Forum Settings
Forums

What's been the primary focus of your life so far?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Poll: What's been the primary focus of your life so far?

Jan 3, 2016 1:30 AM

What's been the main/primary focus of your life so far, and why?
How did you "discover" or decide on what primarily to focus on, and why?
Has your focus changed throughout the years, and/or do you have more than one main focus in life?
Do you have any primary focus on improving one aspect about yourself or your life?

Converse.

"If ever you fall, I'll be there"- Floor

"I have a dream: a dream that, one day,
chickens can cross roads without
having their motives questioned."
- Chicken rights activist

"I love Matt! ๐Ÿ’—." - Me

Jan 3, 2016 1:33 AM

Everything that I do revolves around cars, how to acquire a certain car, and pretty much working to buy the car that I want. I'll be the first person in my graduating class to own an exotic car (I hope to have one before I turn 25) and I'll have the most interesting garage. My daily driver won't be much (my current 2000 Maxima 5-speed manual) but it's what I park in the garage that matters.

Only problem with cool cars is the negative attention they get. Thank my older brother for being the guinea pig.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.

Jan 3, 2016 1:35 AM

Thank you for the waifu harem option OP.

TBH other than ^, nothing much really. I guess you could say education since I'm still a student.

Jan 3, 2016 1:37 AM

primary focus of life:
that changes according to season. during summer/winter, it'd be social life, friends, love life. during spring/autumn when school's in session, education. but my dream/career has always been on the back of my mind as the one thing that i must absolutely achieve in my life.
discovery:
i just always knew what i wanted to do with my life. as early as 12 years old i think.
change of focus:
i definitely shifted from education to social life in the past year or so, but the dream/career thing has always been constant.
improving:
imo self-improvement should always be sought after, as a natural part of aging/growing. by learning from mistakes, you just do it naturally. forcing it is a bit too far, unless you're hell of an asshole and need to get your act together asap

Jan 3, 2016 1:39 AM

Everything I do is about being the best me I can be. I strive to be happy and do things that make me happy. Finishing school made me happy, so I did it. Being a good mom makes me happy, so I work at that...etc.

Jan 3, 2016 1:40 AM

Education/ Career / Family / Improving myself AND my life for the moment.

After establishing financial stability i will be looking for a SO to settle down.

After that i'l work on my social circle: Friends and all that stuff.

All though i am very lonely atm u~u

Jan 3, 2016 1:41 AM

To hurry up and finish school. Make this internship a permanent career.
Banner credit to @turnip

Jan 3, 2016 1:43 AM

Before, it was hobby/interest.
Now, I guess just education, and finding the right career path for me.

Jan 3, 2016 1:46 AM

Functioning on a day to day basis and, well, not dying.

Jan 3, 2016 1:48 AM

Just trying to be as happy as I possibly can.

Jan 3, 2016 1:48 AM

Eh... no worldy destruction option? :(

Jan 3, 2016 1:54 AM

KonaKoffee4 said:
To hurry up and finish school. Make this internship a permanent career.

Amen brother , amen.
This is my second and FINAL shot on fixing my shit.
Hope we both land our jobs.

Jan 3, 2016 1:57 AM

Anime duh Trying to finish college and land a decent job

Jan 3, 2016 1:58 AM
Free Shrugs

What's been the main/primary focus of your life so far, and why?

Money. And to get it a decent career is what I focus on. I just want to be okay financially, no matter what happens.

How did you "discover" or decide on what primarily to focus on, and why?

Lots of people struggling with the bills.

Has your focus changed throughout the years, and/or do you have more than one main focus in life?

There is more than one.

Do you have any primary focus on improving one aspect about yourself or your life?

One of them could be being more open.

Jan 3, 2016 2:02 AM

Creating.
Most of my life, when not spent in school, has usually been spent creating some type of art, whether it's comics, videos, scripts, cosplays, audio, drawings, games (video games or otherwise), fanfics, animations, dance (lol no), or just like... stories in general.

One day I was asked something on a questionnaire that made me stop and realize that I dedicate most of my time to creating or researching what others have created.

