Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2016 4:38 PM

Aug 2015
Thnx4dafood said:
BTW Non Non Biyori was recommended for the all children cast slot. I read the some of characters are older than 10.. that still counts though?

It does count... I verified that personally with @SheyCroix.
Feb 16, 2016 7:49 PM

Dec 2014
I only have a few categories to decide on, and seeing as I'm watching Dagashi Kashi, I figure it might as well be used to fulfill one of the following categories:

» Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
 » Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge

However, I have some questions about these categories. For the former, does it mean that it needs to be the first thing I've ever watched by that director/composer/studio, or is there some leeway? I tend not to pay too much attention to the studio or director a lot of the time, and I had no idea I had even watched anything by Feel until I looked it up and saw that they made Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, which I watched a while ago. Would it be okay to have Dagashi Kashi in this category, or should I try and find something by a studio or director that is 100 percent new to me? If it's the latter, I will probably need recommendations, because, as I've mentioned, I don't pay attention to the studio/director most of the time and I will struggle to find something on my own.

For the latter category, does the user need to have completed the anime? Or would I be able to use it if they merely have it on their challenge list as "Watching" or "Plan to Watch"? This is my backup category for Dagashi Kashi, as I've seen a few people watching it.

Feb 16, 2016 7:54 PM

Oct 2014
TwilightAmory said:
I only have a few categories to decide on, and seeing as I'm watching Dagashi Kashi, I figure it might as well be used to fulfill one of the following categories:

» Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
 » Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge

However, I have some questions about these categories. For the former, does it mean that it needs to be the first thing I've ever watched by that director/composer/studio, or is there some leeway? I tend not to pay too much attention to the studio or director a lot of the time, and I had no idea I had even watched anything by Feel until I looked it up and saw that they made Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, which I watched a while ago. Would it be okay to have Dagashi Kashi in this category, or should I try and find something by a studio or director that is 100 percent new to me? If it's the latter, I will probably need recommendations, because, as I've mentioned, I don't pay attention to the studio/director most of the time and I will struggle to find something on my own.

For the latter category, does the user need to have completed the anime? Or would I be able to use it if they merely have it on their challenge list as "Watching" or "Plan to Watch"? This is my backup category for Dagashi Kashi, as I've seen a few people watching it.
You have to watch something from a director/composer/studio which you have seen nothing from before. There are many studios such as 12 Diary Holders, 1st PLACE, 3xCube, A-Real, ect. which have only made one anime so this shouldn't be too difficult.

Dagashi Kashi is still airing so when you complete it there should be other people who have completed it as well.
Feb 16, 2016 7:56 PM

Mar 2013
Thnx4dafood said:
AudioTsunami said:

» Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field Garden of Words - Also not on your list, but the only thing that has a professional on your ptw list is Shirobako but that's also the only thing with adults as the main cast. The guy who suggested Stein;s Gate is incredibly misinformed because Kirisu is a student and that's already been discussed at length in this thread. The main girl in Garden of Words is a teacher)

Yea I heard that from another staff member and in this thread previously, oh well.

Can anyone recommend another anime with a MC who is a proff. in his/her field??
I would like a show 10-26 ep if possible.

Also I never got an ok on this: Would Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou count as a non-human MC. I know all the Mc girls are not 100%human but are they considered half...... would it count XD

Garden of words, like I suggested originally. It's a movie.
Feb 16, 2016 8:21 PM

Dec 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
You have to watch something from a director/composer/studio which you have seen nothing from before. There are many studios such as 12 Diary Holders, 1st PLACE, 3xCube, A-Real, ect. which have only made one anime so this shouldn't be too difficult.

Dagashi Kashi is still airing so when you complete it there should be other people who have completed it as well.

Thank you, it never really occurred to me to find a studio who had only made one anime for some reason. I'll be using Urawa no Usagi-chan by A-Real for that challenge then. And the answer to my other question makes sense too, so it looks like I have everything planned out. Thanks for the help!

Feb 16, 2016 10:42 PM
Jul 2018
Watch an anime that contains Echchi,Harem,:~ Can I include an anime that I have dropped in this season?
Feb 16, 2016 11:19 PM

Mar 2013
If you started it this year, than yeah but you'd have to finish it. Also, I didn't see anything tagged ecchi or harem in your dropped section from this season.
AudioTsunamiFeb 16, 2016 11:24 PM
Feb 17, 2016 7:52 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
jstn18 said:
Would Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri count as a main character thats a professional in there field since the main character is a soldier.

Yes, it can be used for that item
filling out space 'cause we can't give short answer.... where's the freedom?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 17, 2016 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
Would Nana be a three or more cour series?
Feb 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2015
Thnx4dafood said:
Would Nana be a three or more cour series?

Since it's 47 episodes, it can be considered a 3-cour+ Anime.
Feb 17, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Hi !

