Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 30, 2015 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
i am seeing them left to right. going through, there is a lot of nalu and graju. why not watch the show and enjoy the action and magic? or just let the author decide who is going to go with? oh well

btw, i am a random shipper IF theres the character that doesnt like anyone. i just roll the dice. idc is natsu goes with gray
Dec 30, 2015 3:08 AM

Sep 2015
I never got the concept of shipping in the first place.

Rarity is Best Pony!
Dec 30, 2015 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
Because there are a lot of characters who are ship-teased constantly, and the fandom like to do that things.
Dec 30, 2015 3:11 AM

Jul 2014
shippings such a little kid word, i just think of wierd 12 year olds on DA when i hear it
Dec 30, 2015 3:16 AM

Oct 2014
Shugo Chara has a lot of shippers in the fandom because who the main character believes she loves the most isn't the same person as who the majority of the audience wants her to be with. Like Shugo Chara, Fairy Tail also has a main cast with about equal numbers of both sexes and all of them are attractive so there are a lot of opportunities for straight pairings in addition to yuri/yaoi ships and mythical harems.
Dec 30, 2015 3:23 AM

Jan 2014
Illyricus- said:
Because there are a lot of characters who are ship-teased constantly, and the fandom like to do that things.

Yep.

Whilst watching the series, you'll see that a lot of people in Fairy Tail are actually made to appear and act like a couple. Natsu and Lucy being a primary example of the case. I can imagine that people quite like how Natsu is always there for Lucy and so they'd like to see them as a couple.

If this scene didn't scream it out with blaring horns it then I don't know what will.
OboronDec 30, 2015 3:26 AM

Dec 30, 2015 3:30 AM

Sep 2015
Because the ship sailed better than the anime.
Dec 30, 2015 3:41 AM

Oct 2015
Hard to say I guess it's because there are just so many characters that it makes it very tempting to ship... to bad the most garbage and crappy ship *cough NaLu *cough will end up canon :(
Dec 30, 2015 3:44 AM

Oct 2012
deathmourn123 said:
Because the ship sailed better than the anime.

I've watched only 30 episodes of Fairy Tail and I think that's the reason.
Dec 30, 2015 4:01 AM

Jul 2007
Because Mashima does not avoid romance in his works. His previous work, Rave, had working romances, and FT is no different. Lucy/Natsu and Gray/Juvia are pretty much 100% canon pairings.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
shawnofthedeadzDec 31, 2015 11:11 PM
Dec 30, 2015 4:11 AM

Sep 2014
I stopped watching fairy tail after about 10~ episodes due to it being boring as shit

But I still enjoyed reading the Natsu x Lucy ship. I did the same for Naruto with Sakura x Sasuke. I just couldn't be fucked to watch the rest of the show so I read a summary about their relationship development

Shipping is serious business
Dec 30, 2015 4:33 AM
Nov 2015
LAXUS AND MIRA JANE ALL DA WAY!! YAAAAA~~~~~~ KAWAI DESSUSUSUSUSUSU
Dec 30, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
Because it's one of the few shounen series that is upfront with their relationships and actually has a chance to develop them.

Most of the ships are trash though especially GrayxJuvia. The only ones that I like are ErzaxJellal and MavisxZeref.
Dec 30, 2015 5:00 AM

Oct 2015
Am I the only FT fan that hates NaLu? I utterly despise that ship and I feel like I'm the only one.

#ErLuMasterRace
Dec 30, 2015 5:04 AM

Sep 2015
DarkLordofYuri said:
Am I the only FT fan that hates NaLu? I utterly despise that ship and I feel like I'm the only one.

#ErLuMasterRace

I agree with you Fairy Tail would have been more successful if it was a yuri anime.
Dec 30, 2015 5:54 AM
Mar 2014
Gajeel x Levy best couple nothing comes close to it.
Dec 30, 2015 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
Well at least some couples actually have moments. Like Gajeel and Levy, you see how Gajeel changes after he joins FT and how Levy changes too after all that happened between them. And some others too. So unlike Naruto where some couples just popped out of nowhere, here it's teased yes, but they do have good moments together.
Dec 30, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
Nymphias said:
Illyricus- said:
We are two now. Sinon is life, Sinon is love.

