Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2009 5:30 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
620 days, and it's finally done.

I believe this series would've been better, stronger if it was only 13 episodes. Or 15. This final episode was pretty neat, I liked the idea of making the MRI system independent of the Police.
KinetaMar 30, 2013 3:33 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 28, 2009 8:47 AM

Jul 2007
Explosive ending ^^
Lots of ppl sddenly waking up after getting a heart attack and being shot dead... but I must admit, it's probably one of the better endings I've seen...

damn, it took ages to finally finish the series!!! glad I didnt drop it though.

cyruz said:
I liked the idea of making the MRI system independent of the Police.

I guess it's a moot point now, as it's destroyed and the people who built it are dead...

though admittedly I have no idea whats going on in the manga...
Dec 28, 2009 9:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Are you sure they're dead? I thought that at first, too, when they were walking around on the grass etc. But then the figure of the guy who did the technical stuff end was murdered kind of faded out if I recall correctly, so it could've been Paradisos and not Heaven, heh. Maybe that's wishful thinking but at the end of the episode I wasn't convinced that everyone died.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 29, 2009 5:30 AM

Jul 2007
No, it was said 5 ppl survived, so I don't think the living members of the unit died, but I meant all the ppl involved with building and programming the system are dead - the professors and the technicians... (and also the document Maki received probably burned...)
Dec 29, 2009 10:03 AM

Aug 2008
myth720 said:

cyruz said:
I liked the idea of making the MRI system independent of the Police.

I guess it's a moot point now, as it's destroyed and the people who built it are dead...

though admittedly I have no idea whats going on in the manga...

The back up is still running, so I'm guessing it becomes the main MRI system now. And, if they looked at Onogida, Schubert, and the other guy's brains, I'm sure they'd see how to recreate the system.

I thought the ending was pretty good, though more could have been done to set up Amachi's death and the police chief. I feel like we never really saw enough about them to be as affected as we should have been.

Still though, after almost a year and a half, the show was worth the wait.
7/10.
Dec 30, 2009 10:32 PM

Apr 2008
I enjoyed the series. I'm happy to finally be able to finish it.

It's a little bit regretful that the jerk cop that Wasn't a bad guy died too, but only a little.
I am glad that the remaining members of the team survived and were able to take control of the back up system.

At the end I think they were all just walking with the memories of their friends, since they were in the place where their brains data was stored. More figurative than literal, you know.

I wasn't expecting so much tragedy to hit them members of the team. I didn't want to see any of them die.
Jan 9, 2010 1:09 AM

Jun 2007
I'm glad that i waited to watch all final episodes at once and damn it was short on the end. I don't see why people hate Aoki, i though he was the best character out of all MRI members, even thought would have been great to see Aoki x the doctor getting together finally.
Feb 23, 2010 3:34 PM

Aug 2007
So.. are we going to act like that random scene from the ending of episode 20 didn't happen? Seriously, what was that?! I was waiting for an answer this whole time!

Anyway, good anime. 8/10 because Maki is hot, and the ending was pretty cool.
Oct 6, 2010 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
Loved the series. There's nothing much i'd like to say except the MRI being a cool system. I didn't like all those other MRI operators getting killed but it pushed the series to be more mysteries. Loved the big surprise at the end where everything was told in less than 2 minutes...truly a great story.

9/10
Jan 14, 2011 5:07 AM

Sep 2008
I'm going to just assume that Aoki and Yukiko got together. Yup, they did. >=[
It was a pretty intense episode, people getting shot and not dead. That's why you have to overkill... or take the weapon right away.
The series was very entertaining with great characters acting like a family. Definitely a good watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2011 6:43 AM

Mar 2009
Really great series.
Jul 4, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
I really enjoyed this anime :)

I do have a few questions though. I enjoyed the story of the president who was interested in his daughter's boyfriend who turned out to be a terrorist. Who killed the president and his daughter's boyfriend? The storyline was interesting. I wish it could have been developed more :(

Did anyone else think that Aoki's sister was interested in him as well? I haven't seen anyone else mention this in the discussion yet. Subtle hints: In the hospital, she mentioned that everyone has secrets that they don't want other people to know. When Aoki was at her wedding and told her she looked beautiful, she started blushing also.

