Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 23, 2015 3:49 AM
Apr 2015
The guys who said "lolz he died, don't care" must have empathy the size of a peanut.

Seriously if all you want is mindless violence go watch onepunchman or something.
I only give 3 ratings on any show I watch

10 = Enjoyed it

5 = Average

1 = Hated it
Dec 28, 2015 6:15 AM

Jul 2012
AivanK said:
Damn, what a great episode! Hope Masahiro will open his eyes and come to the good side xD i mean if he is still alive.

Umm yeah.. he's dead.

Gonna be sad watching Akihiro in the next few episodes :/
I agree with Orga with being sick of hearing all that human debris stuff. You guys are humans too! :(
Dec 28, 2015 9:00 PM

Oct 2008
There goes Masahiro...i'm pretty sorry for Akihiro.
4/5.

Dec 29, 2015 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
This was too fast for me to keep up with and Masahiro's death was kind of predictable, but I still enjoyed it :)
Dec 29, 2015 7:23 AM

Jul 2015
OH CRAP! I posted my reaction of the wrong episode in the wrong thread. I'm so sorry if I spoiled anyone here. :(
AmyTwoDec 30, 2015 2:14 AM
Dec 29, 2015 8:00 AM

Dec 2012
Even if they're the enemy, it really is still unsettling to see kids getting slaughtered and crushed in their cockpits. But damn, that was really something with Masahiro. Him pushing Akihiro strikes me in two ways. The first is that he was saving Akihiro. Given his mindset, however, I'm led to believe that he was so absorbed in his own despair that he was rejecting his brother. It might have been that last moment realization of wanting to protect Akihiro, but it was also almost as if he wanted to make a point such as "We are human debris and this is all we're good for in the end."
Dec 30, 2015 1:13 AM

Jan 2013
Nice tragic ending.
Jan 2, 2016 7:02 PM

Feb 2013
Lafter needs a sexier mech to match her better.

Big bro goes berserk next episode?
Jan 16, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
i don't think the story has a slow pace. I'm enjoying how they explain things. IMO this pace is important to develop the characters to the second part of the anime
About masahiro, i actually thought that akihiro was going to die. Death flags follow this character everywhere hhahahaha. If he survives till the end of this series i'll be impressed.
Mar 10, 2016 5:55 AM

Apr 2011
Well I never Masahiro to live or be rescued. He's more like a plot device for his big brother.
Mar 16, 2016 10:10 AM

Jul 2013
And rip Masahiro. Time for Akihiro to unleash inner SSJ.
I really dislike that blonde guy that acts like The Joker or something. Hope he dies soon. Great action as well.
Mar 17, 2016 11:43 PM

Nov 2011
tingy said:
Irenesharda said:

Here, I was able to gain emotional impact and hurt from the death of a character that we had only been introduced to a few episodes ago. I think it was the combination of his relationship with an actual named character and how much Masahiro meant to Akihiro. It was the fact that both Tekkadan and Turbines wanted to save him and were doing their best to do so. It was showing what a horrible life Masahiro and his fellow child slaves were enduring, that collectively made Masahiro’s death that much more impactful. The realization that this is what could have happened to Tekkadan’s men if they didn’t form such a tight knit bond with each other and have such support between each other, with leaders who looked after the group. Masahiro couldn’t take the idea of having hope again, his life as human debris destroyed him and it breaks your heart to see him choose death like that.

Tbh I didn't like Masahiro when he kind of had a mental breakdown, yet when he pushed Akihiro away and laughed knowing he will die in less than few seconds, I felt something. While it wasn't incredibly heartbreaking to me, unknowingly, a few tears dropped. And then I thought about how Masahiro's reaction was understandable. He's been in this terrible situation for so long, still barely clinging to the hope that his older brother would come to get him. But when Akihiro finally does and tells Masahiro about the Tekkadan family, it made sense why he rejected it. I too would be jealous of how Akihiro was able to be happy, while suffering the whole time and not being able to do anything to get out of the terrible situation. Yet somewhere inside, Masahiro probably also hated these ugly emotions, why shouldn't you be happy for you family if they were able to be happy? I think it was just too much for Masahiro, this possibility of being happy coming right at you when you're in the darkness, it was too sudden. And as he said, the more he had hope the more he suffered. While Masahiro and the other kids weren't developed or anything, it really sheds a light about the depth of despair they were in, being Human Debris for so long. It's hard to blame them for all the anger they've had to held in. I think Masahiro's death was sad not solely because he died the way he did or because of his relationship with Akihiro, but because it showed the mentality kids like him had. They had no respect for their own lives. (Sorry I pretty much just said the same thing as Irenesharda)

It didn't really have any emotional impact on me, but this is what I took away from the episode as well.

Good post.
Apr 2, 2016 6:12 AM

Jun 2013
The action! The drama! I love it all.

I understand why Masahiro acted and responded the way he did, I believe he went through a rougher experience than Akihiro and he didn't have any bros around him. He had companions but they were probably equally in despair as he was and couldn't find a glimmer of hope anywhere. Goodbye Masahiro.
臭い-
Apr 11, 2016 10:13 PM

Sep 2013
Well, shit... That wasn't necessarily unexpected, but I didn't think Masahiro would die right in front of Akihiro.
Oct 28, 2016 8:11 PM

Sep 2015
I feel sorry for those kids under those pirates control. Masahiro saved his bro and sacrificed himself dying a Human Debris, he says.
Dec 3, 2016 6:56 AM

Jun 2014
After having this crap on my on-hold list for almost a year, I can say for sure that I want to drop this turd. This show has an incredibly weak script, story and boring characters. Nothing is truly worthwhile of your time in IBO. To make things worse, this has a second season as well, I'm scared to dare and think how bad that might be. If you want a good recent original mecha show, watch Kuromukuro instead, do not waste your time with this, or watch any other Gundam but this one.
:3
Aug 22, 2017 6:05 AM

Jul 2017
Wow, a creepy space graveyard, dark ambiance, and gruesome action. I felt so bad for the kids aligned with the pirates, talking about death and hopelessness. I have a friend who talks like Masahiro. I thought he was going to kill Akihiro, but...

In other news, Atra was so cute in this episode!
Sep 28, 2017 4:35 AM

Jun 2008
I guess it would have lost all it's Gundam credentials as a show if it did a completely happy ending at this mini-arc by getting Masahiro on the ship with others so at least he had to die.

I don't get why people thing more of the main cast has to die right now. If some of them get killed is better to leave it close to the end really. If you kill characters like Akihiro now then who are you gonna kill if you need a death close to the big ending battles. The main guys?

Space Guts going Berserk next episode.
Jul 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Dec 2012
Dat bento.
Vito is dead.
MASAHIRO!!!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 20, 2022 5:34 PM
Feb 2021
thought everything was clear about what was happening
Apr 1, 2023 8:36 PM
Jul 2015
What a shock that Akihiro's brother (that we just learned about an episode ago) is piloting a random mobile suit in the same part of the massive galaxy that Akihiro is in. I can't believe this happened. But seriously, this would have been a little more impactful if Akihiro's character building would have been a little more thought out, like maybe if he had been always reminiscing about his brother from the first couple episodes. It just felt a little forced and unbelievable and I suspect the show runners all conjured it real quick to try and make this battle more intense. Also, I didn't really didn't care about all of Masahiro's buddies that got murdered, and the muscular flamboyant, comically evil villain Mika had to fight was so ridiculous that it was hard for me to enjoy the battle. Ay any rate, it was a fun episode I guess considering the last few episodes was a lot of character and plot building. The scene with Mcgillis and his young waifu was really strange...
Jul 17, 2023 12:18 PM
Jul 2023
this episode broke me and i cried :(
Sep 8, 2023 12:26 AM

Jul 2016
Both of the brothers had deathflags, so I see it as Masahiro grabbing Akihiro's off of his hands. RIP

Hoping Akihiro gets the honor of finishing off the pirates.
Jan 31, 3:54 AM

Jul 2017
people clearly don't know how animated media works, for a character's death to be impactful it doesn't NECESSARILY have to be someone important, and Masahiro demonstrated why perfectly.
this episode, although predictable, serves to put you into the mindset of a human debris and understand how little they value their own life, and masahiro's action completely reflects this concept.
I also challenge anyone to welcome Akihiro's message of hope and light into that situation with open arms, when those poor children probably experienced years and years of abuse living in darkness, without hope and with a disarming amount of jealousy and anger, knowing probably only these emotions.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Apr 7, 2:20 AM
Dec 2022
Epic battle about to happen

This battle actually going crazy in multiple ways
the brothers reuinite

WHAT HAPPENED
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

284 by Pe11etS »»
Apr 8, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2015

168 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2015

85 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.