Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Apr 3, 2016 2:06 PM

Apr 2008
First season was decent, we had a reasonable amount of character development and story was heading somewhere. Second season was shit, story was going nowhere and character development was none existent.

During the first season I thought it would be interesting to see when and how the plot will move into 3 way battle. But second season completely failed to engage me. While watching remaining 5 episodes, a thought kept on creeping into my head...

It was "How long until it ends?".
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 8, 2016 12:17 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, it was kinda messy overall. Still not a fan of action and fantasy, I guess.

I do like the idea of Mika and Yuu being reunited and fighting on the same team now, though.
Apr 17, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2011
Shinoa's teasing is the only reason why I continue to watch every episode of this anime...
Apr 17, 2016 5:59 PM

Oct 2013
People are either over-reacting to the "clusterfuck" going on in this episode or just weren't paying enough attention. Not everything is spelled out directly, but it's fairly easy to gauge and draw conclusions, barring a few unexplained alliances and motivations.

I didn't bother reading every page of this thread, but has no one seriously drawn any comparisons between the "Seraph of the End" and Berserk's Eclipse??? It was so similar it was uncanny. Honestly, so much of this anime feels like pieces taken from more popular series loosely stitched together. I'm not even complaining about it, because the way the author does it gives Seraph an identity of its own, but still...

This season was SO MUCH BETTER than season 1. Season 1 was a cliche-ridden mess that irritated me just as often as it did excite me. Season 2 actually contained real plot development, excitement, and tossed out all those annoying shounen cliches that made me cringe every time (while keeping the ones I actually like!).

Looking forward to either a third season or continuing from the manga.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 5, 2016 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
So basicly no ending. Yay...
May 7, 2016 1:01 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Was it really necessary to go out into the water just to touch rain?
May 10, 2016 7:27 PM

Jul 2015
MistyBlue said:
Was it really necessary to go out into the water just to touch rain?

I know right, haha.

PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
So basicly no ending. Yay...

Basically. >.>
May 12, 2016 9:15 AM

Jan 2014
in a simple word, the third faction just appeared.
I was hoping krul tepez and that foster child from hiiragi join Yu team, since she's now become the enemy of both faction.
Jun 13, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Wah, what a spectacular ending of a seria! I wonder what will happen to Krul. Why did they kidnap her? And isn't it like Yuu is a demon now? Nah, I don't really understand this. And Guren is now terribly mysterious. I'm keep waiting for the next season!
Jun 26, 2016 10:31 PM

Apr 2015

this basically explains the whole season

i dont get why they asked "if your demon is asleep" at the end. does s(he) possess yuu when they are awake?

im also not happy they killed the loli.. i guess im just like yuu, cuz im feeling a bit "salty" about it (lol) but im still gonna wait for the next season
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?
Jun 27, 2016 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
Everything but the ending(talking about this episode, not the season) was awesome. Walking into the water. Seriously?

OMG! I think I might actually like Krul.

Fucking Ferid needs to die.

My waifu Sayuri didn't die, and I get to see my vaifu's one last time. Nice.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 14, 2016 6:18 PM
Jul 2016
Eu realmente esperava mais desse anime, a primeira temporada foi um pouco vaga mesmo assim eu continuei e vi as duas temporadas mas deixou a desejar, esperava um final lógico e não o quebeu acabei de ver, mas não odiei.
Aug 3, 2016 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
That feel when you thought the ending was filler because of how random and bad it was, but then check the manga and see it's actually still based on it. Too bad it suffers the standard ongoing syndrome, so the anime will forever be unfinished with nothing really being explained, because it will take ages even for the manga to do something, seeing that the anime caught up at the point it ended.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 6, 2016 3:43 AM

Dec 2010
What a great way to end the season. I hope we'll be getting a third one although I'd read the manga as well. 8/10.
Aug 16, 2016 7:46 AM

Jul 2013
I have a lot of question but what the hell did Yu just did in the end? He walked to the sea knee-deep and said "It's starting to rain" like what the fuck? Don't start pulling some deep spiritual shit here kid. Whatever. I kinda liked the whole vampire vs human war but fuck this ending. The first season was a bit better.