I don't know if that's what you meant. Sorry.;;

Enjoy your anime!

Jan 3, 2016 2:05 AM

I don't think I can even tack down anything specific
I have no idea, iv just been living? I guess?

Jan 3, 2016 2:16 AM

I would have to say self-discovery, but with self-discovery also comes a few of the other options like improving myself and recently my significant other. It all goes into who I am and helps me discover myself and improve.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jan 3, 2016 2:45 AM

Swiggy said:
Creating.
Most of my life, when not spent in school, has usually been spent creating some type of art, whether it's comics, videos, scripts, cosplays, audio, drawings, games (video games or otherwise), fanfics, animations, dance (lol no), or just like... stories in general.

One day I was asked something on a questionnaire that made me stop and realize that I dedicate most of my time to creating or researching what others have created.

I don't know if that's what you meant. Sorry.;;

I've always wished I was more creative. I used to draw when I was younger, but gave it up when I never seemed to be improving, and when it started to lose the enjoyment factor as well.

Yes, I meant any kind of focus you may have in life, and that can be literally anything. It differs from person to person.

Jan 3, 2016 3:34 AM

SnugglyWhuggly said:
I've always wished I was more creative. I used to draw when I was younger, but gave it up when I never seemed to be improving, and when it started to lose the enjoyment factor as well.

Yes, I meant any kind of focus you may have in life, and that can be literally anything. It differs from person to person.
If you want to, it's never too late to try new creative outlets that you might enjoy! You don't even have to be good at what you create (I'm not), as long as you're having fun.

What about your focus though?

Enjoy your anime!

Jan 3, 2016 3:59 AM

Studies and now anime and manga.
That's it.

Jan 3, 2016 4:01 AM

Interesting how 'friend/social circle' and 'family' aren't chosen.

Maybe because for a lot of us, friends and family are always there for us and we don't worry about it :) Their support is always there. All the more reason to treasure them more!

Jan 3, 2016 4:13 AM

I focused on my career because I wanted financial safety no matter what. Also my parents hoped for me to get a job where I don't have to worry about money problems. Because in all honesty even if you have a loving family and a lot of friends, trouble with money can destroy a lot.

So in future I can focus a lot more on social life and hobbys etc.

Jan 3, 2016 4:15 AM

Humankind.

It's fair to say I've strayed far too away.

Jan 3, 2016 4:17 AM

I think the most important thing for me is self-discovery/improvement but ever since I started school, my focus has always been education because I knew I had to study well, find a good job and earn money. Now it has shifted to career. Other than that, it's hobby then family and friends.

Jan 3, 2016 4:58 AM

Reaching the 2k forum posts on MAL really. When I reach it it will go on to 3k and on.

Jan 3, 2016 5:35 AM

Swiggy said:
SnugglyWhuggly said:

If you want to, it's never too late to try new creative outlets that you might enjoy! You don't even have to be good at what you create (I'm not), as long as you're having fun.

What about your focus though?

I'm not too sure if I'd enjoy myself or not, that's the problem. I suppose I won't know unless I try, but I haven't had the urge to yet.

Not sure, I've never really had any goals or set focus in my life to be honest. At the current time, I'd say my main focus is on my significant other, and getting a well paid career to be able to support myself and him.

Jan 3, 2016 5:38 AM

My focus is Survival. That's it. no filler.

Jan 3, 2016 5:42 AM

Improving myself (your vote)
and having fun!

Family and friends are also a big focus.

Jan 3, 2016 7:54 AM

Escape. I got tossed into a really shitty situation a long time ago and now I've gotta climb out of it on my own. Wow that sounds kinda edgy

Jan 3, 2016 8:05 AM

Living up to my ambitions is the main reason I'm still alive. I stopped caring about everything except my ambitions, escapism and my fetishes.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!

Jan 3, 2016 8:14 AM
Personal interests are priority.
Everything else is a nice bonus.

Jan 3, 2016 8:31 AM

Literally just staying alive until I get home from overseas, I really have no ambition for anything on a longer then short-term basis.
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List

Jan 3, 2016 8:45 AM

Career, the number 1 focus for me right now is to go to the us so i can get Pro Wrestling lessons.

