Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 4, 2016 12:24 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Aquarius is back, she certainly has nice timing. :D So is it finally time for some backstory on Brandish through her mother, and Lucy's? Wahl and Dimaria are no pushovers either, that Kagura strip! :D
animefan8800Jan 4, 2016 12:27 AM
Jan 4, 2016 12:47 AM

Oct 2015
Is the chapter out? can't find it anywhere (aside from the spoilers that have been around for 10 days now)
Jan 4, 2016 2:52 AM

Dec 2013
Aquarius returning was random. Mixed feelings right now but I want to wait a week for an explanation. Hopefully it's half decent.

Brandish getting saved off screen was pretty jarring.

Cool hearing Brandish's explanation but a lot of explaining needs to be done.
Jan 4, 2016 3:29 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Meh, kinda lame that she came back after she died.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jan 4, 2016 3:34 AM

Jan 2012
Jicetus said:
Meh, kinda lame that she came back after she died.

Well she never actually died. Still, if she can see Lucy whenever there's a puddle of whatever her earlier sacrifice will lose much of its weight.
Jan 4, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2014
Aquarius is back. I wonder how since her key is broken.
Jan 4, 2016 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
I'll wait for next week to see the whole Aquarius thing. Mashima did mention in vol 45 that he likes to think that Lucy and Aquarius won't be separated for long.
Jan 4, 2016 3:46 AM

Jan 2015
Why is it that dead people never stay dead?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 4, 2016 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
bobzanny said:

She wasn't dead to begin with.
Jan 4, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2011
metsujin said:
bobzanny said:

Yeah she is not dead.She did just like Leo that could open his door by himself.
Jan 4, 2016 4:02 AM

Mar 2011
The spoilers did prep me up for such a bad chapter. Deja vu all over again with the Goat's story. "OMG we are finally going to learn something about Layla"
"Nope, just some random bull shit story". Obvious lie is obvious. Brandish is feeling sorry for Lucy despite the fact that she is a Spriggan 12.Did you climb that ladder of success and became an army's general without killing anyone? NOW that you have a personal vendetta you shed tears of remorse? Forced "bad character turns out to be good" cliche. And Lucy is just an idiot for going along with her terms.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Jan 4, 2016 4:03 AM
Nov 2015
So the spoilers were right, after all.

Not much happening this chapter except for Brandish's reveal but Layla killing Grammy is doubtful - Aquarius might say something about thisl. Also, Dimaria seems to be pretty powerful since even people far away felt her magical pressure. Also, her obsession with Brandish lol. I think she is my favourite girl in Fairy Tail now :p.

Also, for people complaining about Aquarius's return, remember that she didn't die, only her key was broken. We still need an explanation to how she returned, though.
Jan 4, 2016 4:17 AM

Oct 2011
Best part of the chapter was how everyone is shocked about Dimaria's magical power, this is the 2nd time that a Spriggan magical power alone makes everyone tremble in fear.

I'M SO FUCKING HYPED FOR THEM, HOLY SHIT.
Jan 4, 2016 4:46 AM
Mar 2015
Chaos_Harbinger said:
So the spoilers were right, after all. <br />
<br />
Not much happening this chapter except for Brandish&#039;s reveal but Layla killing Grammy is doubtful - Aquarius might say something about thisl. Also, Dimaria seems to be pretty powerful since even people far away felt her magical pressure. Also, her obsession with Brandish lol. I think she is my favourite girl in Fairy Tail now :p.<br />
<br />
Also, for people complaining about Aquarius&#039;s return, remember that she didn&#039;t die, only her key was broken. We still need an explanation to how she returned, though.

She said that she would never see lucy again, but we all knew that was a lie, since lucy is allowed to the other realm anyway
But the whole sacrifice things looks stupid now BECASUE it was fake, besides we all know that Aquarius form would be her most powerful so she needs it, lol and it makes juvia redundant too
Jan 4, 2016 4:51 AM
Dec 2015
I think that somehow Layla is involved in Grammy's death atleast not intentionally and I speculate that Layla might have tried to collect all her keys back to open the Eclipse gate for Igneel and others to come. So I think Natsu's and Lucy's pasts are connected.......
JUST MY THOUGHTS....
Its all upto Mashima Hiro now!!!
Jan 4, 2016 4:57 AM

Jun 2013
Maybe the CSK let Aquarius to go to Lucy.
Jan 4, 2016 5:00 AM
Oct 2013
metsujin said:
bobzanny said:

The author of the previous post phrased that poorly, however the essence of this chapter is a consequnce (Aquarius being gone) being reverted out of nowhere.