Aug 29, 2016 3:41 PM

Nov 2007
Needs a 3rd season but I can only hope. "King of salt" was lolzworthy. And I really hate endings that leave you hanging with more questions and you have no certainty that there will be another season.
Sep 8, 2016 7:34 PM
Dec 2014
Eh I dont know what to say, ending was pretty crap but at least Yuu matured during the show and had some nice action scenes. Kept hoping for something to happen between Shinona & Yuu but cmon this is a pure action shounen anime, ofc nothing going to happen.

7/10 for both seasons.
Oct 17, 2016 4:42 PM

Jun 2008
WTH I actually enjoyed this season? First was really bad so I put off this one for quite a while. Sure it was annoying and stupid and all over the place, but somehow I just marathoned the entire season in one sitting and came out pleasantly surprised.

Nice.

7/10
Oct 17, 2016 4:53 PM

Sep 2016
As someone gives "hated it" for this episode? It was fantastic from beginning to end, really surpassed all expectations and my anxiety was worth it.
"There are no eternal facts, as there are no absolute truths." ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 23, 2016 8:46 PM
Oct 2011
That was a great season, we really need a third.

Gaiking said:
Even without being a manga reader, I can 90% conclude to you that Queen Krul is not dead, and alive and kicking. If you remember in season 1, Shinoa and friends were also sucked by the vampire nobles and that's when Yu turned into a monster. So you don't die by getting your blood sucked, however you do die if your blood gets sucked violently, saw that from the anime. Ferid had Krul from behind so he sucked her and tasted her, kinda like how a guy eats a girl if you know what I mean XD (sex). She merely fainted from being sucked the proper amount/strength.

Yeah, even without having read the manga this is how I read that moment, she's going to be even more of a key character still going forward I feel.
Oct 24, 2016 6:36 PM

Jul 2014
Summary of this thread:

TheBasedMakiOct 24, 2016 7:00 PM
Oct 25, 2016 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
That was hella weird....What the fuck happened to Shinya though?
Nov 3, 2016 2:12 PM

Jun 2011
Uh, was Owari this fucking cringey before? I disliked a lot of things in this series:

1. While it gives the subordinates their own personality, for them to disobey the order of their leader on a whim makes the entire group seems really unstable and dysfunctional, and if it was the military, I wonder how those guys even got in without having the most basic level of respect for the leader in a world where we need humans to unite? Maybe it was done to prove Mika's point, nevertheless it was disgusting and cringey, especially when Yuu or his group was the one doing it.

2. Easy power up, yeah let's do something reckless when confronting with the 'inner demon' and the plot will somehow force the 'inner demon' to be impressed with whatever they have done and give them free powaaa ups. Main characters get too much main character treatment, it kills all sort of tension as it comes by so easily, so why should we care even when situation gets worse, because we know that Yuu will somehow force his way to power up anyways, instead of using his brain, he's powering himself through this shit.

3. Interaction between Yuu and Mika, gosh if they weren't shouting at each other which was grating my ears, they were saying/doing some cheesy BL crap to each other. Their character dynamic is so weird now, and I dislike Yuu's forceful nature of forcing Mika to drink human's blood. Yuu always forces his way and Mika always gives in to Yuu, it just doesn't have the same charm that their relationship had when they were still kids.

4. Pacing, only the middle part was fine because it was mainly battle after battle. When it was time for the story to progress, the pace of the story was too fast. For example, in 5 minutes span in episode 1 iirc, Yuu talked to Guren, Shinoa, and Mitsuba, in 3 different scenarios, it was coming one after another, the transition was poor, like it was forced upon us and wanted to be done with asap.

I lost interest in this story after watching the second season, the story is becoming really weird, that it is going from vampire to Gods/Angels, and Yuu is getting those free power up so easily. It's just hard to invest myself into this story, and hard for me to see anyone invest themselves in it if it wasn't for the BL undertone this series has.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 5, 2016 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that was chaotic!

Everybody is like against everybody. LOL
Jan 2, 2017 4:56 PM

Nov 2013
This anime had a lot of potential, but this season kinda ruined it all. The writing fell off from the beginning, nothing was explained, ending was disappointing. 4/10
Mar 14, 2017 7:08 AM

Oct 2014
King_Savage said:

this basically explains the whole season

i dont get why they asked "if your demon is asleep" at the end. does s(he) possess yuu when they are awake?

im also not happy they killed the loli.. i guess im just like yuu, cuz im feeling a bit "salty" about it (lol) but im still gonna wait for the next season

Ashuramaru is a he (fucking hell, it would have been a hell of a waifu tough), and is more a trusted enemy than a friend/partenr. Don't forget it was a vampire.

Krul ain't ded, don't worry.

And for everyone, the "rain will fall" means that a big ol' battle with blood everywhere is coming. And him being in water is emblematic, him being the king of salt and the sea being the place with the most salt on earth (apart from LOL and CSGO servers)
Mar 21, 2017 3:49 AM
Feb 2017
I'm not sure whether I want to like this anime or hate it. This episode just made the story more confusing. So there's vampires and demons and angels, so im guessing there are other supernatural beings. And for the whole series, it was mainly about humans vs vampires with some mystery about this seraph experiment.

Last season other than supernatural beings like vampires and demons,there were those four horseman of johns but only had little screen time. Like what are they?,where did they come from? It just seems like they just put those monsters around to add some sort of variety while the the main characters are still being introduced and they get to fight these monster before coming face to face with vampires. Its like in a video game tutorial where the player gets used to the control settings by attacking some decoys before heading off to the adventure. And as they get head on with vampires, these four horsemen of john suddenly disappears having no connection with the story as if they were just mere props. If they are important to the story then they'd atleast get some screen time and maybe some strong noble-level ones out there too.

I have more questions. That hiragi guy mentioned about other organisation outside Japan. What are they doing, are they gonna appear next season? After that 4 months clip, the demon army somehow survived the war with Fenrid's army. Like there were only three of those demon army that had those special demon weapon; Hiragi,Guren and that blonde girl vs the many vampires and nobles. I'm guessing Fenrid let them off. What happened with Krul? Well, I suppose next season those will be answer or if i just read the manga and continue from there. Meh

So overall, anime is 5/10 for me. That exaggerated family bs every episode of the season was just so annoying to me. I was thinking of dropping the anime but I find some parts of the anime interesting that I continued. I thought this was the last episode and i was thinking "oh finally, its ending" Glad i was wrong. The last episode and this episode got me hooked, i was going to originally rate this 2/10. Then the ending-- ugghh i want to know what happens next, damn cliffhanger. There are a lot of things that make me want to hate this anime but some other things that are good and interesting its just this anime, in my opinion had a lot of inconsistencies.
Apr 4, 2017 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
Even if another season comes out, I don't think I'll watch it.

I don't root for any character, I hate them all
Apr 7, 2017 11:19 PM

Sep 2011
Another frigging open ending with unsure another season.

Then again, I can't accept Krul will be defeated like that.

May 11, 2017 3:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode with surprise, but the series not end, we will have to wait a new season or film, to end this plot, when the Humans are stronger and the Vampires betrayed our species for power!!!

All the characters end well, although Yu that now is a Salt Demon or Salt Seraphin xD

6/10 for this second season, weak season!!!!
Jul 20, 2017 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
dadnaya said:
Even if another season comes out, I don't think I'll watch it.

I don't root for any character, I hate them all

How can some 1 Hates shinoa and Guren and Shinya xD?
Nov 9, 2017 11:52 PM

Oct 2014
this felt like end of eva and claymore had a baby to me, seriously this shit was CRAZY

this might be one of my favorite season finales, and although i plan to pick up the manga soon i seriously hope they look into making a season three
Dec 4, 2017 2:39 AM

Jan 2013
Mediocre season, the show never really made feel anything for any of the characters.
I was genuinely interested in the human experiments and how the world "ended" but this season kinda threw that interest away.

This finale episode despite giving us a lot of information and reveals just felt like it tried to do too much.

7/10 sadly.

Mar 21, 2018 7:09 PM

Jul 2009
Other than the blonde and yoichi the dubs were so good for this series. Hope another season comes this year, if not i might have to pickup the manga
Apr 22, 2018 3:30 PM

Dec 2008
Overall better than season 1. Just hated the ending where basically nothing was explained. Hopefully we get another season, but until then I may just read the manga.
Aug 9, 2018 3:52 PM

May 2016
Dafaq was that crazy ending.... 6/10
Jan 4, 2019 11:33 AM
Jun 2017
My main peeve with this series is that they didn't show any big villain die yet, at least kill that creepy one who killed Yoichi's sister.
Feb 21, 2019 8:42 AM
Jan 2017
the anime grapich for me is not that good, but im still enjoy it,,
and the character will is weak enough not like the other anime that has a very strong will to move for something or some one else,,
the story is not very good ,, but im still not undertand at few point in this anime,, still confused and need season 3 for understand all the plot and what the true plan of guren..
and the target of the seraph of end still not clearly told in this season,,
Jun 27, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2018
Well sure, why not skip 4 months in the middle of a battle

Aside from that, I liked this season, it was better than the first one for sure
Mar 4, 2020 11:35 PM

Oct 2019
I didn't expect they tried to kill-off loli grandma, but somehow I don't think she's dead as in this show vampire vanish when they die. The ending is a mess, it leaves a huge question mark and it seems they didn't plan to make S3 (yet). But still a fine and enjoyable watch.

7/10.
andrearionaMar 5, 2020 2:45 AM
Apr 30, 2020 4:01 AM

May 2013
Marathoned this anime because of the current pandemic and lockdown. this was better than expected 9/10. Shinoa's cuteness and Guren's coolness definitely made this anime better. I won't read the manga in hopes of S3 but I know the chances are slim but still hoping.
Jul 17, 2020 5:20 AM
Aug 2018
Ugh, i'm actually not satisfied about the ending. Wonder about Hiiragi Shinya, and Tepes Krul, what happened to them both? :(

and Hiiragi Kureto, why is he not even dead yet👿
Aug 17, 2020 6:33 PM
Oct 2019
That was so convoluted. Are they humans, demons, vampires, angels, whatever? Traitors and backstabbers. Different factions everywhere.

The vamp queen is dead. That dude's sister is still a hostage. Guren is presumably still nuts. Who the heck knows what's going on with that vamp leadership change. Is Kureto alive? So much just happened I don't even remember, but he probably is. So much to do for that 6-member Yu family in order to save the world. But how?

Yu walking into the ocean and saying it's going to rain? What's that junk about?

I would be down for a 3rd season, but only if they could wrap up the story by the end of it. If they do a 3rd season. I just want answers. I wouldn't want an unnecessarily drawn out season.

This finale was probably a 6/10. This season was probably a 7/10.
Sep 15, 2020 9:37 AM
Sep 2019
Can someone explain to me why Kureto killed the Demon Company ppl? And why did Ferid sell out some of the vampire nobles locations?
Jan 5, 2021 10:29 PM
Mar 2020
I have never been more conflicted on how I feel about a show as I am right now. I wonder if its worth picking up the rest of the manga.
Jan 16, 2021 9:29 PM

Apr 2020
I loved that ending, I love how there was so much going on at once. Might read the manga in the future.
Jan 31, 2021 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
That was a confusing af conclusion.

Finally, I got my wish to see Seraph form of Yuu. It was badass.

If only there was a season 3...I guess I'll have to read the manga :T
Mar 19, 2021 1:43 AM

Jun 2020

Erm I hope Shinya’s ok? Wtf time skip didnt even show him he had such a presence this season

I’m glad Narumi has joined them. The ED included Mika & Narumi that was nice. Damn Krul was going to run off & get on Mika’s side. That lasted for a split second. Krul was bad-ass while it lasted. It’s a pity she didn’t get much screen-time in these 2 seasons. Seems like Ferid’s in-charge now. Shame we couldn’t see him in all his glory lololllll

Kureto & Guren ruling side by side.....besides that being a wet dream come throughthat would be a treat

Idk what else to say. Whoever made this episode was high as fuck. It’s like conclusion of Eva + DITF clusterfuck. At least for this they left it open. A girl can hope WIT will pick it up again. Years later......a girl can hope

Guess I’ll have to get into the manga. Wtf is this episode seriously

NOTHING WAS ANSWERED

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 3, 2021 4:22 AM
Jan 2021
I m mindblown completely blown🤯
May 7, 2021 5:27 AM

Dec 2020
what a ending can we hope for a season 3 a sequel please i want the old guren back xD
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Jul 1, 2023

49 by Alex_the_reaper »»
Feb 10, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

348 by Rosxlie »»
Jan 27, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

207 by Craneface »»
Nov 12, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

245 by Desaturate »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph: Nagoya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

184 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 2023 5:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.