Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2015 4:18 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, their first game, and they won! And what a way too, walk off homer in the bottom of the ninth in the rain! :D Great start to be sure, but man the way Yusaku was staring down Kasumi on the train...he wants her baaaaad. :D Might she be beginning to feel the same?
Mar 9, 2017 2:30 AM

Dec 2015
The game was surprisingly fun to watch for someone who hates sports in general and is usually annoyed by baseball moments in cinema (randomly... D.a.r.y.l.).
This has been helped by the aunt's presence and Mikimoto (a great comedic support).

animefan8800 said:
he wants her baaaaad.

The good thing is that it is not presented in such a tasteless way, unlike a lot of today's works.
The romance is very well done until now. The characters aren't "jerks" and are able to control themselves, and to enjoy the little they can get from each other.

5/5
Rei_IIIMar 9, 2017 2:38 AM
Feb 20, 2022 5:52 AM

Jan 2018
So we're finally into baseball now.
Since this show was made after Touch you can notice a lot of improvement in animation even though the manga of Hiatari Ryoukou! came first. As in, I enjoyed the baseball match way more than I did in early Touch. It could also be the fact that I didn't know/care about baseball before watching Touch. Now I kinda do albeit very slightly.
That being said, the music of Touch is a lot better than Hiatari Ryouko! So, take your pick.

New development in the plot, Kasumi's boyfriend comes to Japan on the first day of Koshien or something. Yusaku is planning to lose on purpose so she can see him.
But why? Even if she's unable to pick him up from the airport or something they could still meet up after the fact. Iirc he's planning to go there to spend his summer vacation which should last for a while. Unless Kasumi and the others have to move to a different location to attend Koshien because of her responsibilities as a manager I don't see the issue. Even then she could quit being the manager and go back to her original club.
0451Feb 20, 2022 11:21 AM

More topics from this board

» Episode Titles

Nekoweazle - Oct 10, 2023

0 by Nekoweazle »»
Oct 10, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Hiatari Ryoukou! Episode 22 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jan 4, 2016

4 by WizardOfOss »»
Aug 23, 2023 11:47 AM

Poll: » Hiatari Ryoukou! Episode 1 Discussion

Danshikun - Nov 9, 2011

6 by SnowxFlower »»
Mar 26, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Hiatari Ryoukou! Episode 18 Discussion

animefan8800 - Jan 1, 2016

4 by AfifP »»
Feb 14, 2023 11:51 PM

Poll: » Hiatari Ryoukou! Episode 48 Discussion

Rei_III - Jul 3, 2017

9 by FlamingMangos »»
Jan 26, 2023 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.