I was hoping that doctor would have died >:(

I felt really bad for Maki. He lost his best friend to that doctor and then lost Aoki to her also. That's why Maki said he knew they would fall for each other (since Aoki was similar to Suzuki). I wanted to see Maki express his feelings (love) more. It could have even been his own private thoughts. I hope Maki will be able to tell him how he really feels since Aoki told him that at the end.
VampireHunterDJul 4, 2013 3:33 PM
Jan 11, 2014 1:29 AM

Apr 2013
What a terrible ending. It's obvious that they had to do an anime original end because the manga wasn't finished, but damn, this was about as rushed and nonsensical as you can get. What was up with the room with the backups? There's no way that room existed. What about the president and his assassin? There's also no way that they could've rigged the MRI to trigger a huge explosion just because it got shot. What if someone just bumped into it really hard? Would it still have exploded? What a waste.
Mar 6, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
It was kind of hard to believe that Maki would fall for that hypnosis. I mean Aoki, who's still technically a newbie, figured it out by himself. How come someone like Maki, who has been repeatedly praised by his subordinates for his incredible perceptiveness ,didn't?

I kind of wish the chief suffered more but dead is dead I suppose. Such a shame his brain will never be examined. Nagamine's dead too so yay!

The ending was pretty obvious. The five members left in section 9 all survived as mentioned by the rescuers and confirmed going by Yukiko's relieved expression. The ending bit was probably the team in Paradisos revisiting their friends' memories. Unless there's a blueprint for the MRI somewhere, section 9 is probably going to be disbanded.

Amachi :( I didn't think I'd be sad over her death. *sigh*

9/10.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 15, 2015 3:54 AM

Jan 2012
decent watch overall

the phaggy blonde hair dude def. got a crush on his old partner and aoki

shit climax at the end

very disappointed they didn't focus more on aoki x sister complex

gay president was lulzy

7.1/10
Jun 14, 2015 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
I'm not quite sure about the ending, I feel they could've done better considering all the amazing arcs we've been seeing.
But I guess I can live with it, it was a decent ending.

Lots of things still unanswered regarding Maki.
Kainuma could've had more air time aswell, mostly regarding the people he's killed etc.

I'm glad the 5 of them did survive, now Aoki can get a relationship with Miyoshi.
And Maki ... well I'm sure he can find a suitable partner some day.

9/10

*Edit - Forgot to mention that I'm really suprised this anime is hardly known.
Not sure why, it's not like Madhouse isnt well known, especially with their earlier work: Death Note, Dennou Coil and Monster.
PrOxAntoJun 14, 2015 2:52 PM
Aug 14, 2015 11:12 PM
Sep 2014
Wait, i thought they died at the end. We have seen all members of the team, dead and alive one how they disappear, doesnt that mean since they all vanish in the credits that they are dead? They ended up on that field which looks like paradise/backup room. I just keep thinking they are all dead, looks good to me that way.
Im just sad they killed Amaichi in such a random episode. Her death was waste, instead of going for shock factor they should have made better episode for her death.
Mar 19, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2013
That ending was disappointing, the chief was the bad guy and Nagamine was a "good" guy.
The anime was interesting, I feel bad about Amachi's death and about Maki having to kill his friend because of Kainuma.
Nov 12, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2011
Lmao disappointing indeed. ^ The ending was nice, ending song even nicer, but the second half has been pretty damn meh, ever since they dwelve deeper into the whole Suzuki case, the whole saga was weak. I much prefer the simple version of just case by case mini arc. The first half was interesting, gruesome, dark, but eventually it became "who want to suck Aoki's hormone filled D", wish they could've just stayed as comrade, and I mean that woman who got her brain removed from her and sent to section 9, definitely would've made the ending credit scene even more beautiful.

No use complaining about it now, it was definitely a missed opportunity imo.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 21, 2019 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
That last scene confused the hell out me. Who is dead and who is alive?
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 7, 2023 12:34 AM

Jun 2019
My 215th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
May 13, 2023 1:46 AM
May 2023
Weak ending, eager to blow up everything for maximum drama, but forgetting coherence in the process.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 28, 2008

22 by Teletuu »»
Feb 26, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation Episode 1 Discussion

hyunnie14 - Apr 14, 2008

49 by VirtueHunter »»
Oct 24, 2020 11:11 AM

Poll: » Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 16, 2008

13 by WatchTillTandava »»
Apr 29, 2020 5:20 PM

Poll: » Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation Episode 24 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 24, 2009

12 by Vaiketime2025 »»
Apr 15, 2017 6:00 PM

Poll: » Himitsu: Top Secret - The Revelation Episode 14 Discussion

cyruz - Feb 14, 2009

11 by Vaiketime2025 »»
Jan 21, 2017 5:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.