Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2009 1:04 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Here goes the spicy fruits-chan plot again. It felt funnier than before. Still filler until the end.

Feels like there will be a third season to me - pure speculation
Dec 27, 2009 7:47 PM

May 2007
Proselyt said:

OMG I hope so!

Dec 28, 2009 9:54 AM

Jun 2008
I hope so as well. Hilarious show, I don't read the manga so no idea about what was filler content, but I enjoyed this episode. Again so much was left hanging so there better be another season. I love the work this author does. :)

It was nice seeing Eri-chan. :)
Dec 28, 2009 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, it's not Natsu no Arashi without an episode about "dangerous" fruit inventions. Anyways, I almost thought this was going to be a drama episode with the beginning. It was nice to see more of this show, but I wish they would spend more time on the drama instead of the comedy. The comedy gets old frequently, but the drama and character development scenes are very good (just a pity that each season only has two or three of these episodes at most).

Anyways, on a final note... lol @ the Hanamaru Yochien preview at the end.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 28, 2009 3:23 PM

Oct 2008
The salt man got his salt !!
Dec 28, 2009 3:49 PM

Aug 2007
laoder said:

just a thought. if he got his salt, then it must have been the real end.

still hoping for third season though since i loved the development. this series is such a hidden gem, very underrated imo.
Dec 28, 2009 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
2 things I have to say:

1. I WANT MOAR!
2. When there is more, I want the first episode to say that the flask the salt-man got wasn't filled with salt!
Dec 28, 2009 4:56 PM
Nov 2008
I'm sincerely hoping there's a 3rd season.

It would be a waste of a good series if it concluded here. (albeit it does seem that way)
Dec 28, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2007
Who made the sundae???? I refuse to believe they actually made it
Dec 28, 2009 8:02 PM
May 2008
I too hope a season three is in the works, it would be very disappointing to just leave it as is. This series truly has been a hidden gem imo, so underrated.

This season overall was very good so, 8/10.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Dec 28, 2009 9:37 PM

Mar 2009
skullking123 said:

It was actually Yayoi and Kanako.. They added some wasabi in it -_-.
alamarco said:

And who's Eri-chan?
Mokyuu♥~!!

Dec 28, 2009 11:06 PM

May 2008
laoder said:
tigerz said:
laoder said:

still hoping for third season though since i loved the development. this series is such a hidden gem, very underrated imo.
It was about time too that he got the salt!
It was a surprise that Takakura Ken made an appearance in the restaurant.

Their is never enough Wasabi!
3rd season sounds good..
Dec 29, 2009 1:52 AM

Sep 2008
I hope that this might be the end of the series; I just can't see it going any further... or further back now.

I'm happy that Hajime got his just desserts at the end though. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2009 3:58 AM

Mar 2008
No it's not end.
Arashi said " My summer has not ended yet" So There will be third season... I hope.

Dec 29, 2009 5:29 AM

Nov 2008
Saygram said:
No it's not end.
Arashi said " My summer has not ended yet" So There will be third season... I hope.

I got the same impression. Although I don't think it'll be soon... :<
But I'll be hoping for it. <3

Oh, and these names are always so sweet, like Cute Q-chan or Lovely Kiwi-kun :3
It's such a pity this season has already ended. :<
Dec 29, 2009 5:42 AM

May 2009
OH MY GOD! The saltman actually got his salt this time.
Dec 29, 2009 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
Seems like I skipped episode 12. Too bad the show isn't serailized enough for me to know when I've skipped an episode. As for this being the final episode, I'm disappointed. Total joke rehash with a couple of twists that made me feel like if there is going to be another season, we won't hear them again.

Somehow, though, the show was funny enough for me to not drop it to a 6.
7/10
Dec 29, 2009 2:46 PM

Jul 2008
laoder said:
And that is why I will not say how stupid this last ep was >.> oh my I just did..

noteDhero said:
Seems like I skipped episode 12.
seems like I skipped it too. didn't notice until I updated my list..

Saygram said:
No it's not end.
Well if there ever will be a third season I'm not watchin it. First season was better..this season got boring..I'll give this show 7/10 just for the fact the salt guy finally got his salt^^

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry. I didn't really love you but I'm pretty when I lie.

Dec 29, 2009 2:54 PM

Mar 2009
tigerz said:
laoder said:

And Hideo actually got what he ordered, another bad sign.
You'll regret this...
Dec 29, 2009 3:31 PM
Nov 2008
Saygram said:
No it's not end.

I hope so to!!
Dec 29, 2009 6:08 PM

Nov 2007
Ah, salt guy got the salt. :D But they still didn't work out Jun is a girl, so there's room for another season if they want one further down the track.
Dec 29, 2009 6:53 PM

Jun 2007
They have enough content in the manga to make another season. The jokes are still corny and repetitive though :(.

Was a decent series. I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd.
Dec 30, 2009 4:31 PM

Jul 2008
yet another explosive fruit, and now there 4 of them! and thats that, the beginning had me going for a sec, but it doesn't look like we'll get to see them growing older
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Dec 31, 2009 1:47 AM

Sep 2007
Same joke from the first episode of first season.
But with a Kiwi.
And Salt Man ... YEY !
But anyways, a good season but not good like the first one.
Dec 31, 2009 9:37 AM
Jul 2008
lmaonade said:
skullking123 said:

alamarco said:

And who's Eri-chan?