Jan 3, 2016 8:50 AM

My education and what college I wold like to attend after graduation.

Jan 3, 2016 8:57 AM

Until this year, my relationship with a SO that went down the drain after 5 years and an engagement. I shall never make the mistake of developing strong attachments again.

Now it's personal development.

Jan 3, 2016 9:23 AM

And not a SINGLE vote so far for family and friends.

What does this say about this specimen of the community i wounder ?

Jan 3, 2016 9:25 AM

Career,myself & S.O are #1
fuckyourkimitm8

Jan 3, 2016 9:55 AM

My life is mostly focused on three things.
First is not making the worst choices in my personal life and maintaining a good relationship with my relatives. Second is finishing my high school education, therefore focusing on studying for my weaker classes (Physics, Math, Chemistry - the unholy trio). Third is after I go home from school. Entertaining myself in a way I can forget about school, which would erase my stress for a little while. So I guess according to the poll options it's family, education and a hobby/interest.

Jan 3, 2016 10:06 AM

Education is my primary focus although I tend to procrastinate very often :P

Jan 3, 2016 10:11 AM
Mahou Shoujo

Education, my partner, career, and self improvement are all things that are very important to me. I have focused on all of them a lot since I turned 18.

Before I turned 18, it was probably education and improving my life.

Jan 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Apart from getting laid, self improvement is high up there.

Working on getting into perfect shape.

Jan 3, 2016 11:07 AM

me myself and I. I don't know if that entails becoming a wage cuck to try and make a fat salary or living off neetbux though. I guess it depends how far to the left the pendulum goes by the time I'm done with highschool.

Jan 3, 2016 12:12 PM
no votes for friends or family. way to represent, mal.

ot: a hobby that is slowly turning into something I can make money off of

Jan 3, 2016 1:20 PM
Chu2Byo

Work, cus I love working where I do and want to get my raise next year if I work hard enough.

Jan 3, 2016 1:28 PM

Writing, and now in general becoming an intellectual.

It's not in the pretentious, being above everyone. Being an intellectual (well, a polymath) means having a lot of skills. Learning makes everything better. Life is a lot more fun, enjoyable and fulfilling when I do stuff.

I wish I was never born, and if I'm already here I'm going to learn, expand my horizons and become something worthwhile.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things

Jan 3, 2016 1:34 PM

If I'm limited to a single option, it would be education. I'm currently in my sixth year of post-secondary and I have two more to go before I finish my current degree. After that, I might end up picking up a Master's degree, which will take another two or so years. Basically, I'll be at least 28 when I finally finish all of my schooling. Hopefully, all these years of school will pay off eventually and I'll be able to focus on other aspects of my life.

Jan 3, 2016 1:35 PM

I chose "Career", but financial security and independence would be more accurate. I don't have a clear picture of what I want to do for the rest of my life and I have no intentions of "climbing the corporate ladder". My focus to this point has been to get a decent paying job that I don't dislike, so that I can maintain my current standard of living, save a little, and have time to think about what's next.

Tachycardic said:
If I'm limited to a single option, it would be education. I'm currently in my sixth year of post-secondary and I have two more to go before I finish my current degree. After that, I might end up picking up a Master's degree, which will take another two or so years. Basically, I'll be at least 28 when I finally finish all of my schooling. Hopefully, all these years of school will pay off eventually and I'll be able to focus on other aspects of my life.
I'll be rooting for you, Tachykins.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh - Makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Jan 3, 2016 2:21 PM

After discovering the meaning of life, I've mostly just been focusing on games to kill time until the space era comes by.

Jan 3, 2016 2:44 PM

Lately it's been education/career and hobbies. Jacking up my resume for grad school (med/dental) and keeping up with school takes up a majority of my time. When I do have free time, I'm usually too tired to do anything so I end up playing guitar/games/watch tv

Jan 3, 2016 2:48 PM

I want to improve to become the best 'Me' I can ever be.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »