Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 31, 2015 4:18 PM

Part of my therapy is to talk about it. And what better to talk to it about it to a bunch of people like me. You love anime, you love manga. You like Japanese culture, etc...

I for one, had a surgery that saved my life and after all the therapy and month long ICU stay and 24 pints of blood later. When I was released, I had severe anxiety, severe PTSD. They prescribed me Norco, and I was hooked instantly. When I say instantly, it was like "Damn, I've never felt this good, I can't wait til my next dose to feel this amazing again!". As of late, I've been coming down, and getting my fix. One day my Mom and Dad say, there's a Methadone Clinic and they help you either maintain you so you don't do anything stupid to get drugs, and they detox you when you're ready. This place has been a godsend for me.

SO now I've been 8 days clean of Norco, but I still take the Methadone. I was just wondering if anyone else had problems, I certainty do and I'm only 26...

From what I noticed, I don't know you on MAL, I know your profile, if you want to talk or discuss anything, let me know man. I'll talk back with you.

Dec 31, 2015 4:28 PM

I dont do drugs so I cant tell you. . . .
I've been here way too long...

Dec 31, 2015 4:36 PM

Those drugs might explain our negative affinity then.

They did a good job improving the system.

Dec 31, 2015 4:37 PM
No, I'm a good boy who doesn't do drugs of any kind.

Dec 31, 2015 4:39 PM

I don't know how the hell it happened but I managed to get DMT into my system one time. It's not physically addictive but somehow I got psychologically addicted to it. I craved that shit bad but I honestly had no idea how to acquire any, and I doubt I would manage to acquire any even if I knew how despite my addiction. Nevertheless it just wore off overtime.
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List

Dec 31, 2015 4:44 PM

i was addicted to cocaine , while its not physically addictive such as herion meth or alcohol so you wont experince withdrawls such as loss of appiteite shakes vomiting tremors nightmares

however i experinced serious irritiabilty change in personailty .. infact a doctor once told me its the same as being a smoker who goes cold turkey

Dec 31, 2015 4:45 PM

I smoke cigs if that counts.

But seriously, good job on getting yourself together. Any step towards bettering yourself is something to be proud of. Believe me, I know what it's like to feel helpless, especially with alcoholism. I used to drink just because I was sad, not necessarily an addiction since i'm only 17, but it was still unhealthy and wrong. I would show up to school drunk every day.

Dec 31, 2015 4:54 PM

OP is retarded to think that Anime or Japanese culture is a narcotic substance.

I smoke weed. But I ain't addicted to it.

Dec 31, 2015 4:55 PM

How long were you addicted for? They prescribed you a narcotic for anxiety? What the fuck...

Dec 31, 2015 5:00 PM

Tankroll said:
To be fair you're obviously more retarded if you think OP called Anime/Japanese culture a narcotic substance. Next time try reading.
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List

Dec 31, 2015 5:00 PM
Even though I tried some narcotic substances once, thankfully one time wasn't enough to get me addicted to them.

Dec 31, 2015 5:01 PM

Nope I seem to have some resistance to opiates somehow so I cant be effected by them easily. I never treid realy high a dose but 15 mg of hydrocodon does nothing to me.
Modified by traed, Dec 31, 2015 5:10 PM

Dec 31, 2015 5:03 PM

Depending on what you consider a narcotic, somewhat. I wasn't addicted to it but there was a short time in high school when I would drink way too much every night at my friend's house cause of stuff at my place. Good on you though for staying clean. I've heard it can be rough.

Dec 31, 2015 5:13 PM
Hug Addict <3

I don't believe in reincarnation so I'll refrain from wasting my one life on something as retarded as narcotics, thank you very much

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Dec 31, 2015 5:15 PM

I quit smoking about a week ago. "Quit" is a strong word tho since it hasn't been along. I was addicted to benzos in my first year of college
Mayuka said:

did you call

holier than thou bitch right here

last.fm

Dec 31, 2015 7:49 PM

I got some dank Kush right here with me, fam! Hoping da cops ain't reading dis post.

Dec 31, 2015 7:51 PM

Dude... Don't do drugs, it's not nice.

Dec 31, 2015 7:56 PM

MechaKiryu said:
I got some dank Kush right here with me, fam! Hoping da cops ain't reading dis post.