100%. My Sinon obsession skyrocketed into space after the release of GGO Episode 2 and has yet to return to Earth. I don't think it ever will.
Nothing strange. She is the best girl of SAO after all. The fact that she is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro makes her even better.
Dec 30, 2015 6:12 AM

Feb 2013
People who say they dont ship they're lying, it comes as something natural, you're watching an anime, you get invested in the charecters and start thinking, well these two could be good as a pairing, in that moments you start shipping.

I dont know why people see shipping like something bad, you know you can love the story appreciate it and everything and ship, why not? it makes watching anime more great.

Dec 30, 2015 6:13 AM

Jul 2013
badwolf45f said:
People who say they dont ship they're lying, it comes as something natural, you're watching an anime, you get invested in the charecters and start thinking, well these two could be good as a pairing, in that moments you start shipping.

I dont know why people see shipping like something bad, you know you can love the story appreciate it and everything and ship, why not? it makes watching anime more great.

Try-hard emo teens thinking they don't need love.
Dec 30, 2015 7:08 AM
Dec 2015
Because Mashima didn't have an original idea again to improve quality of the storyline in FT.
So he make a shipping wars to increase the "quality" of FT again.
NotThisShitAgainDec 30, 2015 7:20 AM
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Dec 30, 2015 7:10 AM

Nov 2015
Everyones already said it , But to make that shit show even slightly more appealing .
Dec 30, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2015
Tenshi_Shura said:
badwolf45f said:

i don't ship not because i don't need love or something. i just don't want to get dissapointed if i ship something since i easily emotionaly attached.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 30, 2015 7:17 AM
May 2015
If anything, it's Mashima's fault. He kind of writes romances in but kind of doesn't. Also, the sheer number of characters and fans leads to some crazy combinations.
"Combat, though dangerous, is quite vigorous exercise." - Curie
Dec 30, 2015 7:21 AM
Nov 2015
Ship happens honestly, fairy tail is not shipped that much harder then most show relative to its size. people will ship on every show.
Dec 30, 2015 7:32 AM

Sep 2015
They even ship this two.
Dec 30, 2015 7:35 AM

Feb 2013
Kuma said:
Tenshi_Shura said:
i don't ship not because i don't need love or something. i just don't want to get dissapointed if i ship something since i easily emotionaly attached.

Yeah well, I sometimes would like to not ship, but again, it happens like it or not lol

deathmourn123 said:
They even ship this two.

I dont watch FT but I would ship them too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 30, 2015 7:50 AM

Jan 2014
badwolf45f said:

Saying that everyone 'ships' a potential relationship in an anime because they think that could end up being a good couple, would be wrong. For one to ship, they would need to endorse the relationship. There may be countless of characters in an anime whom I think could end up being a good couple, however what if I don't necessarily care whether they end up together or not? Does that still mean that I ship them? No, of course not, because acknowledging that there's potential for relationship is not the same as supporting a relationship.

Dec 30, 2015 7:59 AM

Sep 2015
There's definitely more ships in fairy tail than there is in One Piece.
Dec 30, 2015 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
Acheroh said:
badwolf45f said:

Saying that everyone 'ships' a potential relationship in an anime because they think that could end up being a good couple, would be wrong. For one to ship, they would need to endorse the relationship. There may be countless of characters in an anime whom I think could end up being a good couple, however what if I don't necessarily care whether they end up together or not? Does that still mean that I ship them? No, of course not, because acknowledging that there's potential for relationship is not the same as supporting a relationship.

It deppends what your definition of "ship" means, if for you shipping is screaming and dying whenever you see the couple you like together, then of course you`re right, but for me shipping also means just liking a pairing whether you care or not that they end together at the end.

Dec 30, 2015 8:17 AM

Jun 2015
Why are so many people bothered by shippers? Seriously, it's their ship. How does it affect you?
TyrelJan 1, 2016 4:54 AM
Dec 30, 2015 8:23 AM

Oct 2008
zombie_pegasus said:
Shugo Chara has a lot of shippers in the fandom because who the main character believes she loves the most isn't the same person as who the majority of the audience wants her to be with. Like Shugo Chara, Fairy Tail also has a main cast with about equal numbers of both sexes and all of them are attractive so there are a lot of opportunities for straight pairings in addition to yuri/yaoi ships and mythical harems.

