, 2016 4:19 PM

TrashDax said:
MinKr said:

Thanks, I misunderstood cour as season.
Go to the first post in this thread to find the "FAQ". My extended explanation of cours can be found there along with other useful information about the challenge.

Jan 11, 2016 5:18 PM

» Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike

I have never been a fan of sports anime can someone recommend me a good sports anime that isnt really long

Jan 11, 2016 5:52 PM

jstn18 said:

I have never been a fan of sports anime can someone recommend me a good sports anime that isnt really long

Try Chihayafuru. It's really more a good slice of life anime with the card game being the main activity. I think you might be able to enjoy this. ;)

Jan 11, 2016 5:52 PM

jstn18 said:

Ping Pong The Animation is just one cour. Haikyuu!! and Chihayafuru both have 2 seasons with 25 episodes each.

Jan 11, 2016 6:32 PM
Sleepy Kitty

jstn18 said:

One Outs -> base ball is just a mean to use awesome strategy with badass protagonist. I used to hate sport anime until I watched this one. (you liked code geass, the strategy mind is similar)
Modified by AngelShiva, Jan 11, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 11, 2016 7:47 PM

Anyone got a recommendation for me? Anything that's not Shounen/Shoujo Ai or Sports will do. Thanks!

Jan 11, 2016 8:04 PM

"Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"

Does the couple has to be a "couple" from the start of the show? Or does it count as long as they end up with each other by the end of it?

If they has to be a couple, some recommendations please?
"Hateful feelings. Hurtful feelings. Unforgivable feelings.
To face one's own feelings is akin to throwing oneself into a bottomless pit, or setting sail on an endless sea.
You must not look there. You must not think about it. Though you search your soul on the dark, heaving waves, you must never look in that place." - Kusuriuri

Jan 11, 2016 8:26 PM

Miragee said:
jstn18 said:

Try Chihayafuru. It's really more a good slice of life anime with the card game being the main activity. I think you might be able to enjoy this. ;)

Oudissy said:
Ping Pong The Animation is just one cour. Haikyuu!! and Chihayafuru both have 2 seasons with 25 episodes each.

AngelShiva said:
One Outs -> base ball is just a mean to use awesome strategy with badass protagonist. I used to hate sport anime until I watched this one. (you liked code geass, the strategy mind is similar)

Ok thanks i will use One Outs for the dislike challenge and Chihayafuru for the sports and games category

Jan 11, 2016 9:11 PM

Dopu said:
Sethlans said:

Thanks in advance.

Aoi Bungaku Series
Seirei no Moribito
Eve no Jikan
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Those recommendations look interesting; I'll check them out. Thanks again.

Jan 12, 2016 2:47 AM

MinKr said:
MisaChan93 said:
Hey all!
Anyone got any recommendation for anything interesting (excluding mecha genre)? :D

Check out Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (Asterisk War) :D Happy viewing

It sounds really interesting, thanks! :D

Jan 12, 2016 4:26 AM

SecretDinosaur said:
KimmyChii said:

Pretty sure small children. Something like Non Non Biyori

Thanks i will watch biyori than, easier than seeking an other anime :)

Jan 12, 2016 5:26 AM
What about animes that I have decided to re-watch? Can those be counted or not?

Jan 12, 2016 5:28 AM

1FR1T said:
There is a challenge for re-watching an Anime. Pretty sure for the others you need to pick new things.
I'm feeling thank you

Jan 12, 2016 6:31 AM

Would like a recommendation. I'm fine with anything :D

Anime List ✼ Manga List ✼ 2019 AWC ✼ 2019 MRC ✼ credit^ 

Jan 12, 2016 6:37 AM

Samii said:

Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Fruits Basket
Golden Time
Space Dandy

Jan 12, 2016 7:28 AM
Sleepy Kitty

Domi said:
1FR1T said:
There is a challenge for re-watching an Anime. Pretty sure for the others you need to pick new things.