Dude!!! Are you talking a girl AND BOY from Negima! or about School Rumble???
Jan 1, 2010 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
So, what's this with Hajime being .. Older? ( ゚,_ゝ゚) (5 years!?)
What was that about anyway? ┐(๏_๏)┌
Whatever, on with it..
So Yasaka made another spicy fruit-thingy? ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
He actually got the salt (゚⊿゚)
And now, there are 3 of the spicy kiwis? ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Hey why am I not surprised that they ran into eachother and got the 3 super-spicy kiwis mixed up ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Takakura Ken entered the shop (゚⊿゚)
Sunglasses actually got the correct dish (゚⊿゚) (Although with some wasabi in it)
Somehow.. I doubt Kiwi Cream Puffs are any good.. At least it doesn't sound very good (¬_¬)
Lol, so now there's one kiwi left? And that's supposedly the one Sungla- OH Kaya ate one (‐^▽^‐)
But wait.. Who then made the fourth one then? ..Oh lol, I see.. I see what they did thar. ( ̄ー ̄)
Cutie Papaya, sounds cool lol ⊂( ゚ヮ゚)⊃

laoder said:
Biribiri said:
And Hideo actually got what he ordered, another bad sign.
Yup, gotta say, considering these two facts, there's little chance of another season. Not only that, Takakura Ken actually entered the Hakobune this time (・3・ア
But still, Arashi's last sentence suggests otherwise, as some have stated. (´・ω・`)
I wouldn't mind another season, but when Takakura Ken has actually arrived and Saltman actually got his salt.. Gee I dunno man (ΘεΘ;)

Tl;dr 8.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 1, 2010 9:55 PM

May 2009
Oosran said:

I wouldn't mind another season, but when Takakura Ken has actually arrived and Saltman actually got his salt.. Gee I dunno man (ΘεΘ;)

Tl;dr 8.

Maybe next summer.... Cuz they only appear on summer(tho this seasons weren't on summer) xD
Jan 2, 2010 3:21 AM

Sep 2009
This episode was pretty funny...but to me it's not that great as an ending episode. I hope there's a third season...or at least an ova or two to wrap things up.
Jan 6, 2010 10:28 PM
Nov 2007
Hey, I have a question about the first scene when Hajime got older. Did Arashi really break up wit him and connected with another boy? Or is it just part of a story that Hajime was writing? Because at the very end of that scene, the screen returned to Hajime at ag 13 and writing a story....0_o?
Jan 7, 2010 7:38 AM

Nov 2008
I actually thought that this season was a lot better than its predecessor. The story was better laid out, though I was kind of sad they didn't show more of the future scene between Arashi and Hajime, which was pretty weird. I wondered what he looked like at that age. This episode wasn't that bad, but there wasn't a real conclusion to the whole story.

And yes, even though these two seasons have highly been under-appreciated and watched, I really hope for a third one. There's definitely enough material with 6 volumes.

8/10 overall.
Jan 13, 2010 1:33 AM

Dec 2008
confuser987 said:
lmaonade said:
skullking123 said:

alamarco said:

And who's Eri-chan?

Dude!!! Are you talking a girl AND BOY from Negima! or about School Rumble???

Yeah, Eri-chan is Sawachika Eri (she's my forum avatar lol).. but yeah that was not her in this episode. It's slightly deceiving because Asuna has blonde hair in the episode (not the first time they distort the hair color of cameo characters) but you can barely see her bell. Also, that's clearly Negi, he even has his Ala Alba pin on his chest haha.

As for a third season, I'd love for it to happen..but I feel like they might not do it. At the end of season one, it said "I'll be back!" at the end; this one ended with "oshimai", or "the end". I'm hoping it's just because he didn't immediately get a third season to follow this one..but I feel like it may be the actual end of the anime.
Jan 18, 2010 6:23 AM

May 2008
Here goes the spicy fruits-chan plot again. It felt funnier than before. Still filler until the end.

Jan 26, 2010 2:23 AM

May 2009
laoder said:

What else could you ask for? I wouldn't have any complaints if they ended it right then and there.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Feb 3, 2010 8:47 PM

May 2007
laoder said:

So nice. Anyway a movie or OVA to finish it would be greatly appreciated.
My anime list
Mar 11, 2010 9:43 AM

Aug 2009
I enjoyed the show.I thought that was funny how the salt man was being teased before he finally got some salt and Hideo actually got what he ordered(although I imagine everyone watching the show was like why is he giving his order to the girl who never gets it right)
Apr 13, 2010 10:28 PM
Jul 2009
Nooooo. It's over....I gave the original an 8/10. I enjoyed the second season more. I'm torn between 8-9/10. 8.5?
May 24, 2010 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
laoder said:
Holy shit.
Third season plz.
Jun 26, 2010 6:22 PM

Nov 2009
I loved the show overall. However I didn't enjoy many of the random episodes that didn't really progress the relationships between the characters. With all those filler episodes that didn't hit my funny bone i am handing it a 7/10. Hopefully the third season will come out and pick up the story again sometime in the future.
Aug 1, 2010 8:50 AM

Mar 2008
Proselyt said:
Here goes the spicy fruits-chan plot again...Still filler until the end.

Feels like there will be a third season to me

Agreed!

SALT MAN! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2010 6:53 PM

Jul 2010
I wonder why Hajime won't go and see Arashi again the next summer after he's grown up...i thought Hajime was totally head over heels for Arashi...maybe he and Jun gets together...? LOL It's been an entire year since the Akinaichuu...so I doubt there'd be any S3 at all. The manga was is still yet to be fully scanlated...so i can't wait until the finished scanlations come out in like 2015....LOL. One of the best series i've ever watched. ENCORE!

P.S. I wish we could get to see more Arashi and Hajime
Jan 20, 2011 7:07 PM

Mar 2010
donutsonfire said:
I wonder why Hajime won't go and see Arashi again the next summer after he's grown up...i thought Hajime was totally head over heels for Arashi...maybe he and Jun gets together...?

Um.. that was just the intro..and he was writing a story again and forgot the Kanji again.

----
I sure wish it wasn't so full of fillers all the way to the end..
But it did end somewhat well.

This is my pure opinion, but somehow I think everything would be just fine between the ghosts and everyone else. In the near beginning of the series they said that they can't feel things like normal people. But when Arashi said "It stung a little and it burned a little, after drinking from Hajimes cup it made me think of it as a happier ending then it seems. Like their "existance" is becoming real again.
Mar 10, 2011 4:38 AM
Dec 2010
I'd love to see some proper end, guess this was the way they do the thing on their own .. i liked Q-chan scenes .. i live how they combine logical connection with that chaotic craziness that always happens in that Café-shop haha ..

I wanna 3rd season definitely!!
it took me time to get used to type of animation they used but then it was/is really great anime.
Seems like they let back-door open for another season, i hope there will be more .. It was so much fun watching those 2 already aired seasons haha.
big positives next to other great points of this show were "NO to> lady-like dude" "NO to > overflowing fanservis" "something u can think about-can u change history?" "difference from other shows" "logical and funny explanation/connection to how things happened trough episode" "etc...."
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 13, 2012 10:18 PM

Nov 2011
Not the best episode to end things off tbh but still enjoyable overall series.

7/10
Nov 13, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2012
Love the ep...and whole season! Hope there will be more in the future...to see progress in Hajime - Arashi relationship and stuff.

As this season end it kind of looks like end and more or less is nicely closed...but again...there is more questions that needs answers.

Can't wait for more...if there is going to be any! Fingers crossed.. ;)
Mar 6, 2013 7:22 PM

Jan 2012
Still no s3?

ah, i forgot the score I was going to give to this anime.
I remember it had a lot of belly buttons on it.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 7, 2013 2:49 PM

Sep 2007
This was a fab end to the series. I love time travel in anime and this series was really clever with it ...

Mar 2, 2014 11:19 PM

May 2012
Expected a bit more for this last episode but I was more than happy that the salt man finally got some salt! Pretty decent ending for this series in general!

All by all I sure liked the randomness and sometimes real good story/character development so all by all it was a pretty good series!
Mar 26, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2012
Ahhh the spicy fruit chan episode XD. What a fitting last episode. Felt the S1 nostalgia.

Not as good as S1 but still a decent sequel. The plot felt a bit directionless but the charm of the show was still there. Loved all of the characters, which is rare. Good watch! I'm guessing there won't be a s3 because once the salt man gets his salt, the world ends. XD

7/10

Jun 19, 2014 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
pretty good anime no real plot development but it's by the same auther a school rumble so wasn't really expexting it
if they ever made a season 3 I'd def watch but its been like 4 years :<
[/quote]
Oct 11, 2015 3:17 PM

Aug 2013
I'm kinda disappointed. First season was much better than this one.
Too much comedy, first season was balanced very nice (and more funny too).
So this is the end? I expected something more.... Spectacular?
I don't know, I feel insufficiency.
Season 1 9/10
Season 2 7/10

Edit, there is a continuation in manga! Probably most interesting and saddest part of story. Unfortunately my Japanese is not that good yet to read something in Japanese. There is no scans also...
rsc-plOct 11, 2015 3:34 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu Episode 9 Discussion

datsunvic - Nov 29, 2009

31 by Perrin4869 »»
Jun 5, 2023 1:12 AM

» Tracklist

anizawa89 - Apr 13, 2019

2 by anizawa89 »»
Jun 20, 2022 7:13 PM

» I was so lost in the last episode.

Ball_of_Butter - Jul 13, 2021

2 by X-Desert-X »»
May 30, 2022 11:27 AM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu Episode 8 Discussion

rabids0ap - Nov 22, 2009

29 by Izayoi1661 »»
Jun 25, 2021 6:22 AM

Poll: » Natsu no Arashi! Akinaichuu Episode 5 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Nov 1, 2009

28 by NathanielGibbs »»
Apr 28, 2020 4:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.