Shugo Chara actually had character that were romantically interested in other characters...
Dec 30, 2015 8:27 AM

Jul 2013
AltoRoark99 said:
Why are so many people bothered by shippers? Seriously, it's their ship. How does it affect you?
They can be really insistent with their shippings. Especially when they spam it to your face:

Anyway, I'm also a shipper in some series, so nothing wrong with shipping.
Dec 30, 2015 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
Because there are many hints for several shippings. Romance anime or not, if there are "feelings" between two characters, we can ship them, right? It's reasonable
Dec 30, 2015 8:40 AM
Mar 2013
Because it teases the pairings a lot
Dec 30, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2015
Maybe I'm not with the times, but in my experience, every anime has those who ship characters to some extent. I imagine more popular animes would see this (and everything else really) more due to more people being exposed to it. It could be possible of course for the content of the anime to intentionally or unintentionally though.

On a personal note, I usually find myself shipping characters who are on opposite sides of issues or have a lot of displacement from one another in general. I find the stories of how "it" happens much more interesting. Hehe~
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Dec 30, 2015 9:25 AM
Apr 2015
Story is garbage. Good foreshadowing and setup but lackluster execution. He just doesn't take any risk.

Ecchi and shipping are it's only saving grace. Mashima is pretty unique when it comes to drawing female anatomy. Not even most professional h-artists can draw this good.
Dec 30, 2015 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
People seriously ship in a battle shounen?
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Dec 30, 2015 9:28 AM

Jul 2013
ItsMaz said:
Of course. Battle shonens are actually one of the anime/manga medias with more shipping on it.
Dec 30, 2015 9:29 AM

Jul 2007
ItsMaz said:

You do realize that Mashima's previous manga ended with a
?

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
shawnofthedeadzDec 31, 2015 11:06 PM
Dec 30, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Illyricus- said:
ItsMaz said:
Of course. Battle shonens are actually one of the anime/manga medias with more shipping on it.

I just find it surprising, since most of the battle shounens I've seen rarely ever have any actual change between their characters, outside of power levels.
Fai said:

You do realize that Mashima's previous manga ended with a
?

I haven't read it, so no. Same response given to Illyricus applicable here too; I rarely have seen any character dynamics change in battle shounens. This comes as quite surprising lol.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Dec 30, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2013
ItsMaz said:
Illyricus- said:

I just find it surprising, since most of the battle shounens I've seen rarely ever have any actual change between their characters, outside of power levels.
There are people who like to ship characters in series with a lot of ship tease like FT, but there are people who also ships in animes with few romance like One Piece or HxH.
Dec 30, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2015
deathmourn123 said:
They even ship this two.

I'd take that over NaLu, even though the Gruvia ship is right after ErLu in my faves.
Dec 30, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
I don't like FT very much but Erza X Natsu is master race .
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Dec 31, 2015 11:08 PM

Oct 2013

Thread Moved to Fairy Tail Series Board and Cleaned.
Please try to remain on topic about shipping in Fairy Tail and avoid off topic discussions like which shounen anime is better.

shawnofthedeadzDec 31, 2015 11:21 PM
Dec 31, 2015 11:25 PM

Mar 2014
ItsMaz said:
People seriously didn't know this?
Feb 9, 2017 1:14 PM

Feb 2016
I think Fairy Tail is like the only Shounen anime with that much romance in it.There are a lot of moments with characters and that's why people ship it.Hiro Mashima also likes it too draw two characters sometimes.Most of the pictures looks pretty romantic somehow and the manga and anime have a lot of moments between two characters.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Feb 11, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
I've always seen shipping as being a think fat geeky women are into.

Usually guys don't really care.
Feb 12, 2017 1:22 AM
Jan 2017
There's not much else to do as a fan of the series. And the show seems to throw in a lot of opportunities for ships.
Feb 25, 2017 6:10 PM
Sep 2013
Like everyone has said, unlike most other shonen, who try to avoid romantic contexts like the plague, Fairy Tail is actually quite explicit about it, even going out of the way to hook characters up. Even Naruto (where most gets married) try to avoid any romantic context.

When it comes to Fairy Tail though, rather than calling it "shipping," I consider it more as being "giddy for the official couples." All the official couples are blatantly obvious really early on, as the author does not beat around the bushes or try to start shipping wars, so there's no real serious ship battles going on.

Basically, its not that people are more into the shipping, its that they are more into the romance compare to other popular shonen, cuz Fairy Tail is more open about romance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Free_Candy - Nov 30, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 119 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Seeker - Feb 24, 2012

129 by phantom346 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

A2ZOMG - Nov 23, 2009

122 by gannoncannon55 »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Keodara - Feb 17, 2012

96 by phantom346 »»
47 minutes ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 16, 2009

145 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.