Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Punch Man Episode 12 Discussion

Feb 9, 2016 10:39 PM

Frankly, that's my opinion of this episode and this show...

Yeah, Boros/Saitama fight is very well animated but in the same time, I find those kind of fight kinda boring, trying to be Dragon Ball-ish but more over-the-top...
The only moment I find great is when Saitama is on the moon. I felt I was in space and my head gonna exploded.

And the show is kinda the same thing.
It has good funny moments (Saitama neutral face on every dramatic moments) but nothing I find hilarious.
Yes, the plot is fresh because It mocks all those stereotypical shonens using the same tropes over and over, but It didn't blow me that much..
And the point It's hard to bear the gore. I can torelate bloody violence (Berserk, JoJo,...) but here, I find It's pretty gruesome and disturbing. Maybe because It's the part of comedy...
Plus, the thing I don't get is the fact monsters have always a gruesome death (Inner organs, guts splattering everywhere, RED blood) and humans have a way softer ones (More dramatical, BLACK blood,ect..)
Perhaps It's the part of the parody too but, to be honest, It gets on my nerves...

So....Ok...

Feb 13, 2016 10:33 PM

Great show. I hope there'll be another season. Maybe I'll pick up the manga.

Feb 14, 2016 11:05 AM
Yeah, this show rocks. I got a couple of theories about why the hell he's so strong:

1) He could be dreaming. Dreamtime is expanded longer than waking state time.
2) He could have some epser ability like telekinesis which mimcs super strength, super jumping, etc
3) He could have an ability similar to King Bradkeys (FMA) ultimate eye, which allows him to read his opponents movements before they move.
4) Could be a cyborg?!?!
5) He's an alien?
6) He's just super strong and has an enhanced ability to relax his body, allowing him to absorb insane amounts of damage. My reasoning for this is that he rarely dodges, he just takes the hit.

I dunno, what do you guys think.

I freaking love this how! I've watched the season finale like 10 times now. My wife thinks I'm nuts :(

Feb 15, 2016 4:16 PM

Absolute amazing show. That was exaclty the humor and action I love. It was for sure very different of all the animes I saw before, alone as a result that Saitama beat everything with "one" punch.

Was nice to see that the fight between Saitama and Boros was way longer as every other before. The animation was brilliant and Saitamas final attack just WoooooooooW.

A second season has to happen. I don't read the manga but I hope that in the next 2 years they will have enough material for this.

When One Punch Man came out I wasn't sure if I should watch it (maybe because of the extreme hype), but now I'm glad I did it :D

Also super cool characters, they did a very good job with that.

For me personally it's an easy 10/10 because I enjoyed it so much over the last 2 days :)

Hopefully we will get a second season....HEEEEERRROOOOOO!!!!

Feb 15, 2016 11:26 PM
Saitama power has no limit???

Feb 17, 2016 12:24 AM

That was pretty good, finally saw that serious punch
4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 19, 2016 12:04 PM

Feb 22, 2016 2:31 AM

the fight scenes were a feast for the eyes,really enjoyed watching just for that. the characters and the plot were okay i guess. 6/10

Mar 8, 2016 3:18 AM

I liked it but I expected more because of all the hype. I rate 7/10

Mar 8, 2016 6:34 PM
in the end Tatsumaki was just hanging around, how come she didn't have the urgency to go inside the ship to kill the boss?

when saitama punched his way out of the ship she was just hovering and staring into thin air then she went and ask saitama what is he doing there.

in a more serious anime/real life saitama would probably reply "who did u think saved the world and killed the boss?" but the show cleverly skirts around the issue by making it a funny moment of tatsumaki getting ignored then ragemode on genos.

Mar 9, 2016 4:10 PM

8/10 for me, not going to say is the best anime ever, but its one of the best of its genre, and actually made it diferent, with the main hero even telling the villains to shut up about their speeches of their power and backstory, and had some good comedy. if people dont like the genre dont watch it, but dont hate just to hate, i feel alot of people are doing this. I actually think the main character is too overpowered, specially from the start, in a way that kinda bores me, and too many trouble in all episodes, we feel like all the threats dont count for nothing, because its to normal for monster destroy cities and stuff like that. Its one of the lowest points for me, but the rest, its a freaking good anime.

