Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 19, 2015 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's a staring contest
Actually I have to admit, the fight this episode was good, at least with the soundtrack and the way both Goku and Frieza fought each other with an intense atmosphere. Been awhile since I've seen that. Lol, poor Jako and his photo

Vegeta's smile was priceless this episode lol

Stark700Dec 19, 2015 5:01 PM
Dec 19, 2015 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
I'm expecting this one to get a LOT of hate, probably even more than episode 5 due to the animation being on that level, or even worse, but... I really enjoyed this one. Like, I REALLY enjoyed this one, more than I should. Besides the awkward stand-off at the beginning, there were a lot of cool character interactions and a whole lot of new dialogue added in that I'm curious to read once subtitles are out. And hey, Freeza was smart TWO times!

I guess that this fight in the film was already so terribly choreographed, so unmemorable and just downright mediocre that I didn't even care if the animation this episode was absolute garbage. I take character interaction and dialogue over animation any day.
Dec 19, 2015 5:53 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DrizzyXP said:
I'm expecting this one to get a LOT of hate, probably even more than episode 5 due to the animation being on that level, or even worse, but... I really enjoyed this one. Like, I REALLY enjoyed this one, more than I should. Besides the awkward stand-off at the beginning, there were a lot of cool character interactions and a whole lot of new dialogue added in that I'm curious to read once subtitles are out. And hey, Freeza was smart TWO times!

I guess that this fight in the film was already so terribly choreographed, so unmemorable and just downright mediocre that I didn't even care if the animation this episode was absolute garbage. I take character interaction and dialogue over animation any day.
I highly disagree
Dec 19, 2015 7:25 PM
Oct 2012
Absolutely garbage episode.
Dec 19, 2015 9:01 PM
Jul 2018
Freezer has lost all of his dignity already.
Dec 19, 2015 11:01 PM

Oct 2012
The animation of this episode was poor, but the episode was not entirely bad because of that. The interactions they added that were not in the movie are very entertaining.
Dec 19, 2015 11:05 PM
Jun 2011
the animation was bad but the interaction between vageta frieza was entertaining and that smiles was funny. next episode golden frieza it seems we not far from the end of this arc
Dec 20, 2015 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
Only great thing about this ep was Vegeta's fake smiles and Bulma's ass
Dec 20, 2015 7:56 AM

Dec 2010
DrizzyXP said:

I disagree completely. The movie had some amazing fight choreography that really remembered me from Dragon Ball Z, unlike Battle of Gods.

@episode: I like how Freeza acts here, but... the animation is so poor that I can't overlook it. Hell, even Uchiyama directed episodes from Z, despite the bad art, had better animation than this. This is even worse than a lot of bad animated episodes I saw from Toei anime, including Digimon Adventure and Toriko.

1/5
Dec 20, 2015 8:36 AM

Nov 2014
This episode made me laught soo hard at how stupid it was, the filler stares were god level, and the animation/art were plain bad and lazy.

On other hand the comedy was good.

5/5 episode, 100% for the lulz.
Dec 20, 2015 11:55 AM

Oct 2010
Movie version: http://a.pomf.cat/fmjyvn.webm
Anime version: http://a.pomf.cat/vsognz.webm

Not sure which one I prefer more.... Fuck toei.
Dec 20, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Cool! Finally the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan appears in the anime!
Dec 20, 2015 3:03 PM
Oct 2012
Hyack said:
Movie version: http://a.pomf.cat/fmjyvn.webm
Anime version: http://a.pomf.cat/vsognz.webm

Not sure which one I prefer more.... Fuck toei.

You're being sarcastic, right?
It's like comparing The Phantom of The Opera with High School Musical.
Unless, of course, you are DrizzyXP.
Dec 20, 2015 5:41 PM
Apr 2014
Garbage animation and off model character faces but still not as bad as episode 5, that one was literally stick figures animation fighting.
At least Toei delivers good animation in the DBZ movies.
Dec 20, 2015 11:34 PM
Nov 2015
Hahaha .... this anime ... i rofled so hard :P
Its SOOO BAD that its Good again XD !!!