Can I have a recommendation for the challenge ''Watch an anime with adults as the main cast'' ? :3
Feb 17, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2013
Menewen said:
Hi !

Can I have a recommendation for the challenge ''Watch an anime with adults as the main cast'' ? :3

The Tatami Galaxy
Nodame Cantabile
Shirobako
Feb 17, 2016 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
Menewen said:
Hi !

Try Psycho-pass, it's on your PTW. Really good series with interesting antagonist.
Feb 17, 2016 10:00 PM
Dec 2014
If I watch an anime that has multiple seasons but MAL has the seasons listed as separate items can I use the different seasons as different items on the challenge?
Feb 17, 2016 10:19 PM

Mar 2013
Sawt0othGrin said:
If I watch an anime that has multiple seasons but MAL has the seasons listed as separate items can I use the different seasons as different items on the challenge?

Yes .................................................
Feb 18, 2016 12:27 AM
Feb 2008
Could I have a recommendation please? Preferably something that isn't Ecchi, Harem etc. and not too long.
Feb 18, 2016 4:31 AM

Jul 2014
Lirina said:
Could I have a recommendation please? Preferably something that isn't Ecchi, Harem etc. and not too long.
Trigun
Hachimitsu to Clover
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster
Feb 18, 2016 5:53 AM

Dec 2013
Lirina said:

Barakamon
Maria-sama ga Miteru

#morecharacters
Feb 18, 2016 6:16 AM

Nov 2015
PrOxAnto said:
For the ~13 episodes, watch Kokoro Connect, it has 13 episodes and the sequel Michi Random has 4 extra.

I didn't realize that story had a sequel, glad I read your post :D
Feb 18, 2016 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
penguinparade said:
PrOxAnto said:
For the ~13 episodes, watch Kokoro Connect, it has 13 episodes and the sequel Michi Random has 4 extra.

I didn't realize that story had a sequel, glad I read your post :D

No problem, it's a good final 4 episodes aswell :D
Feb 18, 2016 6:40 PM

May 2009
for anime that focuses on non-romantic relantionships, would donten ni warau be ok?
if not, please recommend me something lol
Feb 19, 2016 3:17 AM

Jul 2014
sungho said:
for anime that focuses on non-romantic relantionships, would donten ni warau be ok?

ok, is a sibling relationship
It has a little romance between the side characters, but is not the focus
Feb 19, 2016 6:55 AM

May 2009
virtual_core said:
sungho said:

ok, is a sibling relationship
It has a little romance between the side characters, but is not the focus

I see. Thank you!

aaaaa character limit
Feb 19, 2016 9:54 AM

Apr 2011
Would Fate/stay night: UBW work for the non human character and non Japanese character categories (Saber for the latter and Saber and Archer for the former)?
Feb 19, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2014
KMH said:
Would Fate/stay night: UBW work for the non human character and non Japanese character categories (Saber for the latter and Saber and Archer for the former)?
Saber would definitely work. What is Archer if he isn't human? Also, are you planning on using the prologue or the second season for the second character? (you're not allowed using one anime for two challenges)
Feb 19, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2014
can someone give me a recommendation for Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant?
Feb 19, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
KMH said:
Saber would definitely work. What is Archer if he isn't human? Also, are you planning on using the prologue or the second season for the second character? (you're not allowed using one anime for two challenges)

Archer is a Heroic Spirit/Guardian, he was human but isn't anymore, that's my logic. That's also why I asked about Saber, she was a non Japanese human before. And I planned on using the first and second season of UBW, since they're two separate entries.
Feb 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Apr 2015
aliciarae said:
can someone give me a recommendation for Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant?

Are you looking for something specific? If not, I recommend Toradora! :)
Feb 19, 2016 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
KMH said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Archer is a Heroic Spirit/Guardian, he was human but isn't anymore, that's my logic. That's also why I asked about Saber, she was a non Japanese human before. And I planned on using the first and second season of UBW, since they're two separate entries.

Yeah it works. Use Saber for one and Archer for the other, and use the seperate seasons.
Feb 19, 2016 2:58 PM

Sep 2014
I'm thinking about using the currently running Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for the "Watch an anime about food, music or art" challenge. I would personally call Rakugo a form of art but I wanted a more general opinion on this. Would you let it count or not?
Feb 19, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
@Miragee I'm using it for that same challenge. It's definitely performance art. Also there's a bit where he's a regular actor.
Feb 20, 2016 12:46 AM

Sep 2014
AudioTsunami said:
@Miragee I'm using it for that same challenge. It's definitely performance art. Also there's a bit where he's a regular actor.

