Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion

Nov 1, 2016 11:40 AM

Once again a very good adaption by Madhouse, as expected. The concept is quite funny, we have a wide variety of characters and the animation and art are good. Still it seems I did not like it as much as the rest of MAL, wonder why. 8/10

Nov 1, 2016 7:50 PM
Gator said:
Once again a very good adaption by Madhouse, as expected. The concept is quite funny, we have a wide variety of characters and the animation and art are good. Still it seems I did not like it as much as the rest of MAL, wonder why. 8/10
(cough) (cough) Mob Psyhco 100/10 (cough)

Nov 1, 2016 7:51 PM
粉ミルク♡

It was incredible, epic at all times. I liked.

Nov 2, 2016 12:38 AM

Meh_Meh_2 said:
Gator said:
(cough) (cough) Mob Psyhco 100/10 (cough)

Funny enough a friend of mine recommended it to me as well after finishing OPM xD

Nov 25, 2016 9:09 AM
6/10, might watch the specials idk

Nov 30, 2016 1:35 AM
Great episode the fight between Saitama and Boros was awesome, especially the moon part. The effects and the animation were very good.

Tatsumaki throwing a fit because they ignored her, and Genos getting his arm ripped off when Saitama tried to fix him were funny scenes.

This show exceeded my expectations.

Nov 30, 2016 9:47 AM

In my experience, there were a couple of funny moments. I especially liked Saitama dicking around inside the ship and Tornado being bratty. Other than that, it was only the animation that was impressive, and from a parody I expect more.

Still, the series was not a waste of time for me, it gave me a lot of good chuckles.

Dec 14, 2016 2:06 AM

Episode 12 = Vol. 6, Ch. 34-Vol. 7, Ch. 35-36[mid]

Atomic Samurai's scenes were so awesome, mang. HAHA. I was trying to write down what I thought about the last episode during the theme song but it didn't play for the couple of minutes that I thought. I figured, since it was the last episode, that they would play it at the end of the episode so I went ahead and wrote it. Nope. They are using it as background music for the fight between Boros and Saitama. I mean, that's cool, too. It's a great OST to use in a huge battle and that is what this is. HAHA.

All the way to the moon goes Saitama. He's so cool. HAHA. Saitama has already punched this guy, like, twice but the serious punch wins the battle.

MAN. I just can't get over how verbatim most of this is.

HAHAHA. Ignoring Tornado again. She's so cute but she's so annoying. HAHA. "Say something, Genos". HAHA. OMGGG. He's like, "YEAH. GO MINION". BOOM. Gets blown back. HAHA.

OH. New song. OOH. This is nice and relaxing.

WHOAH. A NEW ENEMY. Pluton, a level Dragon enemy with the body of a pig. Whelp. That was over very quickly. Man, the citizens are always so adorable. ANDDDDD this is the end of the first season. It's very entertaining, indeed. Can't wait for the next season!`

Dec 20, 2016 9:36 PM

EPIC !! Saitama vs Boros.
Wait for Second Season...

Dec 23, 2016 9:46 PM

It was good but overrated as hell with its 8.82 rating. I give this show a 6/10. Mob Psycho 100 is better in my opinion.
Modified by Pixel_Vapour, Dec 23, 2016 9:59 PM

Jan 3, 2017 1:33 PM

I love the manga but surprisingly I didnt really like this anime.

Feb 17, 2017 6:52 PM

Amazing! I don't know why I avoided this for so long! 9/10!
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"

Feb 26, 2017 6:57 AM
10/10
Waiting for S2 to give it a 10

Feb 28, 2017 11:51 AM

Last episode, time to sum it up I guess... Animation, artstyle, music, voice acting, pretty much any technical stuff was top-notch, just amazing to look at, especially the fights!
Other than that, OPM did lack something, hard to say what though... I guess for seinen series it lacked some more consistent storyline/character development, and for parody/comedy, it didn't really have that many hilarious moments imo. And for a series this popular, and highly-rated you can't really blame me for having huge expectations...

Loved the fights, but I just need more than that. For now 8/10, hopefully second season is gonna be slightly better.

Apr 2, 2017 10:39 PM

Great anime, would recommend to beginners

Apr 12, 2017 4:16 AM
Top Fan

I wish Boros made Saitama at least bleed from the lip.......... imagine if one punch man was a serious action anime.

Apr 19, 2017 2:18 AM

Overall, pretty well-made.

I'm hyped for season 2, mainly so I can see the babe again.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

May 4, 2017 6:12 AM
Bruuhh, the episode was lit and the final fight is my favorite fight off all the anime i have ever watched..

Hopefully the thing with only one punch is gonna go in season 2, i wanna see more fights like that

Jul 18, 2017 5:16 PM

For me it was a great ending for a really good anime series...

It's great but... I don't know.. kinda too simple.. everything.

I give it a 9.6/10

Jul 30, 2017 12:57 PM

Overhyped, predictable, non existing story and too much mindless action for my taste.
With that said the comedy was pretty good and the animation was well done, as expected from Madhouse.

