Forum Settings
Forums

Full list backup / Bring back "Editing capabilities for each individual episode/chapter details"

New
Dec 29, 2015 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Please include all entered data such as episode/chapter details, volume count (manga), storage value.
Or just bring back the ability to edit the "episode/chapter details" would be a good. (having it both would be great.)
This would help the users who tracks their progress and doesn't have internet connection all the time.

RayzerMar 7, 2016 11:32 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Jan 7, 2016 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Rayzer said:
Bump.

This would help the users who tracks their progress and doesn't have internet connection all the time.

Can you just record it on a piece of paper or in a text file and whenever you have access to the Internet update your list (until exporting is improved)?

Also, myanimelist is designed for people with who have an Internet access 24/7, so there's really no need to rush, even though is idea is good.
Jan 10, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Taiga offers offline functionality and syncs your list once you have internet. erengy reported it has some limitations though due to MAL's API, like not showing the exact time the episode was watched. It should work as expected though.

This is probably the easiest solution for now.
Feb 5, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
Recuvan said:

Can you just record it on a piece of paper or in a text file and whenever you have access to the Internet update your list (until exporting is improved)?

Yeah I can do it and don't use MAL or use another site altogether.
But since MAL already offers listing it why not backing it up wasn't available?
This is a suggestion board. And this one wasn't a silly suggestion like the others.
Recuvan said:

Also, myanimelist is designed for people with who have an Internet access 24/7, so there's really no need to rush, even though is idea is good.

Who told you or where do you even get that?
_Ghost_ said:
Taiga offers offline functionality and syncs your list once you have internet. erengy reported it has some limitations though due to MAL's API, like not showing the exact time the episode was watched. It should work as expected though.
This is probably the easiest solution for now.

Oh yeah I can use Taiga on Anime. But what about the manga? And the list exporting feature wasn't updated since 2008.
If this suggestion won't be made. Maybe just bringing back the ability to edit list history instead. Or having it both would be great.
RayzerFeb 6, 2016 7:58 AM
Feb 5, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Rayzer said:
Recuvan said:

Who told you or where do you even get that?

Considering that this is a website...
Well, maybe I structured my statement wrong, ignore the "24/7" bit and you should get what I'm trying to say
Apr 30, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Xinil said:
Editing capabilities for each individual episode/chapter have been removed (this data was only saved a month anyway.)
Any chance bringing this back? Because the data on episode or chapter details was now kept for years, So the removal reason wasn't valid anymore.

EDIT 1:

Was the list export feature got updated when history or "episode/chapter details" created?
I mean, it should be updated when more list feature and its data was added/implemented.
So the additional data needs to be backup. But if it can't be backed up, just remove it.

It's really annoying when you thought you had clicked "+" to track your progress after watching or reading something and thinking everything went fine.
But when you looked at the "chapter/episode details" it wasn't saved or reached the database.
It could be because your internet was too slow or no connection at all (like here) because of congestion or your ISP was having a maintenance.
Something like this:
EDIT 2:
Seriously, Do I (we) need to have internet connection just all the time to use MAL?
Or to track my (our) progress? What if someone goes to a vacation and took some anime or manga or light novel with them?
Then there's no internet connection on their destination. Then stayed there for the whole week up to 1 month?
So there's should be an option to support offline activities and the it's data such as our progress and the day and maybe time of the progress.
Dec 26, 2016 2:00 AM

Apr 2014
Bumping this up.

So it's time for a week long holiday (New Year) break again. And I would travel for more than a half day until I get to my destination.
So that means It will get boring so I decided to bring gadgets, power banks and laptop with me to read manga (pdf format) and also watch anime.
But I won't get consistent internet up to no connection at because the bus will go through mountains in the provinces.
And once I'm at my destination (where my relatives lives) the signal of mobile networks (internet) are weak up to no connection at all.
So having an offline progress tracking by editing the chapter/episode history would be helpful in this situation.
That's why I'm asking to bring back that editing chapter/episode capabilities because It's a useful feature.
Jan 20, 2017 7:38 AM

Apr 2014
Bumping this thread again.

@Antanaru, @frack, @lostintokyo
Don't you want to request this feature back?
Jan 20, 2017 7:45 AM

Aug 2008
I already forgot I said anything about it. Of course it would be better to have this feature back instead of some of that worthless fluff added to the site since then. MAL is getting more and more crappy with layout and functionality, so I doubt it will ever happen though.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 23, 2017 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
Anytime now MAL. Removing feature because of past limitations and not bringing it back?
And the reason of removal is just plainly stupid.
May 19, 2017 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
Bumping this up.

Damn it. I just finished my summer vacation (3 weeks) and finished watching and reading tons of anime and manga.
But only few of it was got updated on my list because of inconsistent connection (rural/mountainous area).
So please add a feature (again) to edit the time/date stamp of the history.
Sep 26, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
Bumping this thread again.
Dec 30, 2017 2:38 AM

Apr 2014
Bumping this thread up again.

Damn it, I didn't knew my manga reading progress wasn't being recored last maintenance. (I didn't even know there's a maintenance!)
I even thought I put it on my competed list, but it is not! It totally ruined my history!
Much worst when someone in my family restarts our wifi, the wifi adapter needs to be disconnect and connect just to make sure it gets recored!
Also when using Taiga, MALUpdater or just browsing my list I need to refresh/relogin the application, same with android.
I need to do that on the app or in my anime/manga list because it won't get recorded every time the wifi was restarted.
This is now getting annoying. Ever since I posted this it just looks like nobody had check this thread aside from _Ghost_.
Jan 15, 2018 6:02 PM

Jun 2016
Thread cleaned, please remember to stay civil and on-topic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.