Alright, great! Thank you very much!
Feb 20, 2016 1:26 AM

Mar 2013
@Miragee No problem, bud. I can't even imagine an argument against it being considered an anime that isn't about art.
Feb 20, 2016 9:22 PM

Jul 2009
For "watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships", would Rokka no Yuusha work? My friend told me that

Just wanna be sure, as I'm getting close to being done the challenge and I don't wanna face having any issues with it once I turn it in.
Feb 20, 2016 9:29 PM

Oct 2014
Talim said:
For "watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships", would Rokka no Yuusha work? My friend told me that

Just wanna be sure, as I'm getting close to being done the challenge and I don't wanna face having any issues with it once I turn it in.
The point is that the focus is on non-romantic relationships. Most slice of life and sports anime fall into this category. A confession at the end won't change that if that relationship was not the focus of the anime. Similarly an anime like Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is still a romance anime even though her confession never got through to him.
Feb 20, 2016 9:32 PM

Jul 2009
zombie_pegasus said:
Talim said:

The point is that the focus is on non-romantic relationships. Most slice of life and sports anime fall into this category. A confession at the end won't change that if that relationship was not the focus of the anime. Similarly an anime like Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is still a romance anime even though her confession never got through to him.
Yeah, so far it doesn't seem to be the focus. I'm only 3 episodes in, but yeah. So you think it should be okay then?
Feb 20, 2016 9:49 PM

Oct 2014
Talim said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Yeah, so far it doesn't seem to be the focus. I'm only 3 episodes in, but yeah. So you think it should be okay then?
I think it should be okay. The wording of the challenge doesn't say there can't be any romance.
Feb 20, 2016 10:10 PM

Jul 2009
zombie_pegasus said:
Talim said:
I think it should be okay. The wording of the challenge doesn't say there can't be any romance.
Oh, okay, cool.. Thanks a bunch!! :D
Feb 21, 2016 7:42 AM

Jan 2015
Could I get a recommendation? Anything 1-2 cours that has action in it. Thanks!
Feb 21, 2016 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
Pkfire0 said:
Could I get a recommendation? Anything 1-2 cours that has action in it. Thanks!

From your PTW I would really recommend Parasyte. Gate is also good, if you feel like going for fantasy more than alien invasion.
Feb 21, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2015
what if i watch movie few days ago but i started the challenge today, it is valid to be used as challenge entry?
Feb 21, 2016 8:43 AM

Aug 2008
HollowPointX said:
what if i watch movie few days ago but i started the challenge today, it is valid to be used as challenge entry?

Yes as long as you watched it in 2016 it can be used as a challenge entry.
Feb 21, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2015
jstn18 said:
HollowPointX said:

Yes as long as you watched it in 2016 it can be used as a challenge entry.

ok thanks for the clarification good sir :D
Feb 22, 2016 12:10 AM

Sep 2010
» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese

Would I be able to use a fantasy anime for this? As in something where all the characters are from a fictional land? Or should I just stick with anime that take place in the real world?
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Feb 22, 2016 3:32 AM

Oct 2011
For three-cours anime can I watch 34 episodes of Fairy Tail(2014)? I started watching it in 2014 but on-hold series after 18 episodes. So if I'll watch 34 episodes in this year will it count?

Also "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" maybe a movie?
Feb 22, 2016 4:52 AM

Sep 2014
Shiro_Usagi said:
For three-cours anime can I watch 34 episodes of Fairy Tail(2014)? I started watching it in 2014 but on-hold series after 18 episodes. So if I'll watch 34 episodes in this year will it count?

Also "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" maybe a movie?

No. I guess it would count if you started watching it in 2016 _and_ be up-to-date by the end of the year. The reasons are the following:

- you have to start the show in 2016
- you have to finish the show
- if the show doesn't end in 2016 then you have to have watched everything including the newest episode
Feb 22, 2016 4:55 AM

Jul 2014
Shiro_Usagi said:
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Ghost in the Shell
Akira
Metropolis
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä
Hotaru no Haka
Tenshi no Tamago

Pick one :-P
Feb 22, 2016 5:31 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
DarkFaerie said:
» Watch an anime with a main character that is not Japanese

Would I be able to use a fantasy anime for this? As in something where all the characters are from a fictional land? Or should I just stick with anime that take place in the real world?

As long as they are humans it's okay.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 22, 2016 6:00 AM

Oct 2011
I've a rather silly question.
For the "Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field" section, does Hunter (from Hunter x Hunter) count as a profession???
Feb 22, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2015
Tendon_Unajuu said:
I've a rather silly question.
For the "Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field" section, does Hunter (from Hunter x Hunter) count as a profession???

It counts; Hunters receive jobs with good payment by working as bodyguards or fighters. At least, that's what it looks to me.

Also, can someone help me by recommending an anime to me?
A 1-cour series is fine, by the way.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 19 minutes ago

2 by TheMechaManiac »»
49 seconds ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

61 by Noelle43 »»
2 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

101 by FFandMMfan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

29 by YN_ON »»
9 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

19 by Zimzky »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.