Forum Settings
Forums

Redesign of the Related Manga/Anime Section

New
Dec 24, 2015 11:32 AM
Overlord

Jul 2015
Hello

I have made a new design for the Related Section and want to know what you think.

This is an example with the To LOVE-Ru Series

So instead of going trough the many links from the first to the last Anime
it would be better with an overview with all related Animes inside the series
here are only the most importent Information listed including the Relations of the Anime series.

Edit: Picture Reuploaded on imgur
AkitoTheGamblerDec 31, 2015 3:28 PM
Dec 31, 2015 7:47 AM

Jan 2013
I think that would be great. For example it could be implemented something like so:

I know that looks small, but perhaps you could click on it to zoom in.
Dec 31, 2015 7:55 AM

Jan 2014
Syrup- said:
I think that would be great. For example it could be implemented something like so:

Exactly! Then if it was implemented with the ability to show in chronological or broadcasting order, this would hit *three birds with one stone. With that said, this would be a good idea even if it only mapped the related anime

*The three birds being:
> Showing a map of all related anime to a certain anime
> Showing anime in chronological order.
> Showing anime in broadcasting order.

(In relation to this thread)
OboronDec 31, 2015 7:56 AM

Dec 31, 2015 10:34 AM
Overlord

Jul 2015
Acheroh said:
Syrup- said:

Exactly! Then if it was implemented with the ability to show in chronological or broadcasting order, this would hit *three birds with one stone. With that said, this would be a good idea even if it only mapped the related anime

*The three birds being:
> Showing a map of all related anime to a certain anime
> Showing anime in chronological order.
> Showing anime in broadcasting order.

(In relation to this thread)

yes or in a detailed tab on the top and i think cronological order would be better
so you can see all entries from a series and you see what you have to see first and what after
AkitoTheGamblerDec 31, 2015 10:35 AM
Dec 31, 2015 10:42 AM

Feb 2010
anidb has it. But sometimes it's a bit too big to fit on a page https://anidb.net/pics/graph/a-5252.png
Dec 31, 2015 10:49 AM
Overlord

Jul 2015
vivan said:
anidb has it. But sometimes it's a bit too big to fit on a page https://anidb.net/pics/graph/a-5252.png

this is really a lot but there shoudnt be a lot Animes with so many entries

well i will try to find a solution to this
AkitoTheGamblerDec 31, 2015 10:56 AM
Dec 31, 2015 10:53 AM
Jan 2013
vivan said:
Jesus, this pains my heart to look at (Actually it doesnt, it didn't even open on my browser and I dunno what that is so I'm talking about the first google result, which was Gundam related)

But still, a drop down (Like they have on the about me and fansubbers lists) could help the situation
MkimDec 31, 2015 10:53 AM
gone bai bai
Dec 31, 2015 11:30 AM
Overlord

Jul 2015
well it would work if you could zoom in and out and move around with a grab Cursor

so you see one part of it and by zooming and moving around (like Google maps) you can see all those Infos and it isnt just a Ultra big Picture like in anidb
well the lines and the Infos in this picture dont look good or are wrong but... that would be amazing
AkitoTheGamblerDec 31, 2015 3:29 PM
Dec 31, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2013
Mkim said:
But still, a drop down (Like they have on the about me and fansubbers lists) could help the situation
This would be similar to my suggestion for pages under "people". http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1467473 only instead of a person's entire portfolio, we would be sorting through franchises. And quite frankly, a category for franchises might just be the thing this site needs.
Sep 25, 2016 1:13 AM

Apr 2014
This would be great. Although almost a year has passed and nothing has done.
Sep 25, 2016 1:30 AM
Overlord

Jul 2015
Katsu-kun said:
This would be great. Although almost a year has passed and nothing has done.

yeah I know but it will take a lot of time anyway cause I don't want it like on anidb and such it should be like a web application and that needs a lot of time creating
Dec 14, 2020 1:21 PM
Aug 2014
I'm bumping this topic because to me it's absolutely appalling that MAL has not done anything about this. This topic shows an excellent possible solution FOUR years ago and MAL still hasn't done anything. It's impossible to keep track of which pages you have and haven't checked in a large franchise like Natsume Yuujinchou. Navigating through related anime on this site is such an atrocious experience that I often go to other sites just to do it.

Just look at how e.g Animenewsnetwork shows an expanded list of all related media: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9419
An easy layout that doesn't require images.

MAL, get your stuff together. This is easily the biggest problem with your anime database layout.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
1 hour ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
11 hours ago

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.