Mar 12, 2016 11:37 PM

The moon..?? Seriously..???
While all the S-class heroes are busy fighting foot soldiers and smashing an indestructible ship..
Saitama obliterated the boss alien and destroyed the entire ship, yet nobody even knows he's been inside, ok. XD
HAHAHAHA I can't resist replaying that line Genos said again and again. Damn hilarious !!
That was a great finish to this series. It's been fun, hope for a sequel.

Mar 13, 2016 12:14 PM
One Punch Man Episode 12 disappointed me. In the ending, Saitama defeated Lord Boros and just remained in Class B (I think). I feel like they should have added a twist --- perhaps a revelation or something.
AMEDGA

Mar 23, 2016 9:40 AM

Well, the ending was really epic but than it went to the usual. Three ending episodes were fine I guess and it could easily form one movie.

But.. for 12part series to have 5 trash episodes, that's too much for me. Also, the cliche that he is invincible, able to kill his opponents just standing in middle of the fights with one punch and without any effort got old pretty soon.

There were also some very weak antagonists thrown away on him all the time and other heroes didn't helped much. Nor it was overly funny as it just basically repeated one or two jokes all over again.
Also, don't mind the references as those alone don't make a good series.

5/10 Really don't know why this series has its 'legend' status.. as it's mediocre and forgettable at best.

Mar 24, 2016 7:25 PM
So does Saitama ever get recognized for his power in manag? Cause in all honesty this running gag stopped being funny mid way through.

One Punch thing is a bit of downer too now. While the last fight was epic, Saitama didn't really struggle. He is so OP that it's a bit boring to watch.

Also I really have to wonder how some of those so called heroes got be heroes when they are average people like Rider who has no physical and telekinetic strength, just determination and yet he keeps number 1 spot in C category.

And mr self proclaimed beauty, needs to be put in place.

Over all, I did enjoy the series. It was fun with some great animation but for me it's a one time thing. Unless there is a plot involved, this series should not still be ongoing. 12 episodes is more than enough for the same looping comedy gags.

But solid 8/10 it is. No more.

Mar 25, 2016 12:05 AM

kitten320 said:

Also I really have to wonder how some of those so called heroes got be heroes when they are average people like Rider who has no physical and telekinetic strength, just determination and yet he keeps number 1 spot in C category.

Did you not watch episode 9 or are you the NEET guy that said that hero needs to strong to beat monsters? You don't need to beat monsters to be a hero. The definition of a hero is a guy who is willing to sacrifice himself for others.

Mar 25, 2016 4:02 AM

PiggyBancon said:
Did you not watch episode 9 or are you the NEET guy that said that hero needs to strong to beat monsters? You don't need to beat monsters to be a hero. The definition of a hero is a guy who is willing to sacrifice himself for others.

Yet all that matters in their classification charts and test is power and intelligence not determination.. (and most of the people in S rank are doing it for their own prestige)

Okay, right...

I think Mumen Rider is actually the best character of this show but that's precisely because he's one and only true hero in this series. It has nothing to do with rankings.

Mar 25, 2016 1:08 PM

Mich666 said:
PiggyBancon said:

Yet all that matters in their classification charts and test is power and intelligence not determination.. (and most of the people in S rank are doing it for their own prestige)

Okay, right...

I think Mumen Rider is actually the best character of this show but that's precisely because he's one and only true hero in this series. It has nothing to do with rankings.

Saitama isn't? What he did in ep 9 was pretty heroic

Mar 25, 2016 3:56 PM
Mich666 said:
PiggyBancon said:

Okay, right...

My point exact.

Series contradict itself. Ranking is totally messed up.

Apr 1, 2016 11:41 AM
Great production work on this anime. There were also some nice ideas, though it was a bit tough knowing Saitama would win every fight for sure. Overall, pretty interesting.

Apr 5, 2016 10:30 PM

This anime was a freaking beast!! loved it, was like watching gintama x hajime no ippo crossover of sorts.

9/10 expect a lot more from this in the future.

Apr 7, 2016 4:50 PM

Holy shit that was an intense fight. But there's got to be stronger opponent than Boros right? Saitama's serious punch didn't seem that serious lol
9/10 Amazing anime
( ゚∀゚)o Favorite: Clannad, Aria, Higurashi, Monster, Idol Anime ✌('ω'✌ )三✌('ω')✌三( ✌'ω')✌
( ゚∀゚)ノ【LOVE】Sonoda Umi & Kisaragi Chihaya .+:。(*≧∇≦*)゚.+:。大好き!!
My old username was superlink1205
”リア充なんてそもそも都市伝説”〜白

Apr 8, 2016 6:38 PM

The fights were great, the comedy was okay, but what was the point of this anime? There was no overall message, which really detracts in my opinion. Episode 9 was the closest they came to that (when mumen rider kept coming back to fight), but other than that.... 7/10. it was enjoyable at times, but honestly pretty pointless (the hype didn't help either)

Apr 10, 2016 2:53 AM

Ah, nice final episode. Madhouse went all-out on this fight, and despite it being virtually one-sided, it had to be one of the more amazing ones I have seen. Can't help but want moar though.

That all being said, the show was pretty damned good overall. Amazing production value, and it managed to be epic despite all the hilarity. The jokes were a tad overused, but I wouldn't say it hindered my enjoyment. I feel the Boros arc was a bit more indicative of what is to come (Which is fucking great). It's just too bad I didn't watch it when it was airing, since I probably would have enjoyed this more while riding the hype train. OPM is pretty much built on hype and meme material, imo.

8/10. Season 2 soon plz.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 3, 2016 1:15 AM
Forum Moderator
No.

This series is so overrated. It was fun for like 3-4 episodes, after that it was just the same thing over and over again.

May 4, 2016 1:32 AM
I know OPM has many references to other animes and even disney cartoons, but I was just wondering if the scene where Boros is lying on the ground
a reference to Hellsing Ultimate where Father Anderson was defeated and is lying down on the ground. I mean studio Madhouse was involved so it could very well be a reference right?

May 20, 2016 8:32 PM

Animation was above the usual quality (and it's already amazing), and the last battle was certainly action-packed! I'm glad this season is over...

Overall, I was not happy with this show. Music-wise, the OP and background music were mediocre, but the ED wasn't bad. Characters were alright, although I didn't really get attached ot any of them. I kept hearing people rave about how good it was, but to me, the only part that was good was the animation (but it was amazing, at that). While I really love shows with a lot of action, I was disappointed with the fact that he defeats all of his opponents (besides the last one) quickly and easily. I really try not to compare shows to each other, but regarding shows that feature a ton of over-the op action, I think Symphogear is way better. The battles are super over the top, but the symphogear users always have a chance of losing, and they don't always win the battles they're in. Sometimes there are crazy curveballs that show how the characters struggle to beat their enemies, while in One punch man, all he needs to do is hit them one, at the enemy will die. Not to mention that I like the characters better in symphogear, but as action-driven shows, I find symphogear to be a lot more exciting. So yeah, I guess if you're okay with this constant joke being the entire point of the show, then it could be good. But this joke quickly became stale, as did the rest of the series. The fact that you can know the outcome of every single battle really kills the excitement of the battles such that they really can't live up to the amazing animation. Not planning on watching the next season. 5-7/10

Jun 1, 2016 10:27 AM

It was much better than I had expected. Really entertaing. Quality animation and beautiful OSTs. I <3 Tornado.

Jun 5, 2016 1:37 AM

I didn't like this series at all. I rated 5/10, I went in with extremely high hopes and it just fell flat for me. I literally laughed once, the first time he killed something with One Punch and was annoyed by it. The show then proceeded to use that same joke for the next 11 episodes? I seriously don't get why this show is so popular. I'm so disappointed to not be in on why everyone thought this series was so fantastic, it was boring in my opinion.

I get that it's a parody but it doesn't do a lot with that concept, in fact half the time it plays out just like any other shonen series and then Saitama comes along with his one punchline (pun intended) and that's kinda all it does.

Don't get me wrong the Animation is absolutely superb and the action looks amazing but there was literally nothing at stake, nothing for me to be invested in and the joke was always the same, every time and without much variation. The show is so predictable, which is kind of the point but is that really funny? I read people praising the 'okay' scene from Episode 11 which was kinda funny but that sort of joke was severely lacking in the show. Most jokes either fell flat, were poorly timed or just not very funny to begin with.

This is the first time I've watched a Mega Hit series after it has aired and just not understood what all the fuss was about. I know a few other people do feel like me but I can't even begin to say just how sad I'am that I didn't 'get' it as I feel like I'm missing out : (

Slightly Off Topic but I'm having the exact same problem with 'Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto' where alot of people are singing it's praises and proclaiming it hilarious but just like One Punch Man it's the same joke every damn time and it gets old really fast, I guess that repetitive humour just does nothing for me when it's so predictable.

Jun 8, 2016 11:52 AM

PiggyBancon said:
tragedydesu said:
even a casual like me know that anime is shit
3/10
mal ratings = biggest troll in this world
glad no one of my friends in real life like this shit

You don't have any friends IRL anyway.

woooooo. got emm.

Jun 15, 2016 9:32 PM

saitama & genos = better love story than twillight
Recommend me some romance manga's and anime's :)

Jun 18, 2016 10:32 PM
ShizukuViolet said:
any love story is better than twilight.

Jun 20, 2016 1:46 PM
ShizukuViolet said:

That's not a love story. That's a bromance right there.

Jun 20, 2016 1:48 PM
Overall it's was an enjoyable series. And it showed people what it's like to be a O.P. hero. Get's great power, but kinda get's boring for fight.

10/10 in my opinion. Hope it get's a second season.

Jun 27, 2016 12:14 PM

Just marathon this. Too awesome to stop. 10/10 for the great entertainment and fighting scenes!

Jul 10, 2016 5:13 AM
Oh my god that was fricking awesome, that fight seen tho was pretty intense. I wish all the hero's recognised Saitama at least an s class hero and shown him respect because he is worthy of being the best. Like a bunch of the S class hero's found it hard just to take down one guy who wasn't even the most powerful and Saitama took down the most powerful guy on his own so it makes sense really. and what's with that rank 1 guy. Why'd he have to be such a dick. But I really liked this anime with it's fight sense and humour.

Jul 24, 2016 1:44 PM

Even tho the fight was "intense", animation was a huge let down for it. Left me disappointed.
Saitama unlucky.
Modified by Yohimo_asakura, Jul 24, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 29, 2016 3:49 AM

That fight between Saitama and Boros was perhaps one of the only ones i've enjoyed! Wish it could have been longer though! That whole moon thing though LOL Saitama's ability is now on another level of incomprehension

Despite the hype surrounding this series, I thought this was an okay only series - though understandable because sometimes a series could get so overhyped which made new watchers expect way too much. Not a lot of series lived up to its hype no matter how great they are.

Anyways, i did enjoy this series, but it just wasn't all that exciting (the fights i mean). Although if this anime is geared towards comedy, i wish there were more Saitama scenes, although towards the end it kinda got too predictable with his nothing-could-faze-him reaction. Would've loved to see his other reactions too like panic etc for whatever reasons (sales etc).

Too bad this ended here, i wanted see amai mask's true abilities and also rank 1 and metal knight.

Aug 12, 2016 3:49 PM

casual anime watch today, my brother suggested it instead of any random movie as we had pizza and i figured; sure, why not, i'm barely interested in it and he seems to love it.

in short; didn't leave any lasting impressions i'm afraid, so i couldn't say i enjoyed it all that much; it was fun while watching it, but the story/characters were not memorable enough for me to really think about beyond what i've watched today.

;too much was started, but not enough was finished before the season was over. a season two might raise my score on this season one, but only since there'll be some more progression in it, hopefully.

ah; and too many characters doing too little stuff to leave any bigger impression except; cool guy, i wonder what he's gonna do/how he's gonna be important in this anime!
-then nothing happened and only two characters had enough to them to really be remembered by -w-'
Modified by Konani, Aug 12, 2016 4:54 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.

Aug 15, 2016 12:31 AM

Amazing finale.

LMFAO at Saitama on the moon like its nothing.

Holy shit! HE OPEN UP THE SKY'S PUSSY!

I was hoping to see Tatsumaki stop the ship considering the shit she be saying, but nope.

So City A is now Neo Domino City A...kinda.

I know I seen Pluton from somethnig Ghibli related.

Back to eating folks with one punch.

Roll credits!

Also, lack of Fubuki killed me.
Modified by Rob, Aug 15, 2016 12:56 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Aug 16, 2016 10:51 PM

Feels like it needs a season 2 with Amai, Metal knight, and Tatsumaki.

Aug 19, 2016 11:56 AM

Shit that was awesome.
Loved the last fight, specially the moon part and Saitamas punch that opened up the sky.
Tatsumaki was cool too ahah.
We are left with the Genos vs Metal Knight cliffhanger though. Thats unfortunate.
Overall that was an unique and epic anime, I loved it XD
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Sep 22, 2016 7:10 PM
Best Episode in the series. No contest

Oct 9, 2016 11:31 PM

Amazing series. I really enjoyed it. It was hilarious and he is super powerful and he hates that haha. 10/10

Oct 14, 2016 2:52 AM
Episode 12 was awesome. This anime is top dog for me. Have you all seen these shirts though? They look dope! (it has different shirts if you click one). https://www.marvelousdrops.com/search?q=saitama

Oct 16, 2016 10:46 AM

Honestly... that anime didn't live to its insane hype at all to me.

It was okay, a solid 6/10. "Fine".

The good: Interesting politics and use of "super heroes", comedy that works more often than not

The bad: Not enough comedy. For most of the time, I felt like I was just watching what it was trying to lampoon: a very bad Michael Bay-esque spectacle anime.

I love parody, but parodies should never become what they are attempting to make fun of. The only comedy came from Saitama, everything else was straight. Too straight.

This is closer to what it was lampooning than being a parody of it to me.

Oct 19, 2016 6:30 PM

Back to ONE PUNCH! LOL

8/10 for this silly parody, yet VERY entertaining anime series :)

RealCW said:

I love parody, but parodies should never become what they are attempting to make fun of. The only comedy came from Saitama, everything else was straight. Too straight.

I respect that, but what many people seem to wrongly assume, is that this is solely a parody. If it was as such, it what not have such detailed and unique characters, and a budget capable of making a top-notch serious shounen/seinen action anime envious. This series IS what it tries to parody, it is supposed to be funny, but the parody itself is subtle, because there is still development here contrary to say, Gintama (which is 99% parody) and attention to fights and important events. The real joke is on the main character. Now I will have to agree that this joke, played over and over will eventually get tiring (it's already too repetitive), that's why I think this series should try to evolve, while maintaining its light comedy (The main joke is usually on the godly enthusiasm-less MC, while the side characters carry the seriousness of the main plots forward)
Modified by Veethorn, Oct 19, 2016 6:42 PM

Oct 21, 2016 9:36 AM

I am so glad that I waited for all the hype to die down. I see a lot of people disappointed because it didn't live up to their expectations. I actually really enjoyed it for what it was. I would love a second season (unless the hype ruins it again)

Oct 22, 2016 5:49 PM

Wow, this show was actually really awesome!

At first, I was kind of worried that this show would get stale quickly, but it actually managed to remain consistently fresh throughout. Easily the best anime to come out in the last few years, in terms of comedy and action.

If more anime was like this, I would be one happy camper.

8/10

Oct 23, 2016 12:29 PM

That was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Saitama cracks me up. I look forward to season 2.

Pages (18) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »

Preview MangaManga Store