Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2016 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
But isn't that the reason why God made man? So he can be worshipped and loved right? If so why did God create me, since I'm an accident?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Nov 2013
I've come to believe I am God and I limited myself out of boredom.

You are simple entertainment.
Jan 5, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
Incoming flamewar :D
I'm gonna give the obligatory "God does not exist", just for the sake of it.
Jan 5, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2015
why would an almighty god care about you or me?

Jan 5, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
I guess he just got lonely. If it was only for worship then I've been playing hooky for a long time now.
Jan 5, 2016 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
To think that he's watching me play cod drunk now is hilarious
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jan 5, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2013
God is within you...............................
Jan 5, 2016 1:16 PM

Nov 2015
Motivated by loneliness? If there is a God I sure hope that's not true. I'd hate to find out the all powerful creator of mankind is pretty much on the same level as those guys who create their own waifu out of pillows and duct tape.
Jan 5, 2016 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
NasalShark said:
Motivated by loneliness? If there is a God I sure hope that's not true. I'd hate to find out the all powerful creator of mankind is pretty much on the same level as those guys who create their own waifu out of pillows and duct tape.

This reminds me of this video
Jan 5, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2015
inb4 edgy "gods not real" fedorarian.
Status_EffectJan 5, 2016 2:13 PM
Jan 5, 2016 2:27 PM

Feb 2014
If God is almighty, why can't he make himself worshipped without having humans to do it?

If humans are the only way God can be worshipped, then that means God has no power to have himself worshipped without humans, meaning he is not almighty and not a god.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
Jan 5, 2016 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
Toasty_One said:
inb4 edgy "gods not real" fedorarian.

Too late for that.

FrozenWhiskers said:
No, if he created us to adore him, we wouldn't have the choice of believe or not in him.

Pretty concisely put.

It is mentioned that if he wanted, he could make the very stones praise him in humanity's place.
RedRoseFringJan 5, 2016 2:41 PM
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 5, 2016 2:41 PM

Dec 2015
God just likes to troll you.

Jan 5, 2016 2:48 PM

May 2013
I'd say the opposite is true.
Anyway, I wish we could all stop making threads about God
Jan 5, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
khunter said:

Right after all the loli threads get banished.

Aka never gonna happen mang
Jan 5, 2016 2:58 PM

Jan 2015
Pls there is no God.

Why?

Because if there was one I damn sure wouldn't be stuck in this 3D world without my waifus.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 5, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2014
We are god, we just don't see it because we've succum to materialism.

A baby laughs and cries as it's born because it is a way for the universe to perceive itself. We are all one being, one god in the eternal now.

Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Jan 5, 2016 3:02 PM

Jun 2015
hoopla123 said:
khunter said:

Right after all the loli threads get banished.

Aka never gonna happen mang

the fapping threads at AD are about to be banished as well
Jan 5, 2016 3:45 PM

Mar 2012
Dr_Mantis said:

A baby laughs and cries as it's born because it is a way for the universe to perceive itself. We are all one being, one god in the eternal now.

I don't know what bothers me more, militant atheism or lsd pantheism
Mayuka said:

did you call

holier than thou bitch right here

last.fm

Jan 5, 2016 3:48 PM

Mar 2008
Which concept of god are you talking about?

truisms said:
Dr_Mantis said:

Alan Watts is awesome though.
Jan 5, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2014
That's impossible

He doesn't even exist
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 5, 2016 4:39 PM

Mar 2008
Comic_Sans said:
That's impossible

He doesn't even exist

But he does. He exists inside my pants
Jan 5, 2016 4:47 PM

May 2014
I only wanna believe it if God is a babe
Jan 5, 2016 4:50 PM

Mar 2015
No, God never struck me as a Narcissist.
Jan 5, 2016 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Emberoth said:
No, God never struck me as a Narcissist.

In Abrahamic religions he is a yandere. "Love me and only me as a god or you're going to burn!"
Jan 5, 2016 5:42 PM

Apr 2014
truisms said:
Dr_Mantis said:

[img]http://maverickphilosopher.typepad.com/.a/6a010535ce1cf6970c01a73df6867a970d-pi[/ig]

Lmao, who knows what the originators of all religions were taking.

As long as we've got baffoons today who insist on using the word edgy, we can have any hippy give his opinions on life and demand it to be treated as equal.
Trance said:
Jan 5, 2016 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
I love you for your originality mang... are you perhaps god? if so why did you let the world got tooo shit burrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??????????????? hhhhhhhhhhhhhuhhhhhhhhhhhhh?? I DON'T GET SIMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CONCEPTS MAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN TELLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEE BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

pls op/god
Jan 5, 2016 5:53 PM

Feb 2015
Nope, he made the world vague and uncertain so we cannot find the truth behind it all. It's just the jews who ought to worship him so they can be saved. God loves chaos. He won't let the world go at peace.
Jan 5, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Dr_Mantis said:
truisms said:

As long as we've got baffoons today who insist on using the word edgy, we can have any hippy give his opinions on life and demand it to be treated as equal.
pantheism has nothing to do with most religions
and your second sentence......... does not make sense
Mayuka said:

did you call

last.fm

Jan 5, 2016 6:08 PM

Apr 2014
truisms said:
Dr_Mantis said:

A statement about god then, and what god is.

And since people today are against atheism so much you can talk about or create anything like lsd pantheism. (In this thread, of course the philosophy is old already. But it's funny to post anything you find knowing it's just as possible as any other theory).
Dick_DawkinsJan 5, 2016 6:25 PM
Trance said:
Jan 5, 2016 6:50 PM

Mar 2012
Dr_Mantis said:
truisms said:
A statement about god then, and what god is.

And since people today are against atheism so much you can talk about or create anything like lsd pantheism. (In this thread, of course the philosophy is old already. But it's funny to post anything you find knowing it's just as possible as any other theory).

??? lsd pantheism referring to the belief that the universe in itself constitutes divinity and we are the manifestations of the universe perceiving oneself illustrated with quotes by dudes that look like they invented lsd i.e. your original post

i'm having a really difficult time understanding your train of thought in the second paragraph. are you saying that as long as people make fun of atheists ("baffoons using the word edgy" meaning people who describe atheists as edgy?) hippies with stupid points of view like lsd pantheism will exist? i dunno what logic your thought is following.
Mayuka said:

did you call

last.fm

Jan 5, 2016 7:10 PM

Mar 2008
truisms said:

??? lsd pantheism referring to the belief that the universe in itself constitutes divinity and we are the manifestations of the universe perceiving oneself illustrated with quotes by dudes that look like they invented lsd i.e. your original post

i'm having a really difficult time understanding your train of thought in the second paragraph. are you saying that as long as people make fun of atheists ("baffoons using the word edgy" meaning people who describe atheists as edgy?) hippies with stupid points of view like lsd pantheism will exist? i dunno what logic your thought is following.

You failed to explain why its stupid. Also Alan Watts picked from various religions.
Jan 5, 2016 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
traed said:
truisms said:

You failed to explain why its stupid. Also Alan Watts picked from various religions.
i'm not arguing that it's stupid. it's just corny and meaningless. i give 0 fucks about alan watts, i know nothing about him save a cursory google search. he just has a classic 'we are the universe experiencing itself subjectively.. we are made of the dust of dead star's floating through the beuaty of the night sky.. isnt it beautiful" beard
Mayuka said:

did you call

last.fm

Jan 5, 2016 8:34 PM

Aug 2015
Religion in a Anime chatting site .
Oh goah
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 9:30 PM

Jan 2016
If so then what a selfish being.

I shall make you! Now adore me person -kun!
Yes god-sama!
Shizaya-OrijimaJan 5, 2016 9:30 PM
Oh god! A giant Glameow!!~

Courtesy of Relinquish-san and Kurome-san the pokemon breeders!
Jan 5, 2016 10:00 PM

Mar 2008
truisms said:
i'm not arguing that it's stupid. it's just corny and meaningless. i give 0 fucks about alan watts, i know nothing about him save a cursory google search. he just has a classic 'we are the universe experiencing itself subjectively.. we are made of the dust of dead star's floating through the beuaty of the night sky.. isnt it beautiful" beard
If you don't know about him how can you assume you for sure know what he means?
Jan 5, 2016 10:02 PM

Nov 2015
Wow! Didn't see that coming! Actually i like your thinking ;)
Jan 5, 2016 10:03 PM

Dec 2014
Interesting question
it's a shame I don't know kek
Jan 5, 2016 11:00 PM

Oct 2015
Assuming he exists(i hope not cause id ont want to be ruled by a narcissistic yandere) then yes, we are nothing but toys to it. And if he deems us "broken", he throws us a away. But if we managed to please him, than we'll be played by him until we break.
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Jan 5, 2016 11:11 PM

Oct 2013
Not really.

I refer you to Dante's Purgatory

deadright said:
Religion in a Anime chatting site .
Oh goah
do not talk unless you can improve the silence
Jan 5, 2016 11:31 PM

Jan 2014
truisms said:
traed said:

Those kinds of statements always make me chuckle. Such poor attempts at coming across as deep.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 5, 2016 11:38 PM

Jul 2014
Well, that's bleak way of looking at it. Yet the bible does have a number of verses on how we are to worship God and the whole bit about false gods and idols, so that could be the correct way of thinking about it.

KINGUBERMENSCH said:
Assuming he exists(i hope not cause id ont want to be ruled by a narcissistic yandere) then yes, we are nothing but toys to it. And if he deems us "broken", he throws us a away. But if we managed to please him, than we'll be played by him until we break.
He makes a lot of "broken" people, but we feel the need to keep them around, however that's a discussion for another day.
Jan 5, 2016 11:41 PM

Mar 2008
RedRoseFring said:
Those kinds of statements always make me chuckle. Such poor attempts at coming across as deep.

Says the Christian who believes that the holy spirit is within all of us and that we are all children of god. Its not much different.
Jan 5, 2016 11:56 PM

Oct 2014
If that was the case then he wouldn't have given flaws to humans and a book telling them to kill the people with said flaws. He created people to test his power as a god.
Jan 6, 2016 12:09 AM

Apr 2014
RedRoseFring said:
truisms said:

You couldn't come close to making his theories look foolish so put your ego aside.

Christians are all arrogant at heart as proven with your comment.

And truisms you must see what goes on around you. You're willing to see certain outlooks on life as new age and absurd, yet willing to entertain monotheism. Yeah like one is more logical then the other lmao! I actually hate how people treat atheism and how we automatically give more respect to monotheistic outlooks on life.
Dick_DawkinsJan 6, 2016 6:15 AM
Trance said:
Jan 6, 2016 12:23 AM

Nov 2015
truisms said:
he just has a classic 'we are the universe experiencing itself subjectively.. we are made of the dust of dead star's floating through the beuaty of the night sky.. isnt it beautiful" beard

That's beautiful. Kind of gave unconscious a whole new meaning.
Jan 6, 2016 12:39 AM

Dec 2009
God is good and can only do good. He created us because it was good.

Says so in the Bible (Gen 1:31).
Jan 6, 2016 1:32 AM

May 2013
traed said:
Comic_Sans said:
That's impossible

He doesn't even exist

But he does. He exists inside my pants

I've seen it
It has a thick white beard
Jan 6, 2016 3:31 AM

Mar 2015
Why don't you believe in God, and then ask him yourself? Your doubts will be cleared when you become faithful to him till the end.
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Jan 6, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2016
Oh I'm sorry you didn't know? .

There is no God
“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.”
― Ed Sheeran
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

6 by cotetowemixx »»
12 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 2 hours ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
1 hour ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - 1 hour ago

0 by Enderobot »»
1 hour ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 10 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.