Therefore diminishing the sacrifice that was required before for the power up Lucy aquired during Tartaros and removing any of the tension created through the loss of Aquarius as well as any sadness/drama connected to this incident.

It´s literally the same situation with One Piece or Fairy Tail characters that are proclaimed to be dead and come back (because they weren´t dead to begin with lulz).
IsterioJan 4, 2016 5:05 AM
Jan 4, 2016 5:00 AM

Oct 2014
I don't like Lucy at all but the fact Aquarius returned (despite not being dead) makes that entire scene during the Tartaros Arc much less beneficial.

Also, the keys really do just serve as a way for the Celestial Spirit user to summon the assigned spirit(s). Even if one were to break, snap or crack, the spirit can still come through themselves.

I have no doubt the key will be fixed after all this is resolved and Aquarius will end up being a little different to the rest of the spirits or something.

More Brandish is nice, hope she joins FT.
ETXJan 4, 2016 5:05 AM

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jan 4, 2016 5:03 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
metsujin said:
<br />
She wasn&#039;t dead to begin with.
<br />
<br />
The author of the previous post phrased that poorly, however the essence of this chapter is a consequnce (Aquarius being gone) being reverted out of nowhere.<br />
<br />
Therefore diminishing the sacrifice that was required before for the power up Lucy aquired during Tartaros and removing any of the tension created through the loss of Aquarius as well as any sadness/drama connected to this incident.

Everything depends on how Hiro will explain her return. There are some explanations that can make this good. So I'll wait.
Jan 4, 2016 5:25 AM

Apr 2011
Aquarius is back!

Jan 4, 2016 5:30 AM

Jan 2015
Nice chapter... kind of. I don't mind Aquarius coming back simply because I knew during the Tartaros arc that the sacrifice wasn't going to be permanent; there's no way Mashima wasn't going to bring Aquarius back. It's kind of lame but I expected it so meh.
Other than that, Aquarius has never been too caring towards Lucy so somehow that last page makes me feel nice; good to know she does care.
Also, Lucy shouldn't have accepted Brandish's conditions and Cana shouldn't have just run off like that. Couldn't she at least stay close to the door or something. "Yell if you need help," she says. Sure...
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jan 4, 2016 5:46 AM
Sep 2012
Well first of all Kagura vs Dimarie awesome, shows what a different class those Spriggan, but I guess this is when Erza shows up, and did that Beth die? I assume Kagura stopped that attack in time, but I am not sure.

So we learn more about Brandish and all, and she looks so cute when she was a kid, but if what she said is true that Layla killed her mother, I would be pissed off to, though it is likely just a misunderstanding, maybe Zeref lied to her just to get her on his side, or someone else.

Lucy can be a bit naive, but most of the time she can tell who has a good soul, so I trust her judgement, but it is going to take a lot to get the good out of Brandish.

In the end, Aquarius is back, you know what Brandish should be thankful her mother didn't get that key, Aquarius can be a handful. Maybe she knows the truth of what happened. Can't wait till the next chapter.
Jan 4, 2016 6:46 AM

Jul 2012
So before more friendship-powerup-bullshit "plot" kinda refreshing chapter with Aquarius return. Liked her interactions with Lucy so glad to see her again (it was probably obv but still).
Jan 4, 2016 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
Can't say I'm too surprised by Aquarius' return tbh.

Poor Kagura, I was hoping she put up a better fight this chapter as well.
Jan 4, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2007
Can't wait till all the dragons randomly revive to save Natsu :^)
And while we are at it, Simon will come to save Erza :^)

1/5
AhenshihaelJan 4, 2016 7:20 AM
Jan 4, 2016 7:18 AM
Nov 2015
Lol Mashima just ruined the only good Lucy moment in the entire series haha.

Here I thought Fairy Tail would be getting good again but I forgot, after a Fairy Tail arc reaches its midway point it only gets worse and worse.
Jan 4, 2016 7:19 AM

Jul 2007
bastf said:
Lol Mashima just ruined the only good Lucy moment in the entire series haha.

