Comic_Sans said:
LOL
sup
Dec 20, 2015 2:15 AM
Jun 2015
keimaconquesta said:
Comic_Sans said:
LOL

OH GOD! This video was always recommended to me on the youtube sidebar but I never clicked it until now.. I would like to take it back.
Dec 20, 2015 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
SeibaaHomu said:
xLORD_OF_GANJAx said:
Sugita in roles that aren't Gintoki or that one character from Inu x Boku SS

I hate it
I don't agree (I actually love the guy) but I can't stand him as Kyon. Although maybe that's just because of how much better Crispin Freeman is.

I actually loved Kyon's voice and his voice acting was really good.
Dec 20, 2015 7:59 AM

Oct 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
The entire dub cast of Girls und Panzer.
I watched it subbed but I did check out the dub once strictly out of curiosity. I don't think I was able to finish half an episode. It sounded like 40 yr old housewives attempting to turn back the clock to sound like high school girls.

All anime involving high school characters is automatically sub-only for me. Male characters aren't too bad either way but Western female dubs for girls always sound totally off.

Another totally out of place voice acting experience for me is when the southern U.S. accent is used for Japanese characters. For example for the Rurouni Kenshin TV series English dub the two Sekihara sisters Tae and Sae. That accent is too strongly associated with it's own geographical area (southeastern U.S.) and using it as a method to differentiate a different Japanese dialect completely blows the immersion. I understand what they are trying to do but it simply backfires.
8oomerDec 20, 2015 8:09 AM
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Dec 20, 2015 8:10 AM
Jun 2015
xLORD_OF_GANJAx said:
Sugita in roles that aren't Gintoki or that one character from Inu x Boku SS

I hate it
[/quote]
Have you even heard him as Gundam and Kizami? He''s fucking amazing as them.

Dec 20, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2012
8oomer said:
Another totally out of place voice acting experience for me is when the southern U.S. accent is used for Japanese characters.

In the English dub for Noein the physicist Uchida Ryouko sounds like she just stepped out of a meeting of the United Daughters of the Confederacy. Casting Billy Bob Thornton as the monk in Princess Mononoke was also a horrible decision.

The actor who plays the Medicine Seller in the "'Bake Neko" arc of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales pales into insignificance when compared to Sakurai Takahiro's remarkable performance in the role. Probably my single favorite performance by a male seiyuu ever.
Dec 20, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2015
The dub for hinata shintani from Maid-Sama was awful. Going back to the "southern US accent doesn't work in anime" reason. Another reason I go for subs more often than dubs
Dec 20, 2015 2:24 PM
Oct 2012
Yuki Kaji as Hermes in Arslan Senki. I do think he's a good VA, but his voice simply doesn't work for that kind of menacing character. Sounds way too unnatural.

And then you've got Noriko Shitaya as Himeka Kuujou in Kamichama Karin. Worst voice performance ever? Quite possibly.
Dec 20, 2015 3:27 PM

Aug 2015
I've only seen that in English dubs. Yuno Gasai didn't have a fitting voice at all, and Yuki's was nice to listen to, so no complaints.
Dec 23, 2015 9:56 AM

Sep 2009

THIS.

giving a manly man character to cute voiced pretty boy... Tsk tsk.

I still like him he has no fault but that's just weird... Just trying to don't judge by its cover anyway...
VargnattDec 23, 2015 10:01 AM

Dec 23, 2015 10:01 AM

May 2013
keimaconquesta said:
Comic_Sans said:
LOL

This guy wins the thread! XD
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
4 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
9 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
35 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

16 by LenRea »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.