Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2015 7:32 PM

Dec 2015
I'm one of those people who rarely Rewatch a Anime, because i already know what is going to happen in the anime.

The question is why do you rewatch a Anime?

Like to hear some other opinion than mine.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2015 7:37 PM

Nov 2015
I haven't either but if I were to Rewatch anime I would be because I haven't been successful in finding good anime to watch, I'm bored and also for them nostalgic feels..
Dec 27, 2015 7:38 PM

Oct 2012
Because I can simply enjoy the same thing more than once, when I was a kid, I watched the same animated series and movies over and over again, it's no different now.
Dec 27, 2015 7:41 PM

May 2015
To get a proper understanding about certain series (like, well, Monogatari series)
CouranosDec 27, 2015 7:41 PM
Dec 27, 2015 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
1. You know it's going to be good (assuming you liked it the first time)

2. To catch additional details that you may have missed for shows that are more on the vague side

3. etc
Dec 27, 2015 8:01 PM

Feb 2013
I rewatch anime that is worth rewatching. If I feel like watching something again, I do. That is all.

For example, I started rewatching Evangelion again. Within a few seconds of the first episode, I was reminded why I gave it a 10... and that a lot of the more recent anime that I've been watching can't even compare.

Generally speaking, I rewatch because I enjoy the show. It also keeps my sense of what-score-means-what from drifting. "this" is a 10, "this" is a 7, etc. My rewatch rate per anime has been dropping since I keep watching more, so it takes longer to get around to rewatching everything... seems to be 2-3 years at this point.
Dec 27, 2015 8:13 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just to enjoy its greatness once more.

Only few anime are rewatchable

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 27, 2015 8:14 PM

Jan 2008
Always fun to rewatch something you really enjoyed and note the things you missed out on the previous time you watched through.
Dec 27, 2015 8:28 PM

Jul 2014
I don't, but a show like FLCL I will because it's short and I like it alot too.
Dec 27, 2015 8:49 PM

Sep 2013
Some of my reasons:
1. When I want to show an anime to a friend we will often just watch it together.
2. Nostalgia, I rewatched Megaman NT Warrior and Excess since I rembered loving it as a kid.
3. To compare the dub of an anime to the original and then just getting hooked again :P Most of the time it's just a couple of episodes though. Sometimes I'll do this for a few episodes with an older series to see if I want to watch it dubbed or subbed.
4. Just to relive the experience especially after it's been awhile, epically true with movies since they are short.
Dec 27, 2015 9:05 PM

Oct 2014
The longest anime I've rewatched is Spirited Away which I rewatched as a child and again as an adult to cleanse my bad experiences I had with it as a child. I haven't rewatched any full length series before. As a kid I would rewatch the same movies dozens of times but there are so many anime I want to watch that it would feel like a waste of time to do the same with anime.
Dec 27, 2015 9:08 PM

May 2014
I rewatch shows all the time(I'm bad at keeping track of them on MAL, though.)

I usually rewatch it with a friend or my little brother, so I can see them experience the same thing I did, but also so I can once again appreciate the show which captivated me and I enjoyed in the first place

hell I rewatched ALL of hunter x hunter with my brother the first two weeks of this month, and you know what? I'd watch it again. Right now. Because I enjoyed every part of it and I'll enjoy it again
Dec 27, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2015
I don't watch, maybe when a lot of time has passed, then i might consider, because probably have forgot about it by then
Dec 27, 2015 9:55 PM

Dec 2014
To get a better understanding about the anime.
Dec 27, 2015 9:58 PM

Dec 2015
Because I really like the anime and would love to see it again.
Dec 27, 2015 10:03 PM

Oct 2014
Most of the time, it's because I want to see a memorable scene once again. It could be a character giving a memorable speech, an iconic villain finally making his entrance but usually, it's because something hilarious happened, especially when its one of those "it's not what it looks like" moments.
Dec 27, 2015 10:11 PM

Feb 2015
Most of the anime you've seen isn't worth re-watching, Chyrix.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Dec 27, 2015 10:13 PM

Mar 2013
I only rewatch anime if I enjoyed it way too much. It's fun to see enjoyable things more than once.
Dec 27, 2015 10:49 PM

Dec 2015
cause it's too awesome XD
and sometime cause I get too bore
“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.” -Bansky
Dec 27, 2015 10:55 PM

Jun 2015
Because I enjoyed a show and want to experience it again.