Who needs character development when you can have Lucy take a bath. Maybe next time with bunny ears :^)
Jan 4, 2016 7:23 AM
Nov 2015
Fai said:

Who needs character development when you can have Lucy take a bath. Maybe next time with bunny ears :^)

True. Because that`s really the only thing Lucy is good at.
Jan 4, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2008
This chapter was not worth the wait at all
Jan 4, 2016 7:40 AM

Jul 2015
Where the fuck did Aquarius pop out from? Aquarium?
Jan 4, 2016 7:49 AM

Mar 2013
Aquarius came back way too soon! Sort of disappointed, hopefully we get a really good explanation next chapter about what's going on.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 4, 2016 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
bastf said:
Fai said:
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
True. Because that`s really the only thing Lucy is good at.

Your attempt at Lucy bashing is pretty poor

On topic this chapter was meh
Jan 4, 2016 7:57 AM
May 2015
Aquarius coming back was a bad move.. Not sure why Hiro forces this instead of taking a more logical route. He could've easily had any member come back to get Brandish off Lucy under the premise of not wanting to leave Lucy alone with a Spriggan who obviously has animosity towards her

The story isn't flowing well now because everything is being shown in barely 20 pages.. If this keeps happening Tartaros and Phantom Lord will remain imo the best arcs on the series. As much growth Lucy has taken this timeskip she's still too kind hearted.. She has to stop
Jan 4, 2016 7:57 AM

Jul 2014
Best girl Brandish was crying.

I felt sad for her.

That's about it.

2/5
"Hi!"
Jan 4, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
Trentor11 said:

The story isn't flowing well now because everything is being shown in barely 20 pages.. If this keeps happening Tartaros and Phantom Lord will remain imo the best arcs on the series.

Everything past Tartaros feels poorly thought out and forced as if most of this was never planned.
As much growth Lucy has taken this timeskip she's still too kind hearted.. She has to stop

I'd argue that this chapter managed to actually make her development null and void.
Jan 4, 2016 8:14 AM
Nov 2015
TheGrandSage23 said:

You say my "attempt" is poor when you have nothing to say in defense.
You can close your eyes and imagine things but the fact is that Lucy is just Mashimas fanservice girl. That`s all she really is. Oh and she can cry for Natsu.

And now the only good moment she had has been ruined. I am not bashing her. I am simply describing how Mashima treats her.

Probably the worst main character in any shonen.

On another note, now I hope the dragons come back as well.
Jan 4, 2016 8:16 AM

Apr 2008
bastf said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

You can close your eyes and imagine things but the fact is that Lucy is just Mashimas fanservice girl. That`s all she really is. Oh and she can cry for Natsu.

And now the only good moment she had has been ruined. I am not bashing her. I am simply describing how Mashima treats her.

Saying she's the worst? Hahahaha no you are definitely bashing and your very existence on this site seems to be solely towards that purpose given your 4 posts
Jan 4, 2016 8:20 AM

Jun 2013
bastf said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Not really she had good moments prior to this, she helped Loki, she and Juvia defeated an enemy, she also defeated Bixlow (with Loki, but that's her magic so yeah). And she is not the worst character in any shounen, you can't come close to some characters like Orihime or Sakura. I do agree that main females in shounen are not treated so well... except for Magi, but maybe that's because the story is written by a woman? Who knows.
Jan 4, 2016 8:37 AM

Mar 2015
aquarius return is just plain bullshit and make every lucy moment in tartaros arc fell ignored. hope author can explain it, but it's still unnecessary for me.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 4, 2016 8:38 AM
May 2015
metsujin said:
bastf said:
<br />
<br />
You say my &quot;attempt&quot; is poor when you have nothing to say in defense. <br />
You can close your eyes and imagine things but the fact is that Lucy is just Mashimas fanservice girl. That`s all she really is. Oh and she can cry for Natsu.<br />
<br />
And now the only good moment she had has been ruined. I am not bashing her. I am simply describing how Mashima treats her.<br />
<br />
Probably the worst main character in any shonen.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Not really she had good moments prior to this, she helped Loki, she and Juvia defeated an enemy, she also defeated Bixlow (with Loki, but that&#039;s her magic so yeah). And she is not the worst character in any shounen, you can&#039;t come close to some characters like Orihime or Sakura. I do agree that main females in shounen are not treated so well... except for Magi, but maybe that&#039;s because the story is written by a woman? Who knows.

Lucy has actual character depth and growth.. So no she's objectively not the worst character in shonen. She has arguably been the most improved character since the first timeskip.. The only other argument would be Gray
Jan 4, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2009
metsujin said:
bastf said:

Not really she had good moments prior to this, she helped Loki, she and Juvia defeated an enemy, she also defeated Bixlow (with Loki, but that's her magic so yeah). And she is not the worst character in any shounen, you can't come close to some characters like Orihime or Sakura. I do agree that main females in shounen are not treated so well... except for Magi, but maybe that's because the story is written by a woman? Who knows.

Fairy Tail is one of the few current on going shounen to treat its female characters as well as its males for the most part. I mean people constantly bitch about Erza being OP and over coming everything. Wendy went from being a non fighting healer to a badass Dragon Slayer that can go into Dragon Force at will and even defeated one of the Nine Demon Gates alone. Lucy's development is the only one that has wavered honestly, and it feels like its because Mashima is stalling because of whatever she will fine out about Layla and her past.
Jan 4, 2016 8:46 AM

Jul 2014
Wow.

Grey is one of the most complex and interesting characters in this entire franchise tbh.
"Hi!"
Jan 4, 2016 8:49 AM
Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:

Saying she's the worst? Hahahaha no you are definitely bashing and your very existence on this site seems to be solely towards that purpose given your 4 posts

If you want to call that bashing so be it. But she simply deserves it.
So you judge my "existence on this site" by my first 4 post. Really?

And yes she had some decent moments prior but so did Sakura. And yes she is on the same level as Sakura. One author has no clue about his female character, the other abuses them as living fanservice toys.

One thing I give her though another poster mentioned. Mashima does give the female and male characters almost the same amount of screentime.
Jan 4, 2016 8:52 AM

Apr 2008
bastf said:
Darklight0303 said:

If you want to call that bashing so be it. But she simply deserves it.
So you judge my "existence on this site" by my first 4 post. Really?

And yes she had some decent moments prior but so did Sakura. And yes she is on the same level as Sakura. One author has no clue about his female character, the other abuses them as living fanservice toys.

One thing I give her though another poster mentioned. Mashima does give the female and male characters almost the same amount of screentime.

I judge your existence because the few posts you do have are only based on bashing Lucy. Typical sign of a troll and hater. Try posting around in other series and maybe you'll fool people into thinking you have any kind of of argument to stand on
Jan 4, 2016 8:56 AM
Nov 2015
Darklight0303 said:

I judge your existence because the few posts you do have are only based on bashing Lucy. Typical sign of a troll and hater. Try posting around in other series and maybe you'll fool people into thinking you have any kind of of argument to stand on

Or perhaps I am rather bashing the way Mashima treats Lucy? But it seems everything you don`t agree with you see as "troll" and "hating" That`s a pretty simple minded way don`t you think? How about you actually try to read and understand why I am "hating" ?

Oh you won´t do that because you only accept love and positivity for your series right?
It must be easy to judge someone with that mindset.
Jan 4, 2016 9:20 AM
Jul 2015
Oh my this went downhill when aquarius appeared ar the end, this is one of the reasons why fairytail is one of the most hated anime/manga these days.
Jan 4, 2016 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Zeref_Dragneel15 said:
Oh my this went downhill when aquarius appeared ar the end, this is one of the reasons why fairytail is one of the most hated anime/manga these days.

How is that? When other series bring back characters that are 'dead' (and Aquarius was not dead to begin with) it's okay, but when FT does it, BS BS BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Jan 4, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2014
metsujin said:
Zeref_Dragneel15 said:

How is that? When other series bring back characters that are 'dead' (and Aquarius was not dead to begin with) it's okay, but when FT does it, BS BS BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I've never seen it be okay in other series. Everyone called bs on Pell and Bleach got loads of flak when characters thought to be dead came back. You can't really play the victim card with FT on this one.
Jan 4, 2016 9:53 AM

Jun 2013
AllenNoah said:
metsujin said:

I've never seen it be okay in other series. Everyone called bs on Pell and Bleach got loads of flak when characters thought to be dead came back. You can't really play the victim card with FT on this one.

People forget about Pel, some of them do, anyway. But this situation is different since she was not dead, and if we get a good explanation to this, than it's okay, if not total BS, but it all depends on how the explanation will go. Stuff like 'The CSK let me" or smth, he is the boss so he can do whatever he likes. Or Aquarius can open the gate on her own like Loki did, tho why didn't she do it sooner? Maybe it's a 1 time deal or something idk. Lucy's bond with the spirits is very strong so who knows. If the explanation is good, than I accept this, if not yeah as I said BS.
Jan 4, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2014
Those foot soldiers should be stronger than that for real.
Layla must have a reason for killing Gammy. Purpose: G will use the keys for evil deeds so L must've dealt with her somehow.
Nice grappling exchange there but not as good as T-City in 195, T-City was slick and smooth.

Aqua baby showing up.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.