Nah you definitely do not have anything

Dec 31, 2015 8:00 PM

traed said:
MechaKiryu said:

Bruv, I got some growing in my basement.

Dec 31, 2015 8:10 PM

Tankroll said:

I smoke weed. But I ain't addicted to it.

I never said that, I said I'm like you people.. That's it
Also, what I said was "You love anime, you love manga. You like Japanese culture, etc.."

Dec 31, 2015 8:12 PM
I am an addict, send help. Preferably as soon as possible.

Dec 31, 2015 8:17 PM

If that methadrone does not really work well you should look up about ibogaine. its illegal a lot of places though because its a hallucinogenic.

Dec 31, 2015 8:20 PM

MechaKiryu said:
traed said:

Bruv, I got some growing in my basement.

Shoulda cropped it m8

Unless you're Billy Budd?!

Dec 31, 2015 8:25 PM

Congrats on staying clean for 8 days

Dec 31, 2015 8:35 PM

I like beer but i dont think im addicted i havn't drank in like 2 months right now im drinking and i have about 2 more 40oz in my freg so yeah im pretty drunk right now lol

Dec 31, 2015 8:54 PM
Free Shrugs

I thankfully have not had to deal with this kind of addiction. Hopefully I don't in the future either. I wish you luck OP, you have a week already clean.

Jan 1, 2016 7:22 AM

I've been addicted to drugs since I was about 12yrs old. I also am on a methdone clinic, and it helps a lot. There's other things you can do, but until you feel like you are happy without having that substance in your life it's good to just be on something like methadone,suboxone, ext.

Drugs are great when you start, but they slowly just become your only way to feel normal/good, and obviously it's not a great way to be living. Who wants to have to come up with $50-200 a day just to "feel normal"(and in the case of opiates, you'll need it unless you want to get seriously sick)? Getting treatment and recognizing it as a serious issue is the best thing you can do.
Modified by Fintan, Jan 1, 2016 7:27 AM

Jan 1, 2016 2:28 PM

Not addicted to narcotics, but I've a not the best relationship with drugs in general

LSD is my drug of choice, yea, that .001% of people who get addicted to a psychedelic. Mushrooms and MDMA were an issue too, but L is my favorite

Are you on Bluelight or Drugs-Forum? They're probably better recovery resources than MAL
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*

Jan 1, 2016 2:32 PM
I wrote this in the wrong thread so my apologies

Jan 5, 2016 9:07 AM

Tachycardic said:
How long were you addicted for? They prescribed you a narcotic for anxiety? What the fuck...

3 years, I was prescribed for pain. I had a long hospital stay, 1 month 5 days to be exact, and 25 was in ICU. I had a 2 inch lacerated ulcer that perforated my artery. So having to fix that took some time, and some life risking surgeries. After all of that, I had severe anxiety, and pain. I was prescribed massive amounts of Norco, like 240 twice a month, so I was addicted in less than 2 months.

Here I am thinking, oh medicine is harmless, it's here to help me, and the doctors are here to help me because they just saved my life. Well, I went to my primary care provider after and he didn't care for me, he cared for my painkiller addiction. All he did was feed it so I would keep going back. Well, I mustered up the strength to say, FUCK THIS DOCTOR, FUCK THIS LIFESTYLE, I'M OVER IT. So I went to this methadone clinic. They've been helping me get my life back on track, and already helped me enroll in college. What a great place!.

You ask about anxiety? Well, I took the Norco for pain and it was a massive anxiety reducer, when you get that head change, you forget about everything bad, and just relax.

Sorry for the story, If you want to know more, just ask away, I can tell you anything and everything. Not holding anything back, this is actually helping me.

Jan 5, 2016 9:22 AM

Kiraism said:
Tachycardic said:

3 years, I was prescribed for pain. I had a long hospital stay, 1 month 5 days to be exact, and 25 was in ICU. I had a 2 inch lacerated ulcer that perforated my artery. So having to fix that took some time, and some life risking surgeries. After all of that, I had severe anxiety, and pain. I was prescribed massive amounts of Norco, like 240 twice a month, so I was addicted in less than 2 months.

Here I am thinking, oh medicine is harmless, it's here to help me, and the doctors are here to help me because they just saved my life. Well, I went to my primary care provider after and he didn't care for me, he cared for my painkiller addiction. All he did was feed it so I would keep going back. Well, I mustered up the strength to say, FUCK THIS DOCTOR, FUCK THIS LIFESTYLE, I'M OVER IT. So I went to this methadone clinic. They've been helping me get my life back on track, and already helped me enroll in college. What a great place!.

You ask about anxiety? Well, I took the Norco for pain and it was a massive anxiety reducer, when you get that head change, you forget about everything bad, and just relax.

Sorry for the story, If you want to know more, just ask away, I can tell you anything and everything. Not holding anything back, this is actually helping me.

I'm sure they've probably told you, but be careful about combining medication for anxiety like benzo's with methadone or any type of opiate, it can be deadly. Also don't know if you've gone the benzo route for your anxiety, but it's worth trying other alternatives first. Benzo's are one of the few drugs you can actually die from withdrawal if you run out/get cut off. I've seen tons of people have serious seizures because of it.

Anyways, congrats at moving forward with things and getting on the clinic. Have you decided to do maintenance, or are you going to do the 6months up-6months down then off?

Jan 5, 2016 9:32 AM

Yeah man, not doing anything cept Methadone, and I don't plan on doing anything else at all. It helps with my anxiety and my pain! I was straight edge before this, only Advil, but look at what that did! 2 Inch lacerated ulcer that perforated my artery in my Duodenum!

Right now I'm just on maintenance just to see how I can get my life together, if I can pull it off, I don't know what Ill do, you know?

You know what's really annoying? I kept it a secret from my parents, right? And everyone I bought off, started calling my parents telling them i'm addicted, etc.. because they were mad at I stopped buying cause I went to an outpatient clinic! One of them just text me 4-5 minutes ago after he ratted me out, "Hey man got 2mg X-bars, $3 a pop, lemme know asap". I Told him to fuck off, im trying to stay narcotic clean.
Modified by Kiraism, Jan 5, 2016 9:38 AM

Jan 5, 2016 9:48 AM

I've been an alcoholic and sedative (benzo) addict for years before completely reinventing myself. My last vice is nicotine, but I'm dropping cigarettes as well this week.

Jan 5, 2016 9:55 AM

Kiraism said:
Yeah man, not doing anything cept Methadone, and I don't plan on doing anything else at all. It helps with my anxiety and my pain! I was straight edge before this, only Advil, but look at what that did! 2 Inch lacerated ulcer that perforated my artery in my Duodenum!

Right now I'm just on maintenance just to see how I can get my life together, if I can pull it off, I don't know what Ill do, you know?

You know what's really annoying? I kept it a secret from my parents, right? And everyone I bought off, started calling my parents telling them i'm addicted, etc.. because they were mad at I stopped buying cause I went to an outpatient clinic! One of them just text me 4-5 minutes ago after he ratted me out, "Hey man got 2mg X-bars, $3 a pop, lemme know asap". I Told him to fuck off, im trying to stay narcotic clean.

Well I guess it's good you're mad at the people you were doing drugs with, cause that's one of the hardest things to overcome. For me, all those people were the friends I grew up with and the last thing I wanted was to tell them all I can't be around them anymore.

I'm surprised you were able to keep it secret from your parents. It's a good sign, cause you certainly didn't hit rock bottom if they never even realized you were using drugs. Methadone is an addictive drug too though, it's just a better option for most people. The only thing I hate about being on the clinic is knowing that I'll go into withdrawl's if for whatever reason I can't get my dose.

Jan 5, 2016 9:59 AM

nope

------------------------------------------
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Jan 5, 2016 10:32 AM

Fintan said:
Kiraism said:

Well I guess it's good you're mad at the people you were doing drugs with, cause that's one of the hardest things to overcome. For me, all those people were the friends I grew up with and the last thing I wanted was to tell them all I can't be around them anymore.

I'm surprised you were able to keep it secret from your parents. It's a good sign, cause you certainly didn't hit rock bottom if they never even realized you were using drugs. Methadone is an addictive drug too though, it's just a better option for most people. The only thing I hate about being on the clinic is knowing that I'll go into withdrawl's if for whatever reason I can't get my dose.

Yeah, I'm just glad they're open 365 days a year xD!