Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 6990
I made two badges, feel free to use them:


 
Jan 8, 2016 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12865
Rojo said:
I need a three-cour anime, any suggestions? Something action packed!
I haven't seen it, but Kingdom is three cour and it looks pretty action packed. It's seinen so it won't be mindless action.
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:39 AM
SoL Enthusiast

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1891
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Cross Game is a really good 3 cours anime.
:)
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 31
desseroni said:
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Cross Game is a really good 3 cours anime.


Thanks! I will finally learn baseball rules
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:52 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10298
Just answering some questions that seemed to left a bit of doubt. If I missed any not answered by someone else already, then sorry.....

delija9091 said:
aifukola said:
Can I watch something from a studio I've watched stuff from before, if I don't recognize the name of the studio, or should I look for something I've never watched from before?

Wouldn't it be easier to just go under "Anime Search" and pick a studio that you don't know from the list? Your approach is "kinda" cheating.
But it's not like anyone is going to check your challenges, so whatever you decide.

Actually I will. Once the participant reply with a turn-in form (completed the challenge).
It would be better to pick a director/composer/studio from which you haven't seen anything before. Since once you have watched something from there, you technically know that director/composer/studio (the way they work in an anime). Unless you have seen lots of anime, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Thnx4dafood said:
Can you use an original anime movie in the slot for an "original anime"??

Any type can be used.

Nocturnal said:
...how does this entry 'Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word' work, exactly? I get a random word from the site, enter it in search and then pick an anime from those that show up? Or does it have to contain the word in the actual title?

It doesn't have to say the actual word on the title. Just to appear once you have written it in the search bar.

suraj_anton said:
So I started an anime in 30/12/2015 and got nearly half way through it.
Could it be counted for this challenge?

No. All the anime used for the challenge must have been started during the challenge period (Jan 01 - Dec 31)

Miragee said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I'm not rewatching those episodes just to make it count for the challenge. I'm still watching three of the four cours in 2016 so I think it should count. I was just saying that if I had started FMAB after those 15 episodes then it would count for the challenge but instead I've deciding to continue the original so it should also count for the challenge. Although it isn't one of the main challenges there is a bonus challenge for completed a dropped or on-hold anime which you likely would have started before 2016.

You have to have to watch the whole series in this year. Doesn't matter whether your are watching 1 or 15 episodes last year. Same goes for FMAB. You have to watch the whole 64 episodes of FMAB. Cutting in the beginning because you watched some episodes of FMA 03 doesn't count. In the end, handle it as you like. It's not like anybody is going to check it....

Don't say it like that. I do plan to check the forms once they have been turned in....
For an anime to count for the challenge it needs to be watched during the challenge period (Jan 01 - Dec 31). The only item that has an exception is the bonus one that says to finish an on-hold or dropped. Since you started that one before.

wiedzminek said:
Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Yes, as long as they are different entries you can.

coromandel said:
I made two badges, feel free to use them:

Thanks! Will add them~

Modified by SheyCroix, Jan 8, 2016 11:55 AM
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 621
SheyCroix said:
Just answering some questions that seemed to left a bit of doubt. If I missed any not answered by someone else already, then sorry.....

delija9091 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to just go under "Anime Search" and pick a studio that you don't know from the list? Your approach is "kinda" cheating.
But it's not like anyone is going to check your challenges, so whatever you decide.

Actually I will. Once the participant reply with a turn-in form (completed the challenge).
It would be better to pick a director/composer/studio from which you haven't seen anything before. Since once you have watched something from there, you technically know that director/composer/studio (the way they work in an anime). Unless you have seen lots of anime, this shouldn't be that difficult.

Do you check the rewatch entries too? I've never felt the need to use the rewatch feature, so it'd be good to know in advance.
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:03 PM
Lord Potato

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 652
zombie_pegasus said:
Rojo said:
I need a three-cour anime, any suggestions? Something action packed!
I haven't seen it, but Kingdom is three cour and it looks pretty action packed. It's seinen so it won't be mindless action.


Thank you!! Adding it to my list!!!

Here are some more letters.
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:11 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10298
SleepingBear said:
Do you check the rewatch entries too? I've never felt the need to use the rewatch feature, so it'd be good to know in advance.

For now I'm planning on using the stats, history and dates (hoping everyone includes the start/end dates)... So I will most likely do that too.
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4801
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]


Even though its allowed, I made a personal rule for myself that I'd watch everything related to a show I've entered for every challenge.
As the entire Watching Challenge is made so you watch shows you normally wouldnt ... and with sequels / prequels or anything related you pretty much know what the anime is etc.

But hey ... each to their own :D
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 552
@SheyCroix, thanks for the clarification. I was quite pleased with the random word I got and am glad I can use one of the anime it pointed to.

I still need a recommendation from you guys, just send a title my way.

Getting something from a director/studio I hadn't seen anything from before is turning to be a bigger hurdle than I thought.
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 621
SheyCroix said:
SleepingBear said:
Do you check the rewatch entries too? I've never felt the need to use the rewatch feature, so it'd be good to know in advance.

For now I'm planning on using the stats, history and dates (hoping everyone includes the start/end dates)... So I will most likely do that too.

Thanks for the clarification, and also for hosting this event.
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 31
PrOxAnto said:
wiedzminek said:
Recommendations please? If possible few titles up to 3 cours that are really good or funny. :)

Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]


Even though its allowed, I made a personal rule for myself that I'd watch everything related to a show I've entered for every challenge.
As the entire Watching Challenge is made so you watch shows you normally wouldnt ... and with sequels / prequels or anything related you pretty much know what the anime is etc.

But hey ... each to their own :D

I'm trying to do the same (plus watch only TV ones), but I was a little afraid if I manage to complete it in time, so just in case... Anyway, good luck for us both ^^

SheyCroix said:
Just answering some questions that seemed to left a bit of doubt. If I missed any not answered by someone else already, then sorry.....

wiedzminek said:
Also, can I use two (or more) different seasons of the same series (for example Clannad and Clannad After Story) to fill two different criteria? I planned to keep all the sequels/prequels as an emergency supply, cause watching 50 new TV series with all series related to it could turn out to be too hard. But I will still try not to use them! :]

Yes, as long as they are different entries you can.

thx
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 36
If I started watching Bakemonogatari on Jan 2, 2016 and finished it on Jan 6, and I registered on the anime watching challenge shortly after that (same date), can I include Bakemonogatari as an anime I that I completed for a specific requirement (i.e. Vampire anime) considering that the whole time I watched Bakemonogatai, I was within the constraints of the challenge?

"There’s one last thing you should never forget, Issei. Even a Pawn can take down the King."
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4801
DarkLIGHT196 said:
If I started watching Bakemonogatari on Jan 2, 2016 and finished it on Jan 6, and I registered on the anime watching challenge shortly after that (same date), can I include Bakemonogatari as an anime I that I completed for a specific requirement (i.e. Vampire anime) considering that the whole time I watched Bakemonogatai, I was within the constraints of the challenge?

Yes , any anime counts as long as you've started watching in 2016.
For example, you could start the challenge halfway through 2016 and enter all the anime you've seen this year for any challenge you desire.
 
Jan 8, 2016 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1498
I know there was some kind of weird stipulation with dropped stuff, where if you dropped it and then picked it back up it was okay, or something along those lines.

How does that work in the case of God Eater? It aired the first 9 episodes last year, then went on hiatus because they ran out of budget, and are back and running the last 4 episodes this year. Does that bring into the dropped anime rule? Or is God Eater just ineligible for anyone that was watching during it's airing period?
 
Jan 8, 2016 1:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 125
Nocturnal said:
@SheyCroix, thanks for the clarification. I was quite pleased with the random word I got and am glad I can use one of the anime it pointed to.

I still need a recommendation from you guys, just send a title my way.

Getting something from a director/studio I hadn't seen anything from before is turning to be a bigger hurdle than I thought.


You haven't witnessed the greatness of Kei Oyama yet (though that almost feels like cheating). Haven't really checked you whole list but perhaps Hiroyuki Yamaga.

Anyway lets try again since nobody gave me a rec yesterday:

Can anyone give me a recommendation? I would appreciate it if it's something you consider to be a hidden gem, but anything else is fine too
 
Jan 8, 2016 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1841
If someone would be so kind (who is participating in the challenge, of course), I need two recommendations (or a lot of recommendations with two different criteria)

1. Please recommend a series I haven't seen yet (might want to recommend a few in case I've already planned to watch that series for another part of the challenge). Would prefer less than 26eps

2. Another recommendations but for my second/personal challenge of short stuff - movie, OVAs, specials, etc. of less than 5 episodes (again, might want to recommend a few)


Thank ya~

My Plannin' for challenge
My Completed
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
riho88riho said:
If someone would be so kind (who is participating in the challenge, of course), I need two recommendations (or a lot of recommendations with two different criteria)

1. Please recommend a series I haven't seen yet (might want to recommend a few in case I've already planned to watch that series for another part of the challenge). Would prefer less than 26eps

2. Another recommendations but for my second/personal challenge of short stuff - movie, OVAs, specials, etc. of less than 5 episodes (again, might want to recommend a few)


Thank ya~

My Plannin' for challenge
My Completed



Stranger: Mukou Hadan
Aoi Bungaku Series
Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
Death Note
Claymore
Mononoke


I don't watch a lot of movies/OVAs, so I can't really help with the second part.

Feel free to check my list.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
SheyCroix said:

For now I'm planning on using the stats, history and dates (hoping everyone includes the start/end dates)... So I will most likely do that too.


I've never bothered with start and end dates because I do everything on my I-pad and it's waaay easier to just put how many episodes you've watched, but for the things I watch for the challenge I'll try to remember to put the dates in there ~^.^~
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8422
PeopleAreZebras said:
SheyCroix said:

For now I'm planning on using the stats, history and dates (hoping everyone includes the start/end dates)... So I will most likely do that too.


I've never bothered with start and end dates because I do everything on my I-pad and it's waaay easier to just put how many episodes you've watched, but for the things I watch for the challenge I'll try to remember to put the dates in there ~^.^~


I dislike putting dates as well, but for this challenge I'll make an exception.
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
Sounds like tough work shey.

Respect. Some challenges are brutal though XD
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 16
Dopu said:


Anyway lets try again since nobody gave me a rec yesterday:

Can anyone give me a recommendation? I would appreciate it if it's something you consider to be a hidden gem, but anything else is fine too


Try Kaze no Stigma

I have to say random stuff now because of character limit...
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12865
katsaroulhs said:
Sounds like tough work shey.

Respect. Some challenges are brutal though XD
Which ones are brutal? Despite the "out of your comfort zone" thing I was still able to mostly use my PTW for the challenges. I mostly watch moe so I think you can tell where my comfort zone is.
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
zombie_pegasus said:
katsaroulhs said:
Sounds like tough work shey.

Respect. Some challenges are brutal though XD
Which ones are brutal? Despite the "out of your comfort zone" thing I was still able to mostly use my PTW for the challenges. I mostly watch moe so I think you can tell where my comfort zone is.


Mostly the bonus ones. For me at least.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8422
katsaroulhs said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Which ones are brutal? Despite the "out of your comfort zone" thing I was still able to mostly use my PTW for the challenges. I mostly watch moe so I think you can tell where my comfort zone is.


Mostly the bonus ones. For me at least.


That's why they are bonus. :)
Here are some more letters.
 
Jan 8, 2016 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
TrashDax said:
katsaroulhs said:


Mostly the bonus ones. For me at least.


That's why they are bonus. :)
Here are some more letters.


Yeah I guess. Will do them anyway. Will feel good about myself.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
I was just starting to write my Sign up form and started pretty late (around 23:00, January 8th GMT +1), and found out I used more than 1 hour to get enough titles, so would my join date be the 8th, or 9th of January?
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
Edd601 said:
I was just starting to write my Sign up form and started pretty late (around 23:00, January 8th GMT +1), and found out I used more than 1 hour to get enough titles, so would my join date be the 8th, or 9th of January?


I don't think you have to put the exact date you made the post as the starting date.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
katsaroulhs said:
Edd601 said:
I was just starting to write my Sign up form and started pretty late (around 23:00, January 8th GMT +1), and found out I used more than 1 hour to get enough titles, so would my join date be the 8th, or 9th of January?


I don't think you have to put the exact date you made the post as the starting date.


It says "🌠 Starting date:" at the start of the form though
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 1187
Edd601 said:
katsaroulhs said:


I don't think you have to put the exact date you made the post as the starting date.


It says "🌠 Starting date:" at the start of the form though

Yes, I think this is simply the date YOU are gonna start the challenge. I for example put 9/1/2016, however I made that post several days ago, and the shay didn't say anything.
Seiya0890 said:
But its still disgusting from my point of view, and from the word's point of view, therefore its disgusting.


Wise words.
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
katsaroulhs said:
Edd601 said:


It says "🌠 Starting date:" at the start of the form though

Yes, I think this is simply the date YOU are gonna start the challenge. I for example put 9/1/2016, however I made that post several days ago, and the shay didn't say anything.


Ah I see, that clears up that problem. Thanks for the help!
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12865
Edd601 said:
katsaroulhs said:


I don't think you have to put the exact date you made the post as the starting date.


It says "🌠 Starting date:" at the start of the form though
I don't think it really matters. For me it's still January 8th right now.
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 93
Right sweet I was going to ask if this was happening and then I checked and seen the post :D I'll gladly participate as soon as I finish Bleach, and because people have already asked the questions about anime you've already started, etc, that's all cleared up, so I'll just continue to watch the anime I'm watching now and finising bleach then I'll start this challenge. Can't wait!
 
Jan 8, 2016 3:57 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10298
AudioTsunami said:
I know there was some kind of weird stipulation with dropped stuff, where if you dropped it and then picked it back up it was okay, or something along those lines.

How does that work in the case of God Eater? It aired the first 9 episodes last year, then went on hiatus because they ran out of budget, and are back and running the last 4 episodes this year. Does that bring into the dropped anime rule? Or is God Eater just ineligible for anyone that was watching during it's airing period?

That one has the same rules as the rest. If you only have the last few episodes missing you can using it for the bonus challenge. If you start watching all the episodes this year then you can use it with any other item......

------------------------

Dopu said:
Anyway lets try again since nobody gave me a rec yesterday:

Can anyone give me a recommendation? I would appreciate it if it's something you consider to be a hidden gem, but anything else is fine too


http://myanimelist.net/anime/10460/Kimi_to_Boku.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12031/Kingdom
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7674/Bakuman.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9863/SKET_Dance
Modified by SheyCroix, Jan 8, 2016 4:19 PM
 
Jan 8, 2016 4:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 4
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"
What are these cours?
 
Jan 8, 2016 4:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12865
Roycewicz said:
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"
What are these cours?


Hey Shey, could you add some more explanations and definitions to your opening post to avoid further confusion?
Modified by zombie_pegasus, Jan 8, 2016 4:47 PM
 
Jan 8, 2016 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 7
Any recommendations by another participant please? My favourite genres are sports, seinen and psychological^^ thanks!
 
Jan 8, 2016 6:01 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 13261
LanTamiya said:
Any recommendations by another participant please? My favourite genres are sports, seinen and psychological^^ thanks!
It's a long ride if you stick in for every season (6 total), but there's always Major.
 
Jan 8, 2016 6:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1498
Ratohnhaketon said:
LanTamiya said:
Any recommendations by another participant please? My favourite genres are sports, seinen and psychological^^ thanks!
It's a long ride if you stick in for every season (6 total), but there's always Major.


It's a long ride but you get at least 6 categories scratched off(9 if you finish the OVAs and the Movie). It's basically the equivalent of a couple shorts, a movie, and 6 2 cour-s. I'm doing the same deal, and I've been binge watching it.
 
Jan 8, 2016 10:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 628
Someone help me please. For the challenge of watching an anime rated 7 or below...do you guys have any recommendations? I just tried watching Brave 10, I am 5 minutes in and I feel like every minute I watch is just one regret after another.

 
Jan 8, 2016 10:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1016
i need a recommendation from participant in the challgenge, it doesnt have to be from my PTW, it doesnt matter what genre. THNX
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 8, 2016 10:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 628
Anticlimatic said:
i need a recommendation from participant in the challgenge, it doesnt have to be from my PTW, it doesnt matter what genre. THNX


oh easy Natsume Yuujinchou. It's around 13 episodes and has a similar feel to Mushishi. Easy going but interesting. The cat also serves as a comic relief here and there. Oh not to mention that it is deep, moving, and thought provoking with great character development. The art and soundtrack is refreshing as well.
Modified by Done, Jan 8, 2016 10:33 PM

 
Jan 8, 2016 10:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 1016
Done said:
Anticlimatic said:
i need a recommendation from participant in the challgenge, it doesnt have to be from my PTW, it doesnt matter what genre. THNX


oh easy Natsume Yuujinchou. It's around 13 episodes and has a similar feel to Mushishi. Easy going but interesting. The cat also serves as a comic relief here and there. Oh not to mention that it is deep, moving, and thought provoking with great character development. The art and soundtrack is refreshing as well.
Hahah ive seen it but i will watch the sequel which i believe is what you meant. Thank you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 65
Done said:
Someone help me please. For the challenge of watching an anime rated 7 or below...do you guys have any recommendations? I just tried watching Brave 10, I am 5 minutes in and I feel like every minute I watch is just one regret after another.


Really depends on what you like, but the best suggestion I have is find a short anime (as in the episodes are short) such as Teekyuu. They tend to be rated low but they're actually pretty funny, assuming you share the humor, and you can get through them fairly quick. So it's a fast watch and relatively painless.
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 48
Can I please get a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" as well as "Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you"

I'm a 18 y/o female.
 
Jan 8, 2016 11:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12865
Done said:
Someone help me please. For the challenge of watching an anime rated 7 or below...do you guys have any recommendations? I just tried watching Brave 10, I am 5 minutes in and I feel like every minute I watch is just one regret after another.
Either go the full way and watch Mars of Destruction, Nami, or Glasslip, or watch an unpopular anime like Yama no Susume or Nijiiro☆Prism Girl which mainly have low ratings because of the small rating pool. There are also some anime like Ore Twintails, Himegoto, Hacka Doll The Animation, Anitore! EX, Moetan, Urawa no Usagi-chan, and Weiß Survive which are fairly rated yet still enjoyable.
 
Jan 9, 2016 12:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1252
Done said:
Someone help me please. For the challenge of watching an anime rated 7 or below...do you guys have any recommendations? I just tried watching Brave 10, I am 5 minutes in and I feel like every minute I watch is just one regret after another.


If you like adventure I would say try Rolling Girls. The story writing is a mess and it has a lot of moe but the adventure/road trip feeling is great as well as the occasional over-the-top action.
 
Jan 9, 2016 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 16
I'm also here for a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Maybe something serious and psychological would be nice to watch. A good comedy works too.

I usually dislike harem so maybe I could get a recommendation for a watchable harem anime too for the "Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike" ?

My animelist
My challenge form if needed. (and if the link works)
 
Jan 9, 2016 3:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1252
Hannf said:
I'm also here for a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Maybe something serious and psychological would be nice to watch. A good comedy works too.

I usually dislike harem so maybe I could get a recommendation for a watchable harem anime too for the "Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike" ?

My animelist
My challenge form if needed. (and if the link works)


Try Kaiba for the "serious" rec.

As for the harem one, I'm sorry but I can't give out a single rec. I skimmed through my list and it's pathetic how every harem anime I watched isn't tagged as harem by MAL...
 
Jan 9, 2016 3:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 12865
Hannf said:
I'm also here for a recommendation for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". Maybe something serious and psychological would be nice to watch. A good comedy works too.

I usually dislike harem so maybe I could get a recommendation for a watchable harem anime too for the "Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike" ?

My animelist
My challenge form if needed. (and if the link works)
Bartender is a good serious anime and Himouto Umaru Chan is a good comedy.

Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" is a pretty good harem. If you use it please refer to it by its full English name. Grisaia is a good psychological harem, although you shouldn't judge it by the first season.
Modified by zombie_pegasus, Jan 9, 2016 3:11 AM
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (66) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »