Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 29, 2015 8:32 PM

Dec 2015
Chillingflames said:

I feel like guys like Hideyuki Fukasawa also deserve more credit. Sure, his most recent work on Unlimited blade works was a mixed bag (just like the show itself) but I thought that some of his other projects such as Mahoyo was fantastic.

His VN remixes were well-received, as were a couple of tracks like Unlimited Blade Works and Souls to Fight. He should also be praised for adding yet another wonderful Emiya remix to the growing hoard we have :)
Dec 29, 2015 8:43 PM

Mar 2014
CherryLover said:
Chillingflames said:

I feel like guys like Hideyuki Fukasawa also deserve more credit. Sure, his most recent work on Unlimited blade works was a mixed bag (just like the show itself) but I thought that some of his other projects such as Mahoyo was fantastic.

His VN remixes were well-received, as were a couple of tracks like Unlimited Blade Works and Souls to Fight. He should also be praised for adding yet another wonderful Emiya remix to the growing hoard we have :)

The sheer amount of Emiya remixes is staggering.
Dec 29, 2015 8:51 PM

Dec 2015
Extra_Caster said:
CherryLover said:

The sheer amount of Emiya remixes is staggering.

Posting the rest of the awesome collection:

Dec 29, 2015 10:18 PM

Jan 2014
I'd like to point people in the direction of dai. He did soundtrack for the VN Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It's pretty much the best soundtrack. It stayed more or less in tact for the adaptation, but of course Studio DEEN had to use inferior remixes of the best songs...
Really interesting signature
Jan 3, 2016 6:33 PM
Sep 2015
Of course have to shout out Shoji Yamashiro / Geinoh Yamashirogumi for Akira!!

Cannot say enough good things about this brilliant man and the collective he formed, amazing concept - you have hundreds of people from non musical backgrounds completely nailing traditional/spiritual/folk music from all around the world (its hard to remove the association of the sound of the Indonesian Gamelan from Akira). Then you introduce digital sounds, western classical style arrangements, sprawling prog...

Not only created one of the most iconic anime scores to arguably the most well known anime movie ever but a completely unique musical entity the likes of which the world has never seen.
Jan 3, 2016 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
Hiroyuki Sawano - he's made a lot of amazing soundtracks.

Aimer - my god, her voice is so fucking amazing.

Ken Arai - his soundtracks for Parasyte were amazing, and he makes great EDM music as "a la i."

Asian Kung-Fu Generation - I loved both OPs they did for naruto and fma.

mpi - he's made some great songs/soundtracks, and collabed with Hiroyuki Sawano. His English is pretty good as well.
ceruleanightJan 3, 2016 6:51 PM
Jan 3, 2016 8:18 PM

Mar 2014
Bruce Faulconer

He instigated a revolution which was televised, whose music became a global phenomenon, and even Hollywood composes cited inspiration to.
Jan 3, 2016 8:26 PM

Mar 2014
What is this?

No love for the great Shōji Meguro?

I know he's mostly done video game music but come on
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 3, 2016 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
Mikio Endo for his work in the K series, specially K: Missing Kings.

Yoko Kanno for her work in Zankyou no Terror and Sakamichi no Apollon in particular.

The music they've arranged just fits so well with their respective anime. They're also somewhat unlike anything I've ever encountered.
OuahJan 3, 2016 8:42 PM
Jan 3, 2016 8:49 PM
Aug 2010
apart from joe hisaishi and some others that were already mentioned, susumu hirasawa has a very unique sound that i've always enjoyed.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Jan 3, 2016 8:50 PM

Dec 2015
Yann Tiersen is the best one imo. Watch Goodbye Lenin for proof.

-Retroalwayswins
SuperiorRetrofanJan 3, 2016 8:50 PM
divide et impera
Jan 3, 2016 10:41 PM

May 2015
I really enjoy Makoto Yoshimori's stuff, mostly his works in Durarara and Baccano. He always makes interesting or unique pieces but still manages to keep a classic feel in them.

Here's one of my favorites:

Oh right Susumu Hirasawa does some great stuff too, Forces is probably the most epic song I've ever heard.
Jan 3, 2016 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
The lack of Michiru Oshima here is pretty depressing. And I haven't heard any of his other stuff, but if it's anything like the fully orchestrated masterpiece that was Giant Robo I'd say Masamichi Amano is hugely under appreciated. I also love Takanashi's blend of modern and traditional, esp Mononoke and Shiki.
Jan 3, 2016 11:34 PM

Mar 2015

<3
Spoilers for SC.
Loved that they remixed both of these for the OVA.
Jan 3, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2015
TheGeniusBaka said:

and IMO Kajiura, Yuki is overated.

Can you give us explanation why you thought Yuki Kajiura is overrated? I am wondering since you gave us explanations about the other musical composers you have mentioned, while this is what you said for Ms. Kajiura.

Jan 4, 2016 1:25 AM

May 2015
I watched Madoka and SAO.did not noticed the music that much.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 4, 2016 3:37 AM

May 2013
Don't know about favourites since these things don't stand out to me as much, but I definitely remember Yuki Kajiura's work in titles such as Sword Art Online and Madoka Magica.
Jan 4, 2016 3:55 AM

Feb 2015
Yuki Kajiura, she has made some of the most memorable ost in anime.
Check out My List here

(Censored) said:
I have no clue what The Devil is a Part-timer. But I'm guessing it has to do with a devil, being a part timer. xd
You can watch Hataraku Maou-Sama!
It's about the devil Satan, who is a part timer in Mcdonald...

YEP
Jan 4, 2016 4:23 AM

Dec 2012
Yuki Kajiura is the best in my opinion. I also like Kenji Kawai, Yasuharu Takanashi, Hiroyuki Sawano, Hikaru Nanase, Taku Iwasaki, and Yoko Kanno,
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 4, 2016 5:20 AM

May 2014
Whoever did Madoka and Nagi No Asukara cuz holy shit.
Jan 4, 2016 5:34 AM

Aug 2014
I do think yuki kaijura is overrated. All of music sounds the same.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 4, 2016 10:04 PM

Mar 2014
Comic_Sans said:
What is this?

No love for the great Shōji Meguro?

I know he's mostly done video game music but come on

Catherine's soundtrack is perfection. Meguro set the mood just right at every scene, and the addition of a jukebox at the bar just made it that much better.

He did do the soundtrack for the P3 Movies and P4 TV anime, so he still counts.
Jan 4, 2016 10:07 PM

Jul 2010
Joe Hisaishi

one of the greatest composers, as seen in ever Studio Ghibli movie ever made
Jan 4, 2016 10:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's really nothing original really ..
Pretty much Yoko Kanno and Hiroyuki Sawano stands out for me so far.
However, i have a good feeling for some like Ken Arai (Parasyte) or Taisei Iwasaki (Kekkai Sensen).
DatRandomDudeJan 4, 2016 10:09 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 5, 2016 6:05 AM

Jul 2015
Yuki Kajiura has proven with SAO, that she can turn even total garbage into masterpiece.

Jan 5, 2016 6:24 AM

Feb 2014
Yoko Kanno, Kenji Kawai, Michiru Oshima. I haven't heard any of her other works, but FMA 2003 wouldn't be the same without Michiru Oshima's music, especially the song Bratja (Brothers).
Jan 5, 2016 6:32 AM

Dec 2013
Piromysl said:
Yuki Kajiura has proven with SAO, that she can turn even total garbage into masterpiece.

Huh, her music in SAO was hardly a masterpiece
Jan 5, 2016 6:57 AM
Sep 2015
dlee342 said:
Joe Hisaishi<br />
<br />

Yes he's amazing!! Wanted to mention Michio Mamaya for his incredible haunting score to Grave Of The Fireflies.

Speaking of haunting I've also got to mention the amazing Haroumi Hosono and his incredible score for Night on the Galactic Railroad..

Ofcourse can't forget Hosono's YMO bandmate Ryuichi Sakamoto (one of the greatest living composers IMO) who in the same year as winning an academy award for The Last Emperor made an amazing score for The Wings of Honnêamise.
Jan 6, 2016 1:56 AM

Oct 2009
Tenmon (ef a tale of memories, 5 centimeters per second, boat load of other stuff) is my favorite. To this day, I still feel ef a tale of memories has the greatest soundtrack to come out of any anime.

Kensuke Ushio (Ping Pong the Animation) is my 2nd favorite and Yutaka Yamada (Tokyo Ghoul) is my 3rd.

I don't really have a reason for why they're my favorite. It's just musical preference.
lucjanJan 6, 2016 2:01 AM

Jan 6, 2016 4:26 AM

May 2013
dlee342 said:
Joe Hisaishi

Well yes. Only him came to my mind. His music is just breathtaking.
Why do people have to work? I just want to eat and sleep. I should have born as a panda at the zoo.
- Kazuya Hiramaru (Bakuman)
Jan 6, 2016 4:49 AM

Oct 2015
This hot piece of shit mmmhmmmMmmhHM U WEEBS

Jan 7, 2016 7:11 AM

Jul 2013
robis798 said:
Piromysl said:

I agree. If anything, Kara no Kyoukai is her best work so far.
Jan 7, 2016 7:18 AM
Mar 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
robis798 said:

Strongly disagree - I never thought 'damn this track is awesome' or felt the need to go back and relisten to the Kara no Kyoukai ost...granted I don't have much love for the series itself (I do enjoy it but, eh) so that probably plays a big part. Still, I have listened to tracks from series I might not have enjoyed too much and still found value in re-listening to them, but I never really got that from that particular OST. SAO at least had one song which I enjoyed enough to re-listen to, though most of the rest was meh.

Off the top of my head probably someone like Shiro Sagisu is who I end up listening to a lot, I enjoyed his Evangelion pieces.
Jan 7, 2016 7:24 AM

Apr 2013
^Her work on Fate Zero is the best. SAO has a few great soundtracks, but the ost is too repetitive.
geraltJan 7, 2016 7:54 AM
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 7, 2016 7:36 AM

Apr 2014
Iwasaki Taku did a pretty magnificent job on Noragami first and second season, he produced some colorful music that use some instrument that you won't hear that often, loved his Fluctuation and Heart Conversation track.
Jan 7, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Kreion said:
Tenshi_Shura said:

Strongly disagree - I never thought 'damn this track is awesome' or felt the need to go back and relisten to the Kara no Kyoukai ost...granted I don't have much love for the series itself (I do enjoy it but, eh) so that probably plays a big part. Still, I have listened to tracks from series I might not have enjoyed too much and still found value in re-listening to them, but I never really got that from that particular OST. SAO at least had one song which I enjoyed enough to re-listen to, though most of the rest was meh.

Off the top of my head probably someone like Shiro Sagisu is who I end up listening to a lot, I enjoyed his Evangelion pieces.

That's too bad. Try watching Kara no Kyoukai Remix Gate of Seventh Heaven. It has some lovely OSTs by her. She makes good songs with Kalafina.
Jan 7, 2016 8:39 AM

Jan 2013
Step aside plebs, Kohei Tanaka coming through.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jan 7, 2016 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
Susumu Hirasawa anyone???

He did the berserk OST and Satoshi Kons Paprica, Paranoia Agent, Millennium Actress.
removed-userJan 7, 2016 9:31 AM
Jan 7, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Joe Hisaishi definitely
I mean those songs he makes for Ghilbi's Studio are legend

but I love whoever makes Naruto's soundtracks too, respect!
Joy4everJan 7, 2016 10:15 AM
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Jan 9, 2016 2:17 PM
Sep 2015
I really liked the soundtrack from mushishi
And even though the plot in God eater is a bit questionable, the ost is incredible!
The osts from Code geass and space dandy are also heavily underrated
Jan 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Oct 2014
Triple-A said:
Susumu Hirasawa anyone???

He did the berserk OST and Satoshi Kons Paprica, Paranoia Agent, Millennium Actress.
He is a good composer, but I imagine he may not ring with everyone because he has a particular style that can really offsetting and jarring to many. His soundtracks have an almost uncomfortable and eerie felling to them at times.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 6 minutes ago

3 by Gator »»
3 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

26 by Dauphine »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 9 hours ago

36 by TheFlyingSoda »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

73 by iftsistrnn »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

79 by nyugvo6 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.