While Onepunchman originally is a parody and intends to make u laugh, the murata art and the genius animation team make it more awesome and real than any other current airing anime.

But DB Super on the other hand feels like a proper parody of itself, because of the downright terrible art and animation. Or rather to me it feels like watching a decent Fanart by people who half of the time get Faces and Body proportions right, cause they copy/paste the looks off an original ...
And the other half just looks like proper Fanart, drawn by either a talented 10 year old or an untalented adult who still doesn't get the basics right. Like drawing a face right , which is not only simple to begin with but has been drawn over a million times(literally)

Seriously half the time im like ... "Who is that guy ?? Ohh thats supposed to be goku/frieza??" Damnn :O ... :(

I just don't get it ... you would think after 23 episodes or rather 2 seasons of a regular animetime, that they would actually just replace those morons who can't deliver BASIC ART/Animation ....
But nope, they are still wrecking havoc on this and i made the mistake of calling it watchable a few episodes ago :((

Still, instead of fast forwarding through each episode like i usually do i finally accept DBS as what it truly is ... A Parody!

And boy .. this mindset together with a few beers absolutley made me burst out in tears XD It literally is so bad that its good again :))
Dec 21, 2015 12:00 AM

Sep 2011
Awful episode. No more needs to be said.
Dec 21, 2015 12:07 AM

Jun 2013
Gidar said:

While Onepunchman originally is a parody and intends to make u laugh, the murata art and the genius animation team make it more awesome and real than any other current airing anime.

But DB Super on the other hand feels like a proper parody of itself, because of the downright terrible art and animation. Or rather to me it feels like watching a decent Fanart by people who half of the time get Faces and Body proportions right, cause they copy/paste the looks off an original ...
And the other half just looks like proper Fanart, drawn by either a talented 10 year old or an untalented adult who still doesn't get the basics right. Like drawing a face right , which is not only simple to begin with but has been drawn over a million times(literally)

Seriously half the time im like ... "Who is that guy ?? Ohh thats supposed to be goku/frieza??" Damnn :O ... :(

I just don't get it ... you would think after 23 episodes or rather 2 seasons of a regular animetime, that they would actually just replace those morons who can't deliver BASIC ART/Animation ....
But nope, they are still wrecking havoc on this and i made the mistake of calling it watchable a few episodes ago :((

Still, instead of fast forwarding through each episode like i usually do i finally accept DBS as what it truly is ... A Parody!

And boy .. this mindset together with a few beers absolutley made me burst out in tears XD It literally is so bad that its good again :))
Right, exaggerating much, anyway, still wondering why you waste 24 episodes on this if you 'hate' it so much.
Dec 21, 2015 1:07 AM

Jan 2015
Frieza's excuse that he got stronger just because he trained why didn't he when he was a half cyborg... At that time he would've been able to destroy Goku and co but he chose not too .... This excuse is just bad writing ... This anime is getting better but still take a little more time in thinking of a better reason for example he got a new drive that burned him to the core... That would've been even better and I just thought of it in a second ....
Dec 21, 2015 1:07 AM

Jun 2013

Vegeta pretty much said that he will settle for 10 more episodes.
Dec 21, 2015 1:13 AM

Jan 2012
24. Clash: Frieza vs Son Goku! This is the Fruit of My Training!
Original Airdate: December 20, 2015

Goku and Frieza finally start fighting. Fearing their power, Jaco tries to flee, but Bulma won't let him. During the fight, Frieza continually antagonizes Goku by attacking his loved ones, though each attack is blocked. He even boasts that he plans to destroy both Earth and Namek's Dragon Balls, preventing Piccolo's revival. Goku is quick to note that won't happen. Suddenly, Vegeta attacks Goku! Frieza wonders if Vegeta has become loyal to him once more, but no such luck. He's simply tired of watching them play around and tells Goku to start fighting seriously. Goku transforms into his blue-haired form, reaching the power of Super Saiyan God without the ritual.

Late episode this week with worse subs than usual. We're back on Namek with an extremely padded Goku vs Frieza fight! :D I think Vegeta was filling in for the audience this week. :D I lold at Tien honestly wondering if Vegeta turned evil again. As if he'd give up that sweet Bulma *** for Frieza....dumbass. :D That aside not much this week. We got a pointless few seconds with Dende I guess, and next week should be Frieza's golden transformation. Until then! :D

Rating: 7/7

This Week in Buu: Does not appear, but is mentioned by Frieza again.

Did You Notice?: So in the Jaco manga we see a picture of him with his girlfriend. Here his dad...unless it was a mistranslation. :D

Next: Blue Haired Goku vs. Frieza Begins!
Dec 21, 2015 1:38 AM

Feb 2013
Getting tired of people moaning about the animation. If you hate it so much, move on. I am just tired of hearing about it. To me, it's not that bad. I still love Dragon Ball. This episode felt like a filler except forthe Goku Blue transformation and to be honest it doesn't feel like he got any stronger from it. Goku Gold is always the best for me. Overall 3.5/5 for the episode. Frieza Gold (lol he is now SS Frieza) next week and soon a new universe. Can't wait...
Dec 21, 2015 1:40 AM

Feb 2015
YAY, we get another unnecessary transformation! Otherwise the episode was quite funny.
Dec 21, 2015 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
damn Dragon Ball Super could have been more epic if it has the same animation quality of One Punch Man lol

Toei and their cheap and kiddy animation
Dec 21, 2015 2:11 AM
Nov 2015
Aeternitas said:
Gidar said:

Right, exaggerating much, anyway, still wondering why you waste 24 episodes on this if you 'hate' it so much.

Who said i ever wachted 24 episodes of this shit??

I "watched" and dropped it several times. It's not like i wasted an entire 8 hours of my life like you but instead maybe an entire hour on everything? Fast forward and or skip . thats all i did

Why do i even bother ?? Cause i have a tiny bit of hope that it will turn into a proper Anime Show with consistent Art. But the only thing that is consistend with this show is the Intro and Outro. Imagine how it would be if this show could even remotly reach that quality..

No weird faces, that eel so fucking out of place, no awkward stalemates / fighting scenes which make you wonder if the animator wasn't a dude from a random Ero game...

People who rate this Crap above 6 clearly suffer from delusiinal disorder and need to watch real Anime ASAP.

Sure i desperately peeked into the current dragonball franchise cause i HAD some childhood dream/trauma which made me cling to some sort of Believe of it becoming just a regular quality Dragonball sequel .... but i was wrong, i admit my mistake.

I mean i get it. To children or people like yourself there isn't much difference. You watch it and you are amazed cause your bird brain forgets about the terrible stuff right away. So you have to watch it again and again till you dream of nothing but the good parts.

I was like that when i watched my first disney movies and its nothing to be ashamed of <3 :)
GidarDec 21, 2015 2:22 AM
Dec 21, 2015 2:42 AM
Jun 2014
This was terrible. The animation quality was unwatchable for about 19 mins of the 20 mins in the episode. I've seen flash animation on newgrounds better than this. The fight was boring, meaningless, and all it did was waste time. I mean, who is the audience for this shit?
NerguiMaedaDec 21, 2015 3:08 AM
Dec 21, 2015 2:56 AM

Jul 2015
The most boring episode so far. And the animation was really poor. Well atleast I got to see Goku transform to SSGSJ form. I'm sure that Freeza couldn't even lay a finger on Goku right now, no matter how strong he is, even when he transform to his gold form. Goku is on a whole new level right now. To be honest, this fight should end with 1 punch, but I'm pretty sure they'll drag it to 20 fucking episodes.
Dec 21, 2015 3:03 AM

Mar 2014
I was about to adapt myself to DBS and started to enjoy it for what it was. I started to like it.
Until I had to wait an entire day for subs which were appaling grammar-wise and the episode wasn't even worth the wait. Oh man, big facepalm.
Dec 21, 2015 4:06 AM

Feb 2015
It had some of those classic Dragon Ball Z moments, like the stare down, but the art was terrible in places (still not as bad as episode 5).
Dec 21, 2015 6:45 AM

Apr 2014
I like how they determine strength by looking at their hair colour lol.

Thank god the transformation actually looks good this time. That red one from before was horrid.
Dec 21, 2015 7:16 AM
Aug 2014
onepunchman finale spoiled us
Dec 21, 2015 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
lmao seeing vegeta smiling was pretty awkward xDD
Dec 21, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2009
I didn't watch the last two movies, so what was happening this episode was entirely new to me...

Blue Hair..? Okay, just...why...................*sigh* How many more transformations can the DBZ universe take lmao??? I am surprised how they still didn't run out of ideas for crazy transformations or how Goku gets them...

The fact this is now considered "canon" is appalling tho...

No thanks.
Dec 21, 2015 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
Okay ish

So blue hair is a result of Goku becoming SSG without the help of the others, meaning he has trained and reached such a state where he can freely transform into God. Nice one Goku

It might be late to rant about this but, I simply don't understand the point of wasting an arc with an already-gone villain like Freeza. He should have stayed dead
Dec 21, 2015 9:12 AM

Sep 2007
Really don't understand all the hate. Some people just need to accept this type of anime isn't their cup of tea, drop it, and move on. DB has always been a love it or hate it type anime. I thought the episode was great, animation was acceptable, and once again ended where i'll be excited to see the next episode. I could see why it'd be boring if you watched the movie, but we'll be getting new content for everyone soon enough.

With that said...

(rant)
The animation isn't as good as a movie? You mean cranking out ~18 minutes of animated content a week isn't going to be the same quality as a 90 minute movie that was in development for longer than this entire series has been airing? Who would of thought... The animation in this episode was no where near as bad as the early episodes. Stating that is absurd, go back and watch the non-BD version of the first Beerus encounter and compare again. It was awful. This animation was very acceptable.

Why complain about another transformation? The red haired super saiyan god transformation was a one time thing used as a stepping stone. This new transformation is basically the same, but doesn't require multiple people and can be used infinitely. That was the result of their training. There's really only 1 new transformation, and the previous one was SSJ3 way back during the early stages of buu, if you don't count fusion. It's about time if you ask me...

I understand the complaints of bringing back freeza for a 3rd time is a bit repetitive, but (minor spoilers that shouldn't come as a surprise if you've been paying attention) freeza is not the first "big" villain of this series. Think of it as the Ginyu Force saga in DBZ, before Freeza is even fought. This saga will be over quickly and the next saga will contain the next big (all new) villain. If you remember, this villain has already been briefly revealed in a previous episode, blowing up planets. The whole point of this arc is to show how strong Goku/Vegeta have become with their new transformation. It wouldn't be very rewarding for the viewer if all that training resulted in them immediately getting their asses handed to them. The Champa Arc is only 4 episodes away, which is finally fresh content beyond the movies.

However, one might wonder what is going to happen because it looks like we're almost caught up to the manga already. They are going to have to take breaks, or make entire filler arcs. Sigh...
TyrindorDec 21, 2015 9:50 AM
Dec 21, 2015 9:32 AM

Sep 2015
Vegata's half episode clap solo was INTENSE - 10/10
Dec 21, 2015 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Vegeta's fake smile was priceless!
Dec 21, 2015 2:05 PM

Mar 2013
This was beyond bad. So far DBGT is superior to this crap.
Dec 21, 2015 3:10 PM

Jun 2013
Tyrindor said:
Really don't understand all the hate. Some people just need to accept this type of anime isn't their cup of tea, drop it, and move on. DB has always been a love it or hate it type anime. I thought the episode was great, animation was acceptable, and once again ended where i'll be excited to see the next episode. I could see why it'd be boring if you watched the movie, but we'll be getting new content for everyone soon enough.

With that said...

(rant)
The animation isn't as good as a movie? You mean cranking out ~18 minutes of animated content a week isn't going to be the same quality as a 90 minute movie that was in development for longer than this entire series has been airing? Who would of thought... The animation in this episode was no where near as bad as the early episodes. Stating that is absurd, go back and watch the non-BD version of the first Beerus encounter and compare again. It was awful. This animation was very acceptable.

Why complain about another transformation? The red haired super saiyan god transformation was a one time thing used as a stepping stone. This new transformation is basically the same, but doesn't require multiple people and can be used infinitely. That was the result of their training. There's really only 1 new transformation, and the previous one was SSJ3 way back during the early stages of buu, if you don't count fusion. It's about time if you ask me...

I understand the complaints of bringing back freeza for a 3rd time is a bit repetitive, but (minor spoilers that shouldn't come as a surprise if you've been paying attention) freeza is not the first "big" villain of this series. Think of it as the Ginyu Force saga in DBZ, before Freeza is even fought. This saga will be over quickly and the next saga will contain the next big (all new) villain. If you remember, this villain has already been briefly revealed in a previous episode, blowing up planets. The whole point of this arc is to show how strong Goku/Vegeta have become with their new transformation. It wouldn't be very rewarding for the viewer if all that training resulted in them immediately getting their asses handed to them. The Champa Arc is only 4 episodes away, which is finally fresh content beyond the movies.

However, one might wonder what is going to happen because it looks like we're almost caught up to the manga already. They are going to have to take breaks, or make entire filler arcs. Sigh...
Careful, else you will get flamed by grown-ups with massive Ostrich brains.
Dec 21, 2015 4:47 PM

Mar 2013
Has Krillin always sounded this bad or was his voice acting just particularly poor this episode?
Dec 21, 2015 6:25 PM
Sep 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
Absolutely garbage episode.

100% agree. How the hell ppl find this enjoyable is beyond me. Fight was good?! Action? What action!? There is more action in school library. Another dull episode with many dumb scenes and horrible animations. Movie did it 100x better in every possible way.
Dec 21, 2015 6:26 PM

Dec 2012
Bad animation. Very poor translation.
Dec 21, 2015 7:51 PM

Oct 2011
Super Saiyan GOD YAY
Dec 21, 2015 8:59 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Frieza no Death Beam!Freeza no Death Beam!FREEZA NO DEATH BEAM!

I found that scene hilarious, Freeza going to Death Beam Goku while he was transforming.

The fight was lackluster. Not as good as the one they had on Namek. That one was very intense. This fight felt more like they weren't even serious.

Vegata being Vegeta. Best moment in the episode. The smile lol

Dec 22, 2015 3:48 AM
Oct 2008
Oh god the animation was mediocre this week, looking forward to this arc ending quick to see actual new content in Super.

AnimeFan500 said:
Super Saiyan GOD YAY

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan... actually... Horrible naming.
Dec 22, 2015 6:26 AM
Mar 2014
this episode was ridiculous
Dec 22, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
People, don't feed trolls like Gidar.

Dec 22, 2015 9:58 AM

Aug 2014
Vegeta clapping was quite hilarious, and that smile XD
Dec 22, 2015 9:58 AM

Apr 2014
Madara22 said:
Frieza's excuse that he got stronger just because he trained why didn't he when he was a half cyborg... At that time he would've been able to destroy Goku and co but he chose not too .... This excuse is just bad writing ... This anime is getting better but still take a little more time in thinking of a better reason for example he got a new drive that burned him to the core... That would've been even better and I just thought of it in a second ....

Because he didn't think that he needed to.

He had his dad with him when he went to go destroy Earth, who is way stronger than he is.

Dec 22, 2015 4:37 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah, that fight was really bad.
Dec 22, 2015 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
Vegeta's Trolling was the only good thing in this episode
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.