Caelidesu said:
Most of the anime you've seen isn't worth re-watching, Chyrix.
-50% compatibility with him. Woow.
Dec 27, 2015 11:36 PM

Dec 2015
I don't re-watch but planning to do that in the future. Some reasons that might get me into re-watching,
1) Watched a show as a kid & didn't understand s***t (probably cause, I was too busy looking for Oppai) also, missed some intricate details or the plot sth like that.
2) Pure Nostalgia
3) Don't have anything to watch
Dec 28, 2015 12:02 AM

Nov 2014
To relive the experience, and hear/see things I may have missed the first time.

I don't lock every detail of movies and shows in memory. When I re-watch something after a year it often feels like I'm watching it for the first time.
Dec 28, 2015 12:02 AM

Jan 2012
Sometimes its because its a show I greatly enjoyed before and I would like to watch it again to get that same sort of experiences again. Shows like K-ON! and recently GuP fit into this mold. Of course, sometimes these rematches can change my perspective on shows I greatly enjoyed before, and I find myself not quite liking them as much. Madoka was one such show that I absolutely loved a couple years ago, and with a rewatch my feelings towards it have mellowed out considerably (though I still like it a lot)

Right now I am rewatching Tamako Market, a show I absolutely disliked beforehand, because i am incredibly fond of Tamako Love Story and the director herself. I've had a greater liking to the show overall, and while it still has some issues its a very genuine production with great visual direction. I'm enjoying it much more on a second viewing.

I think its pretty important to rewatch shows, especially those we consider it our favorites. It can give us a new perspective, a greater understanding of a show's flaws and problems, and overall better understand our own tastes as they continue to evolve and change.
ApplesDec 28, 2015 12:05 AM
Dec 28, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2010
While this varies from show to show, the anime I rewatch often have small details to them when, upon rewatching, I'd continuously uncover with each rewatch. I'm surprised at the amount of little things I missed in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, where the smallest details had either effects on the plot, or were metaphoric references to the state of things. One of the biggest moments I continuously glossed over until my last rewatch was the fork in the road around the middle of the film. Just...damn.

I also rewatch certain shows where there's a new season or movie that was released, so I'd like to refresh my memory on the series before moving on. I recently rewatched all of The iDOLM@STER in preparation for the film since I like that continuous narrative. Plus, it's been long enough that I might not have remembered everything, so it was worth the rewatch to set myself up for the film.

There are also cases where I'd just like to rewatch something for the heck of it, either for nostalgia or just because I like reliving old moments. Or I dunno, maybe I'd just like to rewatch shows to see if they still hold up. I think this could be said for all my favorites, all of which I've rewatched at least once. It's also to make sure that I wasn't just blinded by the razzle dazzle of an initial viewing. A great show can be enjoyed once, but a true favorite, I'd say, can be enjoyed over and over, either retaining its initial luster or becoming increasingly brilliant upon each viewing. This is probably my greatest incentive to rewatch things.
Dec 28, 2015 12:34 AM

Apr 2012
Sometimes I just want to see certain things again. If I truly liked a show there's usually moments that stuck with me and I rewatch it so I can see those moments again. One of the reasons I've seen Kenichi so many times is because I love some of the fights in it such as Hermit vs Beserker and Kenichi vs Odin I just never get tired of those.

Sometimes I will just rewatch episodes though if that's all I feel like doing.
Dec 28, 2015 5:45 AM

May 2015
I only rewatch my favorite episodes xD But I think I might rewatch Steins Gate because I forgot like.. almost everything xD
Dec 28, 2015 5:51 AM

Sep 2015
Most of the series that I've rewatched are all comedies. I love shows which make me laugh.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Dec 28, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
1. It's so damn good I can't get sick of it no matter how many times I watch it.
2. I have forgotten what happened and need to watch again.
Dec 28, 2015 5:59 AM

Aug 2015
lalabella said:
1. It's so damn good I can't get sick of it no matter how many times I watch it.
2. I have forgotten what happened and need to watch again.

This are exactly the reasons why I rewatch things. And even, if you do know what happens, who cares? You are still gonna like it ^_^.

Dec 28, 2015 6:01 AM

Jun 2012
If the anime have a certain setting and/or atmosphere that I love, I could rewatch it to experience it again.
♬♪♫
RateYourMusic
LastFM
♬♪♫
Dec 28, 2015 6:04 AM
N/A

Jan 2014
I rarely rewatch but if I do it has to be because the Anime has hilarious moments or awesome fights.
Dec 28, 2015 6:06 AM

Jan 2014
Preferences change. I remember finding a lot of anime from certain genres interesting and extremely enjoyable back when I just started. However, as you continue watching you notice similar scenarios, similar characters, similar stories. Now I re-watch to see if they really were that good.

Plus, some anime are just freaking fantastic and deserve that re-watch.

Dec 28, 2015 6:36 AM
Dec 2013
To re-experience and wanting to get to know an anime inside-out. Anime like Hunter x Hunter has so much detail in its writing, that it's impossible to remember all of it the first time around (not to mention that every episode is enjoyable to watch). I always learn something new every time I rewatch either versions of that show. There are also anime that have foreshadowing early on that I wouldn't have known about until I finished the anime and watched it again.
Dec 28, 2015 7:10 AM

Mar 2015
I rewatch anime to see if it is as good as I thought it was or to remember the past.
Dec 28, 2015 7:26 AM

Apr 2015
Rogue0022 said:
I rewatch anime to see if it is as good as I thought it was or to remember the past.

Really?

Hdhrhebdjdbdbdejsnbshebsusbdhs she she
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2015 7:43 AM

Dec 2015
Thank you guys and girls Now i have seen all the opinions you guys/girls have.
Glad to see there is more then one opinion.
Dec 28, 2015 7:45 AM

May 2014
I like to rewatch series sometimes. Right now I'm rewatching Sailor Moon because I loved it.
Dec 28, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2012
Cause the anime is good/enjoyable.
Kotarou_Dec 28, 2015 7:48 AM
Dec 28, 2015 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
Because I got nothing else to watch, or just feel like watching it again because it was good.
Dec 28, 2015 7:50 AM

Dec 2014
Very often it occurs that you learn/grasp new things in a show (regardless of the medium) when you watch it a second, third time e.t.c. This is also apparent in things such as books.
Dec 28, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
So you can find out why you rated it as such.
Dec 28, 2015 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
Because I love it.
For example, I've watched the 6 seasons of Hetalia god knows how many times. It cheers me up if I feel down. It makes me laugh and I will never get tired of it.
Then I also rewatch things that have a dub released after the sub.

Dec 28, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Just because I feel like it.

Sometimes I don't remember much from the show I remember I really liked, so I feel the need to rewatch it.

Then again sometimes I might rewatch something I've seen quite recently, but in that case I'm usually introducing it to someone, or at least I'm usually not watching it alone.

And yes, watching something again often gives deeper understanding to it, but I can't bring myself to rewatch something purely for this reason.
Dec 28, 2015 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
Because I love re-watching anime series and moments that happened when
I first watched the anime/scenes and still make impacts on me... etc.
Dec 28, 2015 8:57 AM

Jul 2015
I am a HUGE rewatch guy... i've spent more hours re-watching than watching original anime...

the reason honestly is because i'm just weird like that... whenever bored i'd pull up old anime and just watch it again and again and again... many years back i didn't bother looking for new online content, instead i'd just watch what i already owned on either dvd or vhs...

also often times when going to bed i put tv on an old anime and watch til i fall asleep...

i also like re-watching if i'm introducing the show to a friend... or my wife...

and lastly, when they come available i will watch english dubs of anything i've previously watched in sub...
Mar 12, 2017 10:14 AM

Aug 2016
I feel like i haven't even seen that much anime, but all i can think of is rewatching my favourite ones.

Did you guys had the same problem? Or is it just me.

Iam always looking for that 'wow' element feeling like when i first started watching but i never get it anymore :((((((.
crajjMar 12, 2017 10:24 AM

Reach out

Mar 12, 2017 10:15 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
very very very very rarely, however i rewatch specific types of scenes all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 12, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
I only rewatch anime when showing my fav shows to friends and family.

Aug 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
very very very very rarely, however i rewatch specific types of scenes all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I guess this could work, but my favourite animes all have that that special 'wow' element. Like i want to feel it again, if you know what i mean.

Reach out

Apr 2016
Yes im rewatching anime, because why not ?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

30 by shiro-seishun »»
2 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 5 hours ago

2 by TRC_Randy »»
4 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

41 by Ende_uraa »»
27 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 11 hours ago

44 by _FRB_ »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 8 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.