6/10
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA

Aug 27, 2017 10:30 AM

I wasn't planning to watch it since manga bored me about couple of chapters way before anime was made but I decided to give it a shot hoping that anime might have made up for its shortcomings (also because of interesting review that reminded me it exists) and I guess I was right.

It was pretty enjoyable to watch albeit only for the enemies and occasional snark from Saitama. Other than that it was pretty bland to be honest. Sure, fights were pretty cool but anime is basically made to show awesome battles so this in itself isn't enough to justify the amount of praise it receives.

Heroes were probably the main fault. Some might argue they were written this way for comedic purposes, but in most cases instead of finding them funny I thought they are really lame, annoying or "obligatory X insert". Instead of wasting time on them I would rather have the series look more into Saitama's situation and mind, e. g. what happens when reaching the goal leaves you with no drive in life.

In short, really reminds me of Tiger&Bunny where interesting premise is pretty much left unexplored if not plain wasted and couple months down the road there isn't much to remember about the title other than general impression of "meh, I guess it could be worse".
Ii tenki desu ne...

Sep 12, 2017 5:00 PM
Antanaru said:

It was pretty enjoyable to watch albeit only for the enemies and occasional snark from Saitama. Other than that it was pretty bland to be honest. Sure, fights were pretty cool but anime is basically made to show awesome battles so this in itself isn't enough to justify the amount of praise it receives.

Heroes were probably the main fault. Some might argue they were written this way for comedic purposes, but in most cases instead of finding them funny I thought they are really lame, annoying or "obligatory X insert". Instead of wasting time on them I would rather have the series look more into Saitama's situation and mind, e. g. what happens when reaching the goal leaves you with no drive in life.

In short, really reminds me of Tiger&Bunny where interesting premise is pretty much left unexplored if not plain wasted and couple months down the road there isn't much to remember about the title other than general impression of "meh, I guess it could be worse".

I personally am glad it didn't delve more into Saitama's character, because it's a parody action show, not a character study. We already know his basic mentality. Sure, the webcomic and manga later gives him more development, but it is stretched out over the series, as it isn't the focus.

You didn't like Mumen Rider? I'll admit most of the heroes come off as bland because they didn't get much development. The arc that will be used for Season 2 develops some of them, but most of the develop later in the webcomic and manga.

What did you think the premise was? I can promise you the next arc's villain gets more screentime and development than Saitama himself. The villain's my second favorite character in the entire series after him.

Sep 26, 2017 1:57 PM

Great last episode with a little Dragonballesque fighting and some good animation etc.

Can't wait for season two were a little more subsistent into the whole world would be completely established.

Oct 1, 2017 3:25 AM

The Boros fight was amazing, looks like his wish of finding a strong opponent came true. Unfortunately that wasn't the same for Saitama but at least Boros gave him the best fight he's had so far. Hell, it took multiple punches to take him out instead of the usual one punch so that says something.

Oct 25, 2017 11:02 PM

how can
he be so
strong?

Nov 15, 2017 4:14 PM
The poor guy never got recognition

Dec 27, 2017 10:16 PM

Finally finished rewatching one of my favorite anime~ I just noticed that Boros survived at least 6 punches. Too bad Saitama's not gonna fight anyone sturdier than that anytime soon...or will he?

Genos insulting Tatsumaki after her childish teasing to Saitama resulted in quite the hilarious takedown. Amai Mask and Metal Knight sure are suspicious.

Jan 17, 2018 8:40 PM

A great anime.
I usually rate stuff based on enjoyment... And I really enjoyed this...
9/10

Feb 20, 2018 1:37 PM
omg, this can't end here!! I need season 2 right now! T.T

this season as a whole is a 10/10! I binged episodes 1-11 but I took a break after that because I didn't want it to end but I knew I had to watch the final episode at some point because I couldn't get enough of it so I gave in a few hours later and now I'm sadd it's over. :( please let there be a season 2!

P.S. The ending 2 (Kanashimi Tachi wo Dakishimete) is freaking amazing and so addicting! *heart eyes* I'm currently listening to it as I'm typing this, haha! :)

Feb 22, 2018 4:17 PM

i need a season two ;-;

Mar 27, 2018 8:54 AM
Il contenuno di questo episodio è stato molto affascinante mi ribbolliva il sangue per quella mocciosetta di tornado e di dolcetto mask che si crede chi sà chi

Mar 27, 2018 8:57 AM
Aggiungo che do un 10/10 a questo anime perchè è ottimo per chi vuole iniziare a diventare un otaku comunque saitama fa sempre ridere è un miscuglio di avventura azione e comicità

Apr 18, 2018 1:39 PM
All I can say is hilarious. The only gripe I can say is that if this continues and takes on a more serious path, then all the show's problems will turn into a "just turn in Saitama" and kinda defeat the hype of it. Despite that, if the authors are strategic enough they can 100% pull it off in a manner that would not have this issue

Apr 23, 2018 3:00 PM

Pretty good last episode but they left so much unanswered (presumably for a sequel). Why is Saitama so strong? Was he recognized for the last fight? Is Metal Knight the guy that Genos was looking for? The fight between Saitama and Boros was good though. And the heroes turning on each other was interesting (though again, not totally realized).

The series as a whole started strong but became somewhat overplayed. I was not too fond of the homophobic and sort of racist character designs. I liked Saitama. Genos was okay. I wasn't super fond of the really digital animation, but it was alright. I really liked a lot of the monster designs.

May 2, 2018 7:57 AM

When it comes to pure spectacle this is probably my favorite fight in all of anime.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.

Aug 14, 2018 6:24 AM
saitama vs boros fight was super awesome, both super strong fighting at each other but in the end saitama has a final move that has able to beat the enemy... hahaha

Oct 21, 2018 7:49 AM

That was a hilarious gag battle anime similar to early Dragon Ball, a little less crude though! Even to the context of the main character being an unsuspecting person who can beat nearly everyone in a punch and never goes down. The characters are on the simple side but they're varied and likable. Genos was adorable. Mumen Rider was a symbol of the people's justice, I can see why he's so beloved. Saitama was actually really friggin likable. He was hilarious, apathetic and self-interested, but secretly really good natured. He'll be memorable for a long while. And not only was it hysterical, it was also way engaging with how Saitama grew bonds and relationships with the other heroes and how we got to see them fight their hardest while Saitama wasn't around. And, I'm not even mentioning the awesome soundtrack and the great animation. And, I personally feel the pacing was incredible. It was never boring, always moving, but never rushed. All that in mind I think this is an easy 7/10. One of my new favorite comedies, easily.

Nov 26, 2018 11:03 AM
Really enjoyable show, loved the whole feel of the thing.

8/10, look forward to next years season 2.

Dec 10, 2018 2:31 PM

whew i enjoyed that WAY more than i thought i would've! i'm READY for season 2!

Dec 11, 2018 11:50 AM

Watched OPM when it was airing and wasn't really impressed. Gotta say that a rewatch made me appreciate this show a lot more. It was funny, had some great animation and this last episode was pure hype.

Change my score from 5/10 to 7/10
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Dec 16, 2018 1:57 PM

This was a fun one to watch. Action was great and that fight was intense. Stoked for season 2

gets a 9/10 in my book.

Dec 16, 2018 6:06 PM

I don't even care about the fights yet, since there doesn't seem to be much at stake with OPM on the scene. Character dynamics are top notch though, humor is okay. I want myself a loli tornado for christmas, make this happen.

End of the episode seemed rushed, was hoping to see more of the fallout, rankings, etc. Oh well

Easy 8/10 for me, but don't expect a literary masterpiece or anything.

Apr 1, 10:32 AM

Rushing in with a super unpopular opinion here, but I didn't really enjoy the Saitama vs Boro fight. This episode was not as exciting as previous ones for me, but I know that when the second season rolls around, I'll definitely be jumping on the bandwagon to watch. I want to give this show an 8 or a 9, but I think I'm going to give it a 10 because it's been the only anime in a long time that I've actually felt a desire to binge.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go

Apr 6, 10:22 AM
Supreme Tsundere

You hear people taking about this anime, it almost seems like an instant 10 due to all the hype, and that score...

Being honest here, I dont think the comedy is golden enough to go crazy at it like that, but I did understand the joke and this was real fun and enjoyable watch, with alot of thrills cuz of GODLIKE animation, like this last fight, awesome presentation and soundtrack.
Plus I want to see more about Tatsumaki (I actually ship her with Saitama, but I most be mad to expect anything out of it), she is the kind of person you would hate in real life, but just love in something like an anime.

Stellar show noneless, really solid and fun, had me marathon it a bunch of eps, Sea King arc was also sweet.

Watched this in preparation for S2, but we know JC Staff as its scythe ready to slash any changes of it being a decent adaptation, so I will also read the manga from the start and go from there~~
HYPE

9.2/10 = 9
Modified by Playcool, Apr 6, 10:43 AM

Apr 8, 3:23 PM

All right, that's it? Terrible comedy, repetitive and a gag character as MC gets annoying as time passes. Hey, at least the S-class heroes are far more interesting. The only good thing about this show is the animation. So, 4/10 for the anime.

Good fight anyway.
Modified by Nurguburu, Jun 19, 9:33 AM
Life has no meaning.

Jun 19, 2:47 AM
That was a sick fight! I loved it when one punch man was sent to the moon xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jun 28, 4:26 AM

The whole fight was awesome and stuff but i still don't get why all of the characters are so oblivious of the fact that saitama literally does all the work every single time, its just too frustrating to like the story.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 28, 10:04 AM
Yes this episode was honestly amazing, and I went over that on my number 1 villain in this article: https://gamersdecide.com/articles/one-punch-man-best-villains

Jul 3, 9:44 AM
Guys i need info when eps 13 release ?

Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]

Preview MangaManga Store