I disagree. There's a movie challenge and we can use movies for other challenges too. There's a short challenge and we can use shorts for other challenge too. Etc.
I'm pretty sure we can re-watch anime as long as we've started from the beginning in 2016.

Jan 12, 2016 8:19 AM

SecretDinosaur said:
Samii said:

Cowboy Bebop
Elfen Lied
Fruits Basket
Golden Time
Space Dandy

Thanks! Guess I might watch Golden Time.

Jan 12, 2016 8:26 AM

1. I chose easy for my challenge. Does that mean I have to complete any 20 entry from the criteria? Or do I have to exclude any 20 entry from the criteria?
2. Do I have to save (download I mean) any banner I like and use it in my profile? I mean can I do that on my own or does any staff have to anything with it?

Jan 12, 2016 8:40 AM
Subah-chan said:
1. I chose easy for my challenge. Does that mean I have to complete any 20 entry from the criteria? Or do I have to exclude any 20 entry from the criteria?
2. Do I have to save (download I mean) any banner I like and use it in my profile? I mean can I do that on my own or does any staff have to anything with it?

For easy, you have to complete 20 challenges, so you will have to exclude 30. As for your second question, I don't really know... Sorry..

Jan 12, 2016 8:46 AM

AngelShiva said:
Domi said:

I disagree. There's a movie challenge and we can use movies for other challenges too. There's a short challenge and we can use shorts for other challenge too. Etc.
I'm pretty sure we can re-watch anime as long as we've started from the beginning in 2016.
Wait, you can use movies? I didn't know about that. Forget what I said then :p
I'm feeling thank you

Jan 12, 2016 8:50 AM
Sleepy Kitty

Subah-chan said:

You don't HAVE to do it, but you can do it if you want to.

If your question was more about the technicalities, I personally don't download the banner but use the link from the first page instead. You have to do your signature on your own. The staff won't do it for you.

Jan 12, 2016 9:40 AM

Hey there :) Can anyone recommend me an anime ? I think any genre is fine, maybe something from my plan to watch list since it is really long?

Jan 12, 2016 9:51 AM
Sleepy Kitty

WinnDixieX3 said:
Hey there :) Can anyone recommend me an anime ? I think any genre is fine, maybe something from my plan to watch list since it is really long?

I suggest all of them to you with a preference for the * ones :
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
Clannad
Itazura na Kiss
Katanagatari
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
Lovely★Complex
*Nana
*Steins;Gate
*Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Jan 12, 2016 9:54 AM

WinnDixieX3 said:

- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
- Bungaku Shoujo (one of the first films I had seen, without knowing any tropes I absolutely loved this film, had me in tears a few times.)
- Clannad (not sure why you've not seen it yet)
- Higashi no Eden
- Katanagatari

*edit

Steins;Gate has top priority ... not sure how that's not something you've even seen yet :D

Jan 12, 2016 10:01 AM

A bunch of stupid questions (because I'm stupid)
-Can one anime satisfy two criteria?
-Who keeps an update on my completed criteria?
-Who records the completion of the challenge? Will it be recorded? Do I have to do it all by myself or do staff members get involved in some of it?
-What do we get for completion in the end?

Jan 12, 2016 10:06 AM

4blaze2it0 said:
-Who records the completion of the challenge? Will it be recorded? Do I have to do it all by myself or do staff members get involved in some of it?

- No it can not, sequels / prequels however can (I dont do it because the entire challenge is to watch something you normally wouldnt etc, since you already know what sequels and prequels pretty much will contain.)

- You do, no-one can actually check if you completed the anime you've entered or not, you're only fooling yourself if you just do it to boost after all.

- Again ... you do, I think SheyCroix will check out the people who finished but again, you're the one doing the challenge.

- You get the satisfaction of watching anime you normally probably wouldnt ... and completing it ofcourse.

Jan 12, 2016 10:10 AM
Sleepy Kitty

4blaze2it0 said:
No.
4blaze2it0 said:
As far as I know, only you. Maybe someone will check when you'll finish everything, but I'm not even sure about that.
4blaze2it0 said:
I'm not sure I understand that question. The people that have finished the last challenged are recorded on the first page of the 2015's challenge. What you've completed should be edited by you on the post you've posted for that. It's how it is recorded unless someone hacks MAL's server and delete everything.
4blaze2it0 said:
A badge, And fun for watching anime a more challenging way. And the pleasure to discover something you would'nt have watch otherwise.

Also, please read the FAQ on the first page which might answer some further questions.

Jan 12, 2016 10:36 AM

rika713 said:

Does the couple has to be a "couple" from the start of the show? Or does it count as long as they end up with each other by the end of it?

Was thinking the same, would be good to know, because it is rather rare that there's a main character couple at the start of the show ^^ I don't remember watching anything like that.

Jan 12, 2016 10:41 AM

Can someone help me with "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant." Any genre will do as long as it is not yaoi or hentai's.

Jan 12, 2016 10:42 AM

Thank you @AngelShiva and @PrOxAnto, it seems like Steins;Gate it is.

Also thanks for the other anime suggestions, I think I'll eventually watch all of those ^^

Oh and I haven't watched Clannad before since it's supposedly very very sad and I've been waiting for a right moment XD. Does that make any sense? haha

Jan 12, 2016 10:50 AM

Ryouky said:
rika713 said:

Was thinking the same, would be good to know, because it is rather rare that there's a main character couple at the start of the show ^^ I don't remember watching anything like that.

I believe something like Nisekoi and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji would fit in this since the relationship is made right from the start (even though in both of those they are pretending to be in a relationship) but there is also a romantic interest.
But I also am not sure about does it have to be a relationship from a start...

Jan 12, 2016 10:55 AM

WinnDixieX3 said:
Ryouky said:

I believe something like Nisekoi and Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji would fit in this since the relationship is made right from the start (even though in both of those they are pretending to be in a relationship) but there is also a romantic interest.
But I also am not sure about does it have to be a relationship from a start...

I guess it is okay to watch an anime without the couple having a romantic relationship from the start. You could see some challengers who have an anime with couples who get together later.

Jan 12, 2016 11:12 AM

Ryouky said:
rika713 said:

No, they don't have to be together from the beginning.

Jan 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Mellowmancer said:
Can someone help me with "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant." Any genre will do as long as it is not yaoi or hentai's.

Try Sakasama no Patema. It's a good movie.

Jan 12, 2016 12:19 PM

Miragee said:

No, they don't have to be together from the beginning.

Samii said:

I guess it is okay to watch an anime without the couple having a romantic relationship from the start. You could see some challengers who have an anime with couples who get together later.

Okay, thank you :)
Further would somebody mind recommending me some anime with an archetype as a main character? Generally open for everything except Mahou Shoujo ^^
Thanks in advance!

Jan 12, 2016 12:22 PM

WinnDixieX3 said:
Oh and I haven't watched Clannad before since it's supposedly very very sad and I've been waiting for a right moment XD. Does that make any sense? haha

Oh that definitely makes sense, I'm exactly the same.
There's times I just want to sob during a period with a really sad anime or other times where I just want to watch some light hearted shows :)

Jan 12, 2016 12:22 PM
Could someone recommend me an anime? Doesn't really matter what kind, I'm open to anything I haven't watched.

Jan 12, 2016 12:25 PM

jones-san said:
Could someone recommend me an anime? Doesn't really matter what kind, I'm open to anything I haven't watched.

Kokoro Connect
Really good romance / drama show :) (with some comedy once in a while)

Jan 12, 2016 12:32 PM
PrOxAnto said:
jones-san said:

Kokoro Connect
Really good romance / drama show :) (with some comedy once in a while)

Thanks! Seems like something I'll enjoy :)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »