Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »
 
Aug 16, 2016 9:04 PM
Fujoshit

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 224
Could anybody give me an anime suggestion for the challenge? I would prefer something very short, like a movie or an OVA or a one cour anime-- but I can go for up to the normal two cour, 24-26 episodes as well if you think something is that phenomenal. I would prefer something nice and dark, full of action and suspense, so thriller/mystery/psychological/dystopian or post-apocalyptic/historical anime. A nice slice-of-life is very welcome too.

I will not dabble in any sports, harem, mecha, or ecchi anime.

Thank you in advance!
 
Aug 17, 2016 3:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1295
Hello ^_^

May I have some recommendations for this challenge, please?
I'd endure anything as long as it's not hentai/ecchi/harem/mecha and also, no longer than 30 eps.
Thank you in adv ^_^

---------------------

as for @gwendal738, I hope you'd like one of these two:
kuroshitsuji (24 eps / genres : Action, Comedy, Demons, Fantasy, Historical, Shounen, Supernatural)
Honobono Log (10 eps / genres: romance/SOL)
 
Aug 17, 2016 3:37 AM
Fujoshit

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 224
chitochito said:
Hello ^_^

May I have some recommendations for this challenge, please?
I'd endure anything as long as it's not hentai/ecchi/harem/mecha and also, no longer than 30 eps.
Thank you in adv ^_^

---------------------

as for @gwendal738, I hope you'd like one of these two:
kuroshitsuji (24 eps / genres : Action, Comedy, Demons, Fantasy, Historical, Shounen, Supernatural)
Honobono Log (10 eps / genres: romance/SOL)


Unfortunately, as a long-time reader and follower of the manga since 2006, I absolutely cannot stand the anime for Kuroshitsuji and don't plan on watching it ever due to my attachment to the manga and just. Yeah. But I think I will try Honobono Log though, thank you! :D

As for recommendations for you, it seems you don't mind romance/SOL based from your favorites, so:

Natsume Yuujinchou (13 episodes, but it has 4 seasons. Though for the purposes of the challenge you can only watch the first one. xD) -Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Usagi Drop (11 episodes) - Josei, Slice of Life
Hotarubi no Mori e (1 episode) - Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural
 
Aug 17, 2016 4:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1295
gwendal738 said:

As for recommendations for you, it seems you don't mind romance/SOL based from your favorites, so:

Natsume Yuujinchou (13 episodes, but it has 4 seasons. Though for the purposes of the challenge you can only watch the first one. xD) -Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Usagi Drop (11 episodes) - Josei, Slice of Life
Hotarubi no Mori e (1 episode) - Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural


Thank you very much for your recommendations gwendal, btw, I have watched them all,
so I guess I'm going to ask the forum again, or you, if you don't mind ^^

Cheers, chito
 
Aug 17, 2016 4:25 AM
Fujoshit

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 224
chitochito said:
gwendal738 said:

As for recommendations for you, it seems you don't mind romance/SOL based from your favorites, so:

Natsume Yuujinchou (13 episodes, but it has 4 seasons. Though for the purposes of the challenge you can only watch the first one. xD) -Drama, Fantasy, Shoujo, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Usagi Drop (11 episodes) - Josei, Slice of Life
Hotarubi no Mori e (1 episode) - Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural


Thank you very much for your recommendations gwendal, btw, I have watched them all,
so I guess I'm going to ask the forum again, or you, if you don't mind ^^

Cheers, chito


Sure thing! Unfortunately your list is set to private so I can't check what you've already watched, but here are some of my favorites from diverse genres.

Series
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (12 eps) - Drama, Magic, Psychological, Thriller
Kino no Tabi (13 eps) - Action, Adventure, Slice of Life
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (26 eps) - Drama, Historical, Seinen, Thriller
Hellsing Ultimate (10 eps) - Action, Horror, Military, Seinen, Supernatural, Vampire
Hoozuki no Reitetsu (13 eps) - Comedy, Fantasy, Supernatural
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (12 eps) - Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life
Free! (12 eps- actually, I prefer the movie the most out of all, but I think if you don't already know the series or have watched this you wouldn't be able to appreciate it as much, so I am linking you to the full series first ^^) - Comedy, School, Slice of Life, Sports
Gakkougurashi! (12 eps) - Horror, Mystery, Psychological, School, Slice of Life
Gin no Saji (11 eps) - Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life
Joker Game (12 eps) - Drama, Historical, Military
Shingeki no Kyojin (25 eps) - Action, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen, Super Power
Witch Hunter Robin (26 eps) - Action, Drama, Magic, Mystery, Police, Supernatural

Movies/OVAs/Specials
Bakemono no Ko - Adventure, Supernatural
Colorful - Drama, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Death Billiards - Drama, Game, Mystery, Psychological, Thriller
Sakasama no Patema - Sci-Fi, Seinen
Summer Wars - Comedy, Sci-Fi
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Adventure, Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi
Under the Dog - Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller

Hopefully you can find one you'll like! :D
Modified by gwendal738, Aug 17, 2016 4:30 AM
 
Aug 17, 2016 5:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1295
Wow, you're amazing @gwendal738!
Thank you very much for your recommendations <3<3<3
 
Aug 17, 2016 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
bdsbff said:
Can I get an anime recommended to me? It's one of the only challenges I have left, thanks.

Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho[/quote]

Thanks for the recommendation. In the end it wasn't really for me but thanks nevertheless.
 
Aug 17, 2016 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 77
Hello!

I kinda need some recommendations for the challenge so it's be really helpful if you were to recommend something preferably short-ish (a movie works too)

Thanks you very much!
 
Aug 17, 2016 7:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1756
Emerson_ouo said:
Hello!

I kinda need some recommendations for the challenge so it's be really helpful if you were to recommend something preferably short-ish (a movie works too)

Thanks you very much!


Here are a few options; you'll definitely enjoy at least one of the following:

Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi


Death is the road to awe.
 
Aug 17, 2016 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 461
Aloha people!

I am looking for an anime with more mature drama/SoL themes. I don't mind the setting nor the time it aired.
Only conditions are: It isn't as popular as the usual suspects and please no shounen + no Ghibli.

Thanks in advance!
 
Aug 17, 2016 7:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 297
Schlopsi said:
Aloha people!

I am looking for an anime with more mature drama/SoL themes. I don't mind the setting nor the time it aired.
Only conditions are: It isn't as popular as the usual suspects and please no shounen + no Ghibli.

Thanks in advance!

I wanna say Assatte no Houkou, but I'm just picking something random that maybe had what you described. :P Maybe have an example of one "more mature drama/SoL themes" you've seen before?

Btw, anyone have any recommendations for me? ^^ Just nothing too long pls....
"Your smile is worth to me more than any prize. That's all I need."
-Io Otonashi

๐ŸŽถThis is beautiful๐ŸŽถ
 
Aug 17, 2016 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 461
Serenade-hime said:
Schlopsi said:
Aloha people!

I am looking for an anime with more mature drama/SoL themes. I don't mind the setting nor the time it aired.
[...]

I wanna say Assatte no Houkou, but I'm just picking something random that maybe had what you described. :P Maybe have an example of one "more mature drama/SoL themes" you've seen before?

Btw, anyone have any recommendations for me? ^^ Just nothing too long pls....


I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Unfortunately, I have seen too little anime, to give an example for my search. Maybe focus more on the drama. I like heavy drama with tragedy and some kind of realism. Sth like Monster, X or Zankyou no Terror?

And you are looking for sth short? Maybe here's what you're looking for:
Inferno Cop (fun trash, comic style)
Bus Gamer (the most normal thing here)
Cossette no Shouzo (nightmarish)
 
Aug 17, 2016 8:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 297
Schlopsi said:
Serenade-hime said:

I wanna say Assatte no Houkou, but I'm just picking something random that maybe had what you described. :P Maybe have an example of one "more mature drama/SoL themes" you've seen before?

Btw, anyone have any recommendations for me? ^^ Just nothing too long pls....


I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Unfortunately, I have seen too little anime, to give an example for my search. Maybe focus more on the drama. I like heavy drama with tragedy and some kind of realism. Sth like Monster, X or Zankyou no Terror?

And you are looking for sth short? Maybe here's what you're looking for:
Inferno Cop (fun trash, comic style)
Bus Gamer (the most normal thing here)
Cossette no Shouzo (nightmarish)

Never seen either of those, so I don't know. :/
Maybe Death Parade might be a good one to check out?

I think I'll go for Inferno Cop, because it's Trigger, and I like Trigger's works. XP
I'll keep Bus Gamer in mind too.

Thanks~^^
"Your smile is worth to me more than any prize. That's all I need."
-Io Otonashi

๐ŸŽถThis is beautiful๐ŸŽถ
 
Aug 18, 2016 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8416
Serenade-hime said:
Schlopsi said:


I'll keep that in mind, thanks! Unfortunately, I have seen too little anime, to give an example for my search. Maybe focus more on the drama. I like heavy drama with tragedy and some kind of realism. Sth like Monster, X or Zankyou no Terror?

And you are looking for sth short? Maybe here's what you're looking for:
Inferno Cop (fun trash, comic style)
Bus Gamer (the most normal thing here)
Cossette no Shouzo (nightmarish)

Never seen either of those, so I don't know. :/
Maybe Death Parade might be a good one to check out?

I think I'll go for Inferno Cop, because it's Trigger, and I like Trigger's works. XP
I'll keep Bus Gamer in mind too.

Thanks~^^


Isn't Death Parade more Slice of Death?
 
Aug 18, 2016 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 461
TrashDax said:

Isn't Death Parade more Slice of Death?


Makes it even more intriguing. ;) Thanks!
 
Aug 18, 2016 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 297
does anyone know of " an anime with a main character that is not Japanese"? :/
"Your smile is worth to me more than any prize. That's all I need."
-Io Otonashi

๐ŸŽถThis is beautiful๐ŸŽถ
 
Aug 18, 2016 6:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 172
Serenade-hime said:
does anyone know of " an anime with a main character that is not Japanese"? :/


Based on your Currently Watching and Plan to Watch lists (at least what I have seen):
91 Days
Baccano!

Other ones can be:
Gunslinger Girl
The Rose of Versailles
Black Butler
Serenade-hime said:
does anyone know of " an anime with a main character that is not Japanese"? :/
 
Aug 18, 2016 7:36 PM
Fujoshit

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 224
Serenade-hime said:
does anyone know of " an anime with a main character that is not Japanese"? :/


I gotcha covered.

07-Ghost
91 Days
Ai no Wakakusa Monogatari
Ai Shoujo Pollyana Story
Akage no Anne
Allison to Lilia
Alps Monogatari: Watashi no Annette
Alps no Shoujo Heidi
Anime Himitsu no Hanazono
Arslan Senki
Ashita no Nadja
Baccano!
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Blassreiter
Candy Candy
Chrno Crusade
Cinderella Monogatari
Claymore
Cluster Edge
Cowboy Bebop
Dantalian no Shoka
Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma
Ergo Proxy
Fractale
Fullmetal Alchemist
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Gangsta
Gankutsuou
Ginyuu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe
Glass no Kantai
Gunslinger Girl
Hetalia
Honoo no Alpenrose: Judy & Randy
Ie Naki Ko
Jormungand
Magi Series
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist
Makiba no Shoujo Katri
Murder Princess
Pandora Hearts
Perrine Monogatari
Red Garden
Ristorante Paradiso
Romeo no Aoi Sora
Saintโ˜†Oniisan
Sakasama no Patema
Sasurai no Shoujo Nell
Shoukoujo Sara
Shoukoushi Cedie
Slayers
Sougen no Shoujo Laura
Tatakau Shisho: Book of Bantorra
Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa
Trigun
Tom Sawyer no Bouken
Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock
Wakakusa no Charlotte
Watashi no Ashinaga Ojisan
Winter Sonata
Witch Hunter Robin
Vassalord

These are the ones from my completed/on-hold/dropped anime. I didn't include the ones in my PTW since there are too many lol. But these are the ones I've completed and at least tried, and I am aware my tastes aren't the same as everyone else's, so maybe you'll find something here. By no means is this list extensive though. Hope it helps!
 
Aug 19, 2016 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 93
Just a question, would ReLIFE count under "Watch an anime with adults as the main cast"? Thanks~
 
Aug 19, 2016 8:33 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 986
Tokimeki said:
Just a question, would ReLIFE count under "Watch an anime with adults as the main cast"? Thanks~

No, several of the main cast members are teenagers. All of them would need to be adults for the show to qualify.
 
Aug 19, 2016 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 158
I was wondering if there was a way to check how long an anime has been on the Plan To Watch list? I really wanted to watch an anime that I put on my Plan to Watch list that has been on there for a long time.
 
Aug 19, 2016 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1756
momokusheila said:
I was wondering if there was a way to check how long an anime has been on the Plan To Watch list? I really wanted to watch an anime that I put on my Plan to Watch list that has been on there for a long time.


There's no way to find out when a title was added on the PTW list; just try to remember any of the older Anime that you've there and pick any.


Death is the road to awe.
 
Aug 19, 2016 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 158
Puchkov said:
momokusheila said:
I was wondering if there was a way to check how long an anime has been on the Plan To Watch list? I really wanted to watch an anime that I put on my Plan to Watch list that has been on there for a long time.


There's no way to find out when a title was added on the PTW list; just try to remember any of the older Anime that you've there and pick any.


Thanks. I was just hoping that there was some convenient way to find out.
 
Aug 20, 2016 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 59
I still need an anime that was recommended to me from another participant.
Also something better than Baccano! Specials for adult main cast would be nice. :)

Would be nice if it is a movie or a series with not more than 12 episodes.

Thanks in advance. :)

~Mirror, tell me something~
 
Aug 20, 2016 8:42 AM
Fujoshit

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 224
MkayShock said:
I still need an anime that was recommended to me from another participant.
Also something better than Baccano! Specials for adult main cast would be nice. :)

Would be nice if it is a movie or a series with not more than 12 episodes.

Thanks in advance. :)


Series
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (12 eps) - Drama, Magic, Psychological, Thriller
Hellsing Ultimate (10 eps) - Action, Horror, Military, Seinen, Supernatural, Vampire
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (12 eps) - Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life
Free! (12 eps- actually, I prefer the movie the most out of all, but I think if you don't already know the series or have watched this you wouldn't be able to appreciate it as much, so I am linking you to the full series first ^^) - Comedy, School, Slice of Life, Sports
Gakkougurashi! (12 eps) - Horror, Mystery, Psychological, School, Slice of Life
Gin no Saji (11 eps) - Comedy, School, Shounen, Slice of Life
Joker Game (12 eps) - Drama, Historical, Military
Usagi Drop (11 episodes) - Josei, Slice of Life

Movies/OVAs/Specials
Bakemono no Ko - Adventure, Supernatural
Colorful - Drama, Slice of Life, Supernatural
Death Billiards - Drama, Game, Mystery, Psychological, Thriller
Sakasama no Patema - Sci-Fi, Seinen
Summer Wars - Comedy, Sci-Fi
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Adventure, Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi
Under the Dog - Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller
Hotarubi no Mori e (1 episode) - Drama, Romance, Shoujo, Supernatural

Hopefully you can find one you'll like! :D Copy-pasted this from my post earlier to another participant. :p

Edit: Removed the ones over 12 episodes. ^^
Modified by gwendal738, Aug 20, 2016 9:30 AM
 
Aug 20, 2016 8:14 PM
๐ŸŒ•๐Ÿš€System;Reset

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 10225
momokusheila said:
Puchkov said:

There's no way to find out when a title was added on the PTW list; just try to remember any of the older Anime that you've there and pick any.

Thanks. I was just hoping that there was some convenient way to find out.

@momokusheila @Puchkov actually there is~ with the Modern List Style Design, use the filter and sort out by last updated xx
should work if you didn't edit the entry after adding it to your PTW list... for example, in my list I have one there since 2011....

Jhiday said:
Tokimeki said:
Just a question, would ReLIFE count under "Watch an anime with adults as the main cast"? Thanks~

No, several of the main cast members are teenagers. All of them would need to be adults for the show to qualify.

@Jhiday @Tokimeki with how the challenge is currently set it can be used for that item.... but for how it was supposed to be it shouldn't ...

gwendal738 said:
[...]Sure thing! Unfortunately your list is set to private[...]

@chitochito it's important that when you turn-in your challenge to set your list to public, so I'm able to check the entries.


-------------------
iamnouser said:
can anyone tell me the names of the anime in the banners donated by Dancho in this thread???????
Arigato :)

Please use this thread for any questions.
Modified by SheyCroix, Aug 20, 2016 8:23 PM
 
Aug 23, 2016 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 77
Puchkov said:
Emerson_ouo said:
Hello!

I kinda need some recommendations for the challenge so it's be really helpful if you were to recommend something preferably short-ish (a movie works too)

Thanks you very much!


Here are a few options; you'll definitely enjoy at least one of the following:

Berserk Ougon Jidai-hen
Ghost in the Shell 2.0
Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi


Thank you so much. They're quite interesting!

Do you think Mei to Koneko Bus works for watch an anime with children as the main cast. The girl is 4 years old but there is a non-human main character so does that disqualify it or..?
 
Aug 23, 2016 10:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 1756
Emerson_ouo said:
Do you think Mei to Koneko Bus works for watch an anime with children as the main cast. The girl is 4 years old but there is a non-human main character so does that disqualify it or..?


Nekobasu is not human as you mention it and yeah, that will disqualify it for that particular challenge. As a side note, most of the Studio Ghibli movies can be used for the all children main cast.


Death is the road to awe.
 
Aug 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 77
Puchkov said:
Emerson_ouo said:
Do you think Mei to Koneko Bus works for watch an anime with children as the main cast. The girl is 4 years old but there is a non-human main character so does that disqualify it or..?


Nekobasu is not human as you mention it and yeah, that will disqualify it for that particular challenge. As a side note, most of the Studio Ghibli movies can be used for the all children main cast.


Alright. Thank you so much for your super fast replies. Appreciated!
 
Aug 23, 2016 4:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
hello! can someone please recommend me an anime to watch? it would be very nice if it was psychological and/or horror but i'm open to other genres as well.
 
Aug 23, 2016 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 8416
pdhfjg said:
hello! can someone please recommend me an anime to watch? it would be very nice if it was psychological and/or horror but i'm open to other genres as well.


Then I'd say you need to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

These might also be interesting for you:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Parade
Another
Hellsing
 
Aug 23, 2016 10:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 638
I need help with these challenges!!!

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
ใ€€» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge
ใ€€» Watch a staff member's favorite anime
ใ€€» Watch an anime that was recently reviewed
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980

I am a man that likes comedies and strong plots. Thank you very much!!
 
Aug 24, 2016 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
TrashDax said:
pdhfjg said:
hello! can someone please recommend me an anime to watch? it would be very nice if it was psychological and/or horror but i'm open to other genres as well.


Then I'd say you need to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

These might also be interesting for you:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Parade
Another
Hellsing

thank you very much! Higurashi no Naku Koro ni's plot looks very interesting.
 
Aug 25, 2016 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 93
"Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"
Would Kokoro Connect count under this? I have a feeling it doesn't, but hey, you never know until you ask ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
 
Aug 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 638
SilverDio said:
I need help with these challenges!!!

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
ใ€€» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge
ใ€€» Watch a staff member's favorite anime
ใ€€» Watch an anime that was recently reviewed
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980

I am a man that likes comedies and strong plots. Thank you very much!!


Repost I would appreciate some help. Thank you!
 
Aug 25, 2016 11:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 281
SilverDio said:
I need help with these challenges!!!

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
ใ€€» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge
ใ€€» Watch a staff member's favorite anime
ใ€€» Watch an anime that was recently reviewed
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980

I am a man that likes comedies and strong plots. Thank you very much!!
I can only recommend for the first one, but maybe one of these would be of your taste:
Samurai Champloo
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Inu x Boku SS

Tokimeki said:
"Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"
Would Kokoro Connect count under this? I have a feeling it doesn't, but hey, you never know until you ask ¯\_(ใƒ„)_/¯
I'd maybe say no, because it doesn't exactly focus on a couple, but a group of friends with some romance going on. But you might want another opinion about this.
 
Aug 26, 2016 2:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1247
SilverDio said:
SilverDio said:
I need help with these challenges!!!

I am a man that likes comedies and strong plots. Thank you very much!!


Repost I would appreciate some help. Thank you!


ใ€€» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge --> Kemonozume (I have watched it for this challenge :P)
ใ€€» Watch a staff member's favorite anime --> Uchouten Kazoku (favourite by Kineta)
ใ€€» Watch an anime that was recently reviewed --> just go to recent reviews and pick one?...
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980 --> Lupin III (alternatively you can watch Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro if you don't want to put up with a whole 2-cour anime)

I haven't watched any older series/movies, so I can't recommend anything. : /
 
Aug 26, 2016 2:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 638


Miragee said:

ใ€€» Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge --> Kemonozume (I have watched it for this challenge :P)
ใ€€» Watch a staff member's favorite anime --> Uchouten Kazoku (favourite by Kineta)
ใ€€» Watch an anime that was recently reviewed --> just go to recent reviews and pick one?...
» Watch a Korean or Chinese anime
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
ใ€€» Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980 --> Lupin III (alternatively you can watch Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro if you don't want to put up with a whole 2-cour anime)


Thank you very much. You are my heroes.
 
Aug 26, 2016 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1255
I'd like a recommendation of an anime that aired in the Winter/Spring 2016 season that has an average score of 7 or higher. Additional criteria I'm looking for is that it's not a sequel season of a series.

I've already watched these shows...

*Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
*Shouwa Genraku Rakugo Shinjuu
*Joker Game
*Koutetsujou no Kabaneri

Thanks!
 
Aug 26, 2016 6:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
kanon-chan said:
I'd like a recommendation of an anime that aired in the Winter/Spring 2016 season that has an average score of 7 or higher. Additional criteria I'm looking for is that it's not a sequel season of a series.


You can get on the KonoSuba hype train.
 
Aug 26, 2016 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 816
Does Mushishi count as an anime with a main character that is a professional?

If not what's a good one that's worth watching?
 
Aug 26, 2016 7:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1496
bdsbff said:
Does Mushishi count as an anime with a main character that is a professional?

If not what's a good one that's worth watching?


I don't think it counts, but Shirobako will certainly count it's a little shorter and is very good.
 
Aug 26, 2016 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1247
bdsbff said:
Does Mushishi count as an anime with a main character that is a professional?

If not what's a good one that's worth watching?


It counts, most definitely because I used that one last year for that category. Don't even know why it shouldn't count.

I would also argue that the people in Shirobako are less professional than Ginko...
 
Aug 29, 2016 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 344
,,Ginko employs himself as a Mushi master (mushi-shi), traveling from place to place to research Mushi and aid people suffering from problems caused by them." I don't know, this sounds like a profession to me.

Anyway, I need an anime recommended to me by another participant to finish this challenge. Anything is good as long it's not a harem.
 
Aug 29, 2016 9:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 311
Hello, I would like a recommendation for the challenge. Thanks everyone.
 
Aug 29, 2016 3:19 PM
Lord Potato

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 652
Guys I need help with my rewatched title. I can't seem to get it listing that I have rewatched it, it still says 0.
 
Aug 29, 2016 10:19 PM
Tsundere Expert

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1342
Anyone care to recommend any underrated or underappreciated slice-of-life's to watch. I wanna watch as many for the challenges. Thanks.
โ˜† Certified Tsundere โ˜† Twintails Fetishist โ˜† Resident Fate Fanboy โ˜†
 
Aug 30, 2016 2:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1247
OmegaOtaku said:
Anyone care to recommend any underrated or underappreciated slice-of-life's to watch. I wanna watch as many for the challenges. Thanks.


Hourou Musuko, most definitely. It's about the transgender topic but for once an anime that is taking the topic seriously instead of joking about it. It's also really heart-warming with great characters and satisfying drama. It's a really underappreciated gem in my eyes.

Others that are slighty off the radar are Hanasaku Iroha and Uchouten Kazuko.

I would also highly recommend Barakamon and The Tatami Galaxy. They aren't underrated but you haven't watched them. While Barakamon is for everyone and I'm sure you'll like it, The Tatami Galaxy is truly a piece of art but not for everyone to enjoy and can be a bit tedious in the beginning because the brilliance of the earlier episodes only becomes apparent later on.
 
Aug 30, 2016 9:41 AM
Tsundere Expert

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1342
Miragee said:
OmegaOtaku said:
Anyone care to recommend any underrated or underappreciated slice-of-life's to watch. I wanna watch as many for the challenges. Thanks.


Hourou Musuko, most definitely. It's about the transgender topic but for once an anime that is taking the topic seriously instead of joking about it. It's also really heart-warming with great characters and satisfying drama. It's a really underappreciated gem in my eyes.

Others that are slighty off the radar are Hanasaku Iroha and Uchouten Kazuko.

I would also highly recommend Barakamon and The Tatami Galaxy. They aren't underrated but you haven't watched them. While Barakamon is for everyone and I'm sure you'll like it, The Tatami Galaxy is truly a piece of art but not for everyone to enjoy and can be a bit tedious in the beginning because the brilliance of the earlier episodes only becomes apparent later on.


Hey thanks for all the recommendations. I'm gonna watch them all. I've been meaning to watch both Barakamon and Tatami Galaxy, but could never find an excuse to watch them, but now I do
โ˜† Certified Tsundere โ˜† Twintails Fetishist โ˜† Resident Fate Fanboy โ˜†
 
Aug 30, 2016 1:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 461
Slarkero said:
Hello, I would like a recommendation for the challenge. Thanks everyone.


Go with Ergo Proxy, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Noir or Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. If these are too long: Bus Gamer.

-----
I am looking for an anime (max. 12 eps) where one of the protagonists is rocking his red hair.
Genre doesn't matter. Thanks!
[Already seen: Free!, Gekkan Shoujo Noazki-kun & Harmony]
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (66) « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 58 » ... Last »