Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
 
Jan 6, 2016 1:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3503
Brand said:
Any suggestions for anime focusing on non-romantic relationships? Thanks!



Would like a recommendation for this too.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
 
Jan 6, 2016 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8438
Also during the duration of the challenge you are free to modify your level and/or items used for it.


So I can start with hard and after I realize I won't make it I can go down to easy?

Kinda feels like cheating, but that's how my challenge will ultimately end.
 
Jan 6, 2016 1:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
Shocked said:
JkayW said:


Yahari is you want a really fascinating introspective on high-school life from one of my favourite mc's of all time., not your standard romcom.

Nanatsu no taizai, Solid shounen that's getting a second season, relies on the mystery of its characters and setting to intrigue you.

Durararara. Up to you since its made by the guy that made Baccano


I'll check out Nanatsu no Taizai, thanks!


I'll be also checking out Zetsuen no Tempest, so thank you as well!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Noob question: If I see an entry like 'Watch a/an *** anime ***.' That anime can only be TV or can it be other media as well?
 
Jan 6, 2016 1:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long

Can I just add an anime then watch it because I don't have anything on there besides shows that are about to air.

Edit: I added Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, to my PTW. Would the challenge still be completed if I did so and then watched it?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 1:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8438
junpet said:
Noob question: If I see an entry like 'Watch a/an *** anime ***.' That anime can only be TV or can it be other media as well?


I don't think it's restricted to TV only.

JkayW said:
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long

Can I just add an anime then watch it because I don't have anything on there besides shows that are about to air.

Edit: I added Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, to my PTW. Would the challenge still be completed if I did so and then watched it?


That one seems to be very subjective anyway, I don't think anybody will hire a private investigator to check how long it has been on your list.
 
Jan 6, 2016 2:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12879
JkayW said:
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long

Can I just add an anime then watch it because I don't have anything on there besides shows that are about to air.

Edit: I added Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, to my PTW. Would the challenge still be completed if I did so and then watched it?
Wait a few months and we can call it "too long".

I would like a recommendation for the recommendation challenge. I would also like a recommendation for the "romantic couple" challenge. I've already seen both seasons of DannaKen and I can't think of any anime I haven't seen that would fit the description. Thanks!
 
Jan 6, 2016 2:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
zombie_pegasus said:
I would like a recommendation for the recommendation challenge. I would also like a recommendation for the "romantic couple" challenge. I've already seen both seasons of DannaKen and I can't think of any anime I haven't seen that would fit the description. Thanks!
have you seen rec?

it's romance and not a big commitment
 
Jan 6, 2016 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
zombie_pegasus said:
JkayW said:
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long

Can I just add an anime then watch it because I don't have anything on there besides shows that are about to air.

Edit: I added Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, to my PTW. Would the challenge still be completed if I did so and then watched it?
Wait a few months and we can call it "too long".

I would like a recommendation for the recommendation challenge. I would also like a recommendation for the "romantic couple" challenge. I've already seen both seasons of DannaKen and I can't think of any anime I haven't seen that would fit the description. Thanks!


Something similar to DannaKen would be Rec. And a recommendation for you would be Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12879
Kyuss said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I would like a recommendation for the recommendation challenge. I would also like a recommendation for the "romantic couple" challenge. I've already seen both seasons of DannaKen and I can't think of any anime I haven't seen that would fit the description. Thanks!
have you seen rec?

it's romance and not a big commitment
I have seen rec.
JkayW said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Wait a few months and we can call it "too long".

I would like a recommendation for the recommendation challenge. I would also like a recommendation for the "romantic couple" challenge. I've already seen both seasons of DannaKen and I can't think of any anime I haven't seen that would fit the description. Thanks!


Something similar to DannaKen would be Rec. And a recommendation for you would be Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
I'm using that anime for "Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL".

Here's my sign-up sheet if it's useful: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=50#msg44081683
 
Jan 6, 2016 3:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 444
hi, it's my first time doing this
so i'm clueless about what to do..

can anyone help me understand what should i do after signing up ?

 
Jan 6, 2016 3:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
^watch some anime
destroy your backlog
etc etc
 
Jan 6, 2016 3:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
@zombie
I'm watching shigatsu for that one and I see it's on your ptw, can't personally recommend (it's apparently top 20 so ye) but it's romance for sure.
 
Jan 6, 2016 3:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 444
Kyuss said:
^watch some anime
destroy your backlog
etc etc

can you make it more specific ?
i still don't get it...

 
Jan 6, 2016 3:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
Well try and find some shows to watch to fit the criteria of the challenges. Once you watch one you go back to your post in the sign up thread and edit accordingly. Depending on if you're going for easy or normal you can pick and choose which challenges you'd rather do and omit ones that are uninteresting or w/e.

I could rec you a show as well if you tell me what stuff you like?
 
Jan 6, 2016 4:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
zombie_pegasus said:
Kyuss said:
have you seen rec?

it's romance and not a big commitment
I have seen rec.
JkayW said:


Something similar to DannaKen would be Rec. And a recommendation for you would be Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
I'm using that anime for "Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL".

Here's my sign-up sheet if it's useful: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=50#msg44081683


Reccomendation would be Amagi Brillant Park, since it seems you like Kyoto animation
Or Madoka Magica: Rebellion, since you're watching the other 2 movies.

And a wholesome relationship I have no idea.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1020
Guys, if you want to attempt hard, do you need to do the bonus challenge too?
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1218
Jiharo said:
Guys, if you want to attempt hard, do you need to do the bonus challenge too?


No, you don't have to. That's why it's called a bonus challenge.
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
Need a recommendation for:
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

Preferably some Fantasy, Sci Fi or Military, but I am also open for other suggestions. 1 - 3 cours would be great.

Additionally, a question for the challenge "Watch a highly rated and completed anime from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on"

Does it need to be an anime completed for the challenge or should I watch an anime from someones anime list?
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
delija9091 said:
Need a recommendation for:
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"

Preferably some Fantasy, Sci Fi or Military, but I am also open for other suggestions. 1 - 3 cours would be great.

Additionally, a question for the challenge "Watch a highly rated and completed anime from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on"

Does it need to be an anime completed for the challenge or should I watch an anime from someones anime list?


Nanatsu no taizai, Solid fatansy shounen that's getting a second season, relies on the mystery of its characters and setting to intrigue you. Ban is one of my favourite characters of all time and you'll see why.

No you just need to watch someone else's favourite that is on the same page as you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 281
JkayW said:
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long
I would understand this like actually something that you've been planning to watch forever but never got to it, rather than something that has been on your actual plan to watch list.

Can someone recommend me something for the recommendation thing? Something preferably considering my favorites or my highly rated shows. And nothing too long.
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
aifukola said:
JkayW said:
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long
I would understand this like actually something that you've been planning to watch forever but never got to it, rather than something that has been on your actual plan to watch list.

Can someone recommend me something for the recommendation thing? Something preferably considering my favorites or my highly rated shows. And nothing too long.


You like Magi so try out Nanatsu no Taizai. I had a blast with that. It blows Magi out of the water!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:54 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10462
kallah said:
Watch an anime that was recently reviewed

So, I assume that I have to pick an anime that has been reviewed in 2016, correct? Or can I pick something that has been reviewed on, say, December 2015?
It'd make more sense to go with an anime that has been reviewed in 2016 (given that this a 2016 challenge), but the current wording doesn't seem to indicate that, so I'd like a clarification here.

Preferably something reviewed this year... you won't be checking all pages to find something reviewed in December, will you? ;D

Mr_Sassy_Pants said:
Just for added clarification, do we need to simply WATCH part of a series (one or two episodes) that fit a given criteria or do we have to COMPLETE whatever we start?

Well, for it to be a completed challenge everything you pick must be completely watched.

TrashDax said:
Also during the duration of the challenge you are free to modify your level and/or items used for it.

So I can start with hard and after I realize I won't make it I can go down to easy?
Kinda feels like cheating, but that's how my challenge will ultimately end.
Not really cheating lol You never know what might happen to you during the year.

junpet said:
Noob question: If I see an entry like 'Watch a/an *** anime ***.' That anime can only be TV or can it be other media as well?

It can be any media that fits the criteria.

TrashDax said:
JkayW said:
Question for the : » Watch an anime that has been on your Plan to Watch list for too long
Can I just add an anime then watch it because I don't have anything on there besides shows that are about to air.
Edit: I added Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, to my PTW. Would the challenge still be completed if I did so and then watched it?

