Forum Settings
Forums

My Chest Hurts, What To Do? I'm Starting To Get Really Sick Of It.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

Dec 29, 2015 11:59 PM

Yeah you need to get yourself to a doctor or counselor if you want to get better. It's more helpful than making threads on MAL anyway.

Dec 30, 2015 12:00 AM

Have you considered hard drugs and copious amounts of heavy liquor?

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server

Dec 30, 2015 12:03 AM

TheBasedMaki said:
RIP Crzy_Minus 2011-2015

Jokes aside, go see a doctor.
What is that supposed to mean?
Pesticyde said:
I don't do either, not healthy.

Dec 30, 2015 12:05 AM

A quick medical check up could clear all this up, when its decided there's nothing physically wrong you can work on the psychological cure. Or they will fix whats wrong physically.

There really is no other real answer till you get this answer out of the way.

Dec 30, 2015 12:05 AM

Spooks said:
Its an anxiety problem not a medical, judging by your replies its going to take many years of growing up before you're over it.

This is the impression I get too. It doesn't matter what advice anyone here gives OP, he's going to go away with the intent to self-sabotage any attempt to feel better to feed the ego and illusion that things will never change. You will never see the human mind spring so beautifully into action than when it is defending against anything that might keep it from staying exactly where it is.
Modified by Latent, Dec 30, 2015 12:05 AM

Dec 30, 2015 12:06 AM

Spooks said:
Lothloran said:
You either got to snatch em young

God you're still giving me the creeps lady.

Well it's true, I don't have time for women who have been broken by lovers and life. Women scarred by permanent resting bitch face are the worst. There's this strange listless quality in a lot of women's eyes as well, like they're dead inside.

case and point. (30 year old lady - google images) Like fucking shark's eyes.

Or there's a sharpness and steeliness that makes them seem like they're always scheming.

I'll take creepy and happy over the alternative.

Vor uns liegt MAL, in uns marschiert MAL, und hinter uns, kommt MAL!

Dec 30, 2015 12:11 AM

I'm sorry to worry all of you, I just don't know who I could've approached to talk about this.

I know making a thread about this especially on CD is a bad idea, but I just couldn't help myself. I should be smarter than that.

So yeah, I really hope I can find a cure for this and meet someone who can be on my side when I need help.

Crzy_Minus said:
Pesticyde said:
I don't do either, not healthy.
Well chuckles, neither is sitting behind a computer day after day wasting away feeling sorry for yourself, all the while refusing to seek any kind of remedy and passing off doctors as "old and useless". At least my solution is more proactive than the endless angst you post on here.

All I'm saying dude is that you need to go fucking do something. Because right now all I hear is "My life is hard, someone please pull a magical solution out of their ass because I'm too scared to do something productive about an issue that literally makes me feel endless pain".

You ain't finding your answer here bud.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server

You had me there for a sec... I thought you were talking about physical pain. lmao.

Dec 30, 2015 12:13 AM

Crzy_Minus said:
if that's so I could commit suicide before all those years are complete.

walp, SOME TIPS ON SUICIDE.
My preferred method is to just eat lol. Sodium, salt, msg, saturated fat. If you're gonna die, at least enjoy it lol. Instant noodles are cheap and tasty P=. Eat a ton a day and you're sure to go happily.

I have told you to get a cat or pet as it helps cope with being alone. You still have yet to respond.

You already stated:
Yes, doctors are very intelligent but I want help from someone who could potentially be my friend.

You literally know your cure and you aren't taking striving for it.

Finding people with common interests and dropping a "sup, DID YOU SEE THAT EPISODE THOUGH?" isn't that hard.

Scratch all of what I just said about you wanting to make friends. Your profile comments are primarily female based. You don't want male friends it seems because many are trying to befriend you yet you aren't taking them in. So far you haven't messaged any of the males.

Girls do not like to see desperation.
Has society made you think "if you don't have a girlfriend, you're a loser and should die" ?

Psychologically though, a pet cat or dog should help a lot if you're wanting to cope with lonliness but in your case, you really really want a s.o as soon as possible for no significant reason. You have stated "I have never had one before" meaning this can't be a heart breakup problem...

PLS, NO MOAR.
Modified by peanutbutters, Dec 30, 2015 12:19 AM
Is this where you live?

Dec 30, 2015 12:16 AM

Crzy_Minus said:
I'm sorry to worry all of you, I just don't know who I could've approached to talk about this.

I know making a thread about this especially on CD is a bad idea, but I just couldn't help myself. I should be smarter than that.

So yeah, I really hope I can find a cure for this and meet someone who can be on my side when I need help.

That is one thing about this forum lol. If you feel the need any time you can message me OR here is a list of really great online chats that will set you up one on one with someone to listen to you and talk to you

http://www.7cups.com/

http://blahtherapy.com/

also this might be helpful to you

http://www.myshrink.com/anxiety-attack-symptoms.php

Dec 30, 2015 12:52 PM

How old are you OP? Based on your posts in this thread, I'm going to assume you're likely a teenager. Feel free to berate me if I'm wrong.

As others have already stated, first and foremost, you should see a doctor. It could well be a physical condition, and it's worth getting it checked out just to make sure.

I can understand feeling alone and wanting to make friends that will be there for you when you need the emotional support, but friendships are a two way street of give and take, and to be blunt, it feels to me that you're more of a "taker", and it doesn't seem like you'd give much in return.

This is only based on your threads and the few conversations we've had mind you, I could be wrong, but to be an arrogant prick, I don't think I'm that far off quite frankly.

Are you sure you really want friends? Or just someone to help you out only when you're feeling lonely or down? To me, it seems like the latter, to be blunt.
And if it is, I don't see the problem with therapy or counselling, assuming money isn't an issue of course if money is required.

I think you need to sort out your own personal problems and self-esteem first before taking the next step into making serious, long-term friends, or getting into any sort of relationship, because you definitely don't seem ready for either, especially a romantic relationship.

"If ever you fall, I'll be there"- Floor

"I have a dream: a dream that, one day,
chickens can cross roads without
having their motives questioned."
- Chicken rights activist

"I love Matt! 💗." - Me

Dec 30, 2015 3:41 PM

Lothloran said:
I can tell you that anxiety disorders come from, mainly, reliving certain traumatic events and attributing similarities between events you're currently experiencing and the event from the past. A friend would be helpful if you have none but only a licensed and trained psychologist or certified counselor will be able to help you come to terms with or grips with whatever past event you're being set off by.

I disagree. I'm anxious and neurotic as fuck and I don't have any deep psychological trauma. Most anxiety disorders do not come from "traumatic events". They're mostly caused by genetics and the environment you grow up in, the trauma misconception is because sometimes events can trigger the anxiety, but only if the potential for the disorder was already there can you develop one (unless it really is psychologically damaging). I'd say a therapist is optional, only if you feel like you need monitoring, but they never did me any good. Definitely see a doctor though.

Dec 30, 2015 3:47 PM

NasalShark said:
Lothloran said:
I can tell you that anxiety disorders come from, mainly, reliving certain traumatic events and attributing similarities between events you're currently experiencing and the event from the past. A friend would be helpful if you have none but only a licensed and trained psychologist or certified counselor will be able to help you come to terms with or grips with whatever past event you're being set off by.

I disagree. I'm anxious and neurotic as fuck and I don't have any deep psychological trauma. Most anxiety disorders do not come from "traumatic events". They're mostly caused by genetics and the environment you grow up in, the trauma misconception is because sometimes events can trigger the anxiety, but only if the potential for the disorder was already there can you develop one (unless it really is psychologically damaging). I'd say a therapist is optional, only if you feel like you need monitoring, but they never did me any good. Definitely see a doctor though.

I can tell you from a medical standpoint that anxiety is a natural response, you're supposed to feel that way sometimes. The problem comes in when you start feeling that way when you shouldn't be, an anxiety attack is the body kicking off the flight or fight response, the self-preservation part of your brain goes on red alert, your decisions become more rapid, less planned, you hyperventilate to bring in more oxygen and your heart races to feed more blood to the muscles.
I also said "mainly" as in generally, as in a general rule, it's about association, associating some danger with a current situation where there is no real danger.

Like... walking down the street and becoming paranoid that if you had a heart attack no one would help you, then you start to rev your own engine up.

Dec 30, 2015 3:48 PM
Kanade♥

Thread Locked

General advice threads should be asked here: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=702011

Thread is too old to merge.
Modified by Tyrel, Dec 30, 2015 3:48 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]