Forum Settings
Forums

Have you considered yourself as a psychopath?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2016 2:24 PM

Aug 2012
If you don't count the fact that I love fighting (purely as a martial artist) then no, I'm the farthest thing from a psychopath.

Ironically enough, I'm a pacifist
Jan 5, 2016 1:40 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah I pour my milk then cereal and I use a fork
Jan 5, 2016 6:22 PM

Apr 2014
Henesys said:

That just makes you a retard.

I have to say I'm pretty cold blooded, but there are times when I feel overwhelming empathy. I tend to take a "bird's eye view" of the world.
Jan 5, 2016 8:08 PM

Nov 2015
I would definitely call myself abnormal/crazy but not violent, and I never think about killing people.

there's only 2 times I would kill/harm somebody: in self defense or to protect someone else from harm.
IcyFlamesJan 5, 2016 8:12 PM
Jan 5, 2016 8:10 PM

Jun 2015
Love how people think psychopathy=violent or dangerous. Sasuga mal.
Henesys said:

the milk then cereal is bad enough.... using a fork? Holy shit someone lock this guy up.
Jan 6, 2016 1:35 AM

May 2013
1% of the population are psychopaths so no, I do not think of myself as a psychopath
Jan 6, 2016 1:58 AM
Oct 2014
I feel like if you're worrying that you're a psychopath you're most definitely not a psychopath, just an edgy teenager.
Jan 6, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2015
If you haven't met me.... I am actually a really crazy psychopath.
Jan 6, 2016 5:23 AM

Mar 2015
Yes, though it's only because some people point it out to me. Psychiatrists say I'm not though.
Jan 6, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2015
Maybe. There was one time I punched my hater in her face and push her down and continued lashing out and beating her with all my might after all the bad things did to me and made my high school life miserable until a teacher stopped me. It didn't happen one time but many times. And those were actually just dreams. I think those dreams convey my inner self.
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Jan 6, 2016 3:33 PM

Apr 2009
ImTheJuggernaut said:
Psychopath /ˈsīkəˌpaTH/; a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
that's so wrong lmao

but anyway - no. i pretty much don't have any psychopathic traits + i've always had problems with hyperempathy
so
yeah, not really psychopath material
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jan 7, 2016 12:04 AM

Apr 2015
According to the DSM-V on Antisocial Personality Disorder (aka Psychopath):

http://www.psi.uba.ar/academica/carrerasdegrado/psicologia/sitios_catedras/practicas_profesionales/820_clinica_tr_personalidad_psicosis/material/dsm.pdf

Personally I'd never want to be labeled as a psychopath. It's not funny, it's not cute, and it's not something you brag about. There is nothing remotely fun or romantic about mental illness.

It's easy for people to say 'yeah I'm a psychopath' and joke about having a mental disorder but that only shows you have no idea what such a thing truly implies. If you had such a thing, you'd never want it. For the longest time mental illness was a taboo. You could be institutionalized for anything. Such joking was never to be uttered because it was so feared. We've let go of that fear and now speak easily of such subjects even though we still have such little understanding of them.

As a psychology major, I just don't understand how anyone can take such disorders so lightly when so many are suffering from it, but then such is human nature to make light of things for a great many reasons. In that, at least, I can grasp a sense of understanding.

Personally, I come very close to qualifying as having Antisocial Personality Disorder and I don't say that lightly. Of the criteria, I only disqualify on two counts. Only two and that's not easy to know about yourself. I have to force myself to feel emotion because I simply can't feel it 95% of the time. I can mimic it, but it's rarely genuine. And that's only a small piece of it.

Mental illness is nothing to laugh at. Thankfully, I'm not a psychopath, though I do perfectly fit the criteria of a schizoid to utter perfection. I'm not saying any of this because I want sympathy or because I'm upset. I don't and I'm not. I'm just stating this from a logical perspective as someone who's studied it and can understand the horror of mental illness first hand.
"You babble on about how you want to know, but you're never prepared to handle it. To know means to be prepared to know. Once you find out the truth, there's no going back. You can't ever go back to being the way you were, blissful and unconcerned.'' -Nezumi; No. 6 (Light Novels; Volume 2, Chapter 5)
Jan 7, 2016 12:08 AM

Mar 2015
Not as far as I know, though I've never had it checked.
Jan 7, 2016 12:33 AM

Dec 2013
I'm sort of offended by this. I am a mentally ill person, and I'm not trying to be cool or edgy, I don't care whether you think I'm cool or not. I'm just being honest. Anyways, since when did the kids start to think that being mental ill was a "cool" thing? Was it because your favorite anime character is psychotic, and you want to be exactly like them? Please enlighten me..
Jan 9, 2016 12:15 AM

Dec 2015
Zenosara said:
I'm sort of offended by this. I am a mentally ill person, and I'm not trying to be cool or edgy, I don't care whether you think I'm cool or not. I'm just being honest. Anyways, since when did the kids start to think that being mental ill was a "cool" thing? Was it because your favorite anime character is psychotic, and you want to be exactly like them? Please enlighten me..

I always thought it was because people want to be a tragic genius or something. I've had anxiety attacks before (I'm not diagnosed with anxiety though) and I'm sure a lot of these people would change their minds after one. I would never wish an attack on anyone because that shit is hell. Can't even imagine what people actually diagnosed with any kind of mental disease go through.

Or maybe they want to blame their problems on something supposedly outside their control (like depression or something)?
Jan 9, 2016 12:49 AM

Dec 2015
Not at all lol

thankfuly i turned out just right
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» how dark is your personality? ( 1 2 )

GrimAtrament - Mar 27, 2018

75 by Amityblight »»
6 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 5 hours ago

13 by DesuMaiden »»
28 minutes ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

22 by DesuMaiden »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you like to be a sugar baby?

Ejrodiew - Apr 10

18 by DesuMaiden »»
50 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 3 hours ago

6 by DesuMaiden »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.