Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 51 » ... Last »

Jun 8, 2016 12:39 PM

Brand said:
I actually need one for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".

I'd prefer something not to long and available on any one of these Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Amazon Prime. Pretty much any genre is fine though.

Skip Beat!
It's available on Crunchyroll.

Jun 8, 2016 12:46 PM
My muse...

mozgow said:
It's available on Crunchyroll.

Thank you very much, I'll add it to my queue.

Jun 8, 2016 3:45 PM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Ryuuzahar said:
About the romance, is this valid?

to be honest I don't remember the romance of Jin-Rou... I might need to either research, re-watch it or read others opinion...

rayeine said:
An anime with children as the main cast
>>Is Pupipo! okay? I noticed its about a 5th grader which usually means they're 10-11 years old. Then again, I only saw one ep so there may be more adult presence later??

Yes, it works

Jun 8, 2016 3:49 PM

@SheyCroix thanks!

zombie_pegasus said:
Tsumiki no Ie won the 2008 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film

DMC is a comedy anime. I don't really like heavy metal music either, but it's still hilarious.

I see, thanks! I'll put it on my list then. Hopefully the humor is up my alley.

Jun 9, 2016 6:56 AM

Ryuuzahar said:
SheyCroix said:

to be honest I don't remember the romance of Jin-Rou... I might need to either research, re-watch it or read others opinion...

Yes, it works

No complain on this one then.

/30characterlimit
I used this which is a pretty hardcore ecchi shoujo ai OVA and it was acceptable, so I think that one would work too.

Jun 9, 2016 11:53 AM
🌕🚀System;Reset

Ryuuzahar said:
SheyCroix said:

Yes, it works

No complain on this one then.

/30characterlimit

lol yeah, use that one for the romantic couple

Jun 9, 2016 1:20 PM

Guys, does an anime movie count for the "anime that started airing between..." challenge? I mean, it would make sense, but I'm kind of unsure and I don't wanna find out after submitting my turn-in form.

Jun 9, 2016 1:23 PM

Snizel said:
Guys, does an anime movie count for the "anime that started airing between..." challenge? I mean, it would make sense, but I'm kind of unsure and I don't wanna find out after submitting my turn-in form.
Any entry in MAL database counts.
/charlimit

Jun 9, 2016 1:40 PM

Snizel said:
There aren't any TV series that aired before 1963 (at least none that have been subbed). It already says in the FAQ that an anime can be any entry.

Jun 9, 2016 1:56 PM

mozgow said:
Snizel said:
Any entry in MAL database counts.
/charlimit
zombie_pegasus said:
Snizel said:
There aren't any TV series that aired before 1963 (at least none that have been subbed). It already says in the FAQ that an anime can be any entry.

Thank you both. I didn't consider comparing it to the one from the bonus challenges, that makes sense. I feared that I might have got it wrong because of my lack of English understanding, sorry. xD

Jun 12, 2016 8:42 AM
Forum Moderator
pro hermit

Hello, I just wanted to know if those anime work for those categories:

- Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Kyousou Giga
If this one doesn't work, I would like to have some recommendations because I have a hard time finding any anime for this category.

- Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field: Paniponi Dash!

Jun 12, 2016 9:07 AM

Kyousougiga won't work.

I think the other one works.

Jun 12, 2016 9:29 AM
Forum Moderator
pro hermit

AudioTsunami said:
Kyousougiga won't work.

Thank you, I was about to start Kyousougiga so...
I spent a lot of time searching for something that would fit this category but I couldn't really find anything. Can someone recommend me something for this: Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships? I don't mind any genre.

Jun 12, 2016 9:46 AM

DeadlyRaven said:
AudioTsunami said:
Kyousougiga won't work.

I spent a lot of time searching for something that would fit this category but I couldn't really find anything. Can someone recommend me something for this: Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships? I don't mind any genre.
Hibike! Euphonium is a good one. Pretty much all moe and sports anime work with exceptions like Cross Game and Chuunibyou. K-On!, Selector Infected WIXOSS, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Girls und Panzer, Gakkougurashi!, Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan", and Binbou Shimai Monogatari are some other options.

Jun 12, 2016 9:47 AM

What are the limitations to the Children in main cast challenge?

Jun 12, 2016 9:54 AM

yhunata said:
Under 12 for normal users, under 14 if you were misinformed that that was the restriction. If no age data is available for the characters then if they look and act like they're under 12 it is acceptable. The entire main cast must children, so it can't be a babysitter situation like Ro-Kyu-Bu or Hanamaru Kindergarten.

Jun 12, 2016 10:15 AM

zombie_pegasus said:
yhunata said:
Under 12 for normal users, under 14 if you were misinformed that that was the restriction. If no age data is available for the characters then if they look and act like they're under 12 it is acceptable. The entire main cast must children, so it can't be a babysitter situation like Ro-Kyu-Bu or Hanamaru Kindergarten.

How big must the cast be? Are 2 characters like in Ookii 1 Nensei to Chiisana 2 Nensei enough for that item?

Jun 12, 2016 10:31 AM

Hershel_Layton said:
zombie_pegasus said:

How big must the cast be? Are 2 characters like in Ookii 1 Nensei to Chiisana 2 Nensei enough for that item?
I used Binbou Shimai Monogatari for the "Watch an anime with a main cast mainly of one gender" challenge and it only has two main characters, so I think a cast just has to be at least two characters.

Jun 12, 2016 11:30 AM
Forum Moderator
pro hermit

zombie_pegasus said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Hibike! Euphonium is a good one. Pretty much all moe and sports anime work with exceptions like Cross Game and Chuunibyou. K-On!, Selector Infected WIXOSS, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Girls und Panzer, Gakkougurashi!, Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan", and Binbou Shimai Monogatari are some other options.

Thank you so much! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑

Jun 12, 2016 11:36 AM

Thanks. Another question, this time about the ,,Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action" challenge. If a live action show is adapting an anime based on a manga, isn't it technically adapting the manga instead of the anime? Does the anime have to be an original?

Jun 12, 2016 11:50 AM

Hershel_Layton said:
Thanks. Another question, this time about the ,,Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action" challenge. If a live action show is adapting an anime based on a manga, isn't it technically adapting the manga instead of the anime? Does the anime have to be an original?

As I understand this point, there must be a live-action version of the story shown in anime, regardless if the anime is original or not.

Jun 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Hershel_Layton said:
As long as it isn't an anime adapted from a live action movie it's fine. The one I used was based on a novel and has had live action adaptions from both before and after the anime aired, which was acceptable.

Jun 12, 2016 10:14 PM
Loli Lover

zombie_pegasus said:
yhunata said:
I had just finished watching Charlotte for that challenge & wondered "Wait wtf does the "i.e.12 years old or younger" mean cant they be teenagers" So thank you for making it clear to me & making me search for something else

Jun 12, 2016 10:21 PM

Mr_Perv_ said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I had just finished watching Charlotte for that challenge & wondered "Wait wtf does the "i.e.12 years old or younger" mean cant they be teenagers" So thank you for making it clear to me & making me search for something else
Since the majority of anime have characters between the ages of 13 and 17 there is one challenge for a main cast under the age of 13 and another challenge for a main cast over the age of 17. "Watch an anime with teenage protagonists" may as well be "watch an anime", which would be a pretty illogical challenge. You're welcome. You can probably use Charlotte for another challenge.

Jun 13, 2016 2:05 AM

» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship

» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

^ I need some recommendations for these two.

Romance: I'm looking for a more mature show, something that's not cheesy or generic.

In general, I prefer shows that are a little different.

Jun 13, 2016 5:41 AM

coromandel said:
» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship

» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

Romance: I'm looking for a more mature show, something that's not cheesy or generic.

Romance: Spice & Wolf. It's based in the middle-age in europe. It features some witty dialouge and its focus is on trading/peddling aside from the romance.

The other one is harder because shows that feature real arche-type characters are not that great most of the times. You might want to try out Osomatsu-san if you are up for a slap-stick/nonsense comedy (I think those brothers could count as archetypes). Maybe Samurai Champloo or one of the Durarara sequels.

Jun 13, 2016 7:58 AM

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Can someone give me some recommendation(s) please?
I would like to watch anime that the main character is misunderstanded and isolated, like Hikigaya Hachiman (from Oregairu) and Ryner Lute (from Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). I would also watch anime focus on philosophy, like Kokoro Connect and Ghost in the Shell.
If it is difficult to find such anime, I would accept comedy.
Thank you ^^
Life is always full of unfairness. That's something you know all too well, right?
~ Decim

Jun 13, 2016 11:54 AM

LEVNIK said:
  » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Can someone give me some recommendation(s) please?
I would like to watch anime that the main character is misunderstanded and isolated, like Hikigaya Hachiman (from Oregairu) and Ryner Lute (from Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). I would also watch anime focus on philosophy, like Kokoro Connect and Ghost in the Shell.
If it is difficult to find such anime, I would accept comedy.
Thank you ^^

Your list is restricted, so I can see what you have watched or liked, so apologies if you have seen these.
Monster does focus on characters who are somewhat isolated in their journeys and deals with psychology, various moral issues, and some philosophy. It is on the longer side, but worth the watch.
Kino's Journey is another you may like. It focuses on Kino, and her motorad Hermes as they travel around visiting different countries. They only stay 3 days and learn about the country. There is a lot of philosophy and getting into how people justify what they do. It can get rather deep.

Jun 13, 2016 12:11 PM

Miragee said:
coromandel said:

Romance: Spice & Wolf. It's based in the middle-age in europe. It features some witty dialouge and its focus is on trading/peddling aside from the romance.

The other one is harder because shows that feature real arche-type characters are not that great most of the times. You might want to try out Osomatsu-san if you are up for a slap-stick/nonsense comedy (I think those brothers could count as archetypes). Maybe Samurai Champloo or one of the Durarara sequels.

Spice & Wolf sounds pretty good! For the other one.. I'll probably watch Durararax2.
Thanks!

Jun 13, 2016 1:27 PM

coromandel said:
Miragee said:

Spice & Wolf sounds pretty good! For the other one.. I'll probably watch Durararax2.
Thanks!

You're welcome, I hope you will enjoy it! :)

Jun 13, 2016 1:32 PM
Loli Lover

» Watch an anime with children as the main cast -
i.e. 12 years old or younger
Can someone help me with this one since most of the anime i think are the right ones, aren't so yeah someone help

Jun 13, 2016 1:53 PM

Mr_Perv_ said:
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast -
i.e. 12 years old or younger
Can someone help me with this one since most of the anime i think are the right ones, aren't so yeah someone help

Dennou Coil works. Most Ghibli movies can work. Ghost Stories might work (does have a cat as a MC, so not sure). Gaken Alice should also work. You can check people who have finished the challenge and see what they used for that one as well.

Jun 13, 2016 3:22 PM
Loli Lover

Korrailli said:
Mr_Perv_ said:

Dennou Coil works. Most Ghibli movies can work. Ghost Stories might work (does have a cat as a MC, so not sure). Gaken Alice should also work. You can check people who have finished the challenge and see what they used for that one as well.
Thank you & you helped me with another challenge as well i would say you helped with one more if i had liked the synopsis of Dennou Coil

Jun 13, 2016 9:19 PM

I need some recommendations for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" (No historical, mecha, yaoi, yuri, ecchi, sci-fi).

Jun 13, 2016 9:29 PM

blazerx46 said:
I need some recommendations for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" (No historical, mecha, yaoi, yuri, ecchi, sci-fi).
What interesting genres to exclude. What do you have against historical anime?
You might like Gakkougurashi!. It does have a pool episode, but other than that there isn't much ecchi. It's a psychological CGDCT. One Punch Man is about a superhero who is bored of how overpowered he is. I'm somewhat surprised you haven't seen it, but if you're purposefully avoiding it then I guess that's not much of a recommendation. Saki is an interesting anime about mahjong. There is a bit of ecchi, but it's not too bad.

Jun 14, 2016 6:05 PM

I need a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".
Open to any genres, but would prefer something dissimilar to what I have already watched (which is mostly comedies and a few other popular anime; see my list).
Must be a TV series.

Jun 14, 2016 9:14 PM

atokymat said:
I need a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".
Open to any genres, but would prefer something dissimilar to what I have already watched (which is mostly comedies and a few other popular anime; see my list).
Must be a TV series.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - the best Shoujo of last season, and one of the best overall
Aria The Animation - the ultimate Slice of Life anime; but to truly appreciate it you have to watch all three seasons
Bubblegum Crisis - old, classic mecha anime
Planetes - a story about space debris collectors :-)
Tamayura: Hitotose - another great SoL anime

Jun 14, 2016 11:40 PM

I have a couple of questions regarding the challenges. Mind's drawing a blank. Sorry for the many questions :P A sincere "thank you" will be rewarded for your troubles ^~^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship-
Any recommendations?

> » Watch an anime with children as the main cast
SQ ^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
Does Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin qualify? It's mostly about friendship but i'm not sure coz of some romance subplots.

> » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
Can Steins;Gate do? It's in my PTW. I know he's a scientist, but not sure if he's a pro.

> » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
This thing ofc. Preferably a good Horror. Please no Mecha 4 m3.

> Is there anything wrong with me entry so far?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=2050#msg46449576

Thanks in advance_

Another note: I would like to thank @Miragee for the help. You've done well to assist meh :3
Modified by Kajo_Senpai69, Jun 19, 2016 10:19 AM

Jun 15, 2016 2:57 AM

I have four questions regarding this challenge. (Sorry, it's a lot) But, help is much appreciated!

Question 1: "Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope?" I don't get this one, can anyone help me with this?

Question 2: "Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word" I also, don't get this one.

Question 3: Also, does anyone have any (two) recommendations from you 'Anime Watching Participants'?

Question 4: Lastly, what anime can you recommend from 1981 to 1990 and from 1991 to 2000?

Jun 15, 2016 3:05 AM

Sorry, one more question!

Question: How does one get 'disqualified' from this contest?

Jun 15, 2016 3:08 AM
Forum Moderator
pro hermit

_LorDNiCo_ said:

Question 1: "Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope?" I don't get this one, can anyone help me with this?

Just go to TVTropes and hit the random button at the top. There are exemple of anime for most tropes. You can always hit the random button again if you don't like the trope.

You can't get disqualified. Anyway, I don't think so. Maybe if you cheat and add a lot of anime to your completed list near the end of the year. If you make a mistake in a category, you can always choose a new anime for it.

Jun 15, 2016 3:10 AM

Does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) qualify for an anime that consists of a cast of mainly children under the age of twelve? If not, can someone recommend me a series that qualifies for this entry instead, something preferably on the darker and more mature side, as I am not generally fond of children's antics.
Modified by Lestat-, Jun 15, 2016 3:22 AM

Jun 15, 2016 3:40 AM

Lestat- said:
Does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased) qualify for an anime that consists of a cast of mainly children under the age of twelve? If not, can someone recommend me a series that qualifies for this entry instead, something preferably on the darker and more mature side, as I am not generally fond of children's antics.

Boku Dake ga Inal Machi consists of a cast mainly a children under the age of 12. They're eleven, mature for their age and I definitely recommend this anime. It's a masterpiece. Btw, I'm not generally fond of children's antics as well.

Jun 15, 2016 3:52 AM

_LorDNiCo_ said:
Question 2: "Choose an anime from the predictive search using a generated random word" I also, don't get this one.

Type the word you get from this site on the MAL search bar and watch an anime that comes up from the search.

Jun 15, 2016 4:20 AM
Aloha Oi~

_LorDNiCo_ said:
Question 3: Also, does anyone have any (two) recommendations from you 'Anime Watching Participants'?

Question 4: Lastly, what anime can you recommend from 1981 to 1990 and from 1991 to 2000?

For question 3: My two recommendations for you would be Akame ga Kill and Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai.

For question 4: I'm not really into older anime, so for the 1981 to 1990 I'd just recommend a Studio Ghibli film, but from 1991 to 2000, I'd recommend Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku. It started airing 1999 so it's valid.

Jun 15, 2016 4:22 AM

Kajo_Senpai69 said:
I have a couple of questions regarding the challenges. Mind's drawing a blank. Sorry for the many questions :P A sincere "thank you" will be rewarded for your troubles ^~^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship-
Any recommendations?

> » Watch an anime with children as the main cast
SQ ^

> » Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
Does Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin qualify? It's mostly about friendship but i'm not sure coz of some romance subplots.

> » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field
Can Steins;Gate do? It's in my PTW. I know he's a scientist, but not sure if he's a pro.

> » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
This thing ofc. Preferably a good Horror. Please no Mecha 4 m3.

> Is there anything wrong with me entry so far?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=2050#msg46449576

Thanks in advance_

1. Spice & Wolf

2. Dennou Coil?

3. I haven't watched the show. The question is: Is the romance one of the main points? If not it's ok.

4. Steins;Gate counts. The male MC is not a pro imho but the red haired girl is.

5. There are good horror shows? huh... Try Shinsekai yori. It has some horror but not what the western society would consider horror I guess.

6. Looks fine to me.

_LorDNiCo_ said:
I have four questions regarding this challenge. (Sorry, it's a lot) But, help is much appreciated!

1. Was answered above.

2. Use the the link to the random word generator and generate a word. On this side there is a search function in the top right corner. Use the generated word in the search function. Take the first anime that you haven't seen already.

3. Try "Humanity has declined"

4. There are a lot of insanely good movies from those periods.

For 1991-2000 you can try Princess Mononoke, Mimi wo Sumaseba or Ghost in the Shell (1995). If you want a series, try Serial Experiments Lain (a bit of mental gymnastics) or El Hazard: The Magnificent World (generic fantasy but you might like this one according to your list/taste).

For 1981-1990: Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä or Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa for movies. Series is a bit difficult because I haven't seen much from that era yet. Legend of Galactic Heroes is a masterpiece but it's really long and it might not fit your taste. Area88 is quite enjoyable even if it's not that good.

Don't be afraid because of animation. All the movies have incredible animation, much much better than 99 % of what you see today. Most OVAs from that day and age also have really good animation (e.g. Area88) and the shows are mostly decent. The art can be quite different from today's but you will get used to it.

Jun 15, 2016 4:56 AM

Could someone recommend an anime for me to watch please?

I've already seen a lot of stuff so it might be a pain. I'm not excluding any genres though!

My current anime watching challenge list.

Jun 15, 2016 5:18 AM

SlaughterChichi said:
Could someone recommend an anime for me to watch please?

I've already seen a lot of stuff so it might be a pain. I'm not excluding any genres though!

My current anime watching challenge list.

Since you have Acchi Kocchi on your PTW list, I'll go ahead and recommend it.

Jun 15, 2016 5:24 AM

Jun 15, 2016 5:35 AM

yhunata said:
Since you have Acchi Kocchi on your PTW list, I'll go ahead and recommend it.

Thank you! Have added it on and will get to watching soon :)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (66) « First ... « 47 48 [49] 50 51 » ... Last »