That one seems to be very subjective anyway, I don't think anybody will hire a private investigator to check how long it has been on your list.

lol... but well. It's actually something that has been there for quite some time. Something you added and forgot about it. If you don't have anything then feel free to add something from previous years and leave it there to watch after you feel it's been quite some time (for me would be more than a month haha).

Kyuss said:
Tobinami said:
hi, it's my first time doing this
so i'm clueless about what to do..
can anyone help me understand what should i do after signing up ?

Well try and find some shows to watch to fit the criteria of the challenges. Once you watch one you go back to your post in the sign up thread and edit accordingly. Depending on if you're going for easy or normal you can pick and choose which challenges you'd rather do and omit ones that are uninteresting or w/e.
I could rec you a show as well if you tell me what stuff you like?

That's basically it. Paste the form in a reply for that thread. Then decide the level and items you will challenge. Later pick an anime for each item. Then edit your reply as you go watching/completing anything.

Jiharo said:
Guys, if you want to attempt hard, do you need to do the bonus challenge too?

As it says over there: "The bonus challenges are extra items that you can complete as part of the challenge. You don’t have to complete them in order to finish the challenge or even complete them all."

delija9091 said:
Additionally, a question for the challenge "Watch a highly rated and completed anime from another challenger who posted on the same page you signed up on"
Does it need to be an anime completed for the challenge or should I watch an anime from someones anime list?

Anything completed from anyone that signed up in the same page as you.

Nagirah said:
I have problems with finding an anime for "Watch an anime with a non-human main character" Any suggestions?
I am really tempted to put Clannad there, but I don't think it really counts. Just, because she looks like an insect doesn't mean she is one. Can I still put it there?

You could watch
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3841/Chis_Sweet_Home
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10165/Nichijou
http://myanimelist.net/anime/530/Bishoujo_Senshi_Sailor_Moon
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4081/Natsume_Yuujinchou
or anything that has an animal, demon, aliens, and so on as main character.
Modified by SheyCroix, Jan 6, 2016 5:58 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13397
ItsMaz said:
Brand said:
Any suggestions for anime focusing on non-romantic relationships? Thanks!



Would like a recommendation for this too.
For you I recommend Saraiya Goyou.

For Brand I'll recommend Donten ni Warau

Nagirah said:
I have problems with finding an anime for "Watch an anime with a non-human main character" Any suggestions?

I am really tempted to put Clannad there, but I don't think it really counts. Just, because she looks like an insect doesn't mean she is one. Can I still put it there?
Nonsense, they're all dangos!

But here's one if you're interested - http://myanimelist.net/anime/177/Tsubasa_Chronicle
Modified by Bayek, Jan 6, 2016 6:00 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Are OVA series also count? Or only TV series?
 
Jan 6, 2016 5:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 74
When it says something like this ''Watch an sport/horror/harem anime'' (invented) i must choose only one of them? For example, if i choose a sport anime, then i completed that point?
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:00 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10462
Shiro_Usagi said:
Are OVA series also count? Or only TV series?
Any type, so yes.

Vintensnyu said:
When it says something like this ''Watch an sport/horror/harem anime'' (invented) i must choose only one of them? For example, if i choose a sport anime, then i completed that point?
Yes, only one of them.

-----------------------

Also, can I get something for this?
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

It can be anything, 12 episodes or less would be appreciated. It can be a short one (15 or less minutes) too. Any genre is fine.
Modified by SheyCroix, Jan 6, 2016 6:19 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1953
Honestly, I think the difficulty is too high. Why not change medium back to 30 and hard to 40? Add in a new one called 'Insane' and make that one 50. Sure it's doable to complete 50 challenges if you have no job or education, but it's insane when you have school and work, or work full-time. I'd challenge myself to complete 40 again, but definitely not 50 because that means I'd have to complete an entire serie almost every week, next to school and a part-time job. And I know I'm not the only one.
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 281
SheyCroix said:
Also, can I get something for this?
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

It can be anything, 12 episodes or less would be appreciated. It can be a short one (15 or less minutes) too. Any genre is fine.
I would recommend Inu x Boku SS, it's 12 episodes and from what I remember it's funny.
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
JkayW said:

Nanatsu no taizai, Solid fatansy shounen that's getting a second season, relies on the mystery of its characters and setting to intrigue you. Ban is one of my favourite characters of all time and you'll see why.


Thanks for your reply. I have already watched that one, do you maybe have another suggestion?

Ratohnhaketon said:
I have problems with finding an anime for "Watch an anime with a non-human main character" Any suggestions?


How about Hoozuki no Reitetsu. They main character is a yokai.
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1713
Nagirah said:
NickV said:
Honestly, I think the difficulty is too high. Why not change medium back to 30 and hard to 40? Add in a new one called 'Insane' and make that one 50. Sure it's doable to complete 50 challenges if you have no job or education, but it's insane when you have school and work, or work full-time. I'd challenge myself to complete 40 again, but definitely not 50 because that means I'd have to complete an entire serie almost every week, next to school and a part-time job. And I know I'm not the only one.

Why do you need to complete the hard one? Just pick medium or easy if you don't have the time for more.
Actually the idea of having an 'insane' or 'hardcore'-difficulty with 50 anime is pretty nice. Having 4 categories of difficulty isn't that bad, is it? And also if you think about it: 50 anime per year means you have to watch one series per week at least. That's kinda hardcore if you ask me :)
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
Mimysse said:
Nagirah said:

Why do you need to complete the hard one? Just pick medium or easy if you don't have the time for more.
Actually the idea of having an 'insane' or 'hardcore'-difficulty with 50 anime is pretty nice. Having 4 categories of difficulty isn't that bad, is it? And also if you think about it: 50 anime per year means you have to watch one series per week at least. That's kinda hardcore if you ask me :)


I agree with Nagirah, noone forces you to complete the hard challenge. It's hard (no pun intended) because not everybody should be able to complete it easily. However, you can already complete around 20 - 24 challenges, just by watching 5 - 6 seasonal anime that fit the criteria. You can spread out the anime watching that way and you do not have to watch so much at once. You could probably complete even more challenges if you find more seaonsal anime that work.
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
Well yea this is suppose to be for fun and to give some kind of incentive to break down your PTW list somewhat.

But the idea of an insane difficulty that's next-to-impossible to complete for even the most die hard neet sounds intriguing as well.
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:55 AM
My muse...

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2709
Ratohnhaketon said:

For Brand I'll recommend Donten ni Warau


Thanks! That is something I haven't heard of but looks like something I might enjoy.

Personally, I'm fine with 50. I managed to do last year's challenge twice (so 80 total). Just make sure you mix in some shorter stuff like movies and short OVAs with TV series.
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 48
Don't mean to sound like a complete idiot but if I could get a recommend or two on ONA's / Also "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" ?
 
Jan 6, 2016 6:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1170
delija9091 said:
Thanks for your reply. I have already watched that one, do you maybe have another suggestion?


Accel World. Solid game anime that's underrated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
Does Steins;Gate count for 'Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field. e.g. teacher, scientist, artist' because everywhere they say 'Mad Scientist' but I don't know if he's a pro and I don't want to read the plot because of spoilers...
Also, can somebody recommend me something for 'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant'? Preferably something on the short side. Thanks!!
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:17 AM
WATCH UMA MUSUME

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 12168
usuis said:
Don't mean to sound like a complete idiot but if I could get a recommend or two on ONA's / Also "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" ?

Plastic Neesan is pretty good if you haven't seen that
Also Inferno Cop

PeopleAreZebras said:
Also, can somebody recommend me something for 'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant'? Preferably something on the short side. Thanks!!

What kinda genres do you like?
Modified by Shaka, Jan 6, 2016 7:20 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 7
I'm looking for anime for this challenge: Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant :) I like action, adventure, ecchi, harem genres, but feel free to recommend any good name. The point is to expand your perspective after all :)
Modified by darkz5, Jan 6, 2016 7:30 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
JkayW said:
delija9091 said:
Thanks for your reply. I have already watched that one, do you maybe have another suggestion?


Accel World. Solid game anime that's underrated.


Sounds cool. I am going to check it out. Hope it's better than the original creators more famous works.

darkz5 said:
I'm looking for anime for this challenge: Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant :) I like action, adventure, ecchi, harem genres, but feel free to recommend any good name. The point is to expand your perspective after all :)


Based on your list you could probably like:
Nanatsu no Taizai
Shokugeki no Souma
Hajime no Ippo
Ushio to Tora

If you prefer something darker:
Berserk
Hellsing Ultimate
Modified by delija9091, Jan 6, 2016 7:38 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 48
darkz5 said:
I'm looking for anime for this challenge: Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant :) I like action, adventure, ecchi, harem genres, but feel free to recommend any good name. The point is to expand your perspective after all :)


For something short I'd probably recommend Mondaiji-tachi, seems like something you might enjoy.
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:43 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
PeopleAreZebras said:
Also, can somebody recommend me something for 'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant'? Preferably something on the short side. Thanks!!

[/quote]What kinda genres do you like?[/quote]

Doesn't really matter...

EDIT: I tried to quote but I failed, obviously. Please imagine that that's a quote.
Modified by PeopleAreZebras, Jan 6, 2016 7:47 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4815
I have a question about a certain challenge, the Onhold or Dropped anime challenge.
I never drop anime and the on-hold section on my list is there just for anime I cant find / have no means of obtaining / watching.

How would I be able to do this challenge ?
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
PeopleAreZebras said:
Also, can somebody recommend me something for 'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant'? Preferably something on the short side. Thanks!!


Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis, Space☆Dandy, Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari

PrOxAnto said:
I have a question about a certain challenge, the Onhold or Dropped anime challenge.
I never drop anime and the on-hold section on my list is there just for anime I cant find / have no means of obtaining / watching.

How would I be able to do this challenge ?


Since it is only a bonus challenge you do not have to finish it to complete the overall challenge.
Modified by delija9091, Jan 6, 2016 8:22 AM
 
Jan 6, 2016 7:51 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2132
Never done this before, but here's hoping this will motivate me to actually finish things this year. Hopefully I'm doing things right...

I have a question though. For the "finish an anime from your on-hold/dropped list", does the show have to have been put there during the challenge? There's the "anime you choose to use for the challenge must be watched during the challenge period" rule, and they contradict each other a little bit.

I also have several series where I've seen a couple of episodes and they're on my on-hold list. I'd like to finish them off, but would they count towards the challenge? For most of them I'll probably rewatch those episodes anyway, but...

Nagirah said:
I have problems with finding an anime for "Watch an anime with a non-human main character" Any suggestions?

I am really tempted to put Clannad there, but I don't think it really counts. Just, because she looks like an insect doesn't mean she is one. Can I still put it there?

I think your best bet would be to go with something supernatural, since there are shows where the main character is a youkai/demon/whatever. Noragami might count, for an example from your completed list. Otherwise there are kids shows like Hamtaro where they're all hamsters but lol. Or you could try Shinryaku! Ika Musume, the main character is a squid girl thingy, but whatever she's meant to be she's not human. It's a good comedy.
 
Jan 6, 2016 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4815
PrOxAnto said:
I have a question about a certain challenge, the Onhold or Dropped anime challenge.
I never drop anime and the on-hold section on my list is there just for anime I cant find / have no means of obtaining / watching.

How would I be able to do this challenge ?


Since it is only a bonus challenge you do not have to finish it to complete the overall challenge.[/quote]

I want to do the challenge though, even if it's not something that's part of the original challenge.
So again, what's a way for me to do it anyway?
 
Jan 6, 2016 8:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 8712
PrOxAnto said:
I want to do the challenge though, even if it's not something that's part of the original challenge.
So again, what's a way for me to do it anyway?
Hmm.

Are there any shows that you've sorta...just put off for a while? And the thought of starting on it again makes you feel slightly sick?
 
Jan 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 267
PrOxAnto said:

I want to do the challenge though, even if it's not something that's part of the original challenge.
So again, what's a way for me to do it anyway?


My guess would be to start a show, put it on-hold for about a week and then finish it. A bit cheap, but that would be an idea.
 
Jan 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4815
Kyuss said:
PrOxAnto said:
I want to do the challenge though, even if it's not something that's part of the original challenge.
So again, what's a way for me to do it anyway?
Hmm.

Are there any shows that you've sorta...just put off for a while? And the thought of starting on it again makes you feel slightly sick?

I guess Kanon (2006) is an anime I've had on my PTW for a while, I want to watch it but ... at the same time I want to watch shows I know that are very strong and potentially more entertaining.

I've never started an anime without finishing it.
 
Jan 6, 2016 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
This thing will be interesting. Some of these challenges were hard to find material for.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (66) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »