Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2016 10:21 AM

Mar 2009
Nikechu said:
@Ronin_Alx yes it does, Someone recommended it to me for that challenge as well, so go for it.

Awesome =D Thanks. I'm on episode 10. Still don't get all about "virtual space" but I like it.
Mar 9, 2016 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
Would Ore Monogatari count as an anime focusing on a romantic relationship?
Mar 9, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2015
jstn18 said:

Definitely yes; although I haven't seen it yet.
Mar 9, 2016 3:11 PM

Mar 2013
jstn18 said:

I have seen it, and yes, it counts. And I think I am the most particular about that challenge and I'd count it so I'm sure it's good for shey
Mar 9, 2016 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
Puchkov said:
jstn18 said:

Definitely yes; although I haven't seen it yet.
AudioTsunami said:
jstn18 said:

I have seen it, and yes, it counts. And I think I am the most particular about that challenge and I'd count it so I'm sure it's good for shey

Ok thank you i just wanted to make sure before i started watching it
Mar 9, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
I know that a staff member has One Punch Man within their favorite animes and i'm using it for the challenge, however i don't know who that staff member might be and I don't really feel like looking up all of their profiles... can someone tell me who is he/she?
Mar 9, 2016 10:47 PM

Oct 2014
simon443 said:
I know that a staff member has One Punch Man within their favorite animes and i'm using it for the challenge, however i don't know who that staff member might be and I don't really feel like looking up all of their profiles... can someone tell me who is he/she?
Ardanaz is a forum mod and he has OPM in his favourites.
Mar 10, 2016 7:46 AM

Aug 2015
I got a question regarding this challenge:
» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher

Can I also use a (light) novel for this challenge? I'm considering using Log Horizon (which is adapted from a light novel) for this one, but I'm not completely sure if it's allowed or not.
Mar 10, 2016 8:03 AM

Aug 2015
Suprice said:

Can I also use a (light) novel for this challenge? I'm considering using Log Horizon (which is adapted from a light novel) for this one, but I'm not completely sure if it's allowed or not.

The source material has to be specifically a Manga, therefore Light novels don't count for this. Also the manga needs a score of 8+ (regardless of the score of the Anime adaptation).
Mar 10, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
zombie_pegasus said:

Thanks a lot, you saved me a lot of time!
Mar 10, 2016 8:20 AM

Aug 2015
Puchkov said:
Suprice said:

The source material has to be specifically a Manga, therefore Light novels don't count for this. Also the manga needs a score of 8+ (regardless of the score of the Anime adaptation).

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for the reply in any case!
Mar 10, 2016 10:40 AM

Oct 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
simon443 said:
haha @ardanaz sometimes i forget youre a mod. weirded me out seeing your name here xD

Mar 10, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
talonbone said:
haha @ardanaz sometimes i forget youre a mod. weirded me out seeing your name here xD

You're used to seeing my dumb face on the simulwatches :P
Mar 10, 2016 10:35 PM

Oct 2014
Dadarklord1109 said:
Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher:

So the anime has to have a score of 8.0 of higher? Or the manga it was adapted from has to have that score?
I honestly would have though that adding "i.e. The manga is scored 8.0 or more" would have resolved this question. It's written in the sign-up sheet. If you signed up before it was added you could have looked at the new sign up sheet.
Mar 10, 2016 11:08 PM

Feb 2016
Would anyone mind to recommend me something for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? Preferably on a short side and isn't centered around romance. :D thanks!
Mar 11, 2016 12:32 AM

Mar 2013
zerdkt said:
Would anyone mind to recommend me something for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"? Preferably on a short side and isn't centered around romance. :D thanks!

Eccentric Family
Kyousougiga
DunMachi!
Mar 11, 2016 1:25 AM

Feb 2016
AudioTsunami said:
zerdkt said:

Eccentric Family
Kyousougiga
DunMachi!

Thanks for the recommendations! I've been meaning to watch uchouten kazoku for a while now, but it keeps slipping off my mind for some reason. I'll definitely give it a go!
Mar 11, 2016 5:40 AM

Feb 2009
Hi there!! ^^

I have a question... in the "Watch a Korean or Chinese anime" can I add an OVA instead of a whole anime?

And in the " Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant", can someone recommend me an anime, please! :)
Mar 11, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2015
Ardanaz said:
talonbone said:

You're used to seeing my dumb face on the simulwatches :P

Im scared to see ur face outside of Neko Pub. Lol

Would be funny if i entered this ting, it takes me months to finish anything.
Mar 11, 2016 6:38 AM

Dec 2015
I'm new to the challenge and I'm keen to enter, but it all seems a bit complicated. Anyway, does anime that I've watched this year but before submitting the signingup form count? Or does the anime need to be watched after signing up?
Thanks~
Mar 11, 2016 6:55 AM

Jan 2016
Mah_lenneth said:
Hi there!! ^^

I have a question... in the "Watch a Korean or Chinese anime" can I add an OVA instead of a whole anime?
Yes you can add an OVA, there's nobody saying you can't pick an OVA, some people just choose to restrict themselves from watching OVA's as they can be shorter than most anime. Often OVA's are just 1-2 episodes.

Mah_lenneth said:

And in the " Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant", can someone recommend me an anime, please! :)
Oh boy, your anime list is long. Anyway:

Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou - Chibi version of attack on titans, It's rather fun to watch I'd definitely recommend that if you want to see a different version of AoT.

Charlotte - The MC finds out he have a hidden power. He uses that power to cheat in tests to get the highest score. One day a girl appears and caught him red-handed. She tells him that people experiment on people with special powers. So to protect himself from these experiments he have to transfer to the school the girl are in, that's where his new life begins. . . It's something like that, you follow their not so daily routines.

==================================================================================================
TreeClops said:
I'm new to the challenge and I'm keen to enter, but it all seems a bit complicated. Anyway, does anime that I've watched this year but before submitting the signingup form count? Or does the anime need to be watched after signing up?
Thanks~
I've always thought that you had to watch it from the date you turn in your form.
Also they probably wouldn't count as you will have to type in the amount of anime you've watched when the challenge begins, this include the ones you watched in 2016.
StitchMar 11, 2016 4:28 PM
Mar 11, 2016 7:29 AM

Aug 2015
TreeClops said:
Thanks~

As long as you started watching the Anime after January 1st 2016 it does count.
Mar 11, 2016 8:20 AM

Feb 2009
Mah_lenneth said:

Oh boy, your anime list is long. Anyway:

Shingeki Kyojin Chuugakkou - Chibi version of attack on titans, It's rather fun to watch I'd definitely recommend that if you want to see a different version of AoT.

Charlotte - The MC finds out he have a hidden power. He uses that power to cheat in tests to get the highest score. One day a girl appears and caught him red-handed. She tells him that people experiment on people with special powers. So to protect himself from these experiments he have to transfer to the school the girl are in, that's where his new life begins. . . It's something like that, you follow their not so daily routines.

Thank you :)
I've heard about "Charlotte" and seems nice. I'll try!! ^^
Yes, it is xD my list is very long. I watch animes since I was 14 years old XDD
Mar 11, 2016 12:19 PM

Jun 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Dadarklord1109 said:
Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher:

So the anime has to have a score of 8.0 of higher? Or the manga it was adapted from has to have that score?
I honestly would have though that adding "i.e. The manga is scored 8.0 or more" would have resolved this question. It's written in the sign-up sheet. If you signed up before it was added you could have looked at the new sign up sheet.

Thats a good suggestion... I havent looked at the new sign up sheet since January...I'm laughing so damn hard at myself right ow.
Dadarklord1109Mar 11, 2016 12:29 PM

Mar 11, 2016 1:16 PM

Mar 2013
Mah_lenneth said:
Hi there!! ^^

Yeah, you can use an OVA for any category that doesn't specifically say otherwise.

My recs for you: Silver Spoon, Ping pong, and Gurren Lagann because how do you have 900+ watched anime, like action, and not seen Gurren Lagann?

Robiiii said:

Would be funny if i entered this ting, it takes me months to finish anything.

Well, @zombie_pegasus finished the easy challenge with about 75 minutes of content, so if you want to participate, you could always go that route. I think you'd have fun.
Mar 11, 2016 1:21 PM

Dec 2015
Sorry but ima pass. Thanks for the offer tho ^^
Mar 11, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm, I've been thinking for the following challenge:
» Watch an anime with a target demographic that does not apply to you
I can watch either Shounen, Shoujo, Josei or Kodomokume (kids) right?

I'm a 19 yr old male, so Seinen is the one that does apply to me right? I've heard that Shounen is for young boys aged 18 and less, while Shoujo is for males 19+, is that right?

Also @Puchkov basically any anime that I watched after I watched in 2016 count right? It's just about remembering what I've seen...
Mar 11, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
Nikechu said:

I'm a 19 yr old male, so Seinen is the one that does apply to me right? I've heard that Shounen is for young boys aged 18 and less, while Shoujo is for males 19+, is that right?

Also @Puchkov basically any anime that I watched after I watched in 2016 count right? It's just about remembering what I've seen...

Yeah, so anything that you started watching since January 1st 2016 can be used for the challenge; that guideline was added thinking about folks that might end up joining the challenge very late in the year.

To the other question: 19 year old male would be Seinen demographic.
Mar 11, 2016 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
quick question; does trap count as archtype?
Mar 11, 2016 2:32 PM

Jan 2016
Thank you for the help and the reply, Puchkov.
Mar 11, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2013
Please, can someone recommend me something for this "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant ?"
Mar 11, 2016 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
Nikechu said:

Here are the ages for the demographics:
Shounen: 8-18 year old males
Shoujo: 8-18 year old females
Seinen: 18+ year old males
Josei: 18+ year old females
Kodomomuke: apparently anyone up to 12 years of age

Because of reasons many people in the josei demographic will watch shounen (mostly fujoshi) and many people in the seinen demographic watch shoujo (which is why CGDCT is so popular). An 18 year old female could still watch Haikyuu for the challenge even though the creators expect people in that demographic to watch it. Because of how the ages fall 18 year olds fit into two demographics.
Mar 11, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2013
KimmyChii said:
quick question; does trap count as archtype?
Yes

dragon_of_light said:
Please, can someone recommend me something for this "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant ?"

Space BattleshipYamato 2199
Ping Pong The animation
Redline
Mar 11, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2013
dragon_of_light said:

Here're some options:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Angel Beats
Baccano
Haruhi Suzumiya
Mar 11, 2016 4:20 PM

Jan 2016
Thank you @Zombie_pegasus for the detailed explanation about the age groups for demographics.
StitchMar 11, 2016 5:37 PM
Mar 11, 2016 4:38 PM

Sep 2013

Kezone said:

Here're some options:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Angel Beats
Baccano
Haruhi Suzumiya

Thanks for the sugestions! I'll check them out ^^
Mar 11, 2016 7:35 PM

Jan 2016
Would Kurozuka count as an anime "that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship"?
Mar 11, 2016 9:29 PM

Jan 2015
Any good anime with a protagonist that has brown hair?
Mar 11, 2016 9:33 PM

Jan 2016
Pkfire0 said:

Well I don't remember hair color that much, but I know Psycho-Pass have a female mc with brown hair. You haven't seen second season yet, it's only 11 eps so.
Mar 12, 2016 12:29 AM

Mar 2013
Pkfire0 said:

Instead of watching the super bad second season of Psycho Pass, just watch the movie. Because it's better and has the main dude in it.
Mar 12, 2016 1:24 AM

Mar 2016
Would appreciate a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". I would prefer if it's short (13 episodes or less). Please & thank you.
Mar 12, 2016 1:31 AM

Dec 2013
Glitchytronics said:
Would appreciate a recommendation for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant". I would prefer if it's short (13 episodes or less). Please & thank you.

Barakamon is a safe bet. #morecharacters
Mar 12, 2016 1:47 AM

Mar 2016
LogSwapper said:
Glitchytronics said:

Barakamon is a safe bet. #morecharacters

I've been meaning to watch that one. Thanks.
Mar 12, 2016 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
I think I'm going to give this a go. Would anyone be kind enough to offer me my recs for this so I can get started in this lovely long journey? I think I like that a few series are up to someone else to suggest. Makes this even more interesting of a project
Mar 12, 2016 4:37 AM

Apr 2011
Question about "choose an anime from the predictive search" category. When you enter the word, does the anime have to be from the list that pops up or can you press enter and choose one of those (which gives a lot more options).
Mar 12, 2016 5:56 AM

Jul 2009
Miranko said:
I think I'm going to give this a go. Would anyone be kind enough to offer me my recs for this so I can get started in this lovely long journey? I think I like that a few series are up to someone else to suggest. Makes this even more interesting of a project

I can give you tips for some challenges using your PTW list.
» Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher - Bakuman
» Watch a Mystery, Thriller or Psychological anime - Mawaru Penguindrum
» Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length - Monster
» Watch an anime that started airing the same season you joined MAL - Nagi no Asukara
» Watch an anime which began airing between 1991 and 2000 - Neon Genesis Evangelion
» Watch an anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game - NHK ni Youkoso!
» Watch an anime with adults as the main cast - Psycho Pass
» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships - Tiger & Bunny

You should really watch these. There's more, but it's more fun when you search for anime fitting to challenges, I think, so give it a go~

As for » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant, I recommend:
Shirobako
Kuragehime
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Higurashi
Death Parade
I hope you'll like some, it's mix of pretty different themes and genres. You can use them for different challenges, if you want. Shirobako is award-winning work, for example.
Mar 12, 2016 6:41 AM
Dec 2015
Does Daily Lives of high school boys (http://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/Danshi_Koukousei_no_Nichijou) count as an anime that focuses on nonromantic relationship?
Mar 12, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2011
megoface said:
Does Daily Lives of high school boys (http://myanimelist.net/anime/11843/Danshi_Koukousei_no_Nichijou) count as an anime that focuses on nonromantic relationship?

It focuses on friendship, so it should count
Mar 12, 2016 8:37 AM

Apr 2011
What are some good anime with blond protagonists? I've been recommended Kiniro Mosaic but I figured I should check out all my options first.
Mar 12, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2015
AkkaAkka said:
What are some good anime with blond protagonists? I've been recommended Kiniro Mosaic but I figured I should check out all my options first.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu is pretty good minus the ending.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou is a historical anime I really liked

Seitokai Yakuindomo is really funny
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 5 hours ago

21 by APolygons2 »»
8 seconds ago

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 10 minutes ago

1 by W3TFT »»
3 minutes ago

» What old anime could become popular today?

W3TFT - 6 hours ago

10 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by FZREMAKE »»
20 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 2 hours ago

